Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Have the mod that increases legendary enemies by 10x regardless of difficulty and I've still only seen 3 but I just got to Cambridge and they were all there. Two ghouls and a deathclaw. More legendaries as you explore more and level up more or just bad luck on my part?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It stays with you all the time. But really, only Danse's perk is universally useful. MacReady's is good if you use VATS(but it's lso bugged right now to always give you a 95% chance to heads). The rest are all pretty much trash.

Garvey's seems alright. +20% damage and +20 damage resistance when fighting 3 or more enemies. Which is pretty often. I'd probably like Valentine's extra hack attempt as well just for convenience's sake, if I didn't already mod out the minigame.

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

I got the tommy gun with that perk.

Tolstojevski
Apr 10, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm going to need more mines.

I tried going to that satellite array and my head fell off immediately. Are there certain parts where you're just supposed to use the power armor? I decided to go high intelligence but that didn't seem to be as smart of an idea in this iteration of the game.

If you like power armor it is a very good idea. I am doing grand with a 1 endurance, high intelligence and charisma character. INT will get you the perk that prolongs fusion core lifetime, CHR gets you good prices on the cores. Plus I keep finding the drat things around in abundance ( you can find like three right around Concord, and off the top of my head I found a container with like 5 in hardware town ) so I rarely go under 30 cores on hand and I do not step out of the armor if I'm not in a settlement or sweeping a place after a fight.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I was tooling around in the northwest portion of the map after having another look in Vault 111, when a Brotherhood Vertibird flew overhead, and two Brotherhood knights hopped out from 20ft up, and aggressively engaged...

...a bloatfly. One bloatfly.

"Another victory for the Brotherhood!"

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Where is the Magazine Rack located in the settlement building options?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Today I learned that Legendary Protectron's have mini-nukes inside them. RIP me.

e: lol it's the one in Fort Hagen at the start. The blast radius is inescapable unless you let the synths kill it.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 16, 2015

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Oh, Codsworth does not get angry at you for cannibalism. Good to know. "A growing woman needs her protein, I suppose" he said.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I found a way to fix the bug that was keeping me from completing the quest Unlikely Valentine where the door to Vault 114 wouldn't open. If you're in combat when you press the button, the door will open. Since I had already cleared out the area, I had to spawn in an enemy via the console, but it actually worked. I assume this is because the "plug Pipboy into vault control box" animation doesn't play if you try to open it while in combat.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Vargs posted:

The settlers in my primary base are constantly complaining about there not being enough beds even though there are 27 of them to split between the population of 17. Do you people just want me to build the walls out of beds instead? Use beds as tables, and beds for decoration? What more do you want from me?!

i think they need a roof over the bed. i had that happen until i moved all my beds indoors

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I wish Bethesda game guys would go play Metal Gear Solid V, see how a good stealth/patrol system works, then come back.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Are there any early guns besides the pipe rifle that can fire a .38? It's my go-to ammo because there's so much of it laying around, but I hate the pipe rifles so much. I saw you could eventually mod the hunting rifle's receiver, but I'm nowhere near gun nut 3 yet.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Sylink posted:

I wish Bethesda game guys would go play Metal Gear Solid V, see how a good stealth/patrol system works, then come back.
...And then incorporate the fulton recovery system with the vertibirds, and set up mother base.

Also Omi no Kami, I was in the same boat until I realised I could sell all the .38 ammo I got in and bought 10mm and .45 rounds until I unlocked scrounger.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

Today I learned that Legendary Protectron's have mini-nukes inside them. RIP me.

e: lol it's the one in Fort Hagen at the start. The blast radius is inescapable unless you let the synths kill it.

Same with Legendary Mr. Gutsys. Had one randomly show up at Finch Farm while I was organizing the new arrivals for their supply chains... :happyelf:

edit: oh god it wasn't random at all. It was there when I fast travelled there the next time. At least I managed to snipe it before it got anywhere near the farm this time

edit2: and it dropped a Tire Iron that uses 25% less AP... :suicide:

Icedude fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 16, 2015

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Edit: I am stupid.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Does anyone by any chance have the animal friend perk? Can you get animals to follow you at max rank? Says you can give commands.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Not enough talk about how awesome Hancock is in this thread.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Kimmalah posted:

Is there some kind of carry weight limit I don't know about? I was at 325 with armor mods and I took the second rank in Lone Wanderer but I didn't get an extra 100 pounds of carry weight. I also found a perk magazine that was supposed to give me an extra 10 pounds, but my carrying capacity hasn't significantly changed.

Dogmeat counts as a companion.

Edit: Well, poo poo, okay. Dunno what your problem is.

Remora fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Nov 16, 2015

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Running Windows 10, have done the two .ini file changes to get mods going. Still nothing works. Am I missing something important? I just want ps4 button prompts.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really do wish I could airdrop in power armor. That would make me use it more often.

Remora posted:

He doesn't for the perk, actually.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Remora posted:

No he doesn't. At least, not for the first rank of the perk. I had dogmeat and the lone wanderer perk and had 360 carry capacity. I switched to Cait and dropped to 260.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
So, can you just be a horrible, kill most people bad person? The first time I thought I'd slay someone for being annoying it was Piper, and when she refused to die the Mayor also proved that you can't just end people like you could in New Vegas.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Certain NPCs are still guarded by the "This character is a story character, stop shooting it" godhand of bethesda... Almost every NPC outside of major cities can be slaughtered for kicks however.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Elendil004 posted:

Silver Shroud questline end question How can you save Kent? I scared the bodyguards, but even if I get a killshot on the bad guys head he still magically pulls the trigger. Really annoying. Is kent just unsavable or something?

Maybe I just got lucky but I saved him after scaring the bodyguards without selecting "Kill me First". Had a fully charged four-crank laser musket before the fight, immediately went into VATS, hit the main bad guy with a head shot for an instant kill

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The only NPC I really wanted to kill so far was Mama Murphy and she's marked as essential :geno:

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

The only NPC I really wanted to kill so far was Mama Murphy and she's marked as essential :geno:

Just keep feeding her chems.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Maybe I just got lucky but I saved him after scaring the bodyguards without selecting "Kill me First". Had a fully charged four-crank laser musket before the fight, immediately went into VATS, hit the main bad guy with a head shot for an instant kill

I was stuck on this for like 30 minutes today, actually. What finally did the trick was walking into the room with a sniper rifle and hitting Sinjin with a single aimed shot (no VATS.) This pisses everyone off, but if you immediately go into Vats, you should get a kill shot on Sinjin before he can kill Kent. Everyone else will leave Kent alone and focus on you at that point, and you can pick them off one by one.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

People have said that there are no crits outside of the ones you trigger manually. I do hear the critical hit sound sometimes in VATS, though. Is that just the indicator that your crit bar is full?

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
The crafting system in this game is loving poo poo.

What do the different power switches/pylons/conduits do? Pretty weird for Bethesda to assume I'm an engineer to power some drat lights!

Awesome game otherwise though.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

titties posted:

People have said that there are no crits outside of the ones you trigger manually. I do hear the critical hit sound sometimes in VATS, though. Is that just the indicator that your crit bar is full?

they say that, but shots definitely do widely different amounts of damage independent of sneak attack modifiers and location. im pretty sure ive done anywhere from 1-2x damage just at random by shooting dudes in the head

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

titties posted:

I've hit the spacebar twice maybe and my stats page says I have a tonne of crits. I think they happen at random as well as on demand.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

jfood posted:

I've hit the spacebar twice maybe and my stats page says I have a tonne of crits. I think they happen at random as well as on demand.

yeah this too. ive used it maybe a dozen times but i have 117 crits. i have as many crits as i have kills and ive never shot two crits on the same bad guy

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Institute spoilers: Found a terminal that confirmed that MacDonagh, the mayor of Diamond City, is a synth, but I can't seem to tell anyone about it, since it wasn't part of a quest. It kinda seems like a big deal though, so is there an actual quest for this?

Being at the end of the Railroad's quests now, I have to say I like that they've reverted the BoS back to their Massive rear end in a top hat baseline. Do the Brotherhood quests explain much on how that happened? All I can piece together from what I've seen on the outside is something bad happened to the Citadel and to Lyons, and Maxton is all growed up now (and all dead now, along with all the other assholes on that blimp).

Also, I spent the last few perks levelling both the chem resistance and chemist perks, and holy poo poo I ended up binding one button on my mouse to Jet and another to Psychobuff. I can take down entire rooms before they get a shot off now.

titties
May 10, 2012

CelestialScribe posted:

The crafting system in this game is loving poo poo.

What do the different power switches/pylons/conduits do? Pretty weird for Bethesda to assume I'm an engineer to power some drat lights!

Awesome game otherwise though.

The small bits are to wire building interiors. The ones on poles are to string wire outside. Some of them have on-off switches.

The ones that pulse and have set intervals are probably to control the giant flashing neon signs that you can probably build eventually or maybe could be used by someone smarter tnah me to set up some kind of laser tripwire rube goldberg murder trap

E:

if you don't HATE BROTHERHOOD, the interior of the fort has an intact electrical system which shows how the interior conduits work. You just have to supply the generators.

titties fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 16, 2015

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

also for people who are having trouble with subtitles - they turn themselves off in the menu every time you re-load the game, but if you actually go back to the settings and turn them back on they should work fine

edit; does trashcan carla ever fuckoff or get new inventory? shes been in sanctuary with 5 caps and junk for weeks now

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Jesus christ this is the buggiest mess I've ever played. I've had 3 main story quests that are completely broken:

1) The quest "Dangerous Minds" just broke at the end and was impossible to complete. It took me 4 hours of loving around with console commands to get it to finish/start the next quest.
2) On the very next quest "The Glowing Sea", the guy in the cave Virgil didn't spawn and I also had to enable him with console commands to continue.
3) On the next quest "Hunter/Hunted," I joyfully discovered there's an entire loving section of the map that can become bugged and results in your game crashing if you try to enter it. The area is (no quest spoilers just some place names) East/Northeast of the CIT Ruins, West/Southwest of the BADTFL Regional Office, and Northwest across the bridge from the Mass Fusion Building. Not a crash with an error, the game just goes poof, with nothing even showing up in the event viewer. Apparently this is a huge problem that a lot of people are having on every platform. It has its own loving megathread on Bethesda's official forums: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1546438-fallout-4-crash-in-specific-area/page-1

I can understand a few errors in a game this big, but how in the motherfuck do three separate critical bugs in the main quest that completely stop you from advancing the main story make it through QA? This isn't from mods/cheats either, I didn't even open the console until the first main quest break I encountered and people have reported these bugs on every platform.

titties
May 10, 2012

Hakarne posted:

Jesus christ this is the buggiest mess I've ever played. I've had 3 main story quests that are completely broken:

1) The quest "Dangerous Minds" just broke at the end and was impossible to complete. It took me 4 hours of loving around with console commands to get it to finish/start the next quest.
2) On the very next quest "The Glowing Sea", the guy in the cave Virgil didn't spawn and I also had to enable him with console commands to continue.
3) On the next quest "Hunter/Hunted," I joyfully discovered there's an entire loving section of the map that can become bugged and results in your game crashing if you try to enter it. The area is (no quest spoilers just some place names) East/Northeast of the CIT Ruins, West/Southwest of the BADTFL Regional Office, and Northwest across the bridge from the Mass Fusion Building. Not a crash with an error, the game just goes poof, with nothing even showing up in the event viewer. Apparently this is a huge problem that a lot of people are having on every platform. It has its own loving megathread on Bethesda's official forums: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1546438-fallout-4-crash-in-specific-area/page-1

I can understand a few errors in a game this big, but how in the motherfuck do three separate critical bugs in the main quest that completely stop you from advancing the main story make it through QA? This isn't from mods/cheats either, I didn't even open the console until the first main quest break I encountered and people have reported these bugs on every platform.

The bug that kept me from finishing GTA V didn't get patched for over a month.

Broken quests in the Witcher 3, an open-world game with good graphics, were still broken 6 months after release. They were mostly side quests though. Welcome to video game 2015

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

if you send someone on a supply line and then re-assign them to the settlement, they never seem to stop being called "provisioner", so i guess you could do this to everyone you assign to a job so only new settlers are obviously without work. seems like a lot of effort to fix a lovely system though

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Hakarne posted:

Lots of bugs

I'm sorry to hear that, really. My play through has been so bug free that I would have told anyone who asked me 'Bethesda no longer releases games that are broken on launch. I played for 25 or 30 hours, beat the main quest, and had one single crash, in the final hour. Other than that no major problems at any point - I'm impressed with Bethesda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE
Dec 30, 2010

Does anyone know what the hell happened to The Vault wiki site over the last year or so? It used to be so legible, organized and up to date, now it's a loving mess to my eyes at least, and doesn't really keep tabs like it used to.

• Locked thread