Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Has anyone said how the Onslaught alternate colors thing will be handled? I'm assuming one will come in this wave, and the recolor will be with Skylynx's wave, but it's only a hunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Ugh, I just found a really cool thing for cheap and am having a raging internal debate on if I should give it as an SS present or keep it.

Why did they only have one. Why...
:negative:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Today I saw a 4x4 the same metallic colour as Takara Generations Kup and the plate said G1 KUP.. Dunno if it was a thing or just coincidence.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

EthanSteele posted:

Today I saw a 4x4 the same metallic colour as Takara Generations Kup and the plate said G1 KUP.. Dunno if it was a thing or just coincidence.

There's no way it was a coincidence

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The "G" is for girls, two of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

The "G" is for girls, two of them.

In the old "terrible car stuff" thread in AI someone saw a "2G1CUP" plate.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Gammatron 64 posted:

Oh yeah, that reminds me, here's an oldie but a goodie

That one had me in stitches when I was like 13.

I hate to ask but do you gave the one with Megatron and Starscream? That was hysterical....

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Squalitude posted:

I hate to ask but do you gave the one with Megatron and Starscream? That was hysterical....

No, don't think I've ever heard that one.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Phy posted:

Stop all the downloadin'!

I'm glad somebody caught that.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Gammatron 64 posted:

No, don't think I've ever heard that one.

Ahh, it's probably for the best- lots of "Yeees" and "Starscream" like only Frank Welker can...

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Blackheart posted:

ROTF Insecticon is so cool.

Leader Jetfire's nosecone is rubbery too, but just the very tip.

I'm gonna recommend the SXS upgrade for Blitzy again, overpriced but it really made me love that figure.

Good Lord you're right, I thought it was solid. It's still better than Blitzwings blubberry bullshit though.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Squalitude posted:

Was it this one?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Got a RiD Underbite for my daughter, now I kinda want to get one for myself. That is a real good tiny wolf/future car toy. Reminds me a lot of G1 mini vehicles which is something I've been missing. Makes up for the clearance chainsaw slash vehicon which I just had to get yesterday. That is a bad toy.

e: and my Retrax came in. I had originally intended to replace his head, tail and body segments with lexan, rotate the robot parts 90 degrees, add in a second pair of legs and generally make a decent toy out of him. Now that he's in my hands though I really just want to replace the arms. Any good arm donor suggestions? Should be deluxe size, preferably with a solid upper arm (to accommodate drilling so it can go on the rod that's already there) ball joint elbow and wrist swivel. Ideally it should look cool and be cheap and easy to find.

Sizone fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Nov 13, 2015

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Sizone posted:

Makes up for the clearance chainsaw slash vehicon which I just had to get yesterday. That is a bad toy.

Yes, yes it is.

It's crazy that they charged $15 for what is basic Mcdonald's level gimmicks and transformations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

DT, can we get a yes/no? I think something about this looks off.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
One would hope it's just the image being distorted, hence the squashed up, "who ate all the pies?" look there.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I meant more about the MS Publisher ovals with 'First Titan Wars Toy' on it. Makes it look very unprofessional.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The_Doctor posted:

Fooled once with Abominus, never again :colbert:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Honestly, I think DT tells us too much sometimes. I worry about nondisclosure agreements and the like. I really don't want a guy to loose his job because Hasbro found out he said too much on some obscure Internet forum. I like the inside info as much as the next guy, but I don't really like asking him questions much because I don't want to get him in trouble. Then again, I might just be paranoid and worrying over nothing.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I'd say it looks pretty standard as far as a corporate powerpoint slide goes, but perhaps that's what were supposed to think :tinfoil:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Kinda weird how it claims it is the FIRST titan wars product, but tfw2005 seems somewhat more convinced.

Not really sure I want that anyway.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Honestly, I think DT tells us too much sometimes.
He tells us about things which are shipping and little else.

I agree I don't want the duder to get fired though. I don't want anyone in the thread to get fired. Not even our dearly departed Taint.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

BIG TIP OFF THAT IT'S FAKE:

It's not "Titan Wars", it's "Titans Return". We KNOW this. That's an inept forgery.

EDIT: I mean it might be old enough to predate the name change (because they said at NYCC that at one point it WAS gonna be "Titan Wars") but I'm gonna be skeptical.

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Nov 13, 2015

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

TFW was pretty quick to debunk the abominus one, yet this was embraced almost immediately. I'm skeptical, but it does look nice. We'll find out soon enough anyway.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
That's pretty clearly Generations Metroplex and G1 Fort Max photoshopped together.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Honestly, I think DT tells us too much sometimes. I worry about nondisclosure agreements and the like. I really don't want a guy to loose his job because Hasbro found out he said too much on some obscure Internet forum. I like the inside info as much as the next guy, but I don't really like asking him questions much because I don't want to get him in trouble. Then again, I might just be paranoid and worrying over nothing.

He's trying to go into the legal department (so he has some kind of aptitude for liability spotting) and never directly tells us anything that hasn't already been made public. He's a big boy and can handle himself.

Also, that thing looks like rear end and I hope it's not true.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
SirToys has started getting his OS MP-10's. I was the third guy to Want List it so I have one dibbed for 24 hours buuuuut I bought one on Ebay earlier this week from the trusted seller. But now a few people are posting on TFW that that seller has canceled their orders because of lack of stock.

God drat it, I think I'm going to double down on this guy just in case the Ebay seller oversold his stock on my order as well.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Got my SS shopping done. I hope whomever I am assigned to is at least kindly disposed towards Geewunesque things!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

He's trying to go into the legal department (so he has some kind of aptitude for liability spotting) and never directly tells us anything that hasn't already been made public. He's a big boy and can handle himself.

Also, that thing looks like rear end and I hope it's not true.

Okay. Again, sorry, I'm probably worrying over nothing.

That said, I figured if they ever chose to make a Fort Max, they'd reuse tooling from Metroplex to save costs.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
^Even the illustration seen makes it pretty obvious it's a Generation Metroplex retool.

The red shins make me think that slide may not be on the up-and-up. Or maybe the Hasbro one will have inexplicable red shins just so Takara has something to fix for their version.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Okay. Again, sorry, I'm probably worrying over nothing.

I wasn't coming down on you or anything, just expressing faith in DT to manage his liability. I was worried too before he started talking about aiming for legal.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

SirToys has started getting his OS MP-10's. I was the third guy to Want List it so I have one dibbed for 24 hours buuuuut I bought one on Ebay earlier this week from the trusted seller. But now a few people are posting on TFW that that seller has canceled their orders because of lack of stock.

God drat it, I think I'm going to double down on this guy just in case the Ebay seller oversold his stock on my order as well.

It's not showing as available for me yet on Sirtoys but when it does I think I'll be doubling down on it... I think it's unlikely someone won't at least break even. They may start doing palette swaps after this run, if so the red version will be in demand

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

catch22 posted:

It's not showing as available for me yet on Sirtoys but when it does I think I'll be doubling down on it... I think it's unlikely someone won't at least break even. They may start doing palette swaps after this run, if so the red version will be in demand

He's offering it to people in the order that they want listed it as he's just getting a few at a time. I'm gonna buy it but put the shipping on hold til next week so I can snag a bunch of other stuff I want.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Any word on Super Evasion Prime?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

Any word on Super Evasion Prime?

Last I heard it was mid to late December.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

The_Doctor posted:

It’s time for…
:siren:THE 2015 TRANSFORMERS THREAD SECRET SANTA!:siren:

Yes, it’s that time of the year again!

If you're new to this Secret Santa malarkey, we all throw our names into my hat, receive a random name, and send that person a lovely gift of Transformers goodies, toys, candy, maybe some booze, and all around a big ol' ball of holiday cheer! It's fun, trust me. No really.

SIGNING UP:

1 )First step, simply sign up here: http://goo.gl/forms/haj1oxvXFn

If you find you are having problems, email me at :siren: doctorwhosecretsanta [at] gmail [dot] com :siren:
In the subject, please include the tag [TFSS] as I am running another Secret Santa and don’t want to confuse the two.

2) Post in this thread! Tell us what kinds of stuff you're into! Once Santas are assigned, we're all going to be trying to figure each other out, so some healthy conversation will help things go smoothly.

3) DEADLINE: The deadline for sign-ups is SATURDAY NOVEMBER 14TH! #SAVETHEDAY Assignments will go out shortly thereafter.

4) BUDGET: Somewhere in the $25-$30 (£15-20) range (before shipping). You're welcome to spend more, but that's no guarantee you'll get that much in return. Gag gifts are cool, but please include some kind of actual gift.

5) COLLEGE STUDENTS: Remember that these gifts will likely go out around the holiday break, so be mindful of which address you give me. If you have any concerns about packages being stolen from your doorstep, use the address of your work/friend/parents, just so long as it's cool with them.

4) INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: If you sign up for this, you are agreeing to the possibility of getting an international address. The USPS international price calculator can be found here.

5) SHIPPING DEADLINES:
• International - Tuesday December 15th (This is the UK to US last shipping date, so I'd imagine the same is true vice versa)
• Within the same country - Friday December 18th (ditto)

6) WHEN YOUR GIFT ARRIVES: Show us your loot! Take pictures! You can wait until Christmas morning if you want, but still, show us all the awesome goodies your Santa brought you.

7) LATE PACKAGES: If you haven't received your gift by January 1st, let me know so I can look into it. If you haven't SENT your gift by December 15th, let me know so I can contact your recipient.

8) DON'T BE A DEADBEAT: If you sign up, please get your person something. Nobody likes a deadbeat santa.

9) FINALLY: A Merry Christmas to all of you at home!

Thanks for setting all this up. I almost missed it but signed up today. :)

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Fooled once with Abominus, never again :colbert:

Sorry, should've looked into more before posting the photos.

I was just so drat excited for a new Abominus!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Someone fixed the aspect ratio of the picture by aligning Fort Max with the blueprints that showed up (at botcon I think?) when they weren't supposed to unveil Titans yet, and it fits. I'll try to find the pic.

e: here

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Nov 14, 2015

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Oh thanks for the reminder. Almost missed the cuttoff for secret santa signup.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It does not look dissimilar nor is a Fort Max a surprise whatsoever. We know one is coming.

But it is kinda weird that it is missing the huge tank tracks on the back of the blueprints.

Also someone wake up DT I want to know what XFL means on a slide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Revolver Bunker posted:

Thanks for setting all this up. I almost missed it but signed up today. :)

Thanks for reposting it again, I was about to :)