Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Macaluso posted:

"Characters like, Cecil, Terra, Lightning"

*shows Cloud*

"And more!"

:lol:

Best post in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

PRADA SLUT posted:

NX is just a Nintendo-branded iPad.

Finally, people will be lining up for the launch of another Nintendo console.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Eugene is pretty clutch in the Amiibo Festival island survival game.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

deadwing posted:

Lol I bought this game the day it came out to support third parties doing Wii U centric exclusives and haven't played the drat thing yet I should probably do that

yes

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

There have been way too many posts about boob sliders ITT you loving nerds.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

LethalGeek posted:

And there's another one.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

LethalGeek posted:

Nobody's talked about it for awhile but thank you for your contribution

weirdo

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

LethalGeek posted:

I would like to discuss further boob sliders. A roundness slider, or perhaps a droop slider.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

I would like to discuss further boob sliders. A roundness slider, or perhaps a droop slider.

I get it now, they're removing the boob sliders and actually replacing them with a much more detailed boob sculptor

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Cloud's a fine choice for Smash, but I feel like Cecil would have been just as recognizable, or Terra. Edgar was my primary choice because his tools would make him unique from "another guy with a big sword" like we have a bunch already, and he could use a spear for his regualr attacks to further give him unique attributes.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Nobody knows who any of those are final fantasy didn't exist before FF7 and Cloud and Sephiroth are the only characters in it with a brief cameo from Clouds girlfriend and a pair of tits and Mr. T.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Cloud's a fine choice for Smash, but I feel like Cecil would have been just as recognizable, or Terra. Edgar was my primary choice because his tools would make him unique from "another guy with a big sword" like we have a bunch already, and he could use a spear for his regualr attacks to further give him unique attributes.

No other FF character is anywhere near Cloud in terms of recognizability (except maybe Sephiroth).

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

None of the lead characters that came before FFVII are nearly as well known as the ones that came after. People really really don't know who Cecil or Terra or Edgar are. If you're gonna feature a specific lead character from the series, Cloud's the one. The only other viable options would have been the job archetypes.

Edgar isn't even the main character from his game, IIRC? Heads would have been scratched all across the globe if he were announced instead of Cloud. It would be absolutely baffling.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Nov 15, 2015

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Edgar isn't even the second or third most important character in FF6

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He is the best though

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Edgar isn't even the second or third most important character in FF6

We should have gotten Banon.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

He is the best though

This, however, is true.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

greatn posted:

with a brief cameo from Clouds girlfriend and a pair of tits

Well that's the same character

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Supercar Gautier posted:

Edgar isn't even the main character from his game, IIRC? Heads would have been scratched all across the globe if he were announced instead of Cloud. It would be absolutely baffling.

Main character in VI would be Terra, arguably Celes being a co-main due to the second half of the game. Locke gives off this vibe that he may have been considered but ultimately he isn't as important to the plot as the other two.

Terra would've been cool.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Sabin

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Mercury Crusader posted:

Main character in VI would be Terra, arguably Celes being a co-main due to the second half of the game. Locke gives off this vibe that he may have been considered but ultimately he isn't as important to the plot as the other two.

Terra would've been cool.

She'd probably be a bit too similiar to Robin in execution though.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It could have been Kefka.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Supercar Gautier posted:

None of the lead characters that came before FFVII are nearly as well known as the ones that came after. People really really don't know who Cecil or Terra or Edgar are. If you're gonna feature a specific lead character from the series, Cloud's the one. The only other viable options would have been the job archetypes.

also worth pointing out that final fantasy 7 was the first to be released in europe so cloud is the first final fantasy character with worldwide recognition

as a fan of the series i would have preferred bartz as you could throw in a lit of stuff with job changes and mimicry but i completely understand why they went with cloud

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Europe got Final Fantasy Mystic Quest though......

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

I don't know who those other characters are. They aren't as recognizable as Cloud.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Yugi from yugioh would be pretty cool in smash bros

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

mabels big day posted:

:yeah:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

He was in that jump all stars thing on DS but they don't put him in those games anymore for some reason

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

mabels big day posted:

:agreed:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

He was in that jump all stars thing on DS but they don't put him in those games anymore for some reason

That's beyond hosed up.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"
I haven't seen too many impressions of the new Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival posted so I thought I'd share my impressions for those on the fence:

Initially, I was skeptical as to whether this game would be any good or not, as it's pretty far removed from the traditional Animal Crossing experience. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that this game is quite charming and fun!

Desert Island Escape is by far my favorite mode, as it involves the most strategy (collecting materials for tools, food for daily rations, etc), and I was surprised to discover that each of the Amiibo cards have unique abilities. Curt has been pretty clutch in my teams so far, as he moves 4 spaces, he's tough in battles, and automatically discovers closeby honey trees. With over 50 levels (I believe), this mode will have a lot of replay value.

The main board game reminds me of the game of Life (in a good way). The stalk market provides a nice layer of strategy, in addition to the cards (move x amount of spaces). There's a good amount of events that pop up weekly, like the Tarot card reader, Crazy Redd card store, and the card game with the cat. In addition, the more happy cards (or whatever they're called) you collect, the more you can customize your town (adding a coffee shop, police station, etc) and add branching shortcuts.

This is a great game to play with family, as it's more relaxing and quite funny at times. While Mario Party is a game that can destroy friendships, this game builds them. My wife likes to play with me, and genuinely enjoys it! I would recommend this game to those who are fans of Animal Crossing and are looking for a casual, charming game to play with family and friends

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Only ancient supernerds who have played all the final fantasies know who those other weirdos are. Everyone knows Cloud.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Starfox is lookin' kinda rad now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOTehF-XToc

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

mabels big day posted:

send them to the shadow realm

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Marcie is a great card for Desert Island Escape, even with her 30% chance of not moving.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 15, 2015

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
There's no way they won't give us the soundtrack of "One Winged Angel" right? I want that and "Jenova" and I'm happy.

Also, we need a Sephiroth Assist Trophy where he just comes down from the sky and stabs someone through the stomach instantly killing them.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

Spectacle Rock posted:

There's no way they won't give us the soundtrack of "One Winged Angel" right? I want that and "Jenova" and I'm happy.

Also, we need a Sephiroth Assist Trophy where he just comes down from the sky and stabs someone through the stomach instantly killing them.

An Aeris AT that your opponent can counter with a Sephiroth

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Sade posted:

Only ancient supernerds who have played all the final fantasies know who those other weirdos are. Everyone knows Cloud.

Should've been Laguna

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Cloud is cool and my friend, I wish him all the best in Smash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Spectacle Rock posted:

It's pretty much certain we'll get FF7's greatest hits. The big question for me is whether songs from other FF games will show up. Maybe even a non-FF track or two, like the Chrono Trigger theme.

• Locked thread