Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Montella rescinded his contract with Fiorentina, he's now signing for Sampdoria. Happy to see him training again.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

canepazzo posted:

Montella rescinded his contract with Fiorentina, he's now signing for Sampdoria. Happy to see him training again.

Good to see him back in the league.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Would have been hilarious if they had swapped him for Soriano like the papers were saying.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Apparently Samp has denied contract detail finalization but everyone suspects he'll get the job come Monday or tomorrow.

I can't wait for them to play Viola at home because I am 100% positive he is going to get a standing ovation and welcome. I wish I could be there :allears:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Oh. I've been out of the net for he past few days. I had my second son, well my wife did all the work. Thankfully he had the foresight to come during an international break and not during league play.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Soulex posted:

Oh. I've been out of the net for he past few days. I had my second son, well my wife did all the work. Thankfully he had the foresight to come during an international break and not during league play.

/raises glass

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Soulex posted:

fully sick having multiple sons is gods work

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Thanks guys

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Goongrats Soulex

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Nice work Soulex, well done to your wife for doing it during the international break as well.

In other news, Padoin is out for three weeks with a thigh strain. RIP Juve.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Nice work Soulex, well done to your wife for doing it during the international break as well.

In other news, Padoin is out for three weeks with a thigh strain. RIP Juve.

In 21 days the tomb shall be rolled open, the Scudetto race resurrected

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Congrats Soulex

trem_two posted:

In 21 days the tomb shall be rolled open, the Scudetto race resurrected

Amen

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Mazel Tov, Soulex!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

maybe soulex's son will grow up to be a neo-padoin and complete TRP circle of life

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Congratulations Soulex!

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Congratulazioni!

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Soulex posted:

grats

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Wow, thanks again guys. Means a lot.

Also glad to see Montella coaching again.

Present from the brother in law

Soulex fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 16, 2015

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Soulex posted:

Wow, thanks again guys. Means a lot.

Also glad to see Montella coaching again.

Present from the brother in law

brunello di montalcino is probably my favorite wine in the whole world good work

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

*puts on snob glasses* that's a dope producer and 2007 was a dope year...wait until your kid is like at least 5 to drink it please

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Wouldn't the cork need replacing by then?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

actually nvm anyway the 2007's are supposed to be ready to drink its the 06's that are tannic still so go for it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

straight up brolic posted:

actually nvm anyway the 2007's are supposed to be ready to drink its the 06's that are tannic still so go for it.

Right on. We have a Brunello Riserva that's 2007 too, but we are opening hat next year. We've been saving it for about three years. We had one where the cork completely hosed the wine though. I wanna say it was an early Santa Christina or a different Tuscan. The cork was literally falling apart inside the bottle. The wine was still good but the experience was pretty ruined when you get a surprise chunk lodged in your throat.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Soulex posted:

Right on. We have a Brunello Riserva that's 2007 too, but we are opening hat next year. We've been saving it for about three years. We had one where the cork completely hosed the wine though. I wanna say it was an early Santa Christina or a different Tuscan. The cork was literally falling apart inside the bottle. The wine was still good but the experience was pretty ruined when you get a surprise chunk lodged in your throat.
that's awful! sounds like a problem cork or you exposed the wine too much heat, which caused the cork to expand. proper storage is really important for older bottles :/

for next time: http://www.christies.com/features/Wine_Column-5710-1.aspx

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Come for the Italian football chat stay for the tips on the best Italian wines.

And obviously; Grats Soulex. All the best to your new little blighter!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

straight up brolic posted:

that's awful! sounds like a problem cork or you exposed the wine too much heat, which caused the cork to expand. proper storage is really important for older bottles :/

for next time: http://www.christies.com/features/Wine_Column-5710-1.aspx

Great read. Didn't know you were so versed on the subject. I think it was a problem cork mainly because my brother in law (supplier of fine wines) gets them from his restaurant and Id be very surprised if an Italian eatery doesn't treat their reds well.

Also never knew about the term tannic. I just described it, never knew it had a word.

So maybe you could answer this question. I am constantly trying to find a California or PNW winery that exhibits some of that Tuscan flair and taste. Do you know any? I ask because most places here are all about sustainability and stuff. While that is great, it means they are huge into local poo poo and don't really import.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

*smashes a bottle of Quintarelli amarone della Valpolicella, sobbing*

what has the international break done to us

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I rarely drink wine and know nothing about it, am I sent off from the thread?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Simone Poodoin posted:

I rarely drink wine and know nothing about it, am I sent off from the thread?

*raises shotglass of aguardiente from the corner of the bar*

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 17, 2015

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
If Zamparini were a wine, which wine would he be

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

GreatestLurker posted:

Boxed, but like 1000 liters of it.

Balotelli is getting groin surgery and will be out until February at least. Maybe he can drag us in to the top ten at that point.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

GreatestLurker posted:

Come è Bon il vino nel carton
https://youtu.be/Wka9Av8HFK8

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

icardi drinks malbec, maxi lopez drinks tears, wanda drinks...

Soulex posted:

Great read. Didn't know you were so versed on the subject. I think it was a problem cork mainly because my brother in law (supplier of fine wines) gets them from his restaurant and Id be very surprised if an Italian eatery doesn't treat their reds well.

Also never knew about the term tannic. I just described it, never knew it had a word.

So maybe you could answer this question. I am constantly trying to find a California or PNW winery that exhibits some of that Tuscan flair and taste. Do you know any? I ask because most places here are all about sustainability and stuff. While that is great, it means they are huge into local poo poo and don't really import.
Yeah! What's really great about Californian wines and Super Tuscans is that one of the best grapes for both appellations is cabernet sauvignon. It was super (no pun intended) controversial in the 70s when people found out that the famous vineyards you know and love were blending cab sauv with their principal grape (nebbiolo/barbera) to enhance the fruit forwardness of the wines.

While Californian wines are going to lack the depth and acid balance that make Tuscan wines so great (nebbiolo-which is my favorite grape in the world-is notoriously temperamental and complex), they can be equally as explosive. A cheap entry level winery that's a perfect emblemization of the style is Foxglove, which is from Paso Robles. Paso Robles wines are going to be more of the Tuscan 'explosive' style as its more arid appellation mimics it much more than the appellation of Napa, which is more suited to Pinot (although they produce some nice cabs up there too tbh)!

If you want any more recommendations or more expensive wineries pm me!

Gigi Galli posted:

Boxed, but like 1000 liters of it.
haha

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Nov 17, 2015

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Serie A thread is the best

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Some good loving knowledge in here holy poo poo.

Now we need a pastaio and we'll have a proper menu.

Like dishes the teams would be or something. Fiorentina would be the Fiorentine steak naturally. Juventus would be Pommes or some other fried food that tastes great when it's hot but you want to throw away when it's cold. Milan would just be the garnish with the word "disappointment" written in Balsamic Glaze.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Actually, Turin would be the Bollito, boiled meat served with various sauces, or bagna cauda, which is vegetarian.

Milan you have the cotoletta, which is a Wiener Schnitzel but if you dare call it like that of you're going to get stabbed in the dick.
Also risotto alla milanese which is made with rice, but Italian risotto is quite different from the rice you eat anywhere else and of course tastes much better. I'm quite famous among my friends for my risotto al gorgonzola, which owns, and is another typical dish of Milan.
Then you have the casseoula, made with vegetables and pork, but I don't love it.
Polenta, mashed corn, served with game meat, is another classic.
There are many more but these are my favorites, at least before I became vegetarian.

By the way if you really want to enjoy a taste of Naples, you need to try out Cholera.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Cippalippus posted:

By the way if you really want to enjoy a taste of Naples, you need to try out Cholera.

Please tell me that's a typo lmao

Risotto alla Milanese is very good and one of my favorites, but saffron is always expensive and it's such a mild taste that I find it hard to justify buying it. I always associate polenta with Veneto but I guess it is a northern thing in general. Polenta with rabbit and mushrooms is a top winter dish.

Football: Italy are on top of their U21 group with a game in hand, they beat Lithuania today 2-0 with Benassi and Berardi scoring what were apparently screamers, but I didn't see so I can't confirm. The senior side plays Romania this afternoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Hahaha.

I never really had saffron before I had risotto, and wow does it make a difference. Also you have to be light with that poo poo cause it will flat out ruin your arborio.

I lived in Germany for 3 years and I always giggles when I saw schnitzel wiener art because I am a literal 12 year old.

Fiorentina news and rumors:

Apparently ManU is looking to pick up Mario Gomez. Fiorentina are looking to pick up Ogbonna (a decent choice IMO, but we need a loving Right Back), and Kuba is out for two months.

Also how Valero doesn't make the National team is a fuckin crime.

• Locked thread