Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrax
Oct 9, 2012

So, I've been travelling with Piper and got to the part where you go to the BoS airship and was really surprised to see Nat standing around there and now she follows me whenever I have Piper around. I'm not really sure whats going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Wow, building up new bases is a million times more convenient with Local Leader 1 and Supply Lines.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

did they take out 'let's go sunning' in the radio playlist

i mean they still got anything goes so they got the #1 song but then forgot to bring back the #2 song
also it feels like they added a lot of songs from the GNR extended mod but maybe i'm insane idk

i guess for gameplay discussion: this game is kinda super disappointing as a RPG in the sense of like character defining or freedom of choice affecting the world in tangible ways
but it's almost made up by how dang fun lasers are drat they're real satisfying in this game. i wish the laser musket stayed relevant for longer as a viable weapon because it's hilarious- i never noticed that it's a makeshift lasergun stuck on top of an actual musket until now

edit:

Broken Cog posted:

Wow, building up new bases is a million times more convenient with Local Leader 1 and Supply Lines.

how do you use that perk? i got it and haven't really screwed around with it. what does it do, anyways?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
So apparently some non-hostile generic NPCs can spawn as Legendary, too. I just went back to the Cambridge Station and there was a Legendary Brotherhood Aspirant wandering around.

If this happens to you, btw, you can pick their pocket to examine their special drop and even steal it.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

My little sister was doing the quest to help the radio guy and during the bar fight she switched to fists to make it look real but it made gunshot noises and they exploded into blood even though she just punched them and her companion didn't shoot them and then the bartender yelled at her. Player Choice Ftw.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Are there chests or places where I can stored my unused loot and mats? Dogmeat is running out of space

Maxwellsdemon
Nov 12, 2007
meh
Grimey Drawer

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

My little sister was doing the quest to help the radio guy and during the bar fight she switched to fists to make it look real but it made gunshot noises and they exploded into blood even though she just punched them and her companion didn't shoot them and then the bartender yelled at her. Player Choice Ftw.

Fists are just bigger slower bullets

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Zombies' Downfall posted:

So apparently some non-hostile generic NPCs can spawn as Legendary, too. I just went back to the Cambridge Station and there was a Legendary Brotherhood Aspirant wandering around.

If this happens to you, btw, you can pick their pocket to examine their special drop and even steal it.

i had two legendary brotherhood knights spawn during the final quest. needless to say they made it really easy by instagibbing everyone with their miniguns

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I only just learned that Nick can hack terminals for you. I never have to play that pain in the rear end minigame again, thank christ.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Fereydun posted:

edit:

how do you use that perk? i got it and haven't really screwed around with it. what does it do, anyways?

Walk up to one of your settlers in construction mode and press Q to have him establish a supply line to another settlement. All settlements linked by supply lines will automatically share resources like food and water between them, and the inventories of their workshops are linked as well. You can link several settlements together in a long line and they'll all count as linked to all other ones in the same network.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I only just learned that Nick can hack terminals for you. I never have to play that pain in the rear end minigame again, thank christ.

he can also lockpick for you iirc.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does this game have equitable back packs? I noticed some of the npcs have them and I want one.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Calaveron posted:

Are there chests or places where I can stored my unused loot and mats? Dogmeat is running out of space

Furniture > Storage has a bunch of stuff, including a floor safe.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Calaveron posted:

I've been storing my random crap in a dresser in my house, hasn't disappeared yet. Or just shove it in a workbench.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

The Iron Rose posted:

There might be, actually! Try loading fallout4.esm in TESVSnip or FO3Edit and look at GMSTs, see what you find!

How do I open these files in FO3Edit? I have never messed with these before.

I got it open in TESVSnip, anything that would be better in FO3Edit?

E: I have no clue what Im looking at / for... never done any modding for the beth games.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Nov 14, 2015

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I love the super mutants in this dumb game.

"NICE TRY!!"

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Does the final level of bloody mess cause other dudes to just die regardless of their health if they are near a dude you just killed and they exploded?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Lady Naga posted:

If you shove 'em back into the things you took them from, they'll be recharged.

Not sure if you're repeating a debunked hoax still or if this is a metaphor about rape.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What is this swan thingahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Easy to miss, but the Classical Radio has some really nice music on there. Ride of the Valkyries is of course when you call in air support.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

mlmp08 posted:

Not sure if you're repeating a debunked hoax still or if this is a metaphor about rape.

Most things are about rape, really.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Lady Naga posted:

Most things are about rape, really.

I can agree with that.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

so apparently the teddy bear head doesn't actually count as head armor.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

I just cheated in a chem station in sanctuary, gently caress that.

Not necessary, the house that belonged to a secret drug dealer in Sanctuary has a Chem Station hidden behind it. In Workbench mode you can pick it up and move it next to the rest of your crafting stations.

EDIT: Codworth does not judge you for being a cannibal! Nice. Gotta undo that hunger-induced paranoia, after all!

Speedball fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Nov 14, 2015

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Judge Tesla posted:

I don't think you'd be able to use any 50's era songs then.

My dad has this old national geographic describing an expedition in Alaska to find a volcano, the native guide is one of my ancestors and they described him as "a keen native intelligence," and was very complimentary about him, if extremely racist. The culture during the 50's was very racist and misogynistic by our standards, but I look forward to being prejudiced against cyborgs.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Honestly I'd be much happier if they replaced all the songs with The Wanderer.

e: Big Iron can stay too.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

My dad has this old national geographic describing an expedition in Alaska to find a volcano, the native guide is one of my ancestors and they described him as "a keen native intelligence," and was very complimentary about him, if extremely racist. The culture during the 50's was very racist and misogynistic by our standards, but I look forward to being prejudiced against cyborgs.

God, I'm gonna be racist against people made of radio waves, aren't I?

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

sitchelin posted:

I found a room in Fort Strong with a Fat Man. You can catch a glimpse of it through debris, so I ran circles around the place trying to get in there. I got frustrated and noclipped in and that room literally has no legit entrance or exit, but plenty of bunkbeds in adjacent rooms with loot. That room is literally a guntease. You can't get in without cheating.

Is that the fort that has a lower level door elevator access seems blocked off by debris and cabinets? I was sort of assuming those magically disappear via plot magic at some point.

EDIT: Also, I want a mod that destroys a weapon by breaking it down into its component mods.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I pthought this game was about headshotting raider scum, desperately searching for screws, and stealing bobby pins out of npc's pockets, not rape and 50's style misogynist :shrug:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Agoat posted:

I love the super mutants in this dumb game.

"NICE TRY!!"

I like that they all don't sound like brain dead idiots this time around.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I had a legendary knight drop from a vertibird. Hoo boy, was that some chaotically fun times. He eventually got taken out by a mutant suicider along with the rest of his squad. They had like 300 fusion cells on them too.

Also, goddamnit. The radio transmitter at Castle is still bugged. loving hell. This better not ruin my game or cut me off from any content.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Nov 14, 2015

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
I feel like I've been hacked and slashed and had my meat chopped for the last 5 pages of this thread.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I didn't realise this but apparently entire sections of the game can revert almost entirely (maybe due to quest stuff?) even after you've cleared them.

I cleared super duper mart, including the power armour raider on the balcony near the entrance early on. Later I got the Brotherhood mission to clear that map and when I went back there all of the mobs had returned, as had almost all of the loot. It was really weird. Power armour guy was there again with his Fat Man etc - the only things that were missing were the fusion core in the basement and the armour on the brotherhood corpse at the end (both of which I looted on my first clearing)

I'm really rather surprised by this. I swear neither previous fallouts or skyrim worked this way and it's really weird to have everything respawn in a zone. Has anyone seen this happen elsewhere or is it just this one location?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Chalks posted:

I didn't realise this but apparently entire sections of the game can revert almost entirely (maybe due to quest stuff?) even after you've cleared them.

I cleared super duper mart, including the power armour raider on the balcony near the entrance early on. Later I got the Brotherhood mission to clear that map and when I went back there all of the mobs had returned, as had almost all of the loot. It was really weird. Power armour guy was there again with his Fat Man etc - the only things that were missing were the fusion core in the basement and the armour on the brotherhood corpse at the end (both of which I looted on my first clearing)

I'm really rather surprised by this. I swear neither previous fallouts or skyrim worked this way and it's really weird to have everything respawn in a zone. Has anyone seen this happen elsewhere or is it just this one location?

When dungeons are uncleared they seem to get all of their static loot back, yeah. Though the mob composition can change. If it didn't work that way people who played one save forever would eventually run out of junk to repair and build with.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Hot Jam posted:

I feel like I've been hacked and slashed and had my meat chopped for the last 5 pages of this thread.
or in lady naga's words, raped

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Chalks posted:

Actually Skyrim pulled this crap all of the time if you've explored a lot of places. There's only so many areas to clean out, eventually the game has to recycle them.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Idiot Savant is kind of OP if you get it to proc on a quest turn in. Almost 1k for getting everyone back to sanctuary. I am almost level 10 because of it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sitchelin posted:

Actually Skyrim pulled this crap all of the time if you've explored a lot of places. There's only so many places to clean out, eventually the game has to recycle a few places.

The previous fallout games also did it.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

sitchelin posted:

Actually Skyrim pulled this crap all of the time if you've explored a lot of places. There's only so many areas to clean out, eventually the game has to recycle them.

Fair enough. Felt really weird because a load of other missions let you just say "oh yeah I've already done it" when you get the mission later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Andrast posted:

The previous fallout games also did it.
actors yes, scenery no

• Locked thread