Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007
Right, so how do we wipe out ISIS without another extremist extremist organization taking its place on the world stage? Even if ISIS ceased to exist the problems and circumstances that has caused extremist organizations like ISIS and AQ to exist in the first place remain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Apparently, the Prime Minister is offering "all possible assistance" to France. I suppose it remains to be seen what that means.

edit: Well, François Hollande has promised to be "merciless", so...

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

David Corbett posted:

Apparently, the Prime Minister is offering "all possible assistance" to France. I suppose it remains to be seen what that means.

Winter jackets for you and you and you and winter jackets for everybody!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Ikantski posted:

I don;;t usuallly say this. but uh, gently caress off.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Ikantski posted:

For what it's worth, I chuckled.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Sunni ways, sunni ways.

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST
--

Melian Dialogue fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 2, 2016

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

rawrr posted:

Right, so how do we wipe out ISIS without another extremist extremist organization taking its place on the world stage? Even if ISIS ceased to exist the problems and circumstances that has caused extremist organizations like ISIS and AQ to exist in the first place remain.

find the remaining descendants of the house of Osman and restore the Ottoman state to its full glory by a full invasion of Iraq and Syria

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

THC posted:

I just think they should find someone more professional and better at hiding their feelings about the matters they're reporting on. Someone who doesn't have close personal relationships with party functionaries.

I was being a little facetious when I suggested that just you and Ezra cared about this a few days ago but he put out a 15 min video on it today, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fij3rTHwYB0 When does the NDP get their left wing version of Ezra?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I'd rather follow the French to war. :shrug:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

loving with France has, historically, been a pretty terrible idea.

And you know JT's going to get raked over the coals no matter what he does here. "You just finished saying you wanted us OUT of Syria and now you're sending us back. Just not ready to make up your mind, eh?"

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Why would we go back to wasting money in Syria?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
oh soo now y'all loving idiots want back into playing world cop do you

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Following all of NATO into a treaty-obligated conflict is a long way from unilateral police action.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
onward christian soldiers, marching off to war

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
gotta get in on this glory and valour from the potential drubbing of some Bad Guys*

audeamus!!!!

a wedding party

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Facebook is a cesspool right now.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Ikantski posted:

I was being a little facetious when I suggested that just you and Ezra cared about this a few days ago but he put out a 15 min video on it today, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fij3rTHwYB0 When does the NDP get their left wing version of Ezra?

It's me

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

The difference is I mean well and I want to deprive Ezra of opportunities to cry the CBC's liberal bias. And I just want a quality news broadcast that doesn't include Mansbridge. Because he sucks.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

THC posted:

Lol @ the suggestion the RCMP is good at anything except getting away with sexual assault

Go shove it up your oval office, you miserable rear end in a top hat.

I will say, though: we need to accept more refugees, because they at least understand the bullshit that we have to deal with. They are on the front lines, they've been dying for far longer than the west has had to suffer any consequence of our collective nonsense. We should stand with the citizenry of Syria, Iraq, and the entire Middle East, as we are forced to accept a taste of what they've suffered for years.

And we should bomb Daesh to kingdom loving come. Let's roll.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
My facebook is fine because I am an ivory tower elitist who isn't friends with idiots.

Hope, security and provision of personal needs stops radical violence, not bombs.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

PT6A posted:

Go shove it up your oval office, you miserable rear end in a top hat.

Someone's salty

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Bombing the middle east will definitely work this time guys honest

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

THC posted:

Someone's salty

Yeah I'm loving salty right now. I have over 100 good goddamn reasons to be, you miserable piece of excrement.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

flashman posted:

Bombing the middle east will definitely work this time guys honest
Shove it up your vagina bitch. I'm mad as hell

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

THC posted:

Shove it up your vagina bitch. I'm mad as hell

You think th is is a time for jokes? We need to saddle up and bomb these religious bell ends like the scum they are... Hell drop a few on the Vatican en route so no one can call us biased. Religion of peace my anus.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I say. Tally Ho old chap. Hope there's time for tea. :monocle:

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

flashman posted:

You think th is is a time for jokes? We need to saddle up and bomb these religious bell ends like the scum they are... Hell drop a few on the Vatican en route so no one can call us biased. Religion of peace my anus.

Let's do this. gently caress religion.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Sedge and Bee posted:

Let's do this. gently caress religion.

We've got a pretty cool Pope at the moment, all things considered. We can just put the Catholic Church on probation at the moment, IMO.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

PT6A posted:

We've got a pretty cool Pope at the moment, all things considered. We can just put the Catholic Church on probation at the moment, IMO.

I'd never hold whatever religion someone has the misfortune of being born into against them, but nah, all religions can feel free to continue their slow deaths in the west and hopefully one day the world.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Sedge and Bee posted:

I'd never hold whatever religion someone has the misfortune of being born into against them, but nah, all religions can feel free to continue their slow deaths in the west and hopefully one day the world.

Slow death, absolutely. I'm not just an atheist, I'm the athiest! But the catholics don't need to be bombed at the moment. In WW2, it might have been a good idea, since they were a bunch of fascist-sympathizing sons of whores who were wont to turn a blind eye to crimes against humanity, from Iberia to Croatia.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

I'm just bracing for the dual waves of poo poo. on the one side, people calling Islam a violent death cult out to destroy western civilization/Christianity, whose followers should be deported or left to die.

On the other side, people claiming religion has zero role in this and that ever critizing religion for the lovely things it contains and inspires, or claiming religious zealots are motivated by religion, is bigotry. I'm already seeing it play out all over my facebook.

I sympathize with the latter group because the vast majority of Muslims haven't done anything to deserve the scorn they'll be receiving, but it's annoying that every time something like this happens we need to pretend like religion isn't the source of the attackers' willingness to kill and be killed doing this horrendous thing.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
im certain that the islamic state has more to do with twenty plus years of western interests intentionally destabilizing the middle east than it does with religion. the important part of it is that there are people there with different religions than eachother which lead to them hating eachother , not what each of those religions is i think

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Sedge and Bee posted:

I sympathize with the latter group because the vast majority of Muslims haven't done anything to deserve the scorn they'll be receiving, but it's annoying that every time something like this happens we need to pretend like religion isn't the source of the attackers' willingness to kill and be killed doing this horrendous thing.

Very, very true. Muslims are disproportionately the victim of these murderous bastards, and we need to support them as we collectively find the people responsible for this and blow them right to gently caress.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

jsoh posted:

im certain that the islamic state has more to do with twenty plus years of western interests intentionally destabilizing the middle east than it does with religion.

I too am a self-hating white person! I need to be be punished, it makes me very hard!

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

PT6A posted:

I too am a self-hating white person! I need to be be punished, it makes me very hard!

destroying the governments in iraq and afghanistan and libya which were strong enough to keep sectarian violence down and replacing them with loving nothing is what caused most of the bad things in those places that happen currently. and that is factual regardless of wahtever weird projecting you want to do

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

jsoh posted:

destroying the governments in iraq and afghanistan and libya which were strong enough to keep sectarian violence down and replacing them with loving nothing is what caused most of the bad things in those places that happen currently. and that is factual regardless of wahtever weird projecting you want to do

One of these countries is not like the other, one of these countries just doesn't belong! (It's Afghanistan; it was well hosed ever since the US decided to back anti-Soviet forces)

But, yes, I agree we'd be better off if we'd supported Saddam Hussein, Gaddafi, Assad, and Mubarak. A secular dictator is a blessing compared to a theocrat. Usually people attack me for this opinion; perhaps we are of the same mind, in which case I apologize for attacking you.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

PT6A posted:

Lol ok

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

PT6A posted:

One of these countries is not like the other, one of these countries just doesn't belong! (It's Afghanistan; it was well hosed ever since the US decided to back anti-Soviet forces)

But, yes, I agree we'd be better off if we'd supported Saddam Hussein, Gaddafi, Assad, and Mubarak. A secular dictator is a blessing compared to a theocrat. Usually people attack me for this opinion; perhaps we are of the same mind, in which case I apologize for attacking you.

are you suggesting we should've bombed the poo poo out of the protesters in Egypt or something? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Excelzior posted:

are you suggesting we should've bombed the poo poo out of the protesters in Egypt or something? :psyduck:

No, clearly not. I'm saying we should support the government of Al-Sisi against the fundamentally anti-democratic regime of Morsi.