Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Oh man did you SEE her? I didn’t even know an origin’s face could GET that red. That was just amazing. Alright, let’s see, I think we’ve got some tangents to go off on. This is all stuff to do with Nay and the restaurant.

...Why do I feel worried?
It's not something like, "A Day in Nay's Kitchen" is it?
Whoa, that sounds pretty fun! Hmm, better jot it down.
Heh, you can count on that being made at some point.
Anyway, take a look at this right here.
System Message: Obtained the recipe for [International Diplomatic Relations Anniversary]!
Um, a who-what-when now...?
Well, think about it... We settled our differences with the Sharl, right?
So, I thought it best we take advantage of our current affairs... Right?
I think you missed the window by quite a bit...
An anniversary campaign... Other shops have had theirs for a while now, and some are even over...
Of course. I know that...
But, I was a little busy back then, and didn't have enough time to come up with a cool recipe.
Huh... Does this mean you were actually fulfilling your role as Empress?
Honestly? I didn't really care. If only I could hire some part-timer to take over those responsibilities...
So, you don't want to hire help for the restaurant, but you DO want to hire someone to play Empress?
I think there's demand for it, though... "You are in charge of the Empire, for a day!"
That's pretty catchy. I think I'd apply if I saw that ad.
Don't be ridiculous...
Nay, stop taking notes!
Tch... But at the very least, I should think about having a body-double... Or puppet of some sort...

Hah so funny story that, once your aunts and I whipped up a song magic that looked just like them so we could sneak out some, um, reasons. Tell you when you’re older.

It's not just you. I feel that way, too.
Especially now.
Haha, what a coincidence...
Were you always people who could so calmly say such rude things?
I don't remember the past. Besides, the person who seized my shop has no right to say that.
I'm questioning if you always were the type of person to make weird things like this.
Looking back, I always thought of you as a reliable older sister type of person...
Well that makes me happy! You could call me sister if you want, you know!
After seeing you make something like this, I can't...
Why did you decide to put a bun on top of a foundation, anyway?
Hmm... Well, it's a long story...
But I just thought I'd make a bun as a symbol of friendship between Genom and humans.
A bun as a symbol of friendship...
Buns are really good, right? They have red and white buns for celebrations, for example.
They also have buns for funerals...

Man I’m terrible, okay, next story’s going to be totally appropriate.

She's just ignoring the inconvenient details...
Yeah... But I'm wondering exactly how that turned out as RNA.
I made this Genomuman Bun while thinking of health, so it's really good for you.
That's why I thought if I used it as a component for RNA, it could also have a good effect.
And I turned out to be right, as always! This will definitely be useful. I hope you're excited!
...Cass, what do you think?
I see now why when humans experience things beyond their understanding, they can't think of anything...

Um, right, totally appropriate. You can do it.

Hmm, from your response, it looks like you know what to do with this...
Besides the obvious... This thing is edible, right?
Exactly! This bra is crispy and edible. I call it the Dietary Fiber Bra!
By the way, I made it all texture and no flavor, so that you could taste the wearer instead.
I-I don't see any possible use for that! At the very least, I would never...
Wait, you aren't going to wear it?
What!?
Wow, you're into things like this, Delta!?
...R-really?
Yeah, I mean this thing would be useful for survival.
If you run out of food, you could use this as a last resort emergency ration!
Hmm... Delta, you really are a kid.
It's only natural for men to be excited by survival stuff!
Oh by the way, it would be great if there were panties too. Cass could eat the top, and I could eat the bottom.
Just wear it yourself... Idiot.

Yep no stories here, entirely unfamiliar with making undergarments out of food. Never done that. And certainly never suggested someone eat one off of me. In fact why would I even bring the concept up? It’s madness! Yeah.

T-this is... Kind of dangerous, isn't it?
Why are you asking such an obvious question? This is clearly dangerous.
There's nothing to worry about. It's not like I created this item to make fun of Kanon.
No, you're clearly making fun of her! And even if you weren't, she would definitely flip out if she saw it.
There's a cannon sticking out of Kanon's mouth... Is this supposed to be some sort of pun?
Ding ding ding, you're right on the money! Wouldn't anybody imagine this when they hear the name Kanon?
I never did before seeing this.
Same.
I'm pretty sure it's normal to think of this...
Regardless, this is bad. I imagine having a cannon sticking out of Kanon's mouth is bad for her image...
It's not like the cannon is operational.
If I wanted that, I'd make a normal cannon. Why would I go through the trouble of making a bust of Kanon?
Well, then, I'd like to know why you needed to have a cannon sticking out of Kanon's mouth.

A-Anyway, look at that, they made a cannon that looks like Kanon. Ugh that pun literally injures me.

Her lectures... Go!
Cannon de Kanon: "Be silent, insolent one!"
Ahahaha, yeah, it's working just fine. This is a huge success!
This is Cannon de Kanon. It's filled with Kanon's preachy speeches.
It'll probably be a one hit wonder, but I'm sure it'll sell!
...We seriously can't let Kanon see this. She might end up invading this place herself.
Yeah... Although, Nay really is the one at fault here...
I really want to send this to Kanon. I can totally picture her busting into the shop, her face bright red.
Don't do it, okay? Seriously, you wouldn't be able to undo something like that!

Nay and Delta were actually pretty good friends in spite of everything.

Don't mention it. It's not like you had a ton of customers or anything, right?
Whoa! That hurts! I'm doing better than you ever did, just for the record!
Yes, yes, yes... You've got some regulars, and you're earning steady income. I admit it.
Hehe, as long as we're clear. Because you're so understanding, here's an iced tea, on the house.
Well, in that case, we should-
...Wait for Cass to return from her duties. Am I right?
Yeah, you are...
Wh-What's the matter? Why are you staring?
No, I was just thinking to myself... Who would be able to guess?
When you're here, you don't even give off the slightest hint that you're an Empress...
Hahaha, you're putting me on a pedestal. I'm the same, just in a different dress and different act.
Figures...
But, you know... I think it looks like you're having so much more fun than when you're playing Empress.

Well maybe friends isn’t quite the right word, but it’s something like that.

Are you looking out for me?
Hm? Oh...
Hehe, maybe... Just a little bit.
You're so straightforward and honest with yourself, I thought you had no worries...
But, when you told me you were jealous of us... It got me thinking.
Oh, that... Heh. I really shouldn't have mentioned it.
I'm sure it was rather unsightly, for an omnipotent beauty like myself to show a darker side...
Haha, well, it was a little out of character, I'll admit...
But, I'm glad I know it now... How you really feel, deep down...
I'm serious about the secret, you know. If you tell just one soul, I'll drag you around town. Naked.
Just kill me!
Heh, and the way you try to deflect the conversation... You really don't want to talk about this, do you...
Well, look who's starting to pick up on clues. Color me surprised...
You know, I'm actually a little angry and sad at myself, for not noticing sooner.
Bahahaha! Really, don't worry about it.
But, you're...!
No more buts... You don't need to worry about it, okay?
Remember, I knew what I signed up for, when I chose to be Empress... The restrictions, the commitment...
So, watching you worry for me like that, there's really nothing I can do but shrug and laugh.
...Sorry.

Certainly it wasn’t the sort of thing where she wanted him to feel sorry for her.

You might be trying to lift my spirits or whatever, but I'm doing fine on my own, okay?
Ever since I took over this restaurant, I can't believe how much fun I'm having every day.
I can't recall ever having this much fun as Empress, you know...?
...Really?
The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but... Really. I'm having so much fun.
That's why, I don't want to see you feel guilty or bad for me, or anything!
I'm not the type that get all giddy because a younger boy worries for me. You know that.
...Yeah, you're you, after all.
Exactly... Classy, beautiful, cute, yet homey... Popular and happens to rock a nice body.
...Yeah, you just took that too far.
Aww, you don't have to hold back in front of me.
...But really, I'm surprised.
You. Little Turbo... And now, you think you have the right to worry about me.
Haha... Hahaha... Turbo, huh?
You might've forgotten already, but I've been looking after you since you were THIS big, you know?
Um, I'm pretty sure that's a lie.
Heh, so he figures it out... But, it's true I knew you from when people still called you Turbo.
...Suddenly, you feel like the neighborhood mother figure.

I’m pretty sure age-wise Delta’s a bit closer to correct.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... Keep telling yourself that.
Hey Delta, would you mind kneeling down for a second?
Hm? Why?
C'mon, just do it!
Uhh, Okay... Like this?
Hey, what are you trying to-...
HRRRRNG!
D'raaaaaaaaaah!
drat, you've become quite the man!
Big sis Nay's always real kind, you know? I'll even pat you on the head... Like THIS!

Especially when she does stuff like this.

That shows how happy I am. Why you little. Hehehe!
I-I'm gonna go bald! Argh, it burns...!
Hahahaha... Now, then...
That was so satisfying... Hehe, I don't know if I've ever seen your head like that. Rough...
Grrrr, if you keep this up, I'm definitely going bald...
Oh, stop exaggerating...
But really, I'm glad I know how you feel. It makes me happy.
I mean, I guess it's like the "truth" that you have to hide from the public, right?
I didn't think anyone would ever notice...
Nay...
Well, anyway. We need to enjoy ourselves right now! Don't regret how you spent your youth!
So, enough with the sob story! Cass is coming back soon, so get up. UP!

A bit later they came up with another recipe.

You've been staring at the menu for a while now. Don't tell me... You're hungry?
No, I was just thinking... How we've added so many items to the menu since we started this restaurant.
Well, I sure hope so, I've been making a ton of recipes.
Though, I'm not too sure about all this crap that's on the menu.
It keeps that playful atmosphere I'm so known for. Don't you agree?
What about the people who order it accidentally?
They should be glad that they even have a menu. Unlike when you ran the store.
I-It's not about quantity! I serve one dish! Per day...
Perhaps you should've considered a classier menu. One that children and adults could both enjoy.
My Chazen can be enjoyed by people of all ages!
Maybe if it were normal fried rice... But I would be hard pressed to call it that. Also, it lacked class.
Hmm, class, huh...?
Hey, we might actually be able to do that.
Huh? Really?
Yeah... The store I used to work at when I was still a dancer. They had lots of dishes like that.
Everyone from the dandies, to the geeks... There was no shortage of adults there.
Wait, are you suggesting we steal another restaurant's menu?
We're just using it for reference. And it was so long ago, I've forgotten how it looks and tastes...
Aaaanyway, I'm going to try and make a recipe from some of the dishes. Though, I can barely remember them...

What? Y-Yes, it’s perfectly normal for, um, a certain type of restaurant to have dancers.

I'm just writing down listing items I think might be used, based on the way it looked.
W-Wait a sec, you can't just come up with a recipe like that...
Alright! Done!
System Message: Obtained the recipe for [Classy Reform]!
Whoa, already!? Shouldn't you spend a little more time to think this over?
Spending time or not, stuff that tastes good, tastes good, and stuff that's fancy is fancy. Simple, right?
Coming from the person who spends all day coming up with something that sucks... You lack persuasion.
Yeah, even the name is trying too hard... Classy Reform. That sounds like more cause for concern.

Look work with me here, it’s already hard enough to have any stories at all that don’t veer off into things that make me look awful.

That's right. It's tequila, after all.
You've never had it before?
I know the name... Woah, that seriously does stink! Can you really drink this!?
Hmm... You're such kids. Delta, that isn't something you should be saying, you know?
Tequila is a man's drink.
A-a man's drink?
Heh... This brings me back... When I was a dancer, there was a dandy gentleman who always ordered tequila.
There was a seat in the corner of the shop, and he'd always sit there alone.
Woah... Just sitting in the corner of a shop sounds super cool!
So you're saying he was an old guy who always sat there staring at dancers?
Stop it, you're making him sound like a perverted old man!
S-so, you said that this man was always drinking tequila?
Yeah... And he would drink it in a super cool way.

Okay now this is legitimately something I can say isn’t for you because you’d mostly just throw up.

That sounds like it would be a nuisance to other people.
That moment, the club soda and tequila would mix and foam up, and he'd drink it down in one gulp!
Awesome! I've never heard of drinking like that!
It's shotgun style... Yeah, that's how a man needs to do it!
Anyway, I've also prepared a glass and some club soda... What do you want to do, kid?
Of course I'll drink it! A man needs to drink tequila!
W-wait Delta, stop it! Don't complain if you get drunk!
Oh, he'll be fine. This drink only has the smell and flavor of tequila. It doesn't have a single drop of alcohol.
...What?
It would be bad if there was alcohol, right? You can't go charging into battle totally wasted.
This is a new type of tequila that just gives you the feeling of drinking alcohol.
I call it Radical Tequila! You should give it a try too, Cass.
Thanks for the explanation. So, would you mind explaining THAT?
Urgh... I-I think drinking 3 glasses at once was a little, hic... A little too much...
He's just drunk off the coolness. And his own delusions.
...How UNcool.

Oh oh this is one about fish, I think I have a story about those that doesn’t involve crime OR something awkward to talk about with kids!

Yup. I carefully selected smaller, prettier ones to put in there.
So we've finally come to the point of turning a TxBIOS into a goldfish bowl...
Could you at least say an aquarium? It's rude to the tropical fish.
Aren't they just fish anyway?
It's true that they're all fish, but different types require different methods of care.
...So you're saying that it's normal to raise tropical fish in a TxBIOS.
No way, you need a proper aquarium, a heater to maintain temperature, and an air pump at least...
Wait, this TxBIOS doesn't have any of that! Nay, these tropical fish are going to die!
Yeah, yeah, just calm down.
I've already taken measures for that. Those fish will live very pleasant lives.
Ignoring the aquarium part, they'll be fine without a heater or air pump?
The TxBIOS already has both those functions. If it didn't, I wouldn't bother making it.
Why would you make something like this in the first place? This isn't normal.
Well... I know you two are having to fight every day, so I just wanted to help soothe you a little.
You know how just looking at tropical fish has a soothing effect, right?
...Is that true?
At the very least, it soothes me.
When I look at cute, pretty tropical fish swimming around, it makes me breathe a sigh of relief.
Huh, I didn't know.

Wait, wait, no. Sorry, I forgot about the part where Spica, um, did a thing that’s still within the statute of limitations. So no fish story.

It radiates light in reaction to Song Magic, so it should make the fish look even prettier than they are now.
Huh? Why's it lit up now, then?
I'm running power through it so you can see it. You won't see anything inside once I give it to you.
Oh... So I won't get to see these fish until I sing in battle...
...Huh?
What's wrong?
W-wait a second! If it only lights up in reaction to Song Magic, we can only see this in the middle of battle!
Yeah, it would be a nuisance to other guests if you started using Song Magic at an inn...
That's not what I mean. Is there any point to a soothing effect like this in the middle of a fight?
Combat is when you're the most worked up, right?
I was just thinking that being soothed when you're worked up would be the best...
...In exchange for being soothed, you'd end up with a major injury.
Besides, the fact that I have to sing to make it light up means I can't relax while looking at it...

Nay was also getting in on trying to help Delta’s memory problems while under the effects of Interdimend.

Huh, why do you say that? It's such a pretty gemstone...
This isn't an ordinary gemstone. It's supposed to bring back memories.
Does that mean it could bring back MY memories!?
That's what I thought, but looks like it's a failure. Here, try holding it.
O-okay... Like this?
So... Feel anything? Do you feel like your memories are welling up inside you or something?
No, I don't... I still can't remember anything.
I see... Hmm, maybe this isn't enough to draw out the effect of the gem...
B-but it's true that this gem has that effect, right?
Yeah, I guarantee that.
But I don't know how to make it work, so it doesn't have much point at the moment.
Well, you can have it, so maybe you can get some help from someone who knows more about it.
She's avoiding responsibility...
But this is still a step forward... I hope your memories come back soon.

He was still a bit upset that she’d taken his home and restaurant, by the way.

Roger that. Hmm, a lot of customers are still leaving food behind...
It's hard for me to like someone who doesn't finish their food.
Then, how about you try cooking something people WANT to finish?
I'm home...! Whew. Exhausted...
Great work, Cass... We actually had quite a few customers today.
Really...? I was approached by a lot of people walking by, as well.
Oh! To hit on you, I'm sure!?
Wha-!?
Wrong. They were asking about the restaurant...
Boring...
*Blush*
Delta... What's with the red cheeks, hmm? Hmm?
Th-They're not!
But, they asked you about the store, right? Were they curious which items were edible?
No, it's not that...
They're wondering why the previous owner is working with Nay in the store.
Oh, that?
A-Are you serious...? Did they really ask you that!?
Yeah, but what about it...?
...*Sniff*
Wha...? Why are you crying!?

I mean, he did live there and all.

Actually, you're pretty famous. The guy who serves some pretty weird food, they say.
You're joking...!?
It seems your reputation precedes you. No wonder you weren't getting any customers. Just like me.
drat... I can't even protest.
Well, I told them you two knew each other, and you were helping with the transition, but...
But... There's still more?
Yeah. When they were walking away, I heard them say...
"Delta's and Nay's cooking..." They're curious as to which was the lesser of both evils...
That's obvious...
Yeah, mine! And I have no problems making delicious food...
But clearly, it's outnumbered by dog food... I never made anything THAT bad.
I don't see how this is even a contest...
You don't even know how to spell "cooking". How would you stand a chance against me!?
Um, really don't think spelling has anything to do with it...
Ha. At the very least, no one's left behind any of my dishes. Because they tasted GOOD.

Anyway, they came up with a solution to the issue.

That's why you're always going to be third rate.
Excuse me...!?
Ugh... I really can't keep up with this discussion anymore!
B-But Nay called me third rate...
I know! Hey Cass, whose cooking do you think's better? Mine or Nay's?
Huh!?
Well, obviously mine... Look at the amount of traffic I'm getting.
Yeah, you've got customers who come for your personality, or your dog food... NOT for a decent meal.
Don't jump to conclusions! What do you think, Cass?
...Wh-Why would you possibly throw so much responsibility into one person's lap...?
Just tell us! Is it mine? OR Nay's? Easy question!
Yeah, who are you picking? Me or Delta?
W-Wait a second, that last sentence could actually cause a lot of confusion.
Then stop teasing us, and give us an answer!
I'm not teasing anyone. I'm troubled, can't you tell!?
...That's right! Why don't we have a showdown to determine the winner?
It'll be like those cooking shows, but between you two. We'll be able to see who's better, AND market the event!
That's actually a great idea. A competition AND marketing... Two birds with one stone.
We can have neutral parties judge the food. Say, Sarly or Kanon...
No! Not Kanon...!

A competition to determine who was, um, best. Better. Least awful.

...So, you have SOME idea of how bad your cooking is...
Anyway, I'm going to choose the judges, so you two focus on the competition.
That's what I was planning on. Nay, no holding back, alright?
I was just about to say the same to you. You've been away from the kitchen for too long. Can you even boil water?
Food is made with heart and soul! Being away from the kitchen has nothing to do with it!
YES IT DOES. And, if all that passion you're showing now translated to cooking, we wouldn't be here.
Hmph, well, if you think you can take me down, then so be it...
But, I'm going for the win, just so you know.
At least this one can talk...
I told you. I'm serious...
As proof, if I lose this competition, I'll give you the store back. No questions asked.
Wha-!?
Oooh, so we're upping the stakes. I think this is going to be an amazing event!
Right? It's hard to have a competition without putting something on the line!
Um, Nay... Do you really think that's a good idea!?
Ha! A man's word is a solid as stone!
Nay! You're not a man!
Whoops... I mean a woman's word... Is as solid as stone!
Now, how about we decide when the competition's going to happen?
Yeah... If we can't settle on a date, I won't know when to schedule the judges. When should we compete?

That’ll have to wait for next time, though. While it was funny, I’ll admit I maybe went a bit too far and am in the process of preparing a friendly gesture for a certain someone.

Next Time, Ar Nosurge: Nosurge Kitchen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Allez cuisine!

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Cass, I have two words for you.

Chalonde Trois.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Lunar Suite posted:

Cass, I have two words for you.

Chalonde Trois.

It's amazing how terrifying the Chalon de Trois is given you really just get a picture and some horrified discussion of it. Like I can almost envision (not really the right word I'll admit) how it would smell somehow.

Blah blah almost back home after my work in the frozen northlands, and I'll be at my recording setup for the rest of November and able to get updates together with more reliability.

Also I won't lie the end of the month will slow down again because I'll be playing Bloodborne again for a GIANT PIZZA CUTTER CHAINSAW POLEARM. If you can't see those words and recognize why this must be you have no soul.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Now I'm looking forward to an actual Rube Goldberg cathode.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Glazius posted:

Now I'm looking forward to an actual Rube Goldberg cathode.

I know we've still got some weird poo poo as well as a truly horrific pun ahead of us.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

FractalSandwich posted:

Allez cuisine!

I don't know, given the skill level of the "chefs" we're talking about, Iron Chef seems a bit high brow. This is more like early-seasons Chopped. Or maybe Guy's Grocery Games.

UncertainKitten
Oct 10, 2012
So...against my better judgement, I'd like to mention that I'm learning em-pyei-n vari-fen jang. I have no idea if anyone would be interested in listening to my mediocre singing, but I could potentially post something once I have it more down, particularly if anyone could make a passable off-vocal track (because those basically don't exist for these songs, unfortunately.)

UncertainKitten fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 6, 2015

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

UncertainKitten posted:

So...against my better judgement, I'd like to mention that I'm learning em-pyei-n vari-fen jang. I have no idea if anyone would be interested in listening to my mediocre singing, but I could potentially post something once I have it more down, particularly if anyone could make a passable off-vocal track (because those basically don't exist for these songs, unfortunately.)

No way could you humiliate yourself as badly as the time I recorded myself singing a Hymmnos, no human on earth is as poor a singer as I.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Update in the next couple days with more Nay, in the meantime here's some more trivia. I'll describe a costume we got from Diving, and you supply who it belongs to.

Whose Costume Is This?

The traditional dress of their hometown.

An idol.

A dressing gown.

A ninja.

A devil.

A bondage suit.

A witch.

A swimsuit and float.

A cheongsam.

A penguin suit.

A couple of these might apply to more than one costume of course.

UncertainKitten
Oct 10, 2012

Feinne posted:

The traditional dress of their hometown.

Skuwat, Aurica. I really better know this one, given I cosplayed that outfit

Feinne posted:

A swimsuit and float.

Southern Cross, Jakuri

Feinne posted:

A bondage suit.

Victim Pain, Cloche

I'm pretty sure I could get all of these, but I'll leave some for the others.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Feinne posted:

An idol.

A devil.

Both are Misha, iirc. She might also be the ninja one.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Feinne posted:

A witch.

Luca's.

Feinne posted:

A penguin suit.

Cloche's.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

Mokinokaro posted:

Both are Misha, iirc. She might also be the ninja one.

She's the ninja (Shinobi) and cheongsam (Guileless) for sure, but I think the devil would be Aurica (Lilim) or Cloche (Harmageddon).

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

In my head initially there were two for everyone but I did note there were a few that could be more than one person.

I've recorded and hope to update today or more likely tomorrow, blame the legacy of the void campaign. By the way John DeLancie is a protoss :3:.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Alright, I think I promised some kind of cooking battle last time. So let’s do this.

Cooking or not, I'm sure there're tons of people who came to watch blood be spilled!
I-I suppose I could relate with that...
Heh heh heh, I'm impressed you didn't run away, Delta.
...!? That voice!
I offer my compliments for not running away like a coward.
Nay... Today, I will get back what's mine!
Why would he run away from a cooking match? Besides... Why are you getting so into it?
I've been blessed with divine talent in the culinary arts... You don't honestly think you stand a chance...?
One's not blessed with talent. They make it with their heart and soul!
I will never forgive what you try to pass as "cooking"!
Hmph! What a green little boy... To think heart and soul make a difference in the final product. SILENCE!
...Oh, suit yourselves.
Very well, Delta... This battle will be a quick one!
If you have the courage, follow me into the kitchen!
drat right I do-!

And right from the start they got a bit melodramatic.

Ohh? What's the matter, Delta?
Looks to me like someone's legs are trembling... D'aww...
H-How can this be...!? This is impossible? Does this mean... I'm actually afraid... Of HER!?
HAHAHAHA! Looks to me like you won't even make it to the kitchen!
Does that make me winner by default? Hehehe.
Grrr... Dammit!
...?
Hey, Cass. Your line!
What?
Quick! Read your line. Drama's all about the moment. We have to please the customers!
Wh-Whaaaaa!? U-Umm...
...I-I believe in you, Delta!
Hm!? Cass!?
Uhh... Your cooking is... Is... Umm, probably better than...
What am I saying. It IS better than hers! I'm sure of it!
Cass...
Thanks...

And that was the best line you could come up with? Probably better followed by faint reconsideration?

It's been a while since I set foot into a kitchen, so I was a little intimidated. But that's gone now!
Hah! Pathetic... I'll crush that sliver of hope you think you have.
Heh heh, you'll regret it when I make you swallow those words.
Hehehe...
So, we'll be in the kitchen. I suggest you all talk amongst yourselves in the meantime...
If only her cooking were as good as her acting...

I mean I guess when you’re both setting out to humiliate yourselves you might as well make it a show.

I noticed when you said your first word. But, with that many patrons, it would be a crime to NOT put on a show!
Precisely! And, keeping everyone full of energy is going to do wonders for making this store look legit!
We should probably focus our efforts on cooking to make sure that performance wasn't for nothing.
That's my line... Wait, are you really competing with Chazen?
It's my modified Chazen, thank you very much. It's more than just salt and rice... Heh heh heh.
So, what are you making?
The dish that was on the best seller's list since I opened these doors.
Your improved Chazen won't help you in front of this beauty.
I-I see... Well, I suppose that's good to hear. I'm relieved.
Don't be relieved! We're in the middle of a competition! We're supposed to be fighting for our lives!
Heh, yeah, well...
...Are you really gonna give me back the restaurant if I win?
Stop making me repeat myself. If that does happen, I'll pack my things up by tonight!
Right...

Anyway Delta had a major concern about all this, though it wasn’t necessarily what you’re thinking.

Too obvious. I get to keep your restaurant for the time being. Duh?
That's all you want...?
It's more than enough... For me.
Gah, less chit-chat, more cooking! People out there don't have all day, you know!?

The judges ended up being Sarly and Shirotaka.

Oh, I could hardly wait for your hand-cooked meal, Nay!
Wha...? The judges are, Shirotaka and Sarly?
I wanted to make it Sarly and Kanon, but there was strong protest against letting Kanon judge.
And the only substitute I could find was Shirotaka...
Hey, wait a sec. This is a handicap for me! This guy would say anything to get closer to Nay!
Oh, you needn't worry about that, little boy.
Of course, if she had cooked this meal for me, privately, I might do as you say. But right now, I'm a judge.
Which is why I won't play favorites. The dishes will be judged fair and square.
O-Okay... I guess that's good enough.
Sarly, I've got some real good food coming up. You just hang tight.
...I was skimming the menu while waiting, and have suddenly been overcome by an urge to run away.
Cass... I will haunt you.
Don't worry, you won't die.
Now, to start off...
I'm up first! Witness my power!
...Huh?

Delta, of course, didn’t even cook anything. I mean Luca can cook rice. In fact when they get here make sure you don’t eat anything more complicated than that if she was involved in making it in any way.

Heh heh heh... It's Cook de Delta's improved fried rice... Chazen Mk.II!
Th-This is fried rice...? But, it's not even fried!
Delta!? Why did you go and cook that!? Don't you have ANYTHING else you know how to make?
I'm putting my best foot forward! And besides, this is the Mk.II. Completely different from before.
Older Man: Last time I ordered that dish, I recall it was only salt sprinkled on top of it...
Woman: In other words... He added pepper to the recipe!?
Man: Whoa, this actually looks a little...
...bad, if you ask me.
Hehe, seems like the customers don't know what to make of it.
W-Well, it's all about taste, right!? Now, why don't you give it a try?
...Well, then...
Don't mind if I do... *Nom*
Hmm...
...W-Well? Is it good!?
What's with those troubled faces!?

Yes if she asks you are allowed to tell her I’ve specifically disallowed you eating her cooking. Mention the ‘Chalons des Trois’. No, I won’t tell you what that is. You don’t want to know.

I feel the same way!
But... If you ask me "Does it taste good?" I would be hard-pressed to answer...
If it's in front of me, I'll probably eat it, but it's not a flavor I would seek out from among others.
Yes, I couldn't have said it better myself!
C-Cass... Are they complementing me?
OBVIOUSLY NOT! I saw this outcome from a mile away...
Aww, poor Delta. Looks like you messed this one up big time.
How about a bite of my dish, to cleanse your palette.
Whoa! This pot, it's...!
Ah, what a nostalgic scent... Sukiyaki...

Nay meanwhile unleashed something that actually involved cooking. This was not necessarily a good thing.

This is the best selling item in the restaurant since Nay au Francais has opened.
And it's name... Is Kiraiyaki!
Woman: I knew it... The Kiraiyaki...
Man: It smells so good... Maybe I'll give it a try next time I come here.
Older Man: I would not recommend it... I've tried it before, and the taste is... Well, um...
Woman: This dish is certainly very "her". I was fooled by the scent, too, and made a horrible mistake.
U-Umm... The people talking around us make it seem horrendous... Are you sure this is a good idea?
It's not the presentation that matters, but the flavor, right? Now, eat up while it's still warm.
...Th-Thanks.
*Blow blow* Om...
W-What do you think? Pretty good, huh?
Th-This is-!?
Is...?

I’m not sure what they expected from Kanon that would be more judgmental than what they got. Maybe they thought she’d smack them in the mouths for this? I know I’d do that thing.

True. It might sound hard to believe, but I'm not as disturbed as I thought I'd be.
Perhaps this dish is a testament to the powers of Sukiyaki flavored sauce...
You're an artist with words.
Ack, isn't there something else you can serve? I mean... It's really hard to even pass judgment on these two!
Of course not! Who do you think cooked these for you!?
Delta of the now closed Cook de Delta, and Nay, from the infamous Nay au Francais.
Hey, why are you raising your voice for JUST that part!?
Dammit... My cooking is not horrible or anything...
That said, I find it difficult to call what you've presented "cooking", Delta.
Yeah, you just topped some steamed rice with salt and pepper. That's more like... Seasoning.
Wha-...!? Hmm, you guys might have a point...

Anyway, they found themselves sort of at an impasse.

Yes, yes, tell me more!
But, you've been saved by Sukiyaki sauce, which made this abomination barely edible.
Gah!?
...So, whose tastes better, then?
Hmm... This is a tough problem, indeed.
For flavor, hard to believe, but you're ahead, Delta. But with actually cooking, Nay comes out on top.
Nevertheless, a victor must be chosen... How shall we go about this?
Older Man: ...Whoa, what's gonna happen with this!?
Woman: I think it will be written off as a technical draw. How could they possibly...
Older Woman: ...judge something like this? It cannot be done!
Hey, let me have a bite of that Kiraiyaki.
Huh? Uhh, sure, but... Why would you want to try her dish?
I wanna see it with my own taste buds. To see if it's better than my Chazen.
Well then... *Nom*
...I think you can draw a conclusion without even trying it...
Hey, you're not allowed to say "It sucks!" or anything. You're clearly biased.
...!?

But Delta ended up solving it.

The Sukiyaki flavoring has been diluted ever-so-slightly, making it mild and easy to eat.
You noticed?
Like your Chazen, I've made a few improvements of my own for the competition.
D-Diluting it... Is an improvement?
Making it taste better is an improvement.
Really? I honestly can't tell the difference...
No, it's true what Nay says.
This match... I've lost completely.
...Huh?
What!?

By giving up, as it happened.

So, this is my loss. I apologize, Sarly, Shirotaka, for dragging you all the way out here.
...Wh-What happens now?
What do you mean, what happens? Delta threw in the towel. I'd chalk it up as his loss.
Also, strictly speaking from a culinary arts perspective, Delta's Chazen falls short.
Hmm... But just for taste, I thought Delta's Chazen was better...
Although, if you left it up to the two of us, we would've never decided on an outcome. Perhaps this is for the best.
Oh, yes... I agree.
And so, the contestant withdraws from the competition, making Nay the champion!
Man: Congratulations, Nay!
Older Man: It's a miracle... That Nay would ever win a cooking competition. I'm truly surprised!
...Hehe.
Mwahahahaha! Didn't I tell you before? My cooking is second to none!
Yeah, I cannot deny you this victory.
Woman: You put up a good fight, Delta... Your Chazen looked pretty good, too, you know?
Heh heh. Thanks!

Which then led to something Nay hadn’t really expected.

...Yeah, I do.
Of course, it can't compete with something you'd order at a normal restaurant. But it's better than mine.
I see... Well, that's unfortunate.
I don't really think so. It was a satisfying loss.
Which reminds me, I need to give this to you.
Nay, a promise is a promise...
Here it comes! I get to run this shop for another while-!

Namely, that he gave her the restaurant completely.

What!?
Please give our talented artist another round of applause!
Delta... What does this mean?
C'mon, you should say something. They were all cheering you on this whole time.
Alright, then! It's time to celebrate! All items are now FREE for a limited time!
Keep the orders coming!
Don't push and shove!
Hahaha, I guess they do accept your cooking, after all.
Delta! You never told me you wagered the deed to the restaurant!
Did I really have to?
If I get my restaurant back by winning... The outcome for when I lose should be obvious.
W-Well, that might be, but...
But, without the restaurant, what are you going to call home?
Heh, let's not sweat the details yet. We'll manage.

He then excused himself.

Are you sure about that? I was going to serve up some even more delicious dishes.
Don't crush my confidence more than you already have.
Heh, looks who's talking...
Come back to the store before we close. If you don't show up, I really won't forgive you, then.
The kitchen's still cranking! If you want a free dish, find an open seat!
...What did Nay say?
...No, it's nothing. Let's get out of here.

Delta then got away from Cass to see what Nay had wanted.

What? This late? Where are you going?
Eh, just a little walk...
Then, I'll come with-
Sorry, but I feel like being alone tonight. I've got a lot on my mind.
...I see.
Okay, I understand. Just don't stay out too late, okay?
Yeah, you got it!

Though he shouldn’t have been surprised at what she wanted to talk about.

Man, that cooking showdown was so much fun. We should do another event like that sometime...
Don't mess with me...
Huh?
Are you patronizing me?
Who said anything about handing over the deed!? All I said was to let me do what I want until you get back.
W-Well, yeah, I vaguely remember you saying that...
Then, what the hell is this supposed to mean? In front of everyone, too!?
I knew you'd have to accept it in front of all those people...
But, everyone was having so much fun. I didn't want to spoil the mood.
Thank you for pointing that out... I hesitated, but realized there was no way I'd refuse in front of everyone.
But, now that I've accepted it in front of that crowd, it's going to be really hard for me to give it back.
Did you think that far ahead?
...Of course.
And if you did, why did you still decide to give this to me?
Everyone attending the contest might only think "She owns the store now" but remember, this is YOUR house, too.
Now, it's like I took away your home, too!
That's not necessarily true.

Because of course she’d never asked for the restaurant.

...What?
When I was in charge... It was almost a given that customers wouldn't show up all day.
When Cass was helping out on weekends, some would come to see her. But honestly, I knew it wouldn't last.
If that's the case, I might as well leave it to you, the person who already has customers coming in.
And you've felt this way for a while?
Ever since I saw customers showing up in the restaurant.
I... See...
In other words, you had no intention of winning that cook-off. Right?
You were just looking for an excuse to give ownership to me...
That's why you had to eat my dish and declare your loss in front of everyone.
Heh heh heh... Ahahahaha!
I get it now... Wow, the whole competition was just a front.
And here I was... Putting MY heart and soul into a dish...
...You're mad right now... Right?

And then she realized he’d lost on purpose. Though really, he probably would have lost anyway.

I wouldn't show it outwardly to others, but you know how much this store means to me, right?
That's why I...
I practiced every night. Over and over... Just for this competition.
I never thought I would be insulted by you. Not like this...
I wasn't trying to insult you-
Really!? You're still trying to make excuses? Do you have any idea what you've done?
I'm telling the truth...
I mean, honestly... I didn't think you cared so much about the restaurant that you'd get mad...
It shows me how much it means to you. And... It means a lot to me, too.
She was the only place I could call home, after being chased out of PLASMA. I had nowhere else to go.
That's all the more reason you can't just hand it over to me!
Heh, you'd think so...
You're probably thinking I'm a self-entitled punk right now, but...

Despite being a dip he was a pretty okay guy, honestly.

...Me? Sad? What are you smoking?
You probably didn't notice... But when you were telling me about being an Empress, and how you wanted freedom...
Your expression... It was genuine sadness.
!!?
I guess you didn't notice after all.
Y-You must be seeing things. That never happened...!
No, it did, and I'm not a little boy anymore. I notice these things.
You shouldn't underestimate me, either.
Frankly, it was a wake-up call. When I saw you looking sad...
That's not the Nay I know. She'd never put on an expression like that.
She's always smiling, saying crazy things, making the mood around her so bright. That's who you are...
Delta...?

He really was trying to help Nay out.

Then, there'd be no more reason for you to look down. You'd do a great job turning this into a fine restaurant.
So, I thought... Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to hand this place over.
I don't even know what to say... How can I get angry at you now?
Then, I was right... I wasn't just seeing things.
Yes, you're right... It's almost scary how much you know.
Heh heh... I told you not to underestimate me.
You could say that again...
Yeah, this is about the only place I feel like I can be myself.
No suppressing my feelings... I can be who I want to be, with whomever I want.
Unlike PLASMA HQ, I'm truly free here.
...To be honest, part of me didn't want to give it up...
You say that now, but I know you would have, when the time came.
Obviously. This is your home, too, you know?
I didn't want to do anything that would make you sad, either...
When you finished your mission, you'd come home, and I would give the restaurant back and return to HQ...
...That was the plan, but here you come saying I can have the place... I still can't believe this is happening.
...Does this mean you're happy?

And in turn, she was also trying to help him out.

Because, without this restaurant, you won't have anywhere to call home. Or work, for that matter.
Yeah, but I'm sure I'll manage.
I'll just rent a room nearby. All we really need is shelter over our heads.
Besides, the restaurant wasn't making any money back when I was in charge.
I think I'd do better rolling a food cart around, moving from corner to corner.
...Actually, that's not a bad idea. I should invest in one!
I've never seen anyone so excited to push a food cart around...
Heh heh, I guess that's just my style.
Besides, Nay... To me, you're not the Empress, and you're not just some host... You're an older sister.
Which is why I wanted to show you my cool side.
I don't want to be treated like a kid anymore.
...I see.
Could you listen to one selfish request of mine...?
And don't worry about me. I'm going to be fine.
Please?

In the end he had to make her promise to stop worrying about him.

You talk about not wanting to be treated like a child, and the next second, you make a "selfish request".
R-Really? Heh, I'm not really used to this, so cut me some slack here.
Hehe...
Are you sure you want to do this?
I know you'll take good care of it, which makes me feel better.
Yeah, I promise to take even better care of it than you did.
With this, I can continue to be hostess to everyone...
And the people of Felion will not forget my name, Nay the Gale!
Not as the Empress, but as my true self... I can enjoy my moment of freedom.
Thank you, Delta... I'll take really good care of this place.
Yeah, that would mean a lot to me.

Oh and that’s about when Cass walked in behind Delta.

Hm? What's the matter?
No, it's just... I'm surprised.
I've been given a lot of gifts from a lot of guys over the years...
Rings, gems, some very expensive.
But, your present is better than any of those.
Hehe, now you're making me blush...
To think you could give a woman such a wonderful present, and keep a smug smile on your face...
Heh, you really have become one helluva man.
Stop flattering me. It doesn't suit you...
I mean it. What a moving gesture...
You honor me in such a nice way.

And she wasn’t that excited about what she walked into.

I never dreamed the day would come when you'd say something like that to me.
Okay... In celebration of you finally becoming a real man, I will reward you. Kneel down.
Really...? That again? I guess I'm still a little kid to you, huh?
?
Go easy on me.
I know, I know... Close your eyes.
Okay. Anything else?
No, perfect...

I should say she REALLY wasn’t excited in fact.

Huh!?
Hehe...
W-W-Wha-!? What the hell was that for, Nay!?
You should feel honored! I've never done this to a man before, you know?
Wha-!? H-Huuuuuuh!?
No, this is all wrong... You should do this kinda thing with someone you love, right...?
Aww, look who's concerned about being pure. Don't tell me that's your first time being kissed...?
Guah!
Ahahahahahaha! Well then, I guess I owe Cass an apology later.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
Hm? Did you hear something?
Must be the wind. Now, how about we celebrate your first kiss with a second one?
Again!? Wait, no-! Gimme a break...!
Whoa, your face looks like a tomato.
W-Why you...!
Do you mean to tell me, you're actually getting excited?

Honestly he was pretty lucky though because I’d murder a guy over this.

Hehe, I suppose I could get used to this...
That little-!
Ah, and now a present for someone so honest...
Gaaaaah! Okay, I admit I kinda like it, but you should really save this for someone you like...
Then, I don't see the problem.
Because I think I might like you.
...A-Are you serious?
Hehehe, let's find out. For now, how about we-
K'uh!
I thought you were acting a little strange, so here I come following you...
Huh?

I mean freaking out is fun and all but not as fun as explosions.

Who would've guessed... It was a secret rendezvous in the dead of night.
W-Wait a second, you've got it all wrong!
Well, I hope the two of you are happy with each other!
Cass, wait! I can explain-!
Bahahahahaha!
I knew Cass was watching, so I thought it'd be a little fun to mess with you two... Didn't expect this, though.
H-Hey! Help me fix this. It's out of control!
Oh, you know you like it.
!!
Hehe, you can say you like it, you know.
Stop messing with me!
Yes, yes... You don't have to get too angry. You should chase after Cass before she gets too far...
Quick, after her!
Stop ordering me arou...
Isn't that what I do?
...Point taken.
Alright, Nay... I'll be back!
Yeah, give her my regards!

It was a strong effort towards screwing with someone, though, so I must approve.

Doesn't want to see me look sad... Hm?
Heh heh, when did he become such a responsible man...
Oh, I gotta stop this! The only time I should be sad is when I'm on the throne!
Time to switch gears with a little culinary experiment!

Anyway let’s finish this up next time.

Next Time, Ar Nosurge: Allez Cuisine

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
You know what would have been cool? A section where you play as Delta/Ion, Or Earthes/Cass. Some Ion/Delta, Cass/Earthes, and Cass/Ion Genometrics would have been interesting, too.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
On Legacy of the Void: John DeLancie's character is the best.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Tarezax posted:

On Legacy of the Void: John DeLancie's character is the best.

I'm really hoping we get a Tal'darim substory with him as one of the promised mini-campaigns because yeah he's just the best.

Junpei posted:

You know what would have been cool? A section where you play as Delta/Ion, Or Earthes/Cass. Some Ion/Delta, Cass/Earthes, and Cass/Ion Genometrics would have been interesting, too.

I kept assuming there would be either a third set of characters or something where there'd be an extra heroine and it never happened. I was kind of disappointed tbqh because historically the later-game heroines are pretty cool characters and many of the options for this game are in fact more interesting than our actual heroines.

EDIT: Oh yeah, update maybe tomorrow, maybe Sunday. Depends on time and how I'm feeling. Then we'll have 2-3 updates for Sarly's stuff, including making Tattoria's and Kanon's part of the recipe Ayatane gave us.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 14, 2015

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

There's the problem that Interdimend severly restricts availability for Vanguard/Singer pairs. You can't have standard jRPG control on the PCs (i.e. the player is not actually doing anything in-universe) if the (potentially) absolute control from Interdimend is an explicit story element.
Puppeting one actual human on the other side is already creepy enough, more than that and you're deep into "skull uniforms/are we the baddies" territory. A party member swap would have been feasible, though.

Having said that I'd have really liked a Renall/Nay or a Nay/Kanon party. Maybe Shirotaka/Sarly.

Really minor inconsistency that I've noticed: Delta is always channel 1 and Earthes channel 2. However, currently Delta is connected through Earthes' old Ar no Surge tube, so he should now be on channel 2 while the unlinked channel 1 now attaches to new Earthes.
It's so loving minor it doesn't really matter, and if the writers ever noticed the programmers must have told them that fixing that nitpick wasn't worth it. They probably hard-coded that part early in development.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
Uh-oh, Cass...seems like you aren't safe just because that silver-haired vixen was an apocalypse too early. And this one isn't coming out of left field.

UncertainKitten
Oct 10, 2012
I admit, I kind of found the cooking contest both hilarious and a bit touching in a way.

So, uh, as for em-pyei-n vari-fen jang, it's actually coming along pretty well as I practice it, but I kind of hate how I handle the chorus. It hits weird parts of my range, so I'm not sure I can make it sound all that good which would...really be a shame because that's like the best most emotional part of the song. I'll still be working on it though, and I'll put out another request for a passable off vocal using audio wizardry if anyone wants.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Apologies, I've been unexpectedly sidetracked and haven't had a chance to update when I was originally going to. Should still have something in the next couple days.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Here's some trivia while I work through my post-apocalyptic raider based problems:

Here are some Wills of Ar Ciel. What do they represent?

Saki

Filament

Sarapatra

Horus

Soma

Yurisica

Suzunomiya

BONUS QUESTION

Which one of the above was the villain of the song from Ar_Ciel=Ar_Dor "Afezeria Harvestasya"?

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Feinne posted:

Here's some trivia while I work through my post-apocalyptic raider based problems:

Here are some Wills of Ar Ciel. What do they represent?

Saki - Stupid Spice The Will Of Creation

Filament - Catgirl Spice

Sarapatra - Tits Spice Will Of Love, sadly deficient in love-powered beam weaponry

Horus - Plot Device Spice

Soma - Lolita Mascot Spice The Will of Death (or 'Natural Selection', or Maintenance

Yurisica - Hello Nurse Spice

Suzunomiya - Posh Spice The Will to Sing

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Oh my god I can't stop laughing holy poo poo you've made my day.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Feinne posted:

Which one of the above was the villain of the song from Ar_Ciel=Ar_Dor "Afezeria Harvestasya"?

Didn't she try to replicate the events in one of Stupid Spice's dives? I think it was Sarapatra.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Omobono posted:

Didn't she try to replicate the events in one of Stupid Spice's dives? I think it was Sarapatra.

That is the case, yes.

Just talking about it makes me wish the Ar Tonelico character action game I've always wanted was a real thing.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Alright, let’s wrap this restaurant thing up today. When we last left, Nay had just kissed Delta entirely to make Cass jealous. I actually don’t have any records of what he had to do to make up to her.

I guess that cooking showdown was some good PR.
Don't worry about helping out... For some reason everyone's ordering the Kiraiyaki, which makes my job easy.
Seems people took an interest because you said it was better than yours.
...Those people over there look like they're about to cry. Are you sure this is okay...?
You can leave them alone... As long as no one's throwing up.
But more importantly, I'm glad it looks like the two of you made up. Right?
Hm? Oh, yeah... It took a while to undo the misunderstanding, though.
You knew it was just Nay messing around with us... Didn't you?
O-Of course I knew that.
Besides, it's none of my business what two consenting adults do with each other.
...And yet, I was beaten to a pulp...
How many times?
Who knows... At first I was trying to get her to listen to me, and her response was a slap in the face.
B-But I held back, didn't I?

He survived, and that constitutes holding back in the situation.

Why you-!
Hahaha. Well, I'm just glad the two of you are getting along again. Really, I think it's for the best.
Coming from the person who caused the argument in the first place...? Hah.
And on top of that, the store's mine now, so that's twice the reason to celebrate!
...Or so I'd like to think, but frankly, when all of this is over, what are you going to do, Delta?
You mentioned renting a room nearby, but... I doubt you'll find something nice so quickly...
Hmm... Well, then maybe I'll just crash at Cass's place until I find one.
Um, did you even think to ask me if I was okay with it?
At any rate, the battle's still happening... I'll figure something out.
Yeah, that sounds like a plan...
Oh, that's right! I have a present for you, Delta.
Huh? For me?
It might've been the result of our match, but it would be rather rude to take the shop and not thank you.
I pulled an all-nighter to make this special recipe for you!

Anyway Nay did try to make it up to them.

Oh, a recipe...
What? Not satisfied?
No, it's not exactly that... I mean, you know, you're the Empress after all, right?
So, I had my hopes up for something a little more... Valuable.
Oh, forget it. The restaurants' revenues and national treasury are both short on reserves.
But, instead I've packed a ton of feelings into this recipe for you. That counts, right?
Does that mean none of your recipes until now actually had your feelings in it?
I just mean I've put even more than I normally do.
...I don't know how to respond to that.
Haha, well, that's a very Nay thing to say, so it's okay.
I can't wait to see what it makes. Thanks, Nay.
Yes. You've got the honesty thing going for you. If you want me to whip it up, swing by anytime.
I'll give you the most amazing Nay-smile you've ever seen. It'll be the perfect way to blow off steam!
...I think I'll pass on the cooking, though.
Yeah... That would be the opposite of blowing off steam...

When they next arrived, she was acting quite peculiar.

...Huh?
Monsieur, is something the matter?
*Cough cough*
Your expression suggests extreme shock. Surely there must be something I can do to assist you...?
...Hey, Cass... What's going on here?
Maybe she ate something bad?
Wha-!? How dare you, mademoiselle. I have eaten no such thing!
Here at the grand re-opening of Nay au Fran?ais, we strive to offer clients the top class dining experience.
Yeah, that's great and all... But you don't sound like yourself. It's actually a little creepy...
How could you-!? After I've tried so hard to make this a chic and luxurious interior!
None of that matters if the menu isn't there to back it up!
Well, you can enjoy the ambiance of a classy restaurant. Do you know how long it took for me to think of it?
You're satisfying a need that doesn't exist. Look, the restaurant's empty.
Yes... It's true... Everyone's so mean to me.
They told me... "We love the kick-back atmosphere and barely edible dishes you carry out yourself!"
"We're not coming back until the event's over."
Then, they'd storm out the door...
...Well, I think that's a normal reaction.
Honestly, I don't think the people come here for a moody ambiance.
Not to mention, I think you're doing it wrong if you start with the surroundings and not with the food.

Some promotions were never meant to be.

And... And I worked so hard to create these recipes, too...
System Message: Obtained the recipe for [The Ultimate Restaurant]!
What the-!? It's got full courses and everything...
A full course of dog food? One of them is enough to make a person sick... A full course could kill someone!
This dish is different from the rest.
I picked up a cookbook at the used bookstore, and even put my own twist on the dishes...
...Maybe you could've done without the twist.
And, if you're using books from a used bookstore for information... I think that's your problem.

And of course the food agrees with that assessment.

Yeah. I didn't know Nay could make dishes like this.
Heh heh, cooking like this is a piece of cake to me.
So what was with the countless number of weird food up until now?
Not being perfect is just one of my many charms.
Just keep believing that.
But it seems like something's wrong with this, too. Just take a look at these chopsticks.
Haha, you're right. They're so long, they look really hard to use.
Nope, that's intended. This dish is meant for couples, after all.
You're limiting your customer base again...
That makes it pretty bad for people who want to eat it alone.
I'll just make a note on the menu that this item is limited to couples, no singles allowed.
That's even worse. It looks so good, yet only couples can eat it? That's a complete waste.
Oh, is there something you like in here?
I just thought those meatballs looked really tasty.
Okay then, I'll feed it to you.
What!?
Is something wrong?
I-It's just that... I never expected you of all people to say you'd feed him so easily...

Ugh, we got a thing like this once and it was extremely awkward. U-Um, until later, no, wait, scratch that didn’t say anything.

Hey, could you hurry it up? I want to try it before it gets cold.
Yeah, yeah... U-um, well then...
S-say aah...
O-okay... Aah.
...H-how is it? Is it good?
...Yeah, it's delicious.
I-I see... Hehe, I'm glad.
Gaah!! Stop, stooop!!
Eek!! W-what's with your screaming all of a sudden!?
That's obvious! No flirting inside my shop! None!
B-but you're the one who said this is for couples to feed each other!
Still, that's no reason to do it like that! Instead of "aah" you can just say "here" or something!
Ugh, stop saying such selfish things! Delta, you tell her to-...
!? D-Delta, open your eyes!!
...Huh!? W-what? Why was I...
Um... Was that just my imagination?

Also the one we got wasn’t like evil poison that kills you when you eat it.

I saw it too, that's why I panicked! Why would an angel appear next to Delta?
...Maybe it was a bad idea to create a dish using something that could appear in heaven as an image?
When I was planning this, I was imagining things that could show up on a menu up in heaven.
Why would a real angel show up thanks to a dish just created in an image?
Maybe it's because the image happened to be the same thing as the real deal, so they made a mistake?
Seeing how it makes real angels show up, maybe I should change the name to Angel's Dining Table.
...Sounds like you really need to eat this with another person, to chase away the angel that shows up.
Could you please just make a dish that we can relax and eat? It really was good, after all...

Anyway, the next thing did at least appear to be almost normal food.

Woooah, awesome! I think this is the first time I've seen one!
Ahaha, surprised?
I just thought a restaurant should have a full course meal in order to make a name for itself.
Also, I wanted to make something that dispelled the notion I've got a bad sense of taste.
This smells really good... Oh man, I could start drooling.
Ewww...
But I understand how you feel. I just want to start eating.
Oh, go right ahead. I made this one for taste testing. I've got a different one for you to take.
You should've said that sooner! Cass, let's dig in!
Wait, it's a full course meal, you need to mind your manners.
R-right...
Very well, Casty... Let us dine upon this magnificent meal posthaste.
Yes indeed, Delta. I shall dine upon the steak.
Hah hah hah, you jest. This soup is far more suitable for you.
My, did you not know? The ingredients used in soups for full course meals tend to be of the highest quality.
Oh dear, I seem to have made a grave error... Very well, I shall graciously dine upon the soup.
...You guys seem like some fake aristocrats trying desperately to look high class.
Well, at least it looks fun... I pray that our establishment's full course meal suits your tastes. Just kidding.
Anyway, let's eat... Om!
Huu, huu... Nku.

Which was the problem, as it turned out.

Hey, how is it? Just tell me already.
...I-it's not bad... I think.
So that means it's good?
No, it's not good. I can say that with confidence!
But it's also not bad...
Doesn't it seem kind of bad though? There's like, this weird aftertaste in my mouth...
I can't really call it "bad"... It's more like an uncomfortable feeling that I just can't put a finger on...
It would be better if you just said it tasted bad!

While she was awful at making food, she at least could make good technological things. That also incorporated food.

Yeah, it's like something you'd get at a luxury restaurant.
...You guys always look at things like you're half starved.
Do you normally not eat very well?
Nay, it's kind of rude to say things like that to people who are complimenting you.
That's right. We really did think it was a pretty dish...
That's why I'm saying you look half starved. How does this look like food to you?
...I can kinda see where this is going...
...Yeah, me too. Now that I take a closer look, there're machine parts.
Is this a cathode?
You finally realized it... This is a super high performance cathode called the Heavenly Bird Dance.
And yet, all you could see was the sashimi. How awful of you.
You're the one who's terrible! Who would think this was a cathode with so much sashimi on it?
Normal cathodes are too weak, that's why I'm making things like this with really good performance.
Guh... T-that's true, but... That's no reason to...
Besides, do you really need to put food in such a luxurious arrangement on it?
I get the feeling the performance wouldn't be any different if you just used the cathode part...

And somehow the food is integral. It’s really strange.

Also, the garnish formed into wings serves to release excess power.
The power generated from the sashimi was too powerful, so if I didn't do that, it would burn out.
...Seriously?
I'm totally serious. Here, take a look at the prototype cathode I didn't put any garnish on.
Woah, you were serious! Not only is it burned, it's deformed from the heat!
Just putting garnish on it makes this much of a difference?
Yup. The one without garnish was cooked in an instant, including the sashimi...
...That's actually making me kind of hungry.
It was delicious.
You could have saved some for us...
Wait, we're just talking about sashimi now!
Why doesn't anyone ever just want to make a normal cathode!?
I told you, normal cathodes are way too weak.
...Yeah, alright. It was my fault for trying to ask a reasonable question...
You shouldn't question things like this. It's better to just accept them.

Anyway Nay brought up a good point, that eventually they’d be leaving the ship.

Hey Nay, what are you doing?
Perfect timing! I just finished my latest recipe.
Are you trying to create new items again?
No, today's recipe isn't related to cooking.
You're a restaurant, and you're making recipes unrelated to cooking?
It's to make memories.
I mean, c'mon... At this rate, I'll probably have to say good-bye to Soreil, right?
Well, that's if we can successfully regenerate a planet.
Yeah, but... If that does happen, then there's no more Soreil...
Which is why I want to make as many memories as I can... This recipe is that start.
Yeah, I guess... This is like a home to us, too...
If we don't have little things like these, it'll just be painful later on.
Which is why I want to give this to you...
System Message: Obtained the recipe for [Beyond Soreil]!
I wonder what it's gonna make?
Well, it's my recipe after all... I'm sure it'll be eccentric, whatever it is.
But at the very least, it'll have a lot of feelings for Felion packed inside.
So, I want to believe you two will enjoy it.

No, I don’t know how that lead to a vacuum tube hat that controls Sharl.

There's an engraving of a bird, but the wings are like fairy wings.
I made it like that on purpose. I think it's pretty stylish.
Is it not fitting?
It's true that bird and fairy wings are different, but it's pretty, so it should be fine.
I agree! I really like this Cielnotron.
Oh, but this isn't a normal Cielnotron, is it?
That's right, the effect actually turned out just a little weird...
If you Chain with this Cielnotron, you can consciously control the Sharl.
Control... Is that like how Prim was freely commanding the Sharl before?
Yeah, that's the idea.
Maybe I should call this Cielnotron the Primnotron.
Primnotron, huh...
It would have been better to make this back when you tried to annihilate the Sharl.
That's not possible. This is something I suddenly came up with while making other recipes, after all.
...This is something you just suddenly came up with?
Insight is the greatest power of all.
Anyway, the fact that I made something like this could spark another war with the Sharl, right?
So I reduced its output to an absolute minimum, so it can't be used for much.
Yeah, that's good. I wouldn't want to use something like that anyway.
Yeah... But even if you reduced it to a minimum, it still has an effect, right?
If so, I'm a little scared to think of what would happen if it was used accidentally.

Not very WELL but still.

In order to have an effect... I think you'd pretty much have to firmly embrace a Sharl.
If you commanded them in a state like that, it might have an effect on them. That's how low the output is.
...Does this even have a use then?
I can't think of any.
Also, I think the Sharl would get pretty annoyed if you just suddenly hugged them.
They'd probably listen to what you have to say just to get you to let them go, without using this.
The more I hear of this explanation the less this item seems to have a reason to exist.
Besides, if you were to suddenly embrace them, they'd probably think you were a pervert.
I wouldn't want her to scream the moment I embraced her...
Why don't you just command her to be quiet the moment you embrace her?
That would REALLY make you a pervert!

I’ve found in the right context hugs can have the same effect without stupid hats.

There's no way I can answer that question.
Why!? I made it pretty obvious!
Um... Is this RNA?
What do you think I used as the motif?
Huh!? U-um...
...Oh, I think I got it.
You used Felion as a motif to make this RNA, right?
Ding ding ding! Correct, Delta!!
Just like I thought!!
I-I'm kind of confused how you saw Felion as a motif by looking at this.
I wouldn't have known that just by looking at it.
I just happened to remember the recipe name for this thing.
Using that as a hint, I just thought that Felion was a very important place for Nay.
Hey, using the recipe as a hint is cheating!
That's still pretty amazing. Even if you knew Felion was the motif, this doesn't look anything like it.
Sure it does!
There's this crowded feeling, and the shape of this circuit is the same as the street in front of the shop.
There's no way we could tell!
Someone would either have to know like you, Nay, or think like Delta to know that the motif for this was Felion...
T-then I'll make the name Felionia RNA!
That should make it obvious enough, right? Hehe, this is a great idea!
...Pretty sure it's just a compromise.

See yes like that. I now have the strong urge to in fact go get you some snacks as you requested. But let’s finish the story first.

I don't feel blessed at all.
How insolent!! How dare you say such a thing before the Tentouki's Mirror!?
What's that supposed to mean?
Aaaah, you're hopeless! How could you not feel blessed when presented with such an amazing item...
Nay, this is your fault for failing to actually explain it properly from the beginning.
...I wanted you to feel it without needing an explanation.
This mirror is actually a very blessed pendant of the Divine Empress.
So this is your mirror?
That's not wrong, but I'd prefer it if you called it the Tentouki's Mirror!
Although, I guess calling it Nay's Mirror would make all my fans buy it, and pad the national treasury...
Nay... You're making this seem less and less blessed. Is that alright?
Argh, Delta's interruptions are keeping me from explaining it properly!
Nah, the fact that you stuck the title Tentouki on there is enough to get a general idea of this thing.
This pendant is filled with the blessed power of the Divine Empress or something, right?
That's the general idea, but couldn't you say it in a way to make it seem a little more blessed!?
Well, after saying that you'd want to call it Nay's Mirror and sell it, you lost all sense of credibility.

Anyway they interrupted Nay in the middle of worrying about something the next time they encountered her.

What's the matter with her? Nay seems troubled...
Yeah... Perhaps it's best we don't interrupt.
Well, at the very least we should hear her out... We might be able to help.
Hello Nay. Something on your mind?
Whoa! Perfect timing! Come over here, you two!
...I guess that's a "yes".
Yeah...
What's up this time? Don't tell me you're thinking of adding even more items to the menu?
No, it's not that... Umm...
What?
Maybe, I should think about it on my own.
Really? After all that? C'mon, don't do that.
Yes. You can't leave us hanging after building up the suspense.
Hmm, I guess I should've seen that coming. I was actually kind of hoping you'd feel that way.
Heh, guess it's not that big of a deal after all.
Yes... Would you mind telling us already? It's not like we've got all day.
Sorry, sorry...
Um, it's really no big deal for you guys, so you can hear me out...

It seemed it was about something that had happened long ago.

What?
A fight? You know...
I do believe we've had a few small ones...
No, not like that. I'm talking about a really, really big one.
Like... "I don't ever want to see this guy's face again!" type of fight.
I-I wonder about that... As far as I can remember, I don't think we've had any...
I've been in a huge fight when I was younger, though.
But, I've never thought that... As far as I can remember.
Wow... I must've really screwed up this time, then.
...Are you fighting with someone?
Hm, well... It might be more accurate to say, I was in a fight...
It was pretty bad, but, I think we're on good terms now...
Then, what's there to worry about?
That's a very difficult question to answer.
It's not that I haven't forgiven the other person...
But I have this strange feeling whenever I remember that fight.

It’s best never to let a fight ruin your relationships with others, trust me on this.

I think that might be it!
Wait, you're not satisfied that you've made up? That doesn't make sense.
My point exactly...
Which is why I have no idea what to do...
Hmm...
Maybe you've still got some bottled up feelings you weren't able to tell them.
What's that supposed to mean?
Doesn't it make you feel really nervous when you make up after a big fight?
That's why it's possible Nay couldn't say everything that was on her mind, before making up.
"Thank goodness that's over. Now things can go back to normal..." Is what's on my mind after a fight.
It makes you think you don't need to say anything else... Right?
Is that how it works?
I'm not really sure, but that's happened to me a few times.
So, maybe Nay's still has a few things on her mind she couldn't say.

For one thing, it can leave you in Nay’s situation.

Yeah, you're right... Maybe I wasn't able to tell them everything I wanted to.
I was so happy we made up, I forgot why we were arguing in the first place. And now it's back.
...That doesn't sound like you, Nay.
Gaaaaaah! That's exactly what I was thinking! Stop taking thoughts out of my head!
A-Anyway... I think we've solved your problem, yes? Nay?
Hm? Oh, right, yeah...
Hey, do you two think you could wait a moment? I'll whip up a new recipe real quick.
...Alright. That should do it!
It's about time.
Sorry to keep you waiting. Here you go.
System Message: Obtained the recipe for [Proof of Friendship]!
Are you sure we can have this? If it's to make up with your friend, shouldn't you take it to them?
It's alright. I remember the recipe.
And besides... I think it'll make some useful items for you, too.
So, you should hold onto that.
You're sure? We didn't really do anything, though...
Of course you did. You listened to me, and helped me through my problems.
Think of this as my appreciation.
...I see.
Well, in that case...
Hehe, I'm excited to see what it makes.

This next set of things actually ended up shockingly normal given it wasn’t food.

You're right... It's shaped like a long, narrow cylinder. Is it a glass tube?
Could there be a TxBIOS inside this charm?
Hey, nice guess! That's right.
This is an original charm I created. I call it Nay's Charm.
I've never heard of a charm with a TxBIOS inside.
That's why it's original. But don't you think this would be more effective than a normal charm?
A regular charm wouldn't defend you from enemy attacks, or have an effect when you use Song Magic either.
...Yeah, that's true, it's just a lucky charm after all.
It's a little unfair to expect that much out of something a kid can buy with their allowance.
That's why there's no doubt you'll be much happier using my deluxe charm than a useless regular one!
...Do you see any benefit to this?
Hmm... Well, Nay is the Empress after all. I don't think that there would be no benefit at all...
So could you tell us exactly what effect this thing has?
Heh heh heh... This TxBIOS has an amazing effect!!

Well normal for these people.

W-what's with that stunned look? Are you saying you don't trust me?
No, it's not that, but... It's just the same as a regular charm, and it won't make you stronger or heal you.
But I guess feeling like Nay's watching over us technically makes it effective. As a charm, that is.
Yeah, that's true. Nay's still somewhat reliable, after all.
Love those compliments, keep them coming!
...Although things like this make me worry a bit.
Hehe, all this is still part of what makes her Nay.

I don’t know what you’re talking about everything I make and do is perfectly normal.

That's right. Did I do a good job?
Yeah, I thought it was real for a moment. Looks like you can make really good stuff, Nay.
You make it sound as though all I make is weird stuff.
...Well, whatever. I don't feel like getting mad today, so I'll let it go.
T-that's kind of scary in its own right. Why are you in such a good mood, anyway?
Hmm... It's just that when I looked at this, I started remembering the past.
The necklace I based this off was given to me by someone really important.
Someone important... A lover?
Ahaha, no way. Although, it's true that I liked them.
Someone Nay liked... I'm kind of interested. What kind of person were they?
Hey, Delta, you shouldn't ask things like that...
It's fine, it's not like it's something I want to hide or forget about.
It's a long story, but I'll keep it short... She was someone like an older sister to me.

No, hell with that. Normal’s for suckers. Better than normal. The best!

Huh, I'm a little surprised you had someone like that.
Yeah, I always thought of Nay as the older sister type of person to us.
Well, I'm talking about a really, really long time ago.
But you still remember her now?
Yeah... So clearly that it surprises me, actually.
She would play with me often, and teach me all kinds of things, and she was so kind...
She was a really important person to me... And she defended me until the very end.
...I would have liked to meet her.
Yeah, she's someone Nay speaks very highly about. I'm sure she was a really wonderful person.
Ahaha, if Fractel was still around, I would have wanted to introduce you too.
I'd like to have told her I made some really great friends. I'm sure she would have been happy to know...

N-Now, if we go by sales Sparkling Virus Boring Girl Chronicles is in fact very well written.

Genelogic Ticket? Is Genelogic the name of a band or something?
I've never heard of it. It doesn't sound like the name of a show either...
It's nothing like that. This isn't a ticket for a show.
But... Hmm... It's a little hard to explain...
Could you at least tell us what it's used for?
To put it simply, this ticket allows you to send goods to another world, I guess?
...I-I'm sorry. This suddenly went far beyond my imagination, and I don't even know what to think.
You said we can send goods to another world, but what would we send?
Are we supposed to use it to dispose of ridiculously dangerous materials?
Don't treat another world like a dump! You're supposed to send items for cultural exchange with another world.
If we don't start trade with other worlds beyond our own, we're going to get left in the dust, you know.
How can we trade if we've never met a person from another world...
There's that guy with Ion, right?
O-oh, you're right!
We're so close to him that we totally forgot.
Well, he's a pretty special exception. It's not like you could go to another world and spend time there.
But by sending an item, you can let the people know about your existence, right?
I see, if we send an item instead of a message, they might send something back eventually.
Exactly. In other words, this ticket is an item that gives us the first step towards inter-world trade.
Hmm... At first I thought it was suspicious, but I'm starting to look forward to using it.
The first thing you need to do is decide what to send.
People elsewhere probably have different tastes, so if you send something bad it could start a war.
Don't say things that'll make us worry...

Plus they’re not even supposed to be good, I wrote the first one on a dare from Spica while we were both really drunk and somehow everyone loves the stupid things.

W-what's that!? Don't you have anything better to say!?
How could you say that when presented with this fresh, piping hot, perfect meat and potato stew!?
That's exactly what's wrong! How did you manage to make a normal meat and potato stew!?
I'm sure this is just a component for some sort of final product, right?
What are we supposed to use this for?
I don't know. That's Sarly's job, so I wouldn't have any idea.
I think Sarly would be troubled by this, too. We can't just give her a meat and potato stew...
...But it does smell good. I'm starting to get really hungry.
Since you're here, why not give it a taste? It would be a shame if it got cold.
Yeah, I guess. Hey Cass, let's eat.
O-okay... Here goes.
Om...
Nom nom...
...It's really good.
Yeah, I really want some rice.
It would be perfect with some miso soup. The broth is soaked into the potatoes, and it tastes great.
...But it's not like it's ridiculously good though, right?
Yeah, it's just a normal meat and potato stew.

Back on topics that are not personally humiliating, apparently the ultimate product of Nay’s restaurant is a soup made of meat and potatoes. Which wouldn’t be unusual except it’s apparently a component of something high tech.

If something like that was ridiculously good, it would be the only thing people ate.
What you're saying makes sense, but...
We're totally forgetting that this is actually a part for something.
Sarly... I'm sure she's going to have a lot of trouble ahead.

Okay, that sorts that out. Speaking of Sarly, we’ll be cutting to her next. But for now, snacks.

Next Time, Ar Nosurge: Ms. Wizard

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Been busy with some things, I should still have an update this week though.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
wanna eat Nay's nikujaga

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Here's some more trivia while I'm working on getting content for the next update:

All four of the Revyateils from Sol Ciel who are party members in the series get a song that calls on Ar Tonelico's weaponry. Name these songs.

The original Ar Tonelico had three categories of magic. Name them. What did each do?

This notable Grathnode Crystal from the original Ar Tonelico halves the physical damage you do in exchange for replicating that damage in each element.

Kyle Clancy turns into this after being corrupted by virus data during his attempt to free Mir.

Bourd Rade is also known by this very apt nickname.

The strongest guardian of Sol Ciel (including her actual name).

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Feinne posted:

The original Ar Tonelico had three categories of magic. Name them. What did each do?

Red Magic is used to attack. Blue Magic is used to support, providing healing or buffs. Green Magic is used out-of-combat to solve puzzles and the like.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Feinne posted:

All four of the Revyateils from Sol Ciel who are party members in the series get a song that calls on Ar Tonelico's weaponry. Name these songs.

Aurica gets Ar Tonelico. Misha gets Tower Connection. Shurelia gets Silver Horn?. And I think Jacqli also has Ar Tonelico?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Tired Moritz posted:

Aurica gets Ar Tonelico. Misha gets Tower Connection. Shurelia gets Silver Horn?. And I think Jacqli also has Ar Tonelico?

Jacqli also gets EXEC_Phantasmagoria, but I don't know if it counts since it's a souped-up Ar Tonelico.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I've recorded, update probably tomorrow (if not on Saturday).

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Meat and potato stew. As a crafting component. Oh lord, what's Sarly going to make out of that?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Glazius posted:

Meat and potato stew. As a crafting component. Oh lord, what's Sarly going to make out of that?

It's earnestly amazing, because it has not one thing to do with any of the components.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

It's also the only one of those crafting components that has any use outside of crafting the final recipe, it's the only Lvl10 Endurance Recovery item in the game.

Also annoyingly these crafting components and the final recipe are the only recipes in the game that only have synthesis scenes for one party. Try making the meat and potato stew with Ion and Earthes and you don't get a scene :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Icedude posted:

It's also the only one of those crafting components that has any use outside of crafting the final recipe, it's the only Lvl10 Endurance Recovery item in the game.

Also annoyingly these crafting components and the final recipe are the only recipes in the game that only have synthesis scenes for one party. Try making the meat and potato stew with Ion and Earthes and you don't get a scene :(

In spite of being the only L10 endurance recovery item it's really of questionable use as a consumable, the Endurance Recovery + Barrier Recovery items like that aphrodisiac we made with Kanon are in practice a lot more useful since they can heal past Barrier limits and the stew costs like 10 times as much.

I've been a lot busier than I'd thought with some family time, I've got the update content though so hopefully tomorrow.

• Locked thread