Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will dethrone ZSB First for Titles?
Miami
GT
UNC
NCSU
BC
FSU
Clemson
EA Sports
NO ONE
View Results

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I will log in tonight to play my DD game and after I'll see if BC is around before I play his AP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Dubious posted:

I will log in tonight to play my DD game and after I'll see if BC is around before I play his AP.

Deal if he isn't on I'll put him on AP.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Deal if he isn't on I'll put him on AP.

I'm thinking of leaving him on AP in the B1G/PAC, but encouraging guys to look for him just before they play.

It's worked out for me as I played him in the DD. We'll see about our Penn St vs Nebraska matchup this week.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
can I get an AP on BC and i'll play it real quick

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Super late, but he's ap'd now. I want to be able to advance Thursday morning to be able to play Sly.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
It will be done tonight. If you need to get your game in feel free to sim.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

It will be done tonight. If you need to get your game in feel free to sim.

I won't advance it until Thursday so you've got time.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
How does 230 PM eastern tickle your fancy Z?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

How does 230 PM eastern tickle your fancy Z?

That works great, I'll see you online then.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
My box just glitched and shut off, what happened with that play?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Aaaaand frozen, thoughts?

These problems are becoming more frequent. I don't know if my console is dying or being overseas is somehow messing with it. This needs to stop or my games will become unplayable.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Yeah I dunno man. I'm sorta out of time to start again. Guess we can try again later? Everything was fine until it wasn't.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I'm off tomorrow so I can wake up and play evening your time of that helps. Otherwise I'll need to be simmed as I leave tomorrow until the 29th

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'm not really sure what to do here guys. I feel like we are down to like 3 of us actually participating in these leagues anymore. The fall is busy and slower, but I feel like we've all sorta lost a lot of passion for the game after 3 years of the same stuff. So here are some options I want to float:

- Temporary Hiatus until closer to Thanksgiving (getting me past my officiating and other fall work duties).
- Cruel Commish Sim all games between users that can't be played (including games involving myself)
- Call it.

At this point I'm not even sure how to keep these feeling fun and moving along. So input if possible.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm down to keep playing until this game is no more, but I'll go with whatever everyone else chooses.

If you'd like my input though, I'd say Cruel Commish Sim is the way to go. A hiatus would surely kill this league, and possibly all others.

E: As much as I'd hate to say it, but maybe we should kill the SEC?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I feel like we have more guys but maybe thats because I only do the two leagues: with my schedule, time zone, and an infant I can't do any more. I like them and will continue to play even if it's just 2 or 3 of us although my Xbox is determined to make that hard. If/when it goes I'll have to decide what to do as this league is all I use my Xbox for. I Agee that we should avoid a hiatus but am not sure what to do about a Sim vs AP. When I moved here I did so with the understanding I'll forfeit some games so if we want to AP whomever is harder to schedule with or won't respond I'm down with that.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I like being the underdog, therefore, this dynasty is dear to me.

However, I'll get over missing SCe.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

This dynasty will always get priority for me, particularly user games. Cruel commish mode if ya got to

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Cruel Commish it shall be. The CPU will decide our game if we can't play it late tonight (which will prb depend on my ability to stay up).

I guess I just wanted to test the waters. We will keep trucking. Since everyone has a CPU game otherwise, lets try and get all that played by Monday since I won't be touching my 360 again likely until the following monday due to guests for Formula 1.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Yea ill keep playing when I can but please just do cruel commish. I really enjoy my UCLA and Minnesota teams.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Sly I can play in the next 45 min or so if you're around...

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

R2a.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Sorry just got off our flight back to the states for two weeks. No games for me until Halloween.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

Sorry just got off our flight back to the states for two weeks. No games for me until Halloween.

No worries man. Enjoy the US of A. The computer will dole out a decision probably mercilessly.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
GT r2a

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

ZSB, we're up for a showdown next week after the advance. Do you want to try for early Sunday morning? I thinking some time around 8-10am.

E: Never mind. A lot of guys aren't ready.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

ZSB, we're up for a showdown next week after the advance. Do you want to try for early Sunday morning? I thinking some time around 8-10am.

E: Never mind. A lot of guys aren't ready.

I've been super busy the last few weeks. I'm going to advance this (I think I hadn't since last we posted about business), and we'll go from there.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I've been wondering what happened. If you haven't advanced yet I am literally sitting on my plane to take me back to Italy now. Don't know how our schedules look but for the next two weeks I'm a bachelor again and should have a fairly open schedule if you want to try this again.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

I've been wondering what happened. If you haven't advanced yet I am literally sitting on my plane to take me back to Italy now. Don't know how our schedules look but for the next two weeks I'm a bachelor again and should have a fairly open schedule if you want to try this again.

lol I advanced it last night. Sorry man :/ I only won by 5 points but apparently my CPU forced 7 turnovers while i barely amassed 250 yards of offense. Hilarious results.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

ZSB, let's try for Saturday. What time of the day works best for you?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

ZSB, let's try for Saturday. What time of the day works best for you?

Umm probably later in the day I've got errands to run during the day, but once the Hokie game is over ~230 ct I should be available. Also picked up Halo 5 which I'll be playing at night so if we miss each other we may be able to play late at night.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Umm probably later in the day I've got errands to run during the day, but once the Hokie game is over ~230 ct I should be available. Also picked up Halo 5 which I'll be playing at night so if we miss each other we may be able to play late at night.

I won't be available at night, but I can make myself free in the afternoon if you want to try around 2:30-3pm.

Just let me know when you think you'll likely be on.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

e: Hokies win 31-10. Pitt players wore out in the 2nd half, and the Pitt players dropped some balls/failed to finish routes. Felt lucky after a 14-10 half time score to end up winning comfortably.

Advanced. I'll update with games later.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 31, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

It was a tough loss, but I was pleased with most of my first half performance. However, I knew that once I was forced to pass I was toast. My guys really struggled getting open (motion routes don't work as well as they should), blocking, catching, shedding blocks, and especially against the press. Two of the three picks I threw were because no one could get open and your dline was closing in on the kill. Hopefully we can last a few more seasons so this team can develop the talent I'm bringing in.

GG

E: Also, we advanced.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I have this game now and could maybe play in the next iteration of this thing

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

I have this game now and could maybe play in the next iteration of this thing

I'll send you an invite, Clemson is probably the best open team in the conference. Miami/Louisville would be good 2nd options.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
I'm either going to get my game in this morning before I head over to my dad's for the Saints game, or I'll play it this evening.

Oh wait. It's Wreckus. Didn't realize anyone was BC.

Umm. So I'll look for him this evening, but do you want to just pre-preemptively put him on AP? Though looks like you haven't played yet either ZSB, so if you're not planning on advancing still for a day or two at least, I can hold out and hope to catch Wreckus before playing him on AP.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Let's get to it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Noted, play your games if you have them before the final of VT/GT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Okay I see Wreckus is on AP now, so I'll knock the game out probably tomorrow sometime - prob early afternoon.

• Locked thread