Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Thanking me for my service is like thanking the bartender for giving you a drink.

That being said I'm not above using that poo poo for free food.

Yeah, I'm fat, I'm also getting medboarded. I'm living the American Dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Saw this thought of thread

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
thanks for your cervix

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Is that an orubouros?

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Looks kinda like a couple of grubs doing the 69, to me.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Geirskogul posted:

Is that an orubouros?

No, that's the last thing you see before you become the next letter in the Human Centipede that is the Army.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Does anyone at your gaining unit actually read your 1059 or whatever the documents called that has your course OML and grades and poo poo on it? It's going to take like 6 hours to get 74 LTs to read theirs and check it for spelling and ask a million questions about the OML.

I don't really give a poo poo about the OML and just want to give my Ok on it and go home no questions asked.

gently caress, I just want to play fallout 4.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
i don't know what you're talking about because i was never a gay noble, but i hope you have fun in Syria there LT Mustang :patriot:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

People keep being like "Why are you going into the IRR? poo poo is getting real!"

Motherfuckers, if I'm going to get recalled to deploy to Syria at least it means I'll get to spend the time between then and now not going to drill.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

to all you dumb motherfuckers who are still in

suck my dick from the back

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

have fun in syria

dont forget your pt belt

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
560 days...

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

What's happening? Too busy having my wife give birth to help leech off the system to pay any mind to the news

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Soulex posted:

What's happening? Too busy having my wife give birth to help leech off the system to pay any mind to the news

isis attacked paris

over 150 dead from multiple attacks

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Soulex posted:

They're about to have a war and everybody is invited

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

isis attacked paris

over 150 dead from multiple attacks

Because of that magazine poo poo? What the gently caress.

And it was during a euro qualifier? Apparently France vs Germany was playing and the president was there. :mindblown:

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Not my fat rear end. I can't even wear my IBA. They can have that poo poo.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Soulex posted:

Because of that magazine poo poo? What the gently caress.

nah

i mean maybe but honestly france is like that goat who's asking for it really bad to them

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Iraqinightout.avi

I still have that somewhere I think

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Is it true that if you are recalled from the IRR you'll not be put in a combat arms MOS because all reservists are support MOS, or what. It'd be pretty loving gay/miserable to go from being an active Infantryman to riding in the back of Jessica Lynch's humvee in the Syrian desert.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Justin Tyme posted:

Is it true that if you are recalled from the IRR you'll not be put in a combat arms MOS because all reservists are support MOS, or what. It'd be pretty loving gay/miserable to go from being an active Infantryman to riding in the back of Jessica Lynch's humvee in the Syrian desert.

Thankfully I ended up my IRR time earlier this year. I wouldn't go back though either way.

EDIT: At least they killed (hopefully) that Jihadi John guy. He cut the head off of a buddy of mine from basic training.

Obstacle2 fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 14, 2015

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
:stare:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Ended my IRR time in 98

SMDFTFB

FTA

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

free at last after 2010

have fun fuckers

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
More jobs for me if you're activated!

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women

Mustang posted:

Does anyone at your gaining unit actually read your 1059 or whatever the documents called that has your course OML and grades and poo poo on it?

The only people who care about a 1059 is HRC, and even then only if there is something negative on it (e.g "failed X"). Average and above, it's basically ignored. It's only real use is helping to pick people to kick out, and covering nonrated time. No one at any gaining unit gives a poo poo.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Justin Tyme posted:

I don't know, did they put IRR recalls into ARNG units or only Army Reserve? Because the former is mostly combat arms units while the Reserve is indeed almost exclusively support.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

I'm totally down for a year of tax-free combat pay. On the other hand, if I'm robbed of the opportunity by some folks at Minot AFB I won't shed too many tears either.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

I remember having a conversation with my boss, around a year ago, about the feeling that we were going to go party again in the next 5 years. Couldn't explain it, just a feeling. Welp.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

DoktorLoken posted:

I don't know, did they put IRR recalls into ARNG units or only Army Reserve? Because the former is mostly combat arms units while the Reserve is indeed almost exclusively support.

In 2009 all the recalls were going to the NG, my group of 120 or so was almost all 11B with maybe five 88M (and one marine) and everyone was split up between three guard units. I know at least some of the guys that were recalled early on around 2004 were sent to active units, but who knows what the policy is now or will be in the future.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Yeah one of my SLs was recalled to a NG AVN unit for Iraq.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
When my NG unit deployed to Iraq in 09, one of the guys in my platoon was an 11B IRR recall. His HOR was Los Angeles, so his BAH was more than his base pay. Dude made bank on that deployment.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hahahahahahahaah this unit is so amazingly hosed

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/11/15/fbi-investigating-worcester-army-reserve-break/2U9dZs6R5VApiNi30hvxHN/story.html

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Super hosed. Either they left weapons outside of the safe or somebody on the safe access list is involved with the theft.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Super hosed. Either they left weapons outside of the safe or somebody on the safe access list is involved with the theft.

exactly

god the level of fuckitude is palpable

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

Mustang posted:

Does anyone at your gaining unit actually read your 1059 or whatever the documents called that has your course OML and grades and poo poo on it? It's going to take like 6 hours to get 74 LTs to read theirs and check it for spelling and ask a million questions about the OML.

I don't really give a poo poo about the OML and just want to give my Ok on it and go home no questions asked.

gently caress, I just want to play fallout 4.

Like Paradise Lost mentioned, this is how it goes: BN S1 tells you, "Hey, you're finally getting that new LT you wanted," and you think that's awesome until you find out they got broke at some dumbass HOOAH school and now they're three months late. If said LT is polite they send you an overly formal email. Otherwise, one day you just have a new LT and you call S1 and ask WTF, and they say, "Oh yeah, we weren't tracking him. He's yours now."

Nowhere, at any step of the process, does the gaining unit see 1059s or any of that garbage. In fact I completely forgot about them until you mentioned them just now.

tl;dr version: fygm, smdftb

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I consistently finished my army schools in the top 5% and it has meant absolutely dick. I think he only one I didn't was WLC and that's because some people scored better than a 97.77%

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Any of you 19 series guys been through ARC? Start that the day after I get back from Christmas leave.

Pretty sure I'm going to freeze my balls off for a month.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Haven't been, no, but I hear it's pretty rad.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hope you like land nav and drawing pretty pictures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Drawing or seeing poorly and disproportionate naked women on port a johns will always be a thing.

• Locked thread