Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Excuse me the 1/3rd pounder with no pickles is a saintly burger and I will hear nothing against it.

I'm hoping you meant to say extra pickles, otherwise you can go to hell with your wrong opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Thank goodness, we've found an NZ angle to the Paris attack

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11546056

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Excuse me the 1/3rd pounder with no pickles is a saintly burger and I will hear nothing against it.

It's just not as good as the Peanut Piston.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
poo poo just got real.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Vulpes posted:

'm hoping you meant to say extra pickles, otherwise you can go to hell with your wrong opinions.
Empty quote.

This is such loving gross journalism.

The Herald spoke to her last night when she didn't know, which is when all the quotes from her are. Then they watched her and her mother's facebook until it was updated that the sister had died, then tried to ring her again today. All for the coveted NZ angle that has somehow become mandatory for every world event the media reports on.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
I am in the burger Wisconsin crowd here. Nice and simple. But gently caress our burgers just pale in comparison to the burgs I ate in Hawaii. Seriously another level. The burgers are done medium rare, which I gather is dangerous to do with pre-minced mince but its all good if you mince your own mince right then and there.

Also they are just seared hardcore black and they are big and juicy!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

1/3rd pounder with no pickles

WTF is even the point of such a thing.

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

maxhush posted:

As much of a shithole as palmy is one small redeeming feature it has is Cook St takeaways who do 2 legit as chicken burgers for $5

imo anyway

$5? Wow! Whenever I'm in NZ I grumble about how expensive everything is but now that I'm out of the country I would kill for a $5 burger.

...no pickles?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
pickles are gross you're gross

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Baron are you a supertaster or something?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Seriously no pickles on a burger? either you are like 6 years old or wtf is wrong with you

emminou
May 25, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

This is such loving gross journalism.

The Herald spoke to her last night when she didn't know, which is when all the quotes from her are. Then they watched her and her mother's facebook until it was updated that the sister had died, then tried to ring her again today. All for the coveted NZ angle that has somehow become mandatory for every world event the media reports on.

This is foul. It was bad enough when Stephanie Key's presence in Paris was being talked about on Stuff as a "kiwi connection", but harassing someone who is in a foreign country after her sister just died (and who is possibly wondering about the wellbeing of her other friends, too) just because it provides a tenuous connection to New Zealand is so far beyond the pale. Poor girl.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Slavvy posted:

Baron are you a supertaster or something?

yes

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Wait, there's more!

Max Key's touching message for Stephie
He posted a tweet about his sister who is in Paris. She wasn't in the attacks or anything.

Or what about :

Kiwi's wife narrowly escapes Paris shooting

That's right! A wife of a New Zealander! Thank god us Kiwis can now relate to what happened.

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

pickles are gross you're gross

Don't worry, I felt the exact same way.

...When I was like 8, come on man!

truther posted:

Wait, there's more!

Max Key's touching message for Stephie
He posted a tweet about his sister who is in Paris. She wasn't in the attacks or anything.

Or what about :

Kiwi's wife narrowly escapes Paris shooting

That's right! A wife of a New Zealander! Thank god us Kiwis can now relate to what happened.

Apparently someone who used to work in an NZ school died in the attacks, wouldn't that be more of an NZ connection than either of those?
(Don't actually have a source for this other than someone on facebook, so don't go writing any articles!)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

klen dool posted:

I am in the burger Wisconsin crowd here. Nice and simple. But gently caress our burgers just pale in comparison to the burgs I ate in Hawaii. Seriously another level. The burgers are done medium rare, which I gather is dangerous to do with pre-minced mince but its all good if you mince your own mince right then and there.

Also they are just seared hardcore black and they are big and juicy!
Burger Burger does medium-rare - first time I was there the server was like "now, our burgers come medium-rare, is that okay?" so I'm guessing they've had a few people complain their burgers weren't overcooked.

Something I seriously miss from Chicago is getting a sandwich anywhere in the city and it always coming with half or an entire pickle on the side just because that's how they roll.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Pickles are more divisive in NZ culture than if sports mans are treated with kid gloves in the justice system.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

one time i kicked a pickle and now look at me

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I don't think exactly one dumb guy with bad opinions not liking pickles makes them divisive. They have almost 100% approval.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I don't think exactly one dumb guy with bad opinions not liking pickles makes them divisive. They have almost 100% approval.

Much like John Key

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I don't know anyone IRL who wants pickles in their burger.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
*looks at mcd's wrappers filled with discarded pickles in trash* Everyone loves pickles.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

This also applies to everyone who eats at McDonalds.

Wandle Cax posted:

Seriously no pickles on a burger? either you are like 6 years old or wtf is wrong with you

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Literally the most common request at any burger place anywhere in the world is "no pickles"

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I don't know anyone IRL who wants pickles in their burger.

I know a person who couldn't have pickles in their burger because glutens but now can and was like "all the pickles!"

*looks at mcd's wrappers filled with discarded pickles in trash* Everyone loves pickles.

McD's is poo poo and I literally can not believe you would try to use them as an example. "*looks at all the poo poo people poo out and flush down the toilet* Everyone loves poo poo."

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Nov 16, 2015

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Vagabundo posted:

McD's is poo poo and I literally can not believe you would try to use them as an example. "*looks at all the poo poo people poo out and flush down the toilet* Everyone loves poo poo."

unlike mcdonalds you need to poo poo to live

also while looking for "hold the pickles" i found this and had to share

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Laverna posted:

$5? Wow! Whenever I'm in NZ I grumble about how expensive everything is but now that I'm out of the country I would kill for a $5 burger.

2 for $5 actually :smug:

Or 1 for $4, bizarrely enough

They also don't have pickles

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

unlike mcdonalds you need to poo poo to live

Mr Skull, if you want to put yourself on the side of non-pickle eaters, go ahead, my son, but we will defend New Zealanders.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
New Zealanders, TRUE New Zealanders, do NOT poo poo. Ever. They hold it all in until their OE and sully the lands of the enemy.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
As a supertaster, pickles rule GTFO barons

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Debate & Discussion: The Problem Attic > New Zealand Pickles

New Zealanders, TRUE New Zealanders, do NOT poo poo. Ever. They hold it all in until their OE and sully the lands of the enemy.

Remuera?

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Nov 16, 2015

fartmanteau
Mar 15, 2007

Finally some coverage of the international weapons conference in Wellington this week.

(Sorry in advance for the Stuff link.)

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Vagabundo posted:

Debate & Discussion: The Problem Attic > New Zealand Pickles

The one thing that I truly miss from the United States is proper, crunchy kosher dill pickles. Every now and again there's like one jar of Vlasics in a dairy or something, but stateside, kosher dills are fuckin' everywhere for almost no money. All the pickles here are gherkins- sweet chewy poops.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

Ghostlight posted:

Burger Burger does medium-rare - first time I was there the server was like "now, our burgers come medium-rare, is that okay?" so I'm guessing they've had a few people complain their burgers weren't overcooked.

Something I seriously miss from Chicago is getting a sandwich anywhere in the city and it always coming with half or an entire pickle on the side just because that's how they roll.

I think most people probably encounter a pickle in maccas burgers, at any rate that's why I hate them. Well, until I had a good pickle in a good burger :D

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Also now I wish burger burger was in Wellington....

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I'm meant to be writing reports right now, but someone online is wrong about pickles.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

fartmanteau posted:

Finally some coverage of the international weapons conference in Wellington this week.

(Sorry in advance for the Stuff link.)
It's good to see Lockheed Martin is being proactive by promising a space fence before we even discover space mexicans.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

gently caress yeah pickle chat.

The bread and butter pickles at Burger Fuel are amazing. I would go so far as to christen them "The Money Pickle". It's worth forgoing everything else to get a C'n'cheese or whatever its called to get those mothers on your taste buds.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
We are of course forgetting the best burgs in the entire country, that being the 2 Cheeseburgers for $7 deal at Wilton Takeaway in Wellington.

As the sign on the window says

Chinese Tak
and Hambu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
they have a Lethal Weapon 2 pinball machine, a bunch of 5 year-old copies of Vice magazine, and a poster with all the fish on it

it's fuckin rad

• Locked thread