Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bizarro Buddha
Feb 11, 2007
Thanks, it definitely looks like the HG Victory I can find, I can't find an MG Victory though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zedd posted:

It's a Victory gundam, Details and quite a few parts from the dash pack make me think MG.

The base for scale inclines me to agree with you.

Thing looks about the size of a large high grade. Much too big for the HG Victory.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Bizarro Buddha posted:

Thanks, it definitely looks like the HG Victory I can find, I can't find an MG Victory though.

Really? It's everywhere.

Bizarro Buddha
Feb 11, 2007

It's probably because they call that kit V Gundam and the HG kit Victory Gundam and I'm a fake gundam boy who knows nothing

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bizarro Buddha posted:

It's probably because they call that kit V Gundam and the HG kit Victory Gundam and I'm a fake gundam boy who knows nothing

Also doesn't help that a lot of people represent the Greek letter "nu" as a lowercase "v".

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Midjack posted:

Also doesn't help that a lot of people represent the Greek letter "nu" as a lowercase "v".

And then you add in the Turn A Gundam, and it's just a mess.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Ka0 posted:

Critique, comment, react, like, dislike, hate, attack. I took a Revive RX78 and kinda turned into a ground-type testbed. I overweathered it but I tried to make it look cool.

(Pics here.)

I'll try harder next time.

Only try harder you need is that head. Turquoise :psyduck:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I made a nerdy story... in which the land crew had to replace the head covers but didn't have the time to paint it so they just rust-coated and deployed it.

e: imgur stopped sucking long enough to post 2 extra pics:

Ka0 fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 15, 2015

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

^EDIT: Oh. Well, carry on then. Jokes on me for not hitting "preview."

Ka0 posted:

Critique, comment, react, like, dislike, hate, attack. I took a Revive RX78 and kinda turned into a ground-type testbed. I overweathered it but I tried to make it look cool.

[snip]

I'll try harder next time.

This is super cool!

I just have one comment, and it kind of agrees with this

Warmachine posted:

Only try harder you need is that head. Turquoise :psyduck:

The color does stand out a lot, especially since there's not much other similarly-colored surfaces to give it the feel of a proper color scheme.

Another thing about the head is that it looks a little too clean compared to the rest of it. While not a lot of erosion is going to happen there compared to contact surfaces, joints, and thruster ports, it does feel a little out of place to have a nearly-pristine area of relatively saturated color distracting from all the hard work on the body.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I like the blue head. Even ithout Ka0's ecplanation, it suggests that there's a backstory. Like C-3P0s silver leg

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
Decided to pick up Quattro's blingmobile in HG form. I know it can barely move, but I like the original proportions over the updated Delta-esque ones.

Speaking of which, I also picked up the Mega Shiki.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

boom boom boom posted:

I like the blue head. Even ithout Ka0's ecplanation, it suggests that there's a backstory. Like C-3P0s silver leg

I think that idea works better with an arm or leg rather than the head, because of asymmetry. Just the head makes it look like a part od the normal design.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Okay, this is cute.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah, knowing there's an idea behind it makes it go from jarring to neat.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

not pointy enough

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

not pointy enough

Any pointier and it would be the Perfect Porcupine Gundam. Legitimately curious how the articulation is done in the feet.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

From the looks of it, the kit turns its feet around then angles the sole up. The little arches on the Unicorn's ankles then turn around to support the weight.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Just finished building my Hi-Mock. Oh my god these things are so amazing. :aaa:

How the hell does this thing come on three runners.

I'm buying more of them. So much painting and kitbashing in the near future. I wonder how a Hy-Mokk would look.

Lanz
May 30, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

And then you add in the Turn A Gundam, and it's just a mess.

I think we got basis for a triple unit kitbash in the making here.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I can't possibly fit enough :flashfap:s into this post, so I'm not even gonna try.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I secretly wish they made kits that big.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Yawgmoft posted:

Your wallet says gently caress off.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

TaurusOxford posted:

Your wallet says gently caress off.

If Bandai made a kit that big, I can't imagine it'd be much more expensive that a Warlord Titan.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

If Bandai made a kit that big, I can't imagine it'd be much more expensive that a Warlord Titan.

Yawgmoft posted:

Well, technically it is a kit, just a G-System kit. And you can even buy it if you want!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Electric Lady posted:

Just finished building my Hi-Mock. Oh my god these things are so amazing. :aaa:

How the hell does this thing come on three runners.

I'm buying more of them. So much painting and kitbashing in the near future. I wonder how a Hy-Mokk would look.

There's only one way to find out! :getin:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Yawgmoft posted:

Well, if you all you wanted was a big loving mobile suit...

I mean, it's a foot shorter, sure, but it's still pretty huge.

There's also mega scale models, which "only" weigh in somewhere around 15 inches, but they're big enough to dwarf a perfect grade. Plus, all the kits I've mentioned cost less than a PS4. Don't get me wrong, it's an absurd, irresponsible way to spend money, but it's a large entertainment item level of expense, not a games workshop or, well, 1/35 EX-S level where you have to live in the shipping container for the kit after.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
They made a maega size Gundam AGE2.

they really thought people wer gonna like that show

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah, it's a really weird bit, the whole thing.

If I remember right, Level 5 went to Bandai saying "Hey, we make games. We had an idea for a Gundam game. Does that sound good?" and Bandai said "Game? Screw that! You just made our next TV show!"

Huge push. Multiple master grades in development, ton of new and revived sublines, ranging from mega scale models to a new beginner level of kit, arcade booths across Japan designed to interact with the toys, 49 episode anime. Just all in, committed from the word go.

And it flopped on pretty much every level.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
They forgot the part where you had to get a lead writer who wasn't utterly incompetent.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Said writer is also the prez and CEO of Level-5 so nobody was willing or able to admit to him that he cannot write worth a drat. Or that his attitudes about women are really hosed up, even for a franchise like Gundam.

Akihiro Hino is a cunning businessman but that's about as far as his talents go.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
The AGE MGs weren't even that great. Age-2 Normal is probably one of the most dissappointing MGs I have ever built. For something that has a barebones transformation, it really has a floppy feel to it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

AGE-1 got a mega size. AGE-2 never went higher than MG.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Midjack posted:

AGE-1 got a mega size. AGE-2 never went higher than MG.

http://www.amazon.com/Model-Gundam-AGE-2-Normal-scale/dp/B0071QGXHK/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1447653238&sr=8-8&keywords=mega+size

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Huh. Never saw that before.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think the best no grade big kit is the 1/60 freedom. It was so big and cheap with plenty of guns.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

chiasaur11 posted:

Yeah, it's a really weird bit, the whole thing.

If I remember right, Level 5 went to Bandai saying "Hey, we make games. We had an idea for a Gundam game. Does that sound good?" and Bandai said "Game? Screw that! You just made our next TV show!"

Huge push. Multiple master grades in development, ton of new and revived sublines, ranging from mega scale models to a new beginner level of kit, arcade booths across Japan designed to interact with the toys, 49 episode anime. Just all in, committed from the word go.

And it flopped on pretty much every level.

The massive commitment from Bandai isn't surprising at all, Level 5 created Danball Senki and Inuzama 11, which are both massive successes in the children's entertainment market both in media (games + tv shows) and in merchandising. After Gundam AGE they made Yo-Kai Watch, another massive success. If anything, AGE is the bizarre one for being such a failure.

TaurusOxford posted:

The AGE MGs weren't even that great.

I've heard good things about the AGE-1 MG's engineering.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I can't possibly fit enough :flashfap:s into this post, so I'm not even gonna try.

Jesus H. Christ. That gives new meaning to the word "excess."

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

Jesus H. Christ. That gives new meaning to the word "excess."

One might even say... EX-S?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Note to self: stop buying plamo kits and start assembling plamo kits:

:negative:

(Not pictured: the HG Origin Tri-Stars Zaku II and Z'Gok-E currently in the mail, and the MG Victory 2 and Graze on preorder.)

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Red Bones posted:

I've heard good things about the AGE-1 MG's engineering.

MG AGE-1 is a god drat marvel.

MG AGE-1 Titus and Spallow are just meh.