Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015
Also, I'm so gonna rock the Barcelona jersey with the soccer cleats like the goddamned nerd I am.

e: Just like the promo image. Also I just noticed the soccer jerseys have captain's armbands and that is amazing.

Randumb Thots fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Kaethela posted:

Where are the loving playable Octolings, Nintendo?!

This will absolutely not be in until the NX sequel. In the Iwata asks they specifically talk about making the inklings identifiable as a new IP and having a unique look to them. Its why we only have 1 hairstyle per squidgender too.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The data has already been uncovered and you can tell it's actively being worked on, of course it's going to happen.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Whelp turns out Saga-ken is in Shikoku, so, yeah, I'm not training down there.

Guess I'll just go up to Kyoto and find that place with official Splatoon merch

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Now I can be the squid Messi

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Kaethela posted:

Where are the loving playable Octolings, Nintendo?!

I know people like to hype about this constantly, but I don't think this is a possibility. I mean, the headgear clips badly with the octoling head. And where are the male octolings, anyway?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Eh, it wouldn't be hard to redo their hair. And the Octolads already exist if the DJ is any indication.

It'd be one hell of an update.

Balcony
Sep 8, 2005
Dear Deidre...
Whoa, a Barcelona kit and a Mod parka. Did not see either of them coming, but well played Nintendo.

The new levels look like they are really going to emphasise the platforming elements of the game, which is a good thing. And the direct mentioned there will be updates until at least January, so fingers crossed for octolings. (although I'm more excited for the beach wedding and office stages)

[ediit] WTF is this all about?

Balcony fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Nov 13, 2015

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Nintendo has been making Zelda for thousands of years and they still can't get Link's hat to not clip through his shield. Their gently caress level is zero.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Bean posted:

Nintendo has been making Zelda for thousands of years and they still can't get Link's hat to not clip through his shield. Their gently caress level is zero.

Well, they changed the hat to a hood for the new Zelda.

Also what does this have to do with Splatoon.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Rexroom posted:

And where are the male octolings, anyway?

Please keep in mind that, originally, we weren't going to get Inkling boys. It was going to be all girls, all the time.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Bean posted:

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Was rolling for 3x attack on my squidforce headband and this happened.

wat

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Good work.

giffan
Jul 10, 2012
I'm really curious as to what the path for Tower Control will be with D'alfonsino. So far Splat Zones is a hectic but fun mess.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Had to go look up what a Alfonsino even was, but stage is great. Can't wait for Mahi Mahi.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

giffan posted:

I'm really curious as to what the path for Tower Control will be with D'alfonsino. So far Splat Zones is a hectic but fun mess.

Takes the expected route of going over the water. After getting shat on repeatedly on this map I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of the new map.

People can attack from so many different directions.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Bean posted:

clipping in games is extremely
1) minor in the grand scheme of things and
2) resource expensive to deal with if you want everything perfect

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Every post in the plaza tonight is about France, Undertale or a combination of the two.:allears:

The new map is pretty cool. Lots of options for flanking.

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

Does anyone know how rank score is determined? They used to do it by splats, but now it almost seems random.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

aidoru posted:

Does anyone know how rank score is determined? They used to do it by splats, but now it almost seems random.

From the patch notes, it's based on your winrate from the past 10 Ranked matches, with (I'm assuming) the K/D ratio being a tiebreaker. The winrate score is reset if you promote or demote.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

I was just farming money on turf war tonight to pay for all the new gear there is to buy now and I noticed after losing like 10 straight games in a row I got put into a pool of players who were notably worse and I won basically every match for the rest of the night. Has this feature always been in the game and I just was never this terrible before to notice it?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

aidoru posted:

I think it's based on the rank of players in teams. For example, if you play in a team of A against a full S team, winning would give you a bigger score. And losing would lose you just a small amount.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

Rexroom posted:

I think it's based on the rank of players in teams. For example, if you play in a team of A against a full S team, winning would give you a bigger score. And losing would lose you just a small amount.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about a player's position in the team table after the match. For example, if I had a good round and went 8/0, that would probably be enough to put me at the top of my team for that round. Now I have to string together wins (something I'm rather inconsistent at) if I want a good chance at that top slot.

I could have misunderstood his question, however.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here are the patch notes:

quote:

New Gear:
New gear has been added, which will appear in the in-game shop at random.
Ranked Match Results Pages

Adjustments:
Changed the display of the results screen in Ranked Battle. Players will be listed in the order of their winning percentages in the last 10 matches for the current mode (Wins - Losses).

Previously, players were listed in the order of the number of enemies they splatted. This adjustment was made since there are other ways to contribute to the team's victory that cannot be measured in numerical terms.

The winning percentage will not be recorded in Regular Battle, Splatfest, Squad Battle, and Private Battle, so the results page will remain the same.

When the users' Ranks go up, the winning percentage will be reset.

Battle Adjustments:
Fixed the issue in which the blasts from Blaster weapons don't quite reach the opponent even though the direct hit marker (x) is displayed while taking aim.

Adjusted the amount of damage that rollers inflict when rolling over Splash Shields to match the amount of damage they inflict when rolling over opponents.

Adjustments were made in Tower Control so that Sprinklers placed on the towers break when they hit the ground (The Sprinklers previously only broke if they were placed on the ground and were hit by the towers)

Other:
Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Ah, so no more K/D brassing on Ranked. Well, not that much, anyway.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Has anyone made a list of the new gear?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

The art museum is pretty center heavy. The flow heavily gravitates to the center, since you have to swim to the central spinner and along the catwalks to get to the other areas. That's at least with turf war. Still, it's pretty fun looking with the art, and the way the spinners hum in the manner of artsy ambient you might hear in some fancy art museums. Inking certain floors also reveal hidden artworks.

Bean posted:

Has anyone made a list of the new gear?

Probably. I just don't know who.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Splat Zones really puts the engine to it's limits on d'Alfonsino. All those bombs that have to be drawn dips the FPS to about 15 frames.

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

gameface posted:

I'm pretty sure he was talking about a player's position in the team table after the match. For example, if I had a good round and went 8/0, that would probably be enough to put me at the top of my team for that round. Now I have to string together wins (something I'm rather inconsistent at) if I want a good chance at that top slot.

I could have misunderstood his question, however.

Yes, this is what I meant. And thanks for posting the patch notes, PaletteSwappedNinja! It makes sense, and I'm glad it's not focused on splat/splatted anymore.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i just had a round where i was the only one on my team to get even a single kill.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Inflammatory posted:

i just had a round where i was the only one on my team to get even a single kill.

Well, did you win? :v:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Had some great fun on D'alfonsino rainmaker, so many levels to go about it and one time my team managed to get a slam dunk. My last match was a pretty bad loss, then i felt better because the squid at the bottom of our team had 0/14 that fucker.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I really like the Museum. There's a lot of verticality to the stage without being as cramped as Flounder Heights.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Museum is fine in Turf War, Tower Control, and Rainmaker, but in Splatzones the map falls apart. The frame rate goes to poo poo and every match devolves into complete chaos, with each team taking turns punching each other in the dick.

On a completely unrelated note, the Wii U gamepad sure is fragile, huh?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Night Blade posted:

Museum is fine in Turf War, Tower Control, and Rainmaker, but in Splatzones the map falls apart. The frame rate goes to poo poo and every match devolves into complete chaos, with each team taking turns punching each other in the dick.

On a completely unrelated note, the Wii U gamepad sure is fragile, huh?

Don't get mad about video games

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

every ranked mode is chaos

Handshake Drugs
Oct 21, 2010
Thinking it might be time to give up on the idea of reaching S+ with the krak-on. Ever since the latest nerfs, I've been feeling like the odds are just stacked against it now, so long as lag is still heavily prevalent. Too many times lately I've been hitting people square in the face with a flick from a very short distance away and they don't die. I'm guessing it's because one of us is lagging behind and they're actually off to the side more and out of the new 1-hit kill range. Completely frustrating.

Also annoying is the fact that I now seem to be entered into more and more A or A+ lobbies than ever before. Which I wouldn't care so much about if it didn't affect the total points given after a round. Kinda nonsense that I'm being forced to play in matches where I'll only earn 2 points if I win or go down 6 or 7 points if I lose.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Handshake Drugs posted:

Thinking it might be time to give up on the idea of reaching S+ with the krak-on. Ever since the latest nerfs, I've been feeling like the odds are just stacked against it now, so long as lag is still heavily prevalent. Too many times lately I've been hitting people square in the face with a flick from a very short distance away and they don't die. I'm guessing it's because one of us is lagging behind and they're actually off to the side more and out of the new 1-hit kill range. Completely frustrating.

Also annoying is the fact that I now seem to be entered into more and more A or A+ lobbies than ever before. Which I wouldn't care so much about if it didn't affect the total points given after a round. Kinda nonsense that I'm being forced to play in matches where I'll only earn 2 points if I win or go down 6 or 7 points if I lose.

The lag tonight is really, really bad. Like worse than usual to the point where I just spontaneously blow up due to some unseen force.

I shot a guy in Kraken with a direct hit blaster shot and he died somehow. People are falling off ledges then reappearing back where they fell from, it's nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I think the Splatoon Sever died.

• Locked thread