Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

Diggle has been using tranq bullets since the beginning of the season. There's been no muzzle flash or gunshot sound to any of his shots.

I'm honestly surprised more people haven't noticed this.

Earlier in the season Felicity demonstrated that the guns in the Arrow-cave fire live ammo. And as noted no-one said anything about Diggle using special rounds, especially as he always used regular ones before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Hey, I am glad the show is showing middle aged people can have sketchy bar hookups too. Gives me hope for when I get older.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BrianWilly posted:

Diggle has been using tranq bullets since the beginning of the season. There's been no muzzle flash or gunshot sound to any of his shots.

I'm honestly surprised more people haven't noticed this.

Well that's not entirely true though, so that's probably why nobody noticed it. Go watch the beginning of 4x01 and 4x03 again. Though in 4x02 it definitely looks and sounds different.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Henchmen aren't real people anyway.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I still find it hilarious that Diggle has no codename and everybody just yells his real name in the field. Like I guess now that he has his dumb Magneto helmet it's better, but still, I can suspend disbelief that a domino mask is an effective form of identity concealment, but I am finding it increasingly difficult to buy that the news hasn't run a story about the Arrow's sidekick, a black man named John who fires guns in public all the time.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's not a Magneto helmet. It's a Mr Terrific helmet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What, just because it's vaguely T shaped?

Racist.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The fact that Mr. Terrific Ersatz is actually on the show right now is probably contributing to that impression.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mr Terrific doesn't wear a helmet. He wears a sticky black face thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If anything Digg's helmet is the exact opposite of Mr. Terrific.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Rhyno posted:

Now that's racist!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Phrasing, and not in the sexy Archer sense.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Guys Diggle is totally Spartan now they said it the one time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SirDan3k posted:

Guys Diggle is totally Spartan now they said it the one time.

Last year people argued about Roy's codename because they said something other than Arsenal one time.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This show sounds really frustrating to watch.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Wait, so Diggle isn't the Manhattan Guardian now?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I finally slogged through the first season of Gotham and I am puzzled how it got renewed. It's just horrible.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

So I finally slogged through the first season of Gotham and I am puzzled how it got renewed. It's just horrible.

There's a lot of people who will watch anything Batman related. Season 2 embraces how dumb the show is and is better for it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

There's a lot of people who will watch anything Batman related. Season 2 embraces how dumb the show is and is better for it.

One of my friends is here hanging out and we're watching the season 2 episodes I DVRed. We got to the second episode and I was getting a drink and he yells "Rhyno get in here quick! Lesbians!"

So it has that going for it.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

It's still godawful. Everyone should be watching Crazy Ex-Girlfriend at that time instead. :colbert:

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Rhyno posted:

One of my friends is here hanging out and we're watching the season 2 episodes I DVRed. We got to the second episode and I was getting a drink and he yells "Rhyno get in here quick! Lesbians!"

So it has that going for it.

Do you not have lesbians on your home planet?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

redbackground posted:

It's still godawful. Everyone should be watching Crazy Ex-Girlfriend at that time instead. :colbert:

Who watches things restricted by when the networks show them these days?

But yea, the show is still not great, its more good bad than bad bad now though. Anything to do with Barbara is still terrible though. It's like "people love Harle Quinn, but we can't have her in the show because she'd be like 6, so lets make another hot crazy chick".

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

My thought was if you're watching Gotham in the first place, you've already been proven to make terrible life decisions.

and don't look at me, i've had a tivo since 2007

redbackground fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Nov 13, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Soylentbits posted:

Do you not have lesbians on your home planet?

On my home planet of Krypton, Lesbians are confined to their own remote island, just like all non white and straight peoples.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

twistedmentat posted:

I do, it leaves me with "nothing's on TV" evenings where I can get a jump on my procrastination pile.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

TwoPair posted:

I still find it hilarious that Diggle has no codename and everybody just yells his real name in the field.

This week he finally gets a codename bc "we have a guest this evening", and then as soon as Sara starts cracking that dude's neck, Laurel yells out "SARA!"

I mean, back in the 80's when my teenage friends and I used to pass notes in class, we had better codename security when it came to gossiping about people, in case the notes got intercepted. :cripes: Come ON, Team Arrow.

That quibble aside, Arrow's been knocking it out of the park for me, this season. Yeah, the "oh no the Lazarus Pit has turned me into a monster" thing is a bit of a re-tread, but at least in Sara's case it neatly wraps up why she's leaving this show for LoT. Same for bringing back Ray (yay :swoon:) but then explaining his absence from the show for the rest of the season (I assume; I avoid spoilers like the plague). Also, I'm a DC fangirl who somehow knows absolute poo poo about Darhk, but I find his Vader-esque "villian you can't help but enjoy" acting to be delicious. Guy really nails it, he's evil but charismatic as gently caress.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Sara is the secret identity of a someone who's officially been dead for 8 years, also Felicity is a lot smarter than Laural.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Skwirl posted:

Sara is the secret identity of a someone who's officially been dead for 8 years, also Felicity is a lot smarter than Laural.

Both points you make are valid and I agree, but c'mon, can't they come up with codenames while everyone's suiting/armor-ing up, as opposed to in the field? They should have their names before facing the enemy.

edit: I was putting words in your mouth, sorry bout that.

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Nov 14, 2015

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Is Dig supposed to be Spartan from Wildcats?

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
I just watched the last two episodes of Supergirl and I have to say, I am pretty shocked how much I am enjoying it...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lightning Lord posted:

Is he an artificial being with powers rivaling Superman?

No.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

twistedmentat posted:

But yea, the show is still not great, its more good bad than bad bad now though. Anything to do with Barbara is still terrible though. It's like "people love Harle Quinn, but we can't have her in the show because she'd be like 6, so lets make another hot crazy chick".

I'm not sure if I've ever hated a character so much before. Even though it's on Netflix now, I still haven't finished Season 1 because I look at the episode descriptions, see Barbara's a major player and watch something else. I liked everything else too, that's why I find it so frustrating that she's such a black hole of terrible.

Does anybody know if there's any plans for Agent Carter to show up on Netflix? I'm nearly finished with Season 2 of AoS and I'd like some more Marvel stuff.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

catlord posted:

I'm not sure if I've ever hated a character so much before. Even though it's on Netflix now, I still haven't finished Season 1 because I look at the episode descriptions, see Barbara's a major player and watch something else. I liked everything else too, that's why I find it so frustrating that she's such a black hole of terrible.

Does anybody know if there's any plans for Agent Carter to show up on Netflix? I'm nearly finished with Season 2 of AoS and I'd like some more Marvel stuff.

I'm kind of shocked it isn't already there. Maybe it is on Hulu instead, but I could have sworn Disney had a huge contract with Netflix (that helped with those Marvel shows being made.)

Also, enjoy the DC shows on Netflix while you can because they aren't going to be adding future seasons of those shows, or any new DC shows, for the foreseeable future.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

ToastyPotato posted:

I'm kind of shocked it isn't already there. Maybe it is on Hulu instead, but I could have sworn Disney had a huge contract with Netflix (that helped with those Marvel shows being made.)

Also, enjoy the DC shows on Netflix while you can because they aren't going to be adding future seasons of those shows, or any new DC shows, for the foreseeable future.

I liked Season 1 of Arrow, but I've only recently tried starting Season 2 and it didn't really grab me. But then again, the first episode of AoS Season 2 didn't either, so I should probably keep going, even if only to start up Flash.

And yeah, I'm a little confused about Disney/Marvel and Netflix. None of the MCU movies are on there any more, a bunch of the animated shows are gone, but there's a couple animated movies and they have, you know, Daredevil and all that exclusive, so what's the deal with that?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Netflix licensing is and forever will be an arcane mystery

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's a really good argument against the whole "the future is streaming" idea, because you'll have to subscribe to a dozen services to have access to everything you want, and even then things will be missing.

At least if you buy it you have it forever.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Feels like right now even subscribing to a dozen services would be cheaper than cable.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lightning Lord posted:

Feels like right now even subscribing to a dozen services would be cheaper than cable.

Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBOgo and a digital antenna will get you most of what you want.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lightning Lord posted:

Dig was created for the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBOgo and a digital antenna will get you most of what you want.

I just cut the cord. I'm on Hulu, Amazon and Netflix right now. Its like $22 a month combined compared to the ridiculous rates Comcast charges. I bet even if you had to subscribe to every channel's streaming service in the future in a worst case scenario, it would still be cheaper.

muscles like this? posted:

Dig was created for the show.

I know, that was what we in the industry call a joke. "Spartan" seems like a random name for his superhero persona. It would be cool if Arrow was suddenly Wildcats though, they can blast off to Khera.

Lightning Lord fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 15, 2015