Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Parkingtigers posted:

My biggest question is if future teams will only be purchasable with coins. These first two were used as pre-order bonuses, and the coin shop wasn't set up. There's a good chance they may make it so all DLC is coins only, forcing you to buy into the nonsense fake currency.

Aren't the preorder teams already avaiable as DLC for cash (not Cyans) though? That would seem to be a precedent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Picked up blood bowl Chaos when it was on sale a week or so ago. Hoping BB2 will eventually get all the races but until then looking forward to this!

Rogue
May 11, 2002

Leave your BB2 woes behind and join the FUMBBL legion.

Streaming now for a few games! https://www.twitch.tv/jmadman311

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Is there any meaningful difference between Blood Bowl Legendary Edition and Chaos Edition other than extra teams? Also, is anyone still playing Cyanide BB1?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Is there any meaningful difference between Blood Bowl Legendary Edition and Chaos Edition other than extra teams? Also, is anyone still playing Cyanide BB1?

No clue I assume you can play either version (I hope so). I plan on starting a league with friends.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Legendary and chaos edition players can play each other online just fine so no.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
whens the next bloodbowl patch coming out

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
first game of bloodbowl ever:

Turn 1

I accidentally roll a 1 die block because I gently caress up fumbbl controls. It -AGIs his chaos warrior.

Splode fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Nov 13, 2015

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Just played this 1800TV chaos team. I get to attack first but my opponent gets the Blitz kick-off event, and he attempts to push one of my peasants towards the sideline with his Blitzin Minotaur, just knocking him over.
My turn I surround his solo Minotaur, knock him down and foul him with my Dirty Player peasant. Injury -Str, and he disconnects.

Mission accomplished.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Evernoob posted:

Just played this 1800TV chaos team. I get to attack first but my opponent gets the Blitz kick-off event, and he attempts to push one of my peasants towards the sideline with his Blitzin Minotaur, just knocking him over.
My turn I surround his solo Minotaur, knock him down and foul him with my Dirty Player peasant. Injury -Str, and he disconnects.

Mission accomplished.

I love those stories. Just played a game where a chaos boy had like 350 more tv than me. I hired my man Thorg and proceeded to beat him so hard he conceded on the 2nd half.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Great news for the grumpy guy who was saying BB only makes sense when played with your mates round a table.

Rogue
May 11, 2002

Saturday FUMBBL stream is go. Gonna try to get some games with HUMANS

https://www.twitch.tv/jmadman311

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Oh poo poo, they're bringing Necromunda back too? Score.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
anyone who plays dwarves is scum

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Cool,

Just played against an Orc player with an AGI5 thrower and two Agi 4 blitzers, both with Nerves of Steel.
Respect! I won anyway but it was quite refreshing to play against something different. If he skills up his key players some more, and drops 2 of his rerolls it will be a very tough team to beat.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

All I did was kill a single troll slayer. He then proceeded to perm two of my linos and then rage quit after snaking a foul.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
hosed up, perms havent been in style for like 20 years

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Oh man, I just had a pretty great reversal. My fledgling chaos team up against lizards with some 290 higher TV than me. I already prepared myself to get good and proper reamed, and to top it off this happened after a turn one pitch invasion:

But then it seemed like Nuffle wanted to make up for it, giving me plenty of injuries. A few crowdsurfs on top of that, and soon enough things looked like this:

Alas it was still a 1:1 because I got just little too greedy. He managed to put a skink next to my carrier in the very last turn, and I figured it'd be safe enough to do a 3d blitz on it. Promptly triple-skulled, reroll didn't have a pow either, and then I failed the dodge with the carrier.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Nov 14, 2015

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I've unexpectedly found something that is hilarious in BB2. Diving Tackle. We all know it, few use it. Mostly it's seen on agility access only players like skinks or goblins. But let me tell you, it is great on teams where you have to spend doubles for it, and the other guy doesn't expect it. I have 3 diving tackle dwarf long beards, and it is amazing. It trips up elves, it makes ag 3 players freeze in fear, and the best part I think is that it is kind of a sneaky skill. When you plot out a dodge cyanide gives you the percents every step of the way, but those percent pop ups do not take into account Diving Tackle. So you can see some avg ag3 guy planning a 3+ dodge to move around and then BAM! it's a 5+. I love it.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Main problem with diving tackle on dwarfs is their main weakness is other stronger bash teams which diving tackle doesent help with at all. Dwarfs have a pretty strong defence against elves already so its not that nececary. Though I've always played around with the idea of giving diving tackle to the orc troll or black orc since they dont really need that much bash help.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the main argument for DT is that it is hilarious, not that it is Functionally Valuable

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Iretep posted:

Main problem with diving tackle on dwarfs is their main weakness is other stronger bash teams which diving tackle doesent help with at all. Dwarfs have a pretty strong defence against elves already so its not that nececary. Though I've always played around with the idea of giving diving tackle to the orc troll or black orc since they dont really need that much bash help.

Consider the Dorf strat vs Elves:

On Offense: rub mans, hope they fail a 2+ early in their turn.
On Defense: rub mans, hope they fail a 2+ early in their turn.

Seems like a good idea to me.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Iretep posted:

Dwarfs have a pretty strong defence against elves already so its not that nececary.

Letting them dodge off at a 2+ while they move twice as fast as you is not a strong defense. Diving tackle is a must to keep dodge off elf BS to a minimum.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Victor Vermis posted:

Consider the Dorf strat vs Elves:

On Offense: rub mans, hope they fail a 2+ early in their turn.
On Defense: rub mans, hope they fail a 2+ early in their turn.

Seems like a good idea to me.

Oh its a good idea against elves definetly. My point is as dwarves I'm not afraid of elves. I can just 2-1 grind them and they cant even leap to strip ball me since I have a blodge sure hander carrying the ball. What I'm afraid of is ST4 players and claw.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I just had the saddest cord pull ever. My 2130 dwarfs got matched up vs 1030 humans. Dude buys Morg, Zug, everything. We line up and kick off, it looks like the guy is going to play the game out. He takes 5 blocks on the line of scrimmage, no knock downs and then cordpulls. God drat it. What an absurd game I would have loved to play out.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Just started a fresh Skaven team in the NAF. 1350TV Chaos, but mostly upgraded with Block and stuff.
I manage to score turn 5. He has possession the whole second half but decides to score turn 15, which gives me exactly two turns to score.
I receive, set up my BC gutter runner in a cage on the 8yard line and watch him set up a double line defense in front of me.

My best course gives me 50%,50% and 2x GFI, with dodge. 2-1 victory. Rats rule.

My Storm Vermin got MVP and levels up. I gave him guard like I always do on players that have STR access, but in retrospect i'm not sure I should have as there won't be enough guard around to make it matter, and if I blitz it will usually be with these Storm Vermin anyway.
What skills should I give them? ClawPOMB?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
You can make them killers, but they're better, imo, as guard rats since you're probably going to wind up outnumbered on the pitch against anyone even passingly bashy and PO gets to be a bigger liability at that point. Tackle and mighty blow are good anyways, and, dodge, fend, gently caress even grab for shits and giggles, are all good skills on them.

Guide I read that I generally agree with is that you should use blitzers more for utility and make your gutter runners more aggressive blitzey types instead, which entails handing them guard on the first double. It's handy, so if you follow with that logic you can end up with a decent amount of guard possessing skaven.

http://bbtactics.com/gutter-runners/

Cpt Stabbin
Jul 16, 2003

I ride zee boat and take it in zee poopah!
Help. I can't stop playing wood elves. They are so much fun. But drat the injuries. It's like feeding SPPs to other coaches.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Don't rub it in, I didn't even know BB2 was released and I only got the free Lizardmen.
The wood elves are DLC now, but I refuse to pay 7€ for just one team.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Evernoob posted:

Just started a fresh Skaven team in the NAF. 1350TV Chaos, but mostly upgraded with Block and stuff.
I manage to score turn 5. He has possession the whole second half but decides to score turn 15, which gives me exactly two turns to score.
I receive, set up my BC gutter runner in a cage on the 8yard line and watch him set up a double line defense in front of me.

My best course gives me 50%,50% and 2x GFI, with dodge. 2-1 victory. Rats rule.

My Storm Vermin got MVP and levels up. I gave him guard like I always do on players that have STR access, but in retrospect i'm not sure I should have as there won't be enough guard around to make it matter, and if I blitz it will usually be with these Storm Vermin anyway.
What skills should I give them? ClawPOMB?

Guard is actually really useful on skaven because while you're usually only going to have your blitz as a block, your decreasing player count makes getting the necessary assists difficult at times. Building them into a clawpomb murder piece is a solid idea to try and remove a few key opponent pieces, but such a piece is going to be in competition with your gunners for the blitz, and especially on defense your gunners will often want the blitz to knock the ball loose.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
I'm also really fond of horns/frenzy/tackle/strip SV. Might not be the most murdery guy, but he'll get a ball out more times than not. Then your gunners run in and you get a touchdown because skaven.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I always get Tackle first skill on at least one blitzer because, without it, dodge guys (and whole dodge teams) are so so so annoying. I probably overpriotize it tbh.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I love to have at least one Tackle/Wrestle/Strip Ball guy on my teams. Wrestle is a highly underappreciated skill to have. The Wrestle/Strip Ball combo will get the ball loose 5/6 times (unless the BC has sure hands). Tackle obviously does what it always does.

This worked really well on my Bretonnian Blockers. afterwards one of my Blitzers just had to pick the ball up.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
How does the Horns/Dauntless interaction work?

Does dauntless give you equal STR and then horns give you a 2db?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Nope, horns first then dauntless. So it makes the dauntless roll 1 easier but that's it. IIRC it's one of the skill interactions which is specifically defined in the rules

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
In short when you block a player with dauntless, you always want to have at least 1 assist. That way you get a 2dB

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
So uh.. something is wrong with my Bretonian team....

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Jade Star posted:

Eh, only a flesh wound :v:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Jade Star posted:

Looks like they're a head of the competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I had one of my lvl 6 Blitzers die last night to a GFI .... good thing my Apothecary was having a good day and saved his rear end.

THANKS DOC! (always thank him, it's good Karma)

Faced a very strong orc team. All his orcs were lvl 3 or 4. Block/Guard/Tackle on most with some speciality skills like Mighty Blow or Frenzy. I was more than glad I pulled off a Tie.
4 Blorcs, 4 Blitzers, 2 Throwers and one Lineman. That's a pretty stong setup

• Locked thread