Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Snake is spending the entire ending in zombie makeup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh he cleaned it off.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I can't find her consistently enough, I don't think I'd ever pull that off.

If you time the CQC button right as she starts her disarm move and you do a counter animation like he tries in the first cutscene with her but because he's a hardened soldier now he can do it successfully.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CQCing the Boss is one of the all time best gamer feels.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

If you time the CQC button right as she starts her disarm move and you do a counter animation like he tries in the first cutscene with her but because he's a hardened soldier now he can do it successfully.
Holy poo poo.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

CQCing the Boss is one of the all time best gamer feels.

Tru.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Prologue: Awakening

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That ending holy christ.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

That ending holy christ.

I cried.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Were the two non-Kojima writers involved in any of the other MGS games? The writing in this one is pretty different.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Were the two non-Kojima writers involved in any of the other MGS games? The writing in this one is pretty different.

The writing teams were more or less the same across MGS1, 2, and 3. 4 is where a major creative lead left and it kind of shows.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

The writing teams were more or less the same across MGS1, 2, and 3. 4 is where a major creative lead left and it kind of shows.
I'm playing that one next, then Peace Walker. Sadly, I'll have to wait a long time to get a PS4 and play MGSV.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Actually I'm going to take a break after this and play some Mario Maker, which I haven't touched in like a month.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

4 is...well 4 is different.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Difficulty: Normal
Play Time: 16:03:35
Save: 33 Times
Continue: 36 Times
Alert Phase: 114 Times
Humans Killed: 154 people [I assume mostly in the motorcycle and forest escape sequences]
Seriously injured: 119 Times
Total Damage: 33 Life Bars
Life Medicine Used: 2 Times [Both during the Boss]
Plants and Animals Captured: 16 Kinds
Meals Eaten: 77 Meals
Special Item: Not Used

Your Title Is:

Crocodile

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've played through the opening mission of MGSV like 6 times and I never skip a cutscene. It's so good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Difficulty: Normal
Play Time: 16:03:35
Save: 33 Times
Continue: 36 Times
Alert Phase: 114 Times
Humans Killed: 154 people [I assume mostly in the motorcycle and forest escape sequences]
Seriously injured: 119 Times
Total Damage: 33 Life Bars
Life Medicine Used: 2 Times [Both during the Boss]
Plants and Animals Captured: 16 Kinds
Meals Eaten: 77 Meals
Special Item: Not Used

Your Title Is:

Crocodile

Congrats

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think about 14 of those 16 hours were today.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think about 14 of those 16 hours were today.

The first Saturday I had with MGSV I played it for 17 hours.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Each MGS game has been this massive improvement over the last one, and it's a little disappointing to know that won't be the case again until MGSV.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Though I anticipate 4 and Peace Walker still being good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

4 is still a massive improvement over 3 from a gameplay perspective, it's just that it was like a mandated sequel and you can tell that Kojima's heart wasn't in it. Also Peace Walker is really good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only bad part about Peace Walker is the boss fights being tuned to multiplayer, but if you're playing on PS3 I can do coop with you and it's awesome. I played through most of the game cool with BennyD and it was a really good experience.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Are you going to play Rising? It's not a MGS game, but it's still really fun and helps build the world.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
instead if just quoting that with the yoda loving Luke av im going to do the mature thing be the bigger man and just say: yes actually FAU you should play MGR it's really good.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MGR kicks incredible rear end but you should be banned for using the phrase World Building.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

In Training posted:

This is unrelated to everything but it's funny when I was rereading the E3 thread the EA conference happened right after the MGSV trailer premiered and for like an hour one guy was posting like "Wow. More FIFA footage :rolleyes: " while everybody else spent 10 pages posting MGSV theories from the 4 minutes of cutscenes they showed.

the e3-thread-rereading gamer...

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

PleasingFungus posted:

the e3-thread-rereading gamer...

strong gamer

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I beat Volgin but he's way harder than the Fury. Is there some trick to make him easier?

next time you do this fight, keep those mushrooms that recharge your battery in your inventory. throw them onto the ground and when he does an electric attack, the mushrooms will take the hit instead of you.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I can't believe I missed mgs3 already. That was quick

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think I flew through MGS3 the first time too bc I got so into it

I didn't like MGS4 very much but by far the coolest thing was getting feelings of intense nostalgia for a series that i had actually started like two weeks before

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Holy poo poo there's still more game!

this one's my favorite. I remember this exact feel

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Not going to spoil it but the end of iv is cool

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
4 is a fun game when it lets you actually play it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i started 2 and ive died to olga like 10 times i have no clue what im doing and im not feeling this game like i did with 1 lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

i started 2 and ive died to olga like 10 times i have no clue what im doing and im not feeling this game like i did with 1 lol
I had to totally relearn both MGS2 and MGS3, they're really hard at first.

Lay down behind the crates and crawl over to whatever side she's not on. Crouch, then go into FPS mode. Hold r2 and l2 together to lift your head up, then take a shot. Repeat.

Basically try to make her lose track of you by hiding, then you can take your time to hit her.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
can i crouch walk

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

can i crouch walk
No, but you can go from a crawl to a crouch. She'll spot you if you stand up. After you shoot, she'll think you're still where you were. So crawl to the other side and let her shoot/grenade where you were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

elf help book posted:

can i crouch walk

Not until 4.

• Locked thread