Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fans posted:

Over-leveled doesn't really mean anything. The enemies level up with you.

kind of but not really. even deathclaws are total chumps for me right now

Calaveron posted:

Man this game has the most disparate voice acting in recent memory. Male main character, Piper, Cait, Danse, and the minuteman guy suck like you wouldn't believe, but Nick and Kellog are seriously outstanding

who is cait? haven't met that one yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

who is cait? haven't met that one yet

you find her in the combat zone.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cait is Irish so of course she sounds terrible. Irish in games is either someone doing a bad impression, or it's an actual Irish accent which also sounds awful.

The female main character seems pretty good but I don't have high standards.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I guess their plan was to try and be left alone so they can keep doing science poo poo. I just don't know where their huge boner for synths comes from. It would have taken one line from Father saying that synths are used for more complex calculations and or good at research. Their only real use was to replace people to and eventually keep all the factions(lol) off balance and weakened so they can keep doing science and poo poo in peace. Which would make sense if their compound wasn't underground. And the Brotherhood only showed up because the Institute went to the surface. And the Railroad only exists because of synths. The Minutemen aren't even a factor until you show up. I mean they have been loving with the surface for a while and most people still don't believe they exist.

Pretty sure they could have scienced away forever undetected if they never made synths or interfered with the surface. Someone mentions a massacre a few decades ago where a synth killed all the local leaders that grouped up because they were trying to create some form of government. Surely you can kill people more easily with a bomb especially since you have magic teleportation powers. Or use a robot that isn't sentient. It seems pretty poorly written.

Okay. So what's the deal with Virgil? I went into the FEV lab at the Institute and found a terminal that said the FEV program was kept going for years despite producing nothing new, and then abruptly terminated and buried by Shaun. Does anything come out of that?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Aphrodite posted:

The female main character seems pretty good but I don't have high standards.

she voiced jack in mass effect. a couple of the angry choices sound like her jack voice too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I tried to talk to Jack as little as possible,

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Also Piper is actually extremely cool and if you don't think so then you smell.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Lady Naga posted:

:agreed:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Man this game has the most disparate voice acting in recent memory. Male main character, Piper, Cait, Danse, and the minuteman guy suck like you wouldn't believe, but Nick and Kellog are seriously outstanding

I switched from a male character to a female because the male VA was so bad. The female VA seems pretty good.
I really liked the way she chewed the scenery in the Silver Shroud quest

I found an explosive combat shotgun and man this thing is righteous. I think it's getting the explosive damage per pellet.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Roobanguy posted:

you find her in the combat zone.

thanks

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Baron Bifford posted:

Okay. So what's the deal with Virgil? I went into the FEV lab at the Institute and found a terminal that said the FEV program was kept going for years despite producing nothing new, and then abruptly terminated and buried by Shaun. Does anything come out of that?

Not that I saw.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

"In the meantime, make sure to help out anyone that needs our help. That can only help our cause." "In the meantime, make sure to help out anyone that needs our help. That can only help our cause." "In the meantime, make sure to help out anyone that needs our help. That can only help our cause." "In the meantime, make sure to he:commissar:

Listen buddy just because I haven't done any quests for any other faction doesn't mean I need to keep hearing this poo poo over and over

edit: Oh. Just got that general's uniform/armor... don't know if that really counts as a spoiler, but poo poo seems worth the effort.

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Nov 15, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The twist in the main plot line was spoiled for me by jackasses on the internet, so it probably didn't have the impact it was supposed to. That being said, there really was no lead up to the twist, and it felt pretty anemic.

The last couple levels were somewhat dumb as well, although I really like diving into Kellog's brain

Unrelated, most of the boss fights in this game weren't bad except for the one for the Castle. gently caress that crab

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."

Nerolus posted:

Just started decorating for the first time

And thanks for the inspiration for the Mamatower

Does anyone know why this poo poo keeps happening? I haven't stashed anything on rooftops but I keep having to build ladders and pull my settlement down off of various rooftops. Getting tired of playing fireman and building ladders to pull cats off poo poo.

Quoting for new page. Dudes still going onto my rooftop.
Also another question: I'm trying to put mama murphy up in her treehouse but the bitch never gets out of her chair so I cant move it. Are there any possible solutions?

EDIT: Figured out how to make mama get up. I shot her with my flaming laser pistol. She hopped up and pulled a gun on me but eventually chilled out.

Nerolus fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Nov 15, 2015

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

just finished nick's personal quest. I liked his little speech at the end; I like nick. he's a cool guy

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Playable character voice acting turned out not as much of a trainwreck as it could have been, but still not very good and generally detracts from the game

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The twist in the main plot line was spoiled for me by jackasses on the internet, so it probably didn't have the impact it was supposed to. That being said, there really was no lead up to the twist, and it felt pretty anemic.

The last couple levels were somewhat dumb as well, although I really like diving into Kellog's brain

Unrelated, most of the boss fights in this game weren't bad except for the one for the Castle. gently caress that crab

There wasn't going to be any impact anyways, so no love lost there.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Calaveron posted:

You've got that reversed

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

causticBeet posted:

Playable character voice acting turned out not as much of a trainwreck as it could have been, but still not very good and generally detracts from the game

Pretty much how I feel about it. There are some nice moments with it, but overall it just limits roleplaying and dialogue options due to you being stuck with 4 choices. There's also the problem of your character sometimes saying something that didn't sound anything like what the dialogue choice was in text.

But hearing your character scream "OHHHHHHH YEEEAAAAAHHHHH" after popping psychojet is pretty great.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I really wouldn't have minded a nice middleground where all the important stuff isn't voice acted but you still had battlecries and stuff so you didn't seem like a mute.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lady Naga posted:

She seemed bad at first but she's a fun companion. Her and the detective have great commentary.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

NESguerilla posted:

She seemed bad at first but she's a fun companion. Her and the detective have great commentary.

I'm going to reveal totally lovely embarrassing stuff but her romance is really great too and it feels like there's actual emotion behind most of the lines for it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I just had the alien ship crash down

Is there supposed to be a way to find this thing? I tried lining up on the map where I thought it would be but I've found jack so far.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nick, piper, and deacon are pretty cool imo

I've barely spoken to danse or w/e his name is and I never even thought to take preston with me before

the dog is still the best companion because of lone wanderer tho

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

psychojet? why the hell would you ever use psychojet when you can use psychobuff and just pop hotkeyed jet during combat?

psychojet lasts for 15 seconds and psychobuff lasts for eight minutes.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Internet Kraken posted:

Pretty much how I feel about it. There are some nice moments with it, but overall it just limits roleplaying and dialogue options due to you being stuck with 4 choices. There's also the problem of your character sometimes saying something that didn't sound anything like what the dialogue choice was in text.

But hearing your character scream "OHHHHHHH YEEEAAAAAHHHHH" after popping psychojet is pretty great.

Exactly. Sometimes a dialog choice reads better in my head, or I am able to interpret it however I want. When an actor is reading the lines it's set in stone. I think it has a really big effect on the tone of a lot of the interactions that makes a lot of them less interesting then they could have been. Especially when the main characters voice actor always has this super cheesy inflection on every line.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

PantsBandit posted:

I just had the alien ship crash down

Is there supposed to be a way to find this thing? I tried lining up on the map where I thought it would be but I've found jack so far.

It always crashes near the Beantown Brewery.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Holy poo poo, the default launcher has a data menu, but its hidden.

Click here

There is also a link for workshop that takes you to steam.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Does melee really suck THAT badly? I wanna make a Hyde/Jekyll deal that uses a bunch of chems to get buff and smash people's faces

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

Does melee really suck THAT badly? I wanna make a Hyde/Jekyll deal that uses a bunch of chems to get buff and smash people's faces

Not really. Unless you are playing on survival I guess. But Blitz (and vats) makes a huge huge difference.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

blizzardvizard posted:

Nah, it's loving deadly if you get the right buffs. There's all sorts of weapons and armor and drugs you can use to buff yourself, even without getting into Perks. Don't worry about it.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Is it just me or do super mutants seem squishy as gently caress? They were kind of an afterthought in New Vegas, so I wasn't familiar with them coming into this game, but they seem to be pretty much all over the place here. They're slow and stupid with low Perception which is helps me run the gently caress away as soon as I see one, but when I get backed into a corner they just kinda flop over dead as soon as I aim at them.

Am I just paranoid cause they look scary and have a scary name, or are they actually that weak?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

lol you all weren't kidding about cait's accent being atrocious. it drops in and out constantly

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's kind of hilarious that they make such a big deal out of you getting power armor in the brotherhood quest line, even though the game gives you your own set 20 minutes in. The pc is so impressed with the idea of getting some armor too.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Emong posted:

It always crashes near the Beantown Brewery.

thanks

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

NESguerilla posted:

It's kind of hilarious that they make such a big deal out of you getting power armor in the brotherhood quest line, even though the game gives you your own set 20 minutes in. The pc is so impressed with the idea of getting some armor too.

Isn't it better power armour though? (I would have no idea; HATE BROTHERHOOD and I just plunder all my armour anyway).

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

the best part is that in the quest before the brotherhood shows up for real, there are at least two full sets of power armor up for grabs. one in an armory and one in a super mutant campt

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Lady Naga posted:

Isn't it better power armour though? (I would have no idea; HATE BROTHERHOOD and I just plunder all my armour anyway).

Yeah it's pretty good armor and comes pre-upgraded to Model B.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

LumberingTroll posted:

Holy poo poo, the default launcher has a data menu, but its hidden.

Click here

There is also a link for workshop that takes you to steam.

Nothing happens when I click there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Lady Naga posted:

She does an acceptable job hauling supplies to settlements while Nick and I play buddy cops. :colbert:

• Locked thread