Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I, too, wonder why Rick didn't just make a gun which turns peoples' faces into butts and use it to kick rear end with.

Oh, come on. You know it'd be a gun that vaporized the person, but he'd have some hidden container on his body that he'd activate and when the dust settled, there'd be a corpse with a butt face laying on the floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

tarlibone posted:

Oh, come on. You know it'd be a gun that vaporized the person, but he'd have some hidden container on his body that he'd activate and when the dust settled, there'd be a corpse with a butt face laying on the floor.

Maybe he'd turn them into snakes?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Actually, it's a particle beam hidden in the mist.

Grizzlegrax
Mar 21, 2013

:ghost: Bustin' Makes Me :ghost:
:ghost: Feel Good
:ghost:
Can you resist its siren's song?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I'm going to require evidence that it was manufactured correctly. :colbert:

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It looks like it was home made to me, gross!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well, there's no grumbo left on it, so the blamfs did a good job there.

This poor guy's worked so hard.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

ElCondemn posted:

It looks like it was home made to me, gross!

Yeah it looks like it was made out of silly-putty that someone just left out to dry.

Definitely no shleem used to smooth out the dinglebop. Where can a guy find a well-made plumbus, nowadays? :sigh:

I know it's been answered before but I can't find it, but what is the song that's played at the end of S02E10?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Nine Inch Nails - Hurt? That one?

vv I know, right? Kids these days. :corsair:

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Nov 12, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Johnny Truant posted:

I know it's been answered before but I can't find it, but what is the song that's played at the end of S02E10?

Seriously?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
This is like a YouTube comments section

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

spoon0042 posted:

Nine Inch Nails - Hurt? That one?

That's the one, yup. Thanks!

Zaphod42 posted:

Seriously?

Seriously.

starkebn posted:

This is like a YouTube comments section

The TVIV: This is like a YouTube comments section. :golfclap:

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Can anyone tell me the name of the song at the end of S01E09 where it's like "X gon' give it to ya" ??

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGx6K90TmCI

Here it is.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
Fuckin VEVO link no less, nice

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Couldn't find one with goatse, had to improvise.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...

Johnny Truant posted:

That's the one, yup. Thanks!

Check out the Johnny Cash cover, I dare say it's superior.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Cthulhuchan posted:

First we gonna rock. Then we gonna roll. Then we gonna pop, GO LET IT GO! Cash gonna give it to ya, UNH! He gonna give it to ya!

E: Oh, you meant his cover of Hurt.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Cthulhuchan posted:

I don't know about that. My position has always been that the song "Hurt" is notable mostly because it's the only time in history that the cover version of a song was released several years before the guy who it belongs to did it. Call it the exception that proves the rule, because I do.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Cthulhuchan posted:

Johnny Cash did it pretty well but I've always like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkWXlHm9h00

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

tarlibone posted:

I don't know about that. My position has always been that the song "Hurt" is notable mostly because it's the only time in history that the cover version of a song was released several years before the guy who it belongs to did it. Call it the exception that proves the rule, because I do.

I think there might be a few other versions of that effect, too. I think to many people the Nirvana version of "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" is thought of as THEIR song as opposed to a version of Leadbelly's "Black Girl". Hendrix' versions of "Hey Joe" is considered the original despite being a cover, too, of a song that was released a number of years sooner.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

tarlibone posted:

What are you trying to say?

"first released on Nine Inch Nails' 1994 album The Downward Spiral."

"In 2002, Johnny Cash covered the song for his album, American IV: The Man Comes Around. "

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

starkebn posted:

What are you trying to say?

"first released on Nine Inch Nails' 1994 album The Downward Spiral."

"In 2002, Johnny Cash covered the song for his album, American IV: The Man Comes Around. "

He means that Johnny's version is in arguably superior, so he has to have written it. Working further backwards, time travel must be involved. Maybe the Trent Reznor we know of now is really from 8 years into the future?

surc
Aug 17, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIBw10VUcNQ&t=4s

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Mooktastical posted:

He means that Johnny's version is in arguably superior, so he has to have written it. Working further backwards, time travel must be involved. Maybe the Trent Reznor we know of now is really from 8 years into the future?

that's some weird cognitive dissonance rather than just saying "I think Johnny Cash did it better"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

We also know they have at least elementary knowledge of Portals since Rick and Morty use a stationary one to get back to Earth in the pilot,

Whoah, hold up!

Not only did Rick open a portal straight from the galactic government's spaceport to Earth, he opened it up right in the middle of Morty's school.

And how did the government eventually take him down? With a sleeper agent hidden at Morty's school.

Rick led them right to him :aaaaa:

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

starkebn posted:

that's some weird cognitive dissonance rather than just saying "I think Johnny Cash did it better"

Cognitive dissonance... AKA, a joke.

mrking posted:

Johnny Cash did it pretty well but I've always like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkWXlHm9h00

Rowlf :(

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Gorilla Salad posted:

Whoah, hold up!

Not only did Rick open a portal straight from the galactic government's spaceport to Earth, he opened it up right in the middle of Morty's school.

And how did the government eventually take him down? With a sleeper agent hidden at Morty's school.

Rick led them right to him :aaaaa:

Yeah he should know to do like 5 different buffer portal locations before your real destination.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

to be fair trent reznor himself is on record as saying that the johnny cash version of hurt is the superior version and says quote "it's not mine anymore" when referring to the song

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
both versions of "Hurt" are good for different reasons. Reznor's version, while teen angsty, has a creepy, disturbing edge to it that does capture the feel of someone about to commit suicide. Cash's version is a somber reflection on a long hard life of regrets that someone like Cash would have lived.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
When the song played I thought of Reznor's relationship with his grandfather, whom he loves very much. I wonder if that had anything to do with the song being chosen? Probably not...

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/612/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9JW4bpSzb0

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 16, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Gonna have to install this as I've been roleplaying my character as Rick (which is a recognized name in the game, also I'm majoring in chems, nuclear physicist, science, and maintaining an alcohol addiction) and the baby as Morty :cheeky:

Which also helps me get over the narrative dissonance at having a lost child you're supposed to be looking for but instead loving off for 3 months to become master of the wasteland. Rick is gonna get around to rescuing baby Morty.... eventually.

These veloci-tinis ain't gonna drink themselves.

There's no great hair option for Rick but I did my best. Just too bad the PC is voiced in Fallout 4 and sounds nothing like what I want. Oh well, hopefully we'll get a silent protagonist mod soon.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

TheBalor posted:

Bart Simpson's voice actress, for one, got the award from scientology which basically means "gave $20 million to the church all in one package" . If she can just throw that much away on the right to shake hands with David Miscavige and get a dumb plaque, I imagine she's rolling in it.

Apologies in advance for Daily Mail link, but 20th Century Fox wasn't amused when she used the Bart Simpson voice to promote a Sci-Ti event.

Also NIN is absolutely terrible, Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt is pretty much the only thing good I can say about their entire catalogue.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Also NIN is absolutely terrible, Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt is pretty much the only thing good I can say about their entire catalogue.

Counter-point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lm1FL7gWl4&hd=1

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Apologies in advance for Daily Mail link, but 20th Century Fox wasn't amused when she used the Bart Simpson voice to promote a Sci-Ti event.

Trent Reznor put out a really sweet soundtrack for Natural Born Killers.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Pompous Rhombus posted:

What a dumb idiotic opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Pf-TBJFis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeoyOIRIeHs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4lTMOmH8Dw

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
So the recording of the live Talking Toons episode with Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland is up, and it's pretty great. Lots of good information about how Rick and Morty was started, and funny as hell.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
How do you mention covers that are better than the original without bringing up Summer of your Love by ClaHendrix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Or, hell, pick almost any Frank Sinatra song.

• Locked thread