Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Jagchosis posted:

madoka is about girls selling their souls to become magical child soldiers and immediately regretting what an extremely lovely decision they made. also the apocalypse is coming. it's worth watching because its got a great story, soundtrack and amazing mind gently caress acid visuals, particularly during the fight scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUhAqw9OFs4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RNmQqqPB-U

maybe ill watch this, all the overnight people are depressed and watching netflix poo poo so i may as well join, and get made fun of for watching japanese cartoons

Hollismason posted:

Because Ronda Rousey losing in a MMA fight means all the MMA fans fantasies of beat loving her are made more real because she's now seen as not indestructible before their fantasies were ground to a halt with the realty of her being undefeated which intruded on their fantasies with her loss millions of men acrosss the country can jerk off in piece with out the nagging doubt that she would destroy them

what is beat loving my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Jagchosis posted:

madoka is about girls selling their souls to become magical child soldiers and immediately regretting what an extremely lovely decision they made. also the apocalypse is coming. it's worth watching because its got a great story, soundtrack and amazing mind gently caress acid visuals, particularly during the fight scenes

oh and it's incredibly dark and bleak story wise

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
gee I sure am glad this mouthwash is gluten free

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
oh one more addendum, if you do decide to watch it madoka pretty famously gets vastly more interesting with the 3rd episode onwards because they wanted to trick people into thinking it was a generic show for young girls at first

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

for young girls or about young girls? or, both?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

i ate tacos today and cannot decide if chicarron or lengua is tastier. please weigh in dad chatters, on this pressing matter.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

lol

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Swan Oat posted:

for young girls or about young girls? or, both?

both, in japan demographics targeting for anime/manga and the like is divided into four categories, boys/girls/men/women. before the release the show was marketed as being for the shoujo demographic (girls) largely to gently caress with people because the actual intended audience was seinen (adult men). shoujo stuff is usually about friendship and relationships and real light in tone because japan hasnt got over gender roles yet, while seinen is supposed to be edgier and with gore and death and poo poo (which this show is). i say both because in addition to that the show is actually about 14 year old girls but its not creepy about, thankfully, like a lot of anime is.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

4 am, switching to tea :coffee: :cheers:

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

i really dont get why she went rudy giuliani there

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
they even tried to hide who the screenwriter was (because he's infamous for writing extremely hosed up stuff) until it got leaked and after the leak happened he assured people he was tasked with the impossible for him: writing a "heartwarming" story. he was lying.

the troll aspect is one of the finer aspects of madoka i appreciate because it traumatized a bunch of fans of moe trash

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

having a very good time catching up on the uspol thread and reading the meatless monday derail. lol at goons getting all mad at the idea that maybe less meat should be eaten

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

you are IMPOSING your VEGAN IDEOLOGY on me by having one of the campus dining halls not serve meat two days per month, this is basically the same as anti abortion bombers because

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Swan Oat posted:

having a very good time catching up on the uspol thread and reading the meatless monday derail. lol at goons getting all mad at the idea that maybe less meat should be eaten

it's about the time of the month for that thread to go to poo poo anyways, wonder if thanksgiving is going to gum up the works.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

well of course evilweasel thinks that meatless days at the cafeteria means jackbooted thugs stuffing tofu down our throats

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Swan Oat posted:

i ate tacos today and cannot decide if chicarron or lengua is tastier. please weigh in dad chatters, on this pressing matter.
i've never had a taco, but i'd expect chicarron being tastier than lengua, based on which sounds better

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jagchosis posted:

i really dont get why she went rudy giuliani there
it was hulk crush, hulk stomp after sanders tried to mow her down
given that american brain was broken in 9/11, its exodia of their political debates

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://arstechnica.co.uk/tech-policy/2015/11/secret-service-officer-accused-of-sexting-teen-while-on-duty-at-white-house/

quote:

A uniformed Secret Service officer has been charged with sexting who he thought was a 14-year-old girl—and some of the online communications originated from the White House, where he often checked identification at the entrance, according to court records.

The authorities said that Lee Robert Moore, 37, did not know that the teenager he allegedly was texting was actually two undercover Delaware police officers. According to court documents, Moore befriended the officers online using the application "Meet24," and they later switched to the Kik application.

The court record (PDF) provides a long list of salacious chats allegedly between Moore, who is married, and the two undercover police officers.

The Secret Service, which is charged with protecting the president and family, has been beset with allegations of sexual shenanigans dating to 2012. That year, for example, more than a dozen agents and officers were implicated for hiring prostitutes while working a presidential trip in South America.

In the Moore case, meanwhile, one alleged Kik message in September showed that the officer became suspicious about getting set up. He didn't follow his instincts, though. "... Do you know how many fake female profiles are out there, a guy needs some reassurance that he is talking to who he thinks he is talking to, and not, I shudder to think," the message said.

Days later, according to the court record, he allegedly texted about what would make her more nervous: "riding on the motorcycle with me or having sex with me?" He is also accused of sending the undercover officer a picture of his penis.

Other messages, according to the court record, reveal that Moore allegedly was texting her "in the break room" and that he only had five minutes to chat before he had "to go relieve someone else to go on break."

The defendant has been placed on administrative leave and is accused in federal court of attempted transfer of obscene material to a minor. He is also accused of two state counts of solicitation of a minor and of providing obscene material to a minor.

According to the court record, Moore told authorities in a recorded interview that he believed the person he was communicating with "was a 14-year-old female from Delaware."

The Secret Service said Moore's security clearance was suspended along with access to Secret Service facilities.

"The Secret Service takes allegations of potential criminal activity extremely seriously," the service said in the statement.
:allears:

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

https://vine.co/v/exHYKIiQn5i has anyone posted this? really loving the mustard he puts on reagan

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
imo part of the appeal of loving ronda rousey was knowing that she would utterly destroy me

also she still could

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

pretty quick on the trigger there exclamation marx!

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

nice

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Jagchosis posted:

both, in japan demographics targeting for anime/manga and the like is divided into four categories, boys/girls/men/women. before the release the show was marketed as being for the shoujo demographic (girls) largely to gently caress with people because the actual intended audience was seinen (adult men).

I feel like you should not be called an adult if anime is marketed directly to you.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

so what's the deal with Myanmar/Burma these days? Is the military actually going to step aside as promised? There's also a zillion insurgent groups fighting civil wars, which hopefully a new administration could deal with in a non-awful way

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Swan Oat posted:

cochinita pibil

in all seriousness, lengua is better than chicharron imo

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Literally The Worst posted:

imo part of the appeal of loving ronda rousey was knowing that she would utterly destroy me

also she still could

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shipping is taken very seriously around these parts.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
why do ppl engage with The Fwiggin Black Baby Goku!!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

so what's the deal with Myanmar/Burma these days? Is the military actually going to step aside as promised?

Given 1990, seriously doubt it.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

so what's the deal with Myanmar/Burma these days? Is the military actually going to step aside as promised? There's also a zillion insurgent groups fighting civil wars, which hopefully a new administration could deal with in a non-awful way

Not sure they have to. They still control a sizeable chunk of Parliament and key government positions so Aung San's party total control.

ThirdPartyView posted:

And then there's that.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

made a secondary character in fallout4 with 10 str, 8 luck, 6 end, and 1 everything else with the intention of only using melee weapons

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
God the hangover is so bad today..... Ughhhhh.

Least the bar I went to had the fight on. Rousey got her rear end beat.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

just when you see AA make a good probation you end up reading the supreme court black jurors thread and he's doing the same old "probate everyone but the thinly veiled racists"

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Some lobbyist on face the nation cited attempts to overturn Citizens United and "safe spaces/special snowflake children that would melt if exposed to controversy" as attacks on the first amendment.

YouTube comments given a microphone.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/14/opinion/the-exploitation-of-paris.html

"look i agree that black protesters are too uppity on campus but"

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jagchosis posted:

rozen maiden had better battle sequences

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Yessssss just heard the Herman Cain rapping ad on one of the hip hop radio stations.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Nintendo Kid posted:

rozen maiden had better battle sequences

going to be a long day

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Swan Oat posted:

Yessssss just heard the Herman Cain rapping ad on one of the hip hop radio stations.

:catstare:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Swan Oat posted:

:dogbutton:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

ThirdPartyView posted:

Don't the military have a reserved share of like 25% seats in parliament? I don't know much about Burma but it seems the NLD seem to be deliberately playing it very safe in regards to keeping within the bounds set by the military which is probably smart enough.

• Locked thread