Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I expect him to be unable to kill himself, gets born, and then there's a comedy of him trying to kill himself while his parents babyproof his life and protect him from himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jesus christ Jimmy

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I honestly don't know what I was expecting there.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
~the miracle of manbaby birth~

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Welp, I think we've finally found a page that eclipses cumknife.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I came here to post :byodame: and :barf: but I see you guys already have it covered. Jesus Christ though. I'm glad this page is on a Saturday and I'm not working.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

You know, normally I'm the last guy to be rooting for a budding romance, but Three Panel Soul keeps making me do it.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I honestly don't know what I was expecting there.

A lot more than a completely skippable chapter of blank panels.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

RoboCicero posted:

Calling Sparklelord still seems like a "release snakes to get rid of all the pigeons" strategy but it would be a interesting continuation of the theme that Dr. McNinja's one blind spot is King Radical.

Also for Demon, anyone who saw this coming please line up to receive your free complementary cum-knife.

I think this time it's not so much about Doc's blindspot as it is about the fact that King Radical is winning, decisively. This is legitimately probably the only option left with the stakes this high and victory so close for King Radical.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Captain Oblivious posted:

I think this time it's not so much about Doc's blindspot as it is about the fact that King Radical is winning, decisively. This is legitimately probably the only option left with the stakes this high and victory so close for King Radical.

Plus, Sparklelord likes Doc's world the way it is. They understand how lame Radical things are.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
As the greatest enemy of true radicalness (and as a fan of mediocrity), it's fitting that Sparkelord's bike form is a Honda :v:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Webcomics are a permanent curse: I tried to leave but I found out that the dork from Questionable Content finally plowed the trans lady, only been able to find the edits of it so far.

What's the thing she wants to do next time? Dragon dildo?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No one cares about QC so youre going to have to read it yourself.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

post the edits

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
No don't.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Badlix has gone above and beyond for something that isn't even an april fools' day gag.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Post 9-11 User posted:

Webcomics are a permanent curse: I tried to leave but I found out that the dork from Questionable Content finally plowed the trans lady, only been able to find the edits of it so far.

What's the thing she wants to do next time? Dragon dildo?
Isn't Questionable Content set in a vaguely defined sci fi futureland with robots and space stations and teleporters? Wouldn't a trans character in that setting be pretty much just any other woman? Also, the writer of /Questionable Content/ is doing a trans character? Is it actually offensive or just clueless and bland?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

NorgLyle posted:

Isn't Questionable Content set in a vaguely defined sci fi futureland with robots and space stations and teleporters? Wouldn't a trans character in that setting be pretty much just any other woman? Also, the writer of /Questionable Content/ is doing a trans character? Is it actually offensive or just clueless and bland?

Questionable Content's hatedom is weird because it's the most boring inoffensive comic and the readers hate themselves for reading such a boring comic but spend years waiting with baited breath for it to do something offensive. It's weird.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I kind of like it, but I do not know why.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

NorgLyle posted:

Clueless and bland. There's some stuff that I kind of went "I'm not sure I like this" about the character's portrayal, but nothing outright offensive.

Of course it's Jeph Jacques so he's still got cis people tripping over themselves to suck his dick because he's ~so progressive~

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Bongo Bill posted:

I kind of like it, but I do not know why.

Like I said it's not especially bad in any area (it would be trivial to name webcomics with worse art, worse writing, dumber metaplots, etc.) but there is (was?) this huge contingent of readers that was desperately hoping it would be the provider of the next loss.jpg.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

NorgLyle posted:

Just bland - the character mentions she's trans, Marten goes, "oh, okay", and then it's pretty much never mentioned again.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SlothfulCobra posted:

Badlix has gone above and beyond for something that isn't even an april fools' day gag.

quote:

Perry takes a walk around Wood World, contemplating a confession he needs to make... (Pog shipping, set to the lyrics of Mad World by the band Donnie Darkco)
"Mad World by the band Donnie Darkco" is just perfect. :allears:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

DaveWoo posted:

Just bland - the character mentions she's trans, Marten goes, "oh, okay", and then it's pretty much never mentioned again.

so bland not even the characters can give a poo poo

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

NorgLyle posted:

it's straight up 'Neuromancer, just not the interesting parts where things happen' and the blond spaz girl is a literal Tessier-Ashpool, which is the funniest longrunning joke in comics but also not one that really requires you to actually read it

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Am I going to have to do another QC minus Garfield again?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There are some genuinely fun and interesting things on the periphery of QC, but the comic's main problem is that it's centered around a bland, normal person and his bland, normal life. I liked some of it when I was reading it, but large parts of it are so boring that I wanted to chew my arm off to escape. It doesn't help that it's a gag a day comic, but half of the jokes are just average wit from friends joking around with eachother.

I guess it's great at selling t-shirts though.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Ironically, its current arc is about an underground robot fighting ring.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Tenebrais posted:

Ironically, its current arc is about an underground robot fighting ring.

I stopped reading about when that started because gently caress, he couldn't even make that interesting

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Oh my god they actually made it. :drat:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

majormonotone posted:

I stopped reading about when that started because gently caress, he couldn't even make that interesting

at one point the cast is transported up to the Villa Straylight and they spend the entire time making limp banter about their sex lives and barely even acknowledge the gigantic space station or the superintelligent AI running it

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 17, 2015

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I like QC but I managed to be offended by the arc that was all about Dora forgiving her brother his wrongs, even though he'd never actually been seen wronging her or mentioned as wronging her in the entire comic.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I hate myself enough that I punched-in the number of the comic. DRUMROLL: "Next time, can I keep my glasses on?"

It is a terrible comic in every regard, that it's so try-hard about being inoffensive and le'progressive that it's offensive to the senses.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Marten's super-sweet romance with Claire is a bit pandering, but really trans people are born two drinks under par as far as being pandered to goes, so I'm pretty cool with it.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I don't mind Jeph's attempts to pander to transgender people because we never get jack poo poo, I'm just annoyed that he's treated like the greatest, most progressive cartoonist ever when does something like "transwomen exist!"

Also I think he's friends with Aaron Diaz which, lol

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
To be fair isn't Kate Beaton a personal friend of Diaz too? Maybe he's really nice in person.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It is, generally, inadvisable to judge a thing based on its fans.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

mycot posted:

To be fair isn't Kate Beaton a personal friend of Diaz too? Maybe he's really nice in person.

He's one of the nicest persons around.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I think Ryan North is too. Probably also, like, Christopher Hastings and Danielle Corsetto and all of the Webcomic Famous crew. I'm sure he's a perfectly nice guy in person, or whatever, but on the Internet he just comes across as a creepy weirdo with a badly written webcomic that updates once a year (unless he's actually updating at a regular pace now, I don't really keep up with him for obvious reasons)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

QC still better minus garfield.

Why do we have to have this conversation every time it comes up?

• Locked thread