Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I'm happy the HVK got a buff, I really like that gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Inside Out Mom posted:

But lol at them nerfing haymaker. "what's this? A shotgun is effective at cqc? Destroy it!"

SMGs must be superior at all ranges

Hopefully it didn't get hurt too bad though, but I guess auto shotties are always a gimmick

At least the KRM got buffed, even minorly.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hello I have been told this game is not bad c/d?

It's still bad just less bad than the other recent CoDs

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Inside Out Mom posted:

But lol at them nerfing haymaker. "what's this? A shotgun is effective at cqc? Destroy it!"

The haymaker had absurd range for a fully automatic shotgun. You could 4-shot kill with a silenced haymaker from one end of the middle hardpoint on infected to the other. You didn't even have to ADS with it, you could just hipfire up to its maximum range if you put a laser sight on it. The combined mobility you had while using it relative to the extremely low degree of aim it took to hit people with it due to it being a spammy shotgun made it hilariously broken for modes that encourage people to get up close and personal with each other like Hardpoint and Uplink.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
the biggest issue I saw with the haymaker was the sixteen shell capacity

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Bloodmobile posted:

The haymaker had absurd range for a fully automatic shotgun. You could 4-shot kill with a silenced haymaker from one end of the middle hardpoint on infected to the other. You didn't even have to ADS with it, you could just hipfire up to its maximum range if you put a laser sight on it. The combined mobility you had while using it relative to the extremely low degree of aim it took to hit people with it due to it being a spammy shotgun made it hilariously broken for modes that encourage people to get up close and personal with each other like Hardpoint and Uplink.

4 shot kill is an eternity in this game. It was lovely at close range, okay (but very easy to use) at medium range, and unusable at long range. It was the only shotty that got close to the effectiveness of an SMG in medium range, though SMGs were still better at long-range and short-range.

People expect their CoD shotties to shoot about the distance you can spit I guess.

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
it's funny how these nerf/buff news dont come with detailed stat changes, so that everyone gets into a tizzy and abandons otherwise good guns for slightly better peices of crap

Still going to use the XR2. What of it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Xenaero posted:

SMGs must be superior at all ranges

And yet two of them were nerfed.

ARs must always win. The e-sports beast must be fed. :unsmigghh:

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops3/comments/3sozdm/weapon_edits_for_331820/
Nerfed:
Gorgon
XR-2
Pharo
VMP
Haymaker

Buffed:
Razorback
HVK-30
Dingo
KRM-262
Argus
Locus

Well that's just loving great! What the gently caress am I supposed to do now, victrix??? Game over, man, game over!
:derp:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

the biggest issue I saw with the haymaker was the sixteen shell capacity

Yeah, like, its stats aren't all that different* than the full auto shotgun in blops2, 4 shot kill at longer ranges and all. And it even had a gigantic magazine, like the Haymaker. But it was limited to the 4 shot burst! So it actually worked. This thing is just amazing as all hell, and it needed a nerf imo. I say that as one forcing myself to use other classes instead of maining the haymaker 24/7

*Someone is probably gonna bring up real numbers and prove its totally different but it feels similar, with the lack of burst making it into an ungodly murder machine. This is why the AA-12 in MW2 had what, a 6 or 8 round default mag?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Is there a good reason to pick the SVG over the Locus if you just wanna run around and blast holes in people?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Drav posted:

Well that's just loving great! What the gently caress am I supposed to do now, victrix??? Game over, man, game over!
:derp:

Keep using the gun you like because the changes were likely on the order of '50 ammo to 40' or 'falloff begins at 900 range instead of 1000' or 'ads time is now .21 instead of .2'

I need to make some 50 point comic sans youtube videos I guess

XR-2 NERFED NOW WORST GUN IN GAME

(it's possible the nerfs were more severe, but I doubt it, they seem to be using a gentle hand this time around)

Xenaero posted:

Is there a good reason to pick the SVG over the Locus if you just wanna run around and blast holes in people?

Locus adses faster, SVG kills at hips or higher, so in theory the Locus is better for run and gunning

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Can they buff the Mothership? I can barely hit anything with it against Bots in a local game, I can't imagine what its like online.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Is there a high BAC group going or? Ps4 lets shoot dudes

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Checked the VMP (no range difference I could see) and the Haymaker (still killed in 4 shots at max range)

Likely they tweaked some other aspects that aren't as easy to check - rof, ads, movement, spread, handling, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if the XR-2 lost its random reload/movement speed bonuses that it had for no reason and no other changes :v:

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Archimago posted:

I want to do at least one co-op campaign mission after work today because I'm a broken human being. I get home around 6-7 EST.

Join me, PC Goons.

i'm down whenever... are you part of any steam group for goons? or is it just the cod:mw2 one?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I'm finding I like Recon/Varix sights on a lot of guns, even SMGs. I must be getting blind in my old age. Like Recon/Kuda O_o

I usually don't like burning a point on sights, but the zoom scopes do help with the distance shots in this quite a bit (imagine that).

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Just throw the blackhats into the garbage.

tjones
May 13, 2005

Safe Driver posted:

Just throw the blackhats into the garbage.

Aim at whatever you are hacking.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

tjones posted:

Aim at whatever you are hacking.

Well duh, it's just stupid and slow even with laserbeam precision inside the middle sweetspot. The beta version spoiled me.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I don't know if any of you have accidentally stumbled into the Freerun mode, but the last level makes you do some pretty crazy stuff. Reminds me a lot of those time trials in Mirror's Edge

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Why do I keep buying these loving games, so far I've only enjoyed 4 and Black Ops 1, rest I've just hated completely.

Not even the campaign redeems it, I was looking forward to it since it was coop but its completely awful and a slog.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

dragon enthusiast posted:

I don't know if any of you have accidentally stumbled into the Freerun mode, but the last level makes you do some pretty crazy stuff. Reminds me a lot of those time trials in Mirror's Edge

I couldn't get past the glass panels at the end. In general the others are pretty easy, the only things that trip me up is the parts where you have to switch wallruns 4 times in quick succession, The angles are tight and I run out of boost. It aggravates me that you need to use boost to jump off a wallrun. I feel like I should be able to do that with my legs.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Alteisen posted:

Why do I keep buying these loving games, so far I've only enjoyed 4 and Black Ops 1, rest I've just hated completely.

Not even the campaign redeems it, I was looking forward to it since it was coop but its completely awful and a slog.

the multiplayer and campaign in this were both my favorites since MW2 :shrug:

for some reason I couldn't get into Advanced Warfare's campaign or multiplayer at all, even with Kevin Spacey and jetpacks and poo poo. That felt like a slog. This one really picks up after the first few missions.

I will say that I'm burnt the hell out on CoD's brand of left-trigger right-trigger, so if they don't carry forward with the abilities system and add more new poo poo like that, I'll probably skip next year's campaign. They need to find a way to introduce way more enemy variety, too, this felt pretty painful after I'd played so many hours of Destiny. Robots are a good start, but I wish they didn't fall back on "this is a dude but with an armor suit!!" and repeat the same two bosses over and over

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just started using the Gorgon for the first time :stare: Hahahahaha Jesus, this thing may be even more OP than the Haymaker.

tjones
May 13, 2005

AirRaid posted:

I couldn't get past the glass panels at the end. In general the others are pretty easy, the only things that trip me up is the parts where you have to switch wallruns 4 times in quick succession, The angles are tight and I run out of boost. It aggravates me that you need to use boost to jump off a wallrun. I feel like I should be able to do that with my legs.

Pay attention to the angle in which you approach each glass panel. If you come at it at too high of an angle you will break the glass. The more shallow the angle, the softer your touch to the surface.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Yeah I get that but then jumping away from the first one tends to put me at too steep an angle. Correcting uses boost and means I'm screwed when I want to jump off the next one.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Alteisen posted:

Yeah, I would buy this one for the multi. It stole all the new ideas from any fps game in the past three years and put them into blops, and that's working really well. The campaign is a misfire.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

You can shoot down Hellstorms :haw:

With a regular gun :haw:

All you have to do is aim up and spray shots at it, if you get it before it splits, it'll detonate in mid air.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

victrix posted:

All you have to do is aim up and spray shots at it, if you get it before it splits, it'll detonate in mid air.

Who had the audacity to attempt this?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I did because it worked in Black Ops 2 as well, it was even easier then since you could just throw an EMP grenade up at it and get rid of it easily.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

victrix posted:

Every Killstreak in this game is an absolute loving monster IF and ONLY if the other team doesnt deal with it immediately. You can shoot Wraiths out of the air as soon as they hit the field but if you wait a few extra seconds you have to take out that first defensive drone.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

I have a hard time using Hellstorm missiles so I just stopped using them. When I press the cluster bomb button, the mini missiles start going in random directions and occasionally might even hit someone but usually they don't.

Now whenever I'm forced to use that lovely streak after a prestige I just guide the main rocket into someone and don't bother with clustering it at all. A free kill, but there's better streaks around.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
I don't understand the haymaker love, I feel like it takes an eternity to kill someone at close range.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Anyone have youtube channel recommendations?

cougar cub fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 14, 2015

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
http://youtube.com/user/BobRossInc

hammeritme
Oct 28, 2002

I like the cut of your jib

cougar cub posted:

Subscribe to my channel for more sick videos!! Smash that like button and fave, it really helps my channel grow!!

Can we still post lovely montage clips in here? Because I have one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZq8cghoJZY

The sniper rifles in this game are pretty fun to use, and the 10 round mag on the Locus is actually pretty insane. Silenced sniper rifles have no downside either, in my experience.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Just started using the Gorgon for the first time :stare: Hahahahaha Jesus, this thing may be even more OP than the Haymaker.

Nah, its rof is too low to be OP imo.

I'm gonna stream http://www.twitch.tv/versussa

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

cougar cub posted:

John Oliver
and
Infowars :tinfoil:
Relevant to BLOPS 3 :haw:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

ALWAYS WITH THE TITANIUM WHITE BOB, PICK A NEW COLOUR

edit - I just yelled at dead Bob Ross... pretty sure that makes me a monster

cougar cub fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Nov 14, 2015