Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Holy Mountain Printing have a few new shirt designs that are also available on this tour.

http://holymountainprinting.bigcartel.com

I think I just found me a new Metallica shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

hooooly poo poo lol, gonna buy that for my brother for christmas

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Heard this earlier today, enjoyed it enough that I'm still thinking about it.

Apotheosis - Bane

Doom with some surprises, recommended for fans of Heavydeath and Jupiterian.

Rudest Buddhist
May 26, 2005

You only lose what you cling to, bitch.
Fun Shoe

nate fisher posted:

I think I just found me a new Metallica shirt.

Make it a Hawaiian shirt.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gi8A4bz6xSo&feature=youtu.be

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Thanks, because I just spent the last 30 minutes watching videos of Lars being Lars. Also Kirk give it up, shave your head.

Stupid story, but let me tell you since I am old enough to remember when Metallica was actually a cool metal band. I saw them on the 1989 Damaged Justice tour when I was a teenager, and I got backstage thanks to Kirk. Kirk and Jason were just super fan friendly. I hung out with Kirk for like 2 hours talking about everything from horror movies to his supposedly Greek heritage. Lars was what you think Lars would be. He kept talking to a guy in the crew, and you almost felt like you was annoying him by asking for an autograph. James had a line to get to him, but I waited since he was my 1989 metal hero. After I got his autograph I turned around and bumped into the girl in line behind me. I spilled her beer all over her, and she yelled super pissed 'gently caress Dude'. She was super hot, but she looked like someone at the time that the only Metallica song she knew was 'One' if any. James gave me a shrug and a laugh, and I was like WTF do I say in that situation. I looked at James while pointing my thumb back at girl, and I said 'loving Poser', and I walked off. Yes I am an idiot.

This was the setlist from that night. I feel lucky I got to see them right before they turned to poo poo.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metallica/1989/freedom-hall-civic-center-johnson-city-tn-33d6d4e9.html

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I got a job at a venue just for a day because Metallica was playing on the Master of Puppets tour. Cliff died and the show was postponed, it ended up being one of the first with Jason.

I spent the day repairing the old seats in the theater while the bands set up and soundchecked. The best part was sitting in the first row watching Metallica play and the only other audience members were some random hot babe and Fleming Rasmussen, who I also got to talk to for a while. I also got to wander around onstage checking out the gear but didn't meet the band.

Metal Church opened, then when Metallica came on people started smashing the the cushions out of the seats I had spent the day fixing, it was pretty funny.

Thanks for reminding me of that, just checked out the setlist:

BATTERY
MASTER OF PUPPETS
FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS
WELCOME HOME (SANITARIUM)
RIDE THE LIGHTNING
BASS SOLO
WHIPLASH
THE THING THAT SHOULD NOT BE
FADE TO BLACK
SEEK AND DESTROY
CREEPING DEATH

ENCORE
THE FOUR HORSEMEN
GUITAR SOLO
AM I EVIL?
DAMAGE, INC.

ENCORE #2
FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE

I probably already posted that before :smith:

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I really want to find a YOB patch, and I really really want to find an Isis patch.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Got my patch fix last night, saw Bell Witch, Malthusian, and Luminous Vault. I got two Bell Witch shirts, including one from their euro tour, and a back patch. Should have bought the third shirt and poster

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

DEAR RICHARD posted:

I really want to find a YOB patch, and I really really want to find an Isis patch.

I got a Thou patch and it reminded me that I have a bunch of patches on a hoodie somewhere from high school and college. They're probably in good shape but I have no idea what I'm going to end up doing with them. Maybe find a plain-colored hoodie that fits and put them on there.

Having an Isis patch would be amazing. It's a bummer that some people won't wear their merch anymore.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ChickenArise posted:

Having an Isis patch would be amazing. It's a bummer that some people won't wear their merch anymore.
The name association only makes me want to wear the shirt of theirs I have even more. I got it at their show I went to in 2009. It's black with gold and it sparkles and somehow it has retained this distinct smell (a good smell) that it had when I first got it despite going through probably a hundred washes or more.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 12, 2015

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

https://instagram.com/p/968NLnoRMz/?taken-by=holymountainprinting

Of loving course Yob gets patches AFTER I see them. Apparently they're selling a special version of Mike's Quantum Mystic pedal too.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The new Intronaut album is straight fire.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Hulk Krogan posted:

Of loving course Yob gets patches AFTER I see them. Apparently they're selling a special version of Mike's Quantum Mystic pedal too.

Dammit. Thanks, ObamaYob!

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Hulk Krogan posted:

I have thet pedal. It's pretty cool.
I asked Mike about if VHOL might tour and he said no because Sigrid and John just had a baby.

Dragged into Sunlight and Gnaw Their Tongues just released their collab.
Streaming here: http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=117910

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I have thet pedal. It's pretty cool.
I asked Mike about if VHOL might tour and he said no because Sigrid and John just had a baby.

Dragged into Sunlight and Gnaw Their Tongues just released their collab.
Streaming here: http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=117910

Did you ask Mike why he hates Florida? TIA.

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
Every touring musician hates Florida, unless there is promise of a fridge full of beer and loose women, and even then you still hate it.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Florida's problem is that it's not on the way to anywhere. This is the only reason we get shows in NC.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
Florida has some p. good homegrown poo poo though, don't you have a regional scene or something?

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 13, 2015

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Florida's problem is that it's not on the way to anywhere. This is the only reason we get shows in NC.

DC still gets skipped. I blame people with awful commutes/traffic + bands deciding 'gently caress it, just play Blatimore/Richmond'

Or maybe it's the local crowds' tendency to 'stand for respect' (h/t/ Ian MacKaye) which means a room full of people stoically nodding to the beat.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Oh, I know why we don't get shows.

Dyna Soar posted:

Florida has some p. good homegrown poo poo though, don't you have a regional scene or something?

We do! This scene does not include Yob specifically, though.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Deville's new album out today, it's OK, not as good as Come Heavy Sleep and is a little hit or miss.

Can be streamed here.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

dc gets plenty of shows what are you talking about?

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Stravinsky posted:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Daaaaaaaaaamn, Yob was loud. I even bought and wore earplugs (thank you guys for the suggestion, by the way), but it was still ridiculously loud. I don't know how I would've been able to handle another 22 decibels. But gently caress, they ruled. Played for like an hour and a half-ish and were heavy as poo poo the whole time. Also they raised their beers in silence for Paris at one point and most of the crowd did too, so that was really cool.

kukrunkarmaskin
Mar 28, 2005

you should see my TMNT® Machinegun

Henchman of Santa posted:

The new Intronaut album is straight fire.

Daaammn this rips, I didn't even know they had a new one out. Thanks!

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
Pentagram killed it in London last night. Liebling still has some awesome charisma on-stage.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Stravinsky posted:

Plenty, but we still get skipped.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

ChickenArise posted:

Plenty, but we still get skipped.

everywhere gets skipped.

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time
not too many tours come through northern Alberta but lots of local/regional bands like bonglord to keep us busy

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Another new Baroness tune ahead of the album's December release:

https://youtu.be/hS5osAdTnm0

I like it. I was a huge fan of Yellow & Green, though, and this feels like a continuation of that sound.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Can't wait till I start hearing Baroness on my local alternative rock station

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
Their first 2 eps were pretty good but goddamn after those the lovely clean vocals coupled with the endless guitar noodling annoys the hell out of me.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Bongripper is opening for Sleep in Chicago :worship:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blast Fantasto posted:

:worship:

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Blast Fantasto posted:

my god.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

nerve posted:

Can't wait till I start hearing Baroness on my local alternative rock station

I noticed a Baroness poster in the protagonist's apartment in the show Limitless.

Also, I'm the guy who watches Limitless.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

Shakenbaker posted:

Oh, I know why we don't get shows.

We do! This scene does not include Yob specifically, though.

Hey send me some knowledge on good Florida Doom/Sludge/Stoner bands. Thank you in advance!!

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Polegrinder posted:

Hey send me some knowledge on good Florida Doom/Sludge/Stoner bands. Thank you in advance!!

Consular, Railsplitter, Dark Castle, Shroud Eater, Cavity, Floor, Dove, House of Lightning, Torche and Sloth off the top of my head. Not sure how many are active any more.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

Dyna Soar posted:

Consular, Railsplitter, Dark Castle, Shroud Eater, Cavity, Floor, Dove, House of Lightning, Torche and Sloth off the top of my head. Not sure how many are active any more.

OK, yeah I knew about Dark Castle (Stevie's TAURUS project is really good too), Shroud Eater, and Torche. Isn't there a goon in an Orlando band, Fire in the Cave or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Polegrinder posted:

OK, yeah I knew about Dark Castle (Stevie's TAURUS project is really good too), Shroud Eater, and Torche. Isn't there a goon in an Orlando band, Fire in the Cave or something?

Cavity, Floor, Dove, House of Lightning and Torche are all the same dudes more or less, or are at least connected by a member or two.

Cavity has been playing live recently, I really, REALLY wish they'd come to europe.