Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

tsob posted:

They annoyed me a little bit, just because Atra stowed them in the helmets. There's really no point in putting on a normal suit in battle if you're not going to have your helmet on, or at least to hand. I imagine at least Atra should have known better since she knew how to put on a normal suit in the first place.

No-one else on the bridge was wearing helmets. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Normal Suit thing in general is weird because it just seems sort of haphazard. It was excuse to have the female cast members in their underclothing, obviously, but still.

That said I wanted Kudelia to put on the helmet because I wanted to know how the gently caress her hair would fit.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

The Normal Suit thing in general is weird because it just seems sort of haphazard. It was excuse to have the female cast members in their underclothing, obviously, but still.

That said I wanted Kudelia to put on the helmet because I wanted to know how the gently caress her hair would fit.

the same way all other long-haired characters' hair in sci-fi anime does: don't think about it

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ImpAtom posted:

This part was made even better by them lovingly animating her gigantic mane of hair flowing around in zero G.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

SyntheticPolygon posted:

No-one else on the bridge was wearing helmets. :colbert:

I presumed they all had theirs on hand in case there was a breach. If there was one both Atra and Kudelia were hosed though, since they'd have to run back down the corridor (possibly further) and dump a load of potatoes out of theirs to have any chance. Though I suppose there might have been spare helmets around the bridge too. Still, my pedantry was rustled and that's that :colbert:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

usually the bridge crew would be wearing their normal suits though, so i don't think it's a case of the girls being unique in their unpreparedness. if that stuff really matters

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
They were in the locker-room. How do we know they didn't just use spare helmets to stow the taters?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Darth Walrus posted:

They were in the locker-room. How do we know they didn't just use spare helmets to stow the taters?

They didn't have helmets with them when they went to the bridge.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ah, Mika's true waifu at last.

Anyway, I'm kind of blown away by this show. It's tense, intriguing, well acted, and even fairly funny.

"What a delicious name "

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

ImpAtom posted:

Kanos posted:

This part was made even better by them lovingly animating her gigantic mane of hair flowing around in zero G.

I have a feeling that Kudelia's hair is going to get cut short at some point, and I really hope I'm wrong because that massive ponytail is ridiculous in zero G and I love it. :allears: :ohdear:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

a kitten posted:

Ah, Mika's true waifu at last.

She's gonna have to get in line with Gaelio.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

This was quite possibly the best Gundam episode of anything in ages. I loved the battle choreography, "limited" amount of ship ammunition flying around, making every shot feel important and meaty, both ships facing each other with their most armored parts, etc. The dialogue felt like it could go few ways, like there was an element of choice. Perhaps this sounds extremely goony, but it was like I was watching a good RPG dialogue with several options and character strengths to utilize with different potential outcomes. Biscuit was awesome.

And it felt like anyone could die at any point due to lovely choices.

Dessel fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 16, 2015

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
This show is really tense, it gets me so hype. I was really expecting Akihiro to bite it when he's going full berserk at the end, and Mika's one-on-one was brutal as well.

boom boom boom posted:

They didn't have helmets with them when they went to the bridge.

This doesn't discount the possibility there were like 4+ helmets in that room and they left two full of potatoes and two they-really-should-be-wearing-these-but-this-is-anime-so-whatever helmets there

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
The Great Potato Mystery of IBO.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

They simply decided the potatoes needed some protection. Just lookin out for their li'l tuber friends.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

There's probably going to be a future scene where Kudelia's hair being too long for a helmet comes up. And it'll probably be a mix of comedy and serious drama. But mostly comedy.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

AradoBalanga posted:

There's probably going to be a future scene where Kudelia's hair being too long for a helmet comes up. And it'll probably be a mix of comedy and serious drama. But mostly comedy.

I thought it was coming this episode when Atra was looking at her oddly right as the animators made a point of her absurdly gigantic hair floating in zero-g.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
What a delicious name! :allears:

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

If Kihel and Diana can wear a normal suit helmet then Kudelia can.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Drill hair packs away more neatly.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

OneDeadman posted:

What a delicious name! :allears:

Biscuit own zone

In other news I think my favorite part of this is in any other show and even other gundam shows we would get a flash back of mika telling not guts to take these two suits on but instead he just hearing it echo in his head as he goes full :black101: on them in his piece of crap duct taped together graze. Basically the show seems to flow and have pacing which is blowing me away for a gundam specially after reconguista.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I hope the girl that shouted "What a delicious name!" gets to meet Cookie and Cracker, she's going to go loving insane.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
One other :stonk: detail this episode was that Maruba had Kudelia listed under the possessions he was handing over to Teiwaz. I mean, yes, Gjallarhorn presumably has a bounty out on her, but if that's what they were going for, then they had... quite a way of putting it.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

One other :stonk: detail this episode was that Maruba had Kudelia listed under the possessions he was handing over to Teiwaz. I mean, yes, Gjallarhorn presumably has a bounty out on her, but if that's what they were going for, then they had... quite a way of putting it.

I wonder if this implies her dad sold her to CGS as human debris, that could be interesting.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zasze posted:

I wonder if this implies her dad sold her to CGS as human debris, that could be interesting.

I had that thought as well, what with it being brought up earlier in the episode. At least I think some parallels were being made/will be made, even if she hasn't actually been sold as chattel.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 16, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm pretty sure he just means that he personally considers her his "property" since she was part of what Maruba agree to give him, but we'll find out eventually, I guess.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Akihiro just starts punching that Hyakuren's leg in desperation and I fall in love with him and the new girl who's crazy

This is a great show

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Hungry girl is great.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The OP has been out for a while now, but I'm bringing it up because sweet holy hell that album cover.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Baal posted:

Akihiro just starts punching that Hyakuren's leg in desperation and I fall in love with him and the new girl who's crazy

This is a great show

Akihiro is honestly pretty legitimately impressive as a pilot even after getting his rear end kicked. Without the aid of the super system he was at least surviving against two trained combat pilots in what amounts to a slightly modified IBO Zaku. He would have probably died there but he was at least giving it a good fight.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Akihiro is honestly pretty legitimately impressive as a pilot even after getting his rear end kicked. Without the aid of the super system he was at least surviving against two trained combat pilots in what amounts to a slightly modified IBO Zaku. He would have probably died there but he was at least giving it a good fight.

I keep forgetting they haven't rigged his graze with the AV system so he is pretty must rage learning how to pilot that thing without having the advantage of being wired to it with his whiskers.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Keep in mind that the Graze is state of the art in IBO, so it outperforms every non-Gundam mobile suit in the setting, officially.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Keep in mind that the Graze is state of the art in IBO, so it outperforms every non-Gundam mobile suit in the setting, officially.

IIRC the tech manual confirmed that the Jupiter mobile suits both outperform it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Nah, the manual says it's old but reliable, so there's a drive to get it replaced that's facing pushback from the pilots who know and love it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ImpAtom posted:

I had assumed they had given in and added an AV system to his Graze but hadn't specifically mentioned it, since it would be a pretty big and weird leap from "barely able to float in place and fire a gun" to "engage in high speed melee combat against two highly experienced enemy pilots, at least one of them an ace, and not immediately die" in such a short time.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

In the Road to Orphans video the Graze's designer says that the director told him they were the most advanced machine in the world though.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Kanos posted:

I had assumed they had given in and added an AV system to his Graze but hadn't specifically mentioned it, since it would be a pretty big and weird leap from "barely able to float in place and fire a gun" to "engage in high speed melee combat against two highly experienced enemy pilots, at least one of them an ace, and not immediately die" in such a short time.

In the previous episode Akihiro mentions how he wants some more simulator time with Mika, so it's not entirely out of nowhere that he can fly the Graze Kai well. He is Tekkadan's second-best pilot after all. Though yeah, I expect another mobile worker to get cannibalized so that he can jack in properly.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Darth Walrus posted:

The OP has been out for a while now, but I'm bringing it up because sweet holy hell that album cover.

Is Man on a Mission that rock band where they all got turned into werewolves by a scientist? I didn't realise it was those guys (dogs?) until now.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Red Bones posted:

Is Man on a Mission that rock band where they all got turned into werewolves by a scientist? I didn't realise it was those guys (dogs?) until now.

Man With a Mission, and yeah.

Wikipedia posted:

Before becoming popular, the band invented a back-story for why they wear wolf masks, which involves them being created as the "Ultimate Life Form" by Jimi Hendrix, who is described by the band as being the doctor of the guitar and master wolf biologist.[3] They were then frozen in Antarctica for years, before escaping and emerging on the Japanese music scene.[4]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I love the OP and that is the best paragraph I've ever read.

• Locked thread