Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Defiant Sally posted:

I've bulked from 177 to 211 since July (10lbs gained in the last 5 weeks) and still have abs. Get on my level plebs.

Is it Amon Amarth that gives you such strength, or the blood of twinks? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Pesmerga posted:

Is it Amon Amarth that gives you such strength, or the blood of twinks? :ohdear:

Mostly Vader these days. Drinking blood also helps.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Gojira is my jam right now.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Defiant Sally posted:

Mostly Vader these days. Drinking blood also helps.

Vader is good, I've started listening to Primordial for deadlifts.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Uuughh, first leg day after being unable to hit the gym for a month.

http://tindeck.com/listen/fadke

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
You know what my favorite part about squats are?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Everything

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
Behemoth helps me summon Satan's power

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Costco has 5lbs of whey for 4.5x :10bux: Seems like a good deal to me.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Saw a swole dude pulling a 315 dl last night and doing some air squats before and after. Just bounce bounce bounce lift lift lift bounce bounce bounce.

He went on to do the same thing to 405, 495, 545, and finally three reps of 585.

Guess I'm adding some air squats to my deadlifts.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Tendons status: inflamed

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
couples who workout together and take up large amounts of space and equipment for long periods of time piss me off to no end

mondays are the worst god drat

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

You talking about bros or man/woman couples? My wife and I carpool to the gym but she can't keep up with the swole so I make faces at her from across the gym.

There's a couple of dudes who come in every day and wear tank tops and just do bench press. I'll spot you, bro, let me stand up near the bench with my balls over your face.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
man/woman buddies who do the same poo poo and just rotate and take up a bunch of freeweights. im in a smaller office complex gym so its not a big floorplan n poo poo

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Chinatown posted:

man/woman buddies who do the same poo poo and just rotate and take up a bunch of freeweights. im in a smaller office complex gym so its not a big floorplan n poo poo

What the gently caress. Just lift them up and remove them from the the gym.

PRed today with 4 reps at 237.5 on bench. 5/3/1 is a good program.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I had a 1000 calorie dinner tonight, but it's OK I'm still in a deficit.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

Lifting with a quality chick is ballin', you wrong.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Tweaked something in my forearm near my elbow while doing bent over rows. Hurts when I squeeze my grip, applied advil and ice.

Should I inject steroids directly into the tendons?

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
Lol if you haven't already lost all your friends due to a steroid induced rage session.

I'm building a monolith of muscle for one person only.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zahgaegun posted:

Lifting with a quality chick is ballin', you wrong.

agreed but drat just please dont be inconsiderate and lame.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
actually lifting with girls sucks rear end

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i mean i get why people do it but i literally want nothing to do with people when in the gym

thats why i have my bluetooth BUDZ literally as high as they go, destroying my hearing, because its better than interacting with people in the gym

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Defiant Sally posted:

actually lifting with girls sucks rear end

Quote for loving truth. The only times I've ever take a girl lifting I've immediately regretted it. The only exercise they were willing to do was squats. With a maximum of 30kg (bar plus two 5kg weights). Don't want to get bulky! :byodood:

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Agreed... Last time I took a totally untrained girl to the gym she squatted my body weight with ease and near perfect form. She was six inches shorter than me.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I've never even met a girl but I deadlifted 355 for 4 sets of 6 reps today oh hell yeah

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Does anyone here focus on anything other than standard weightlifting as their way to be and look awesome? I lift as regularly as life allows me, and I go months without skipping any days, but recently it has gotten so boring and stale, especially since it's such an isolated thing. Go in gym, lift heavy, go out. I'm not a social butterfly, but it's amazing how having some sort of friendly rivalry/camaraderie or mentor can give you that push when you wake up tired or hurt and go "What's the point?"

Maybe I should go for some sort of team sport or try a useful martial art or something. Get out of my comfort zone and all that

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I mean most team sports are just gonna improve your cardio so if you can handle being a bitchmade beta that does cardio I don't think it can hurt except that the instant your heart rate goes above 150 all your muscles turn into jello and a pair of nerd glasses just appears on your face magically

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I lift so I dont have to interact socially.

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

UnfurledSails posted:

Does anyone here focus on anything other than standard weightlifting as their way to be and look awesome? I lift as regularly as life allows me, and I go months without skipping any days, but recently it has gotten so boring and stale, especially since it's such an isolated thing. Go in gym, lift heavy, go out. I'm not a social butterfly, but it's amazing how having some sort of friendly rivalry/camaraderie or mentor can give you that push when you wake up tired or hurt and go "What's the point?"

Maybe I should go for some sort of team sport or try a useful martial art or something. Get out of my comfort zone and all that

Try MMA or BJJ.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
I sat in on a BJJ class once but it was just a bunch of hairy dudes wrestling on the floor, no shaved genitals of any sort.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Pesmerga posted:

Quote for loving truth. The only times I've ever take a girl lifting I've immediately regretted it. The only exercise they were willing to do was squats. With a maximum of 30kg (bar plus two 5kg weights). Don't want to get bulky! :byodood:

my mom was the same way when i tried to get her to live healthier and exercise, didnt want to do anything that might build... muscle!!!

she's 300+ pounds and recently destroyed her knees by falling on them.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
commercials and shows using women who quite obviously have done real lifting to run on treadmills and do light yoga as "feminine exercise" have prolly done more damage to womens health than anything else

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqgn0PD0aMQ

Just in case anyone was wondering.

UnfurledSails posted:

I'm not a social butterfly, but it's amazing how having some sort of friendly rivalry/camaraderie or mentor can give you that push when you wake up tired or hurt and go "What's the point?"

Whatever you do, don't lift with a chick. I think we've safely concluded they're allergic to gains.

Kidding. MMA/BJJ seems like a blast, go for it. There's also trail running/road running groups here and there - I've gone along for a few of these and they're always fun.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbAmh7hfaBM

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Can old people post itt? Because I'm gonna lift now and old enough to be your dad.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
we need some old people to balance out all the underweight twinks in here imho

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I ran for a half hour today.

Can still bench over 1.5x my body weight for sets.

Sorry you guys can't run but still stay ripped.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I ran for a half hour today.

Can still bench over 1.5x my body weight for sets.

Sorry you guys can't run but still stay ripped.

Can I have your knees, mine's hosed.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i use the elliptical and bike instead of the treadmilll because i enjoy being able to walk after working out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Are you a teenage girl or a 350 pound 60 year old

• Locked thread