Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron and EU reform – The government has signalled that it is prepared to amend a plan to impose a four-year ban on EU migrants claiming in-work benefits, in a move that would allow David Cameron to campaign “with all my heart and soul” to keep Britain in the EU"

Telegraph:

Independent:

George Osborne in conflict with Iain Duncan Smith over universal credit

Times:

Mail:

Guardian Sport:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
drat, sport-man with the politics.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Football cartoon best cartoon

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
David Squires :allears:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
"Paid £80 million a second, never even done a war"

Beautiful.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Squires is the best.

I couldn't find the exact macro that I'm sure he's based his on, but I've found this instead.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Good lad.

There's probably never going to be a national anthem for the UK or a regional one for England, so the best approach is to either not sing it, or cook up another set of words to the royal anthem. Maybe based on My Country, 'Tis of Thee.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Guavanaut posted:

Good lad.

There's probably never going to be a national anthem for the UK or a regional one for England, so the best approach is to either not sing it, or cook up another set of words to the royal anthem. Maybe based on My Country, 'Tis of Thee.

I am 90% sure he never said anything like that. I'm not even sure if he's still reluctant to sing the anthem. I remember reading about it several years ago and I think he didn't want to comment on it. But then I don't follow football at all.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Coohoolin posted:

Surely there's a way to take Scottish Labour votes or opinions into account a major issue like Trident without completely devolving defence (something that would never happen) without just going "lol you're a pointless party branch in North Britain".

you could have some sort of annual conference where delegates from Scottish branches get to vote on the policy for the party to adopt

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Jeremy Corbyn and the Queen – Labour leader attends ceremony to join privy council but does not follow tradition of kneeling before monarch"

Telegraph:

Migrant crisis: More drown as EU leaders meet in Malta

Independent:

Times:

Modigliani nude painting sells for $170.4m in New York

But now...
:yayclod::britain::siren: TIME TO VOTE FOR THE [BRITISH] POLITICAL CARTOON OF THE YEAR!!!!! :siren::britain::yayclod:

Yep, those nice peeps at the Ellwood Atfield Gallery are running the Political Cartoon Of The Year 2015 competition, and you can cast a vote! I think! Click here, scroll down, peruse the 28 entries (including lots that don't get posted here) and do a little democracy!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Of course the nominated Mac is awful, because Mac. Though I'm also not sure about the Bell they've nominated.

Ended up going for the Riddell, rewarding him for one the cartoons he labelled the least this year. So well done to him for that.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Voted for the Ridell too. Runner up was the Labour donkey one.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I'm not a great fan of any of those tbh.

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012
I think after decades of drawing the royal family, steve bell finally drew an appropriately cute corgi

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson's trip to Israel and the Palestinian territories – A visit by London’s mayor to the occupied Palestinian territories was cut short by his hosts in protest at a series of strongly pro-Israel remarks made by the Conservative MP during his visit" After Brueghel.

Telegraph:

Donald Tusk: Deal on UK's EU renegotiation 'very tough'

Independent:

Ex-PMs Gordon Brown & John Major condemn Osborne’s attacks on welfare

Times:

George Osborne 'wants Treasury oversight of Trident'

Mail:
Mac on... The Indian Prime Minister's visit

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Oh my, is it another gently caress Off Mac?

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
Jesus I don't think it would be possible to draw the queen any worse. It looks like she has a Homer Simpson beard and a Pinocchio nose...

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

And a gently caress Off Times as well. How dare Corbyn do the thing we all gave him poo poo for not doing.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Prince Philip got burned. Back to Greece with you, highness.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I guess what this cartoon's trying to say is that the next prime minister is going to come from Asia or possibly Australia.

just so long as it's not Tony Abbot okay

e: although if it is Tony Abbot then maybe we can encourage David Pope to move up here, everybody wins

Angepain fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Nov 13, 2015

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Guavanaut posted:

Oh my, is it another gently caress Off Mac?
We should just buy an emote, to be honest. :v:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It should be a dancing witch doctor mask with gently caress OFF MAC scrolling endlessly past in Daily Mail cartoon caption font, bbcode :fuckoffmac:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That's exactly what I was thinking, only in the Mail's Schwabacher instead of their cartoon caption font.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

You're totally right, someone make this happen please.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Pilchenstein posted:

We should just buy an emote, to be honest. :v:

It already exists :regd08:

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Angepain posted:

Tony Abbott's an export, born in London. Australian Prime Minister before him was Welsh of course.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
gently caress off Mac.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:smithcloud:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on drone strike in Syria – US and UK officials report aerial attack in Raqqa resulted in death of infamous Islamic State murderer Mohammed Emwazi"

Telegraph:

Angela Merkel's future under scrutiny for the first time as German asylum process criticised

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Lib Dems are lonely and Carmichael's a twat, I guess?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Probably about this
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/nov/09/lib-dem-mp-admits-to-untruthfulness-over-sturgeon-memo-leak

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Ah yes, I'd forgotten that was going on.

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

quote:

At least someone's talking about what a poo poo Modi is and no just going "LOL HE'S INDIAN"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Paris attacks: defiant Marianne cradles her dead - Chris Riddell on the terrorist outrages in the French capital"

Sunday Telegraph:

After Low.

Independent on Sunday:

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Angepain posted:

I guess what this cartoon's trying to say is that the next prime minister is going to come from Asia or possibly Australia.

e: although if it is Tony Abbot then maybe we can encourage David Pope to move up here, everybody wins

https://twitter.com/davpope he might be worth it

e: is there an appropriate place to discuss Ana Telnaes?

stephenfry fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Nov 15, 2015

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
And no cartoons with anything to say today.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Cloud Potato posted:

Sunday Telegraph:

After Low.

Is that Obama drawn as George W Bush on the left there? Did he just never update his President stencil 7 years ago?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

None of them are great but that Indy one is just awful.

Ann Telnaes' stuff is regularly posted in the main politoons thread, she's generally pretty well thought of.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent on Sunday:

i don't know what this one is trying to say.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
A Thing Happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Cerv posted:

i don't know what this one is trying to say.

The red of the tricolore represents fraternité; the cartoonist is voicing the concern that France will respond to the attacks by becoming more xenophobic and distrustful.

Kurtofan posted:

A Thing Happened

Just kidding, it's this.

• Locked thread