Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
On that note, I discovered a few nights ago that if you throw a grenade at the exact instant Roger bitchslaps you, the grenade goes out but isn't removed from your inventory.

Never mentioned it before because it's clearly a bug, and definitely not worth giving Roger a free hit,. though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Backhand posted:

On that note, I discovered a few nights ago that if you throw a grenade at the exact instant Roger bitchslaps you, the grenade goes out but isn't removed from your inventory.

Never mentioned it before because it's clearly a bug, and definitely not worth giving Roger a free hit,. though.

It happens here in a video I posted before everyone started having an orgasm again arguing with Snatch Duster.

https://youtu.be/VuqQeDPQKdc

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Inside Out Mom posted:

Had my first lovely elf pub.

It's me I'm the elf that tries to dagger tank a panic event on a sliver of health after already being revived, while holding onto a medkit because I might need it later.

Elf, you're about dead, heal up, we won't have time to pick you up once this starts. Elf? Elf?"
*elf runs forward and goes down immediately*

At least hide in the back and lob arrows or something jesus.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Last night some random pub decided to give the genius advice of "stick together", so I refused:

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Backhand posted:

You can dupe them if you're about to die too. I've blown myself up when surrounded by Storm Vermin/Hordes and going down anyway more than once.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Kitchner posted:

Last night some random pub decided to give the genius advice of "stick together", so I refused:

didn't change your steam name to John Rambo, 0/10

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Kitchner posted:

Fresh, original humor itt.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
How forgiving is this game in the graphics department? Just wondering if the minimum requirements of the geforce 460 is set in stone or if lowering the graphics would allow my 260 to run it.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Chomp8645 posted:

Fresh, original humor itt.

It's the type of humour the devs intended for.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Tai posted:

How forgiving is this game in the graphics department? Just wondering if the minimum requirements of the geforce 460 is set in stone or if lowering the graphics would allow my 260 to run it.

On a 560 I need almost everything on low/off with a few things on medium to get decent frame rates. Don't try it with a 260.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

On the plus side a more powerful card than a 260 shouldn't cost much.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Tai posted:

It is mostly very CPU heavy although the last patch has fixed that a bit. I'm on a 670 and can run things on medium/mixed high at 60fps with dips when the cpu can't cope with the shitton of rats. A 260 is probably gonna have a bad time unless you have a decent CPU to go with it, even on lowest settings.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
It's just an i5-1.8 ghz

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Tai posted:

It's just an i5-1.8 ghz

I'm doubting that's overclockable, and betting that's early. Is the model number three digit or starting with a 1? Just hold the windows key and hit pause/break over the page up/page down keys, that should have your processor model on that screen.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

gently caress, that was hard. Finding some people that could beat waterfront took me the longest.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

NickBlasta posted:

gently caress, that was hard. Finding some people that could beat waterfront took me the longest.

Congrats, you've now officially completed the game as intended by the devs.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Kitchner posted:

Congrats, you've now officially completed the game as intended by the devs.

Depends, was he using all white items?

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Snatch Duster's ultimate victory: now we Snatch Dust ourselves for him.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Sokani posted:

If his idea of trolling is to become a punchline for our amusement, then I welcome more trolls of that kind.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I've joined goonintide and checked out CTS and still have trouble finding ausgoons to play with.

If you're an ausgoon and willing to put up with someone still learning the ropes but not entirely pants on head retarded, add me.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SinPole

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Tommofork posted:

I've joined goonintide and checked out CTS and still have trouble finding ausgoons to play with.

If you're an ausgoon and willing to put up with someone still learning the ropes but not entirely pants on head retarded, add me.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SinPole

I usually stay up pretty late but I'm afraid if you're not pants on head retarded then I haven't got the inclination to play with you sorry.

No competents please.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Sokani posted:

Don't you see? He wanted to become the butt of our jokes all along.

Snatch Dusted again :smith:

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

I have the 40% extra blast radius trinket
I drink a strength potion
I throw a grenade
The dwarf who was shielding jumps for some reason, catching the grenade with the back of his head.
We all die.

Good times.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Came back to the game and sad to see that now the exploits are fixed people are being cruelly forced to actually play the game. I was forced to have fun actually doing the finale properly, against my express wishes.

When will they fix this lack of bugs?

Also the Dwarven Flame Pistols are still the best thing ever and I had a pubbie group get very annoyed at me last night for using them, refusing to believe the shotgun blast doesn't do friendly fire damage.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
I was trying to do the White Rat on hard with a group of pubbies and the furthest we got was blowing up that pillar before you go upstairs and get mashed by the rat ogre.

Its the only one I need to have completed them all on hard, but I think I'll have to wait until I'm playing with people I can be bothered to speak to properly.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Kitchner posted:

I usually stay up pretty late but I'm afraid if you're not pants on head retarded then I haven't got the inclination to play with you sorry.

No competents please.

aw man :smith:

Maybe I can still be eligible. I was carrying a tome and a grimoire the other day and was on the way to the escape wagon left clicking to shove with the tome or whatever for shits and giggles, then tried it with the grimoire and it vanished into thin air. I actually apologised to the group I had no idea it did that and felt a little bit bad about it.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Tommofork posted:

Maybe I can still be eligible. I was carrying a tome and a grimoire the other day and was on the way to the escape wagon left clicking to shove with the tome or whatever for shits and giggles, then tried it with the grimoire and it vanished into thin air. I actually apologised to the group I had no idea it did that and felt a little bit bad about it.

More than a few people have spiked grims accidentally and definitely not because they're creeped out.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Tommofork posted:

Was on the horn of mangus yesterday and literally about to start the final stand and went to drink a health potion but accidentally selected the grimoire and destroyed it.

I apologised profusely to everyone, and then rolled a 6 for loot missing out on what I wanted by 1.

Oh cruel irony.

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010
What is everybody's favorite level to try to farm some loot? We've been doing pretty well with Wizard Tower but I'm thinking its time to learn where the tomes and grims are in another level besides Horn.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Enemy Below is a good one with a not complete bullshit finale, and Garden of Morr is another solid, fun run.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Engines of War because the finale is a piece of piss.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
I continue to be amazed by some of the attention to detail in this, if you shoot a drakefire shot into the water pail in front of the bar it sends up a puff of steam :allears:

I do really need a pair with targeteer though, and my pair is also only a blue.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Fans posted:

Engines of War because the finale is a piece of piss.

This, except that engines is fun, and a nice change of scenery compared to sewers and urban decay.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Horn of magnus isn't actually that bad. I think any of them with a good team is fine.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Just cycle through fun levels having fun beating up rats for their lunch money loot dice instead of playing one level over and over.

Well unless you're looking to get into the Big Ratgame Leagues and want to start playing on the Real Difficulty the Developers Intended as soon as possible, in which case you'd better get grinding, kid.

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010
I agree its not bad but we literally only play Horn and Wizard Tower because "we need loot!" and those are the only levels I've learned where they are at. I can convince my group to play something else if I figure out where everything is so I figured I would ask for favorites. Engines and Enemy below sounds like a good start.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Kitchner posted:

I was trying to do the White Rat on hard with a group of pubbies and the furthest we got was blowing up that pillar before you go upstairs and get mashed by the rat ogre.

Its the only one I need to have completed them all on hard, but I think I'll have to wait until I'm playing with people I can be bothered to speak to properly.

The good thing is that once you get past the ogre it's just mopping up. The key is to lure the ogre somewhere where he won't smack your entire team into the pit.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

smarion2 posted:

I agree its not bad but we literally only play Horn and Wizard Tower because "we need loot!" and those are the only levels I've learned where they are at. I can convince my group to play something else if I figure out where everything is so I figured I would ask for favorites. Engines and Enemy below sounds like a good start.

Well, stop thinking like that then. You don't *need* loot. It's nice to have, but unless you are doing nightmare easily with all whites, you don't *need* it to progress. And IF you are doing nightmare easily with all whites, your loot problems should solve themselves very quickly.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

smarion2 posted:

This channel has a series of videos with all the locations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QML3pMoMUzI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010

Skandranon posted:

Well, stop thinking like that then. You don't *need* loot. It's nice to have, but unless you are doing nightmare easily with all whites, you don't *need* it to progress. And IF you are doing nightmare easily with all whites, your loot problems should solve themselves very quickly.

I agree but sometimes you have to appease the crowd. I like my loot but get frustrated when I make it my focus so I just try to have fun.

^^ Thanks for the youtube

• Locked thread