Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
They(or Jimmy) were at an airport and they were calling out finished food orders and some guy yelled that and high-fived some stranger as a response to order 69 being done I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Matt Belknap seems nice but he may be the most boring man alive.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Drunkboxer posted:

Matt Belknap seems nice but he may be the most boring man alive.

I love Matt because he's such a dork dad kinda guy but man I like him a lot better when I'm just listening to the audio. The man cannot make eye contact

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

He has the worst opinions of anyone ever about anything. Like, imagine a guy with really bad opinions. Then deprive him of water for 40 years.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Brock Samson posted:

He has the worst opinions of anyone ever about anything. Like, imagine a guy with really bad opinions. Then deprive him of water for 40 years.

Uh I'm pretty sure you get plenty of water from food.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Matt Bellknap is so boring he showed up to some UCB pyjama party/comedy show thing wearing sweat pants and a t-shirt, claiming its what he slept in so it counts.

I mean, I think it sounds dumb, but if I was going I'd at least play along.

edit: I like Matt Bellknap, boring or not.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Nov 14, 2015

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I really like Matt Belknap and this newly opened floodgate of Matt bashing is upsetting to me.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I like him too and I didn't mean to open a floodgate. I'm just kind of in awe of how boring he is.

edit: dork dad is probably a nicer description I guess

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Belknap can be a snooze but he's no Elliot-talking-about-politics which makes me not want to have a phone or ears

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
He's basically just the tech guy for the alt comedy community so it's kind of impressive that he can keep up at all. I like him. :colbert:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I remember Matt Belknap from Season 1.

The Matt Belknap of today is funny and delightful.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Yeah I think matt has been consistently funny for a while now

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Matt is great, Elliott is clearly the one people should be bucking about.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Do NNF fans enjoy Elliott/other dudes on the show, and the parts that aren't the guest interviews? The only times I listen are when a good guest are on and I have to skip through like 40 minutes of not-guest, and then that still gets interrupted sometimes by asking some random people in the studio what boring things they got up to while you have like Judd Apatow or Andy Daly there on mic :confused:

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

piratepilates posted:

Do NNF fans enjoy Elliott/other dudes on the show, and the parts that aren't the guest interviews?

Yes.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

well that's bizarre and I don't understand it at all but you know what if people like it then good on NNF for doing it, I have no problem with that !!

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I really like the show and I listen to every ep (including Players Club). Jimmy is very funny and I guess I've gotten into a groove where I enjoy his dynamic with everyone else in the room. Like, Elliott is a huge dork, but when he speaks it's always followed by Jimmy making GBS threads on him in a hilarious way, so I'm all for it.

It can occasionally get a little much even for me when they get bogged down in talking about a band from the 80s Jimmy likes, but even then there's usually enough humour there that I'm still into it.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
I like the banter because I am the type of person who is mean to people I like when I think it's funny and I feel like this show understands me.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

piratepilates posted:

Do NNF fans enjoy Elliott/other dudes on the show
It's my favorite thing.

They've always kind of had a Dumb-Guy-too-Dumb-to-Get-It bit through the entire show, Belknap season 1, Pat Francis derailing everything in Season 2 and then Andrew Koenig...

:smith:

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

piratepilates posted:

Do NNF fans enjoy Elliott/other dudes on the show, and the parts that aren't the guest interviews? The only times I listen are when a good guest are on and I have to skip through like 40 minutes of not-guest, and then that still gets interrupted sometimes by asking some random people in the studio what boring things they got up to while you have like Judd Apatow or Andy Daly there on mic :confused:

gently caress yeah. It's just Jimmy Pardo making fun of a bunch of nerds!

Juttman
Apr 7, 2008

Saturated Fats
I love all the non-guest parts. Garon (sp?) getting iced usually gives me the biggest laugh of the episode. I will also say I genuinely find Matt to be an entertaining person in a "very normal guy who is pretty funny" way.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I like when this thread is active

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I really love that they managed to replace the most incompetent intern without someone equally incompetent. Although Dan looking/acting so young made the change to a nearing middleaged man interning at a podcast a little bit sadder

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
"I know everyone likes to poo poo on the police."

"I don't think they like to, there's something terrible going on in this country!"

Not intentionally funny, but Matt's offhand sincerity caught me off guard and left me laughing.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Does the RSS link exist yet for anyone else who's already bought the next season(s)? I'm not seeing it but I've also had weird issues in the past with the site not recognizing my credentials

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Riptor posted:

Does the RSS link exist yet for anyone else who's already bought the next season(s)? I'm not seeing it but I've also had weird issues in the past with the site not recognizing my credentials

Yes.

https://pardcast.com/feeds/season18/season18.xml
https://pardcast.com/feeds/season18video/season18video.xml

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

perfect, thanks

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Eliot's stone temple pilots covers :lol:

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

And more than that, the fact that he also sent them ORIGINAL SONGS in case THEY WANTED TO loving BUY THEM

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Brock Samson posted:

he also sent them ORIGINAL SONGS in case THEY WANTED TO loving BUY THEM

I can't believe they didn't make more of this. It's amazing.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

oh my god i missed that somehow

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah he said it and they kind of skipped over it. I wonder if nobody else in the room caught what he was saying.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Unrelated, but the thought of Richard Kind saying "Oh, Matt Walsh is funny" and unwittingly downloading the NNF filthcast is still making me laugh a week on.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Steven Weber describing his mother's crush on George Clooney by saying she has 'Clooney on the clit' was pretty great.

Casual Combustion
Jan 12, 2003

anotherone posted:

Who's the 9/11 truther comedian they keep talking about?

This post is old, but on 17K Brendon Walsh goes on a weird little inside job tangent.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

SKYMALL SCRILLA posted:

This post is old, but on 17K Brendon Walsh goes on a weird little inside job tangent.

Yeah that was super uncomfortable, I almost posted about that but it seemed like everyone was surprised so I don't think that's who he was talking about.

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
I don't know if he's the one that was referred to, but Matt McCarthy is a truther based on his You Made It Weird episode.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
The Pardcast-a-thon has been entertaining.

PFT is doing Jarles now, which is always fun.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Michael Sheen is incredibly charming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

That caricaturist needs to stop focusing on noses, because he's coming off looking worse every year.

Also I didn't recognise Timothy Omundsen at all until Pat mentioned Psych, but he was great.