Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Volkerball posted:

jfc you mean ross? let me ask you something, do you now, or have you ever, had any affiliation with the communist party?

yknow how in ww2 america forces would try to catch german infiltrators by asking them things like "who won the 1938 world series". i was thinking it would really suck to get that question popped on you if you were a guy who just didnt follow baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

can someone enjoy FO4 if they did not enjoy FO3

I can't play it on my current machine but I am curious

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

Berke Negri posted:

if I have a gear complaint its that it seems way much harder than it should be to tell normal armor and sturdy variant apart when listed, especially if modded it drops the sturdy name for the item

is there a way to group armor items? it's a pain to switch outfits.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

boxcarhobo posted:

you can rename your items whatever you want

i mean when shopping

i realized that unmodded sturdy stuff is about as good as fully upgraded normal armor so just been using that as a reference

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a2wEMeKJ7g

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Frazier is better than Cheers, but Kelsey is a complete poo poo head

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
^^^ wow preemptive answer

furthermore, what's the dadchat party line on cheers vs frasier?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

yknow how in ww2 america forces would try to catch german infiltrators by asking them things like "who won the 1938 world series". i was thinking it would really suck to get that question popped on you if you were a guy who just didnt follow baseball.

remember "what is the capital of texas" in red dawn

anyhoo I wonder what they asked lady infiltrators

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

eyyy dis mug don't even know about da bronx bombers

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rollofthedice posted:

^^^ wow preemptive answer

furthermore, what's the dadchat party line on cheers vs frasier?

cheers

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Volkerball posted:

loooooove and marriage looooove and marriage

Go together like house unt car

This I say to you brother, you can't have this without another

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Berke Negri posted:

i mean when shopping

i realized that unmodded sturdy stuff is about as good as fully upgraded normal armor so just been using that as a reference

oh right

I haven't bought any armor yet, I just use the minutemen general coat for now and shoot everything to death before it touches me

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Ummmmm Cheers was def the better show.

Also Wonder Years owned.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

PupsOfWar posted:

can someone enjoy FO4 if they did not enjoy FO3

I can't play it on my current machine but I am curious

why didn't you enjoy it?

fo4 is 150% a Bethesda Game, if that's what you're asking

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

whos looking forward to the 2025 ezra klein piece on why it he was wrong about starting a huge war with ISIS in 2016

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

"What won the Oscar for best picture in 1955?"

"gently caress"

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

They did this to an English actor and his answer was like "I haven't the foggiest but I have seen Ginger Rogers' tits"

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Rollofthedice posted:

best old-fashioned sitcom (like, with a laugh track and poo poo)

go

i love lucy
the jeffersons

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

boxcarhobo posted:

oh right

I haven't bought any armor yet, I just use the minutemen general coat for now and shoot everything to death before it touches me

lmbo if half your playtime isn't running around putting together an outfit that you're just going to use for one mission

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Luigi Thirty posted:

"What won the Oscar for best picture in 1955?"

"gently caress"

American Sniper?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mooyashi posted:

They did this to an English actor and his answer was like "I haven't the foggiest but I have seen Ginger Rogers' tits"

the GIs were like "link bro"

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Gravel Gravy posted:

American Sniper?

you'll never win 1950s game shows at this rate

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

icantfindaname posted:

why didn't you enjoy it?

fo4 is 150% a Bethesda Game, if that's what you're asking

fo3 I found dull in every respect

nv I liked storytelling-wise but still couldn't get past the clunky engine and combat

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

zoux posted:

the GIs were like "link bro"

Oh yeah it was this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IIl3zSYL8k

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

mooyashi posted:

did he give them back to her

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Remember when Ted Danson thought it was okay ot wear black face because he was dating Whoopi goldberg

WTC

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

this cheers poo poo smh

i watched nick at nite and cartoons, so i know old sit coms and modern cartoons and nothing in between

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Badger of Basra posted:

this cheers poo poo smh

i watched nick at nite and cartoons, so i know old sit coms and modern cartoons and nothing in between

this is the correct way to grow up. most goons grew up watching cartoon network, adult swim, and the weird anime poo poo that comes on after adult swim.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
i once had a boss who was like incredulous that i didn't understand all her pre-2000s television references and would regularly lambast me for being uncultured but she was shocked that i knew i love lucy

i did not have the heart to tell her that the reason i knew i love lucy was the same reason i didn't have the cultural touchstones she relied upon

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

zoux posted:

whos looking forward to the 2025 ezra klein piece on why it he was wrong about starting a huge war with ISIS in 2016

tom friedman and judith miller and the rest of the vispy crew haven't even acknowledged how catastrophically wrong they were in 2003 sooooo

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Badger of Basra posted:

this cheers poo poo smh

classic tom & jerry was my favorite, but i think that was cartoon network
that and rocko's modern life were like the 2 cartoons i gave a poo poo about as a kid

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Rollofthedice posted:

classic tom & jerry was my favorite, but i think that was cartoon network
that and rocko's modern life were like the 2 cartoons i gave a poo poo about as a kid

i liked the weird 60s tom and jerry that had bizarre sound effects

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

PupsOfWar posted:

fo3 I found dull in every respect

nv I liked storytelling-wise but still couldn't get past the clunky engine and combat

then stay the gently caress away from fo4, because it's exactly the same dull setting and polish and clunky engine and combat you've come to expect from bethesda

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
God the Devil and Bob was pret good it shouldnt have been canceled

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
rockos modern life was crude as hell lol. remember when that and ren and stimpy were controversial.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i didn't watch ren and stimpy because it scared me

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Volkerball posted:

rockos modern life was crude as hell lol. remember when that and ren and stimpy were controversial.

ren and stimpy was the Saw of children's cartoons

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
i watched none of these shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
I watched a lot of old looney tunes. still like speedy Gonzales, rip racist caricature

• Locked thread