Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Joementum posted:

Quote of the morning, “Could you ever imagine a caliphate — I didn’t even know what the term meant, literally, a year ago — a caliphate the size of Indiana, garnering energy each and every day because of our inaction?” ~ Jeb!

So that's where Jeb's energy went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Comparing yourself to a mobster is never a good move politically. In any case this would work better with Christie.

It's a bizarre choice, why would anyone running for office want their image associated with someone who makes money based on ineffectual government policies and corruption?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

w really was the smart one :negative:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Someone please do a Scarface poster with Jeb! so conservatives have something to hang in their dorm rooms.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Joementum posted:

Quote of the morning, “Could you ever imagine a caliphate — I didn’t even know what the term meant, literally, a year ago — a caliphate the size of Indiana, garnering energy each and every day because of our inaction?” ~ Jeb!

The caliphate spirit bomb is growing more powerful by the day. -Jeb

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does freedom of religion not even nominally mean anything to his voters? I mean I know it doesn't but I thought they at least paid lip service to it.
They're all free to be Christian, just like everyone else.

-Literally an argument I have heard

Kind like the argument against marriage equality of "they all have the same right to marry someone of the opposite sex just like everyone else".

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

w really was the smart one :negative:

Eh, he was the electable one. You don't have to be smart to be elected, just well managed and charming.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Eh, he was the electable one. You don't have to be smart to be elected, just well managed and charming.

w knew what a caliphate was ten years ago!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

tsa posted:

People have been discounting Trumps chances since first started running, if he took the nomination I certainly don't think he'd be a favorite in general but certainly would have a chance. I mean the same people have gone from saying he had a 10% ceiling in polls to grudging acceptance that he could very well take the nomination. Comparisons to past hopefuls that surged early and then fell have proved vacuous.

Also, there's a good chance Friday just completely changed this election from a 08/12 economy focused election to a 04 Foreign Policy/Terrorism election. That might favor Hillary but then again the Obama admin's foreign policy has largely been horseshit. They laughed at the idea of a resurgent Russia and also flubbed again on Syria/ISIS.

Regardless of that I think Rubio's sunk. Between immigration reform and his comments on the refugee crisis I don't see him winning in this current environment. The establishments best chance is Cruz honestly, you just aren't going to pull the crazys in for anyone else.

The problem with Trump is that he is hated by women and minorities. There are enough angry white men to make Trump a force in the Republican primary, but in the general not so much.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

The caliphate spirit bomb is growing more powerful by the day. -Jeb

AAAAAAA
LLLLLLAAAAAHHHHH
HUUUUUU
AAAAAAAAAAK
BAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

It's quite hilarious, given the huge anti-establishment feelings sweeping the base (and the accompanying belief that party elites of the establishment control everything), that Jeb! would choose to use puppetry imagery in an advertisement.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Veto CoryOwned will fix it.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

*THAN

Also, I have to admit I am more than moderately excited for Jeb!'s campaign!

richardfun fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 16, 2015

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Kylra posted:

They're all free to be Christian, just like everyone else.

-Literally an argument I have heard

Freedom of religion means you're allowed to worship Jesus Christ any way you please, yeah.

I notably recall this argument from an interview with Roy Moore, the Alabama judge who got in trouble years ago for hanging the Ten Commandments in his courtroom and refusing to remove them.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I wonder who will do better with woman, the guy who can't go ten seconds without saying something sexist about women or the potential first woman president

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Lovely.

'Religious freedom for me, but not for thee'.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Zelder posted:

I wonder who will do better with woman, the guy who can't go ten seconds without saying something sexist about women or the potential first woman president

Trump will neg women into voting for him.

Trump/Leykis 2016

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Trump only wants hb10's voting for him

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

richardfun posted:

*THAN

Also, I have to admit I am more than moderately excited for Jeb!'s campaign!

Maybe he just wants the caliph first before the politicians.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 22, 2016

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

FAUXTON posted:

Maybe he just wants the caliph first before the politicians.
The caliph provides pretext for supporting pro-war politicians.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

holy loving poo poo. what the gently caress is this kinda of insanity. whats worse is extremely easy to reword and place in a different time. "by taking the jews out of germany, we are complicit in Hitlers dreams of a Jew free Germany" what the gently caress is wrong with sanatorium. does he just want loving martyrs or does he honestly believe in this BOOTSRAPS the middle east bullshit. this is honestly the worst thing i have read in long loving time.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Zelder posted:

Trump only wants hb10's voting for him

Trump should run on a "No Fat Chicks" platform

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

hmmmmm

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
a new speaker every other month, forever

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
The solution to terrorism is autocannibalism

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I'm not sure what they told Ryan to convince him. Have fun dude

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I wonder which candidate will respond to this

quote:

“When I hear folks say that: ‘Well, maybe we should just admit the Christians but not the Muslims,’ when I hear political leaders suggesting that there would be a religious test for which person who’s fleeing from a war-torn country is admitted, when some of those folks themselves come from families who benefited from protection when they were fleeing political persecution, that’s shameful,” Obama said on Monday during remarks at the G20 summit in Antalya, Turkey. “That’s not American. That’s not who we are. We don’t have religious tests to our compassion.”

He pointed to Pope Francis’ speech to Congress when the Catholic leader “didn’t just speak about Christians who were being prosecuted” but said we need to protect all people who are vulnerable.

“It is very important for us right now, particularly those who are in leadership, particularly those who have a platform and can be heard, not to fall into that trap, not to feed that dark impulse inside of us,” Obama continued. “I had a lot of disagreements with George W. Bush on policy, but I was very proud after 9/11 when he was adamant and clear about the fact that this is not a war on Islam. The notion that some of those who have taken on leadership in his party would ignore all of that, that’s not who we are.”

After telling Republicans to follow Bush’s example, he continued, “Whether you are European or American, you know the values that we are defending — the values we’re fighting against ISIL for — are precisely that we don’t discriminate against people because of their faith. We don’t kill people because they’re different than us. That’s what separates us from them.”

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2015/11/16/3722550/obama-muslim-refugees/

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

mike12345 posted:

I'm not sure what they told Ryan to convince him. Have fun dude

keys to Boehner's liquor cabinet

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Santorum and Huckabee have read the Gospels, right?

What disgusting human garbage these people are.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
It's stupid as hell, too, they should be jumping at the chance to bring in thousands of people and convert them to the American Dream.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Any predictions on when conservatives will say Liberals want to let refugees vote.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Bryter posted:

Santorum and Huckabee have read the Gospels, right?

What disgusting human garbage these people are.

I would pay cash money (not very much) to have "Please respond to the following quote from a notable religious leader: 'Love your enemies, bless those who persecute you, do good to those who hate you'" inserted into the next Republican debate.

Both to see how many people completely fail to recognize it and dismiss it as liberal nonsense, and to see how many people try to hem and haw that Jesus didn't know about Muslim terrorists or something.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

docbeard posted:

Freedom of religion means you're allowed to worship Jesus Christ any way you please, yeah.

As conservative Christians prove day after day! :smith:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

tsa posted:

People have been discounting Trumps chances since first started running, if he took the nomination I certainly don't think he'd be a favorite in general but certainly would have a chance. I mean the same people have gone from saying he had a 10% ceiling in polls to grudging acceptance that he could very well take the nomination. Comparisons to past hopefuls that surged early and then fell have proved vacuous.

Also, there's a good chance Friday just completely changed this election from a 08/12 economy focused election to a 04 Foreign Policy/Terrorism election. That might favor Hillary but then again the Obama admin's foreign policy has largely been horseshit. They laughed at the idea of a resurgent Russia and also flubbed again on Syria/ISIS.

Regardless of that I think Rubio's sunk. Between immigration reform and his comments on the refugee crisis I don't see him winning in this current environment. The establishments best chance is Cruz honestly, you just aren't going to pull the crazys in for anyone else.

The only way that Republicans win is by doubling the number of Latino voters Romney got in 2012. Cruz lost the hispanic vote by a landslide to his white democractic opponent in his one Senate race. And Trump....yeah right.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Someone please do a Scarface poster with Jeb! so conservatives have something to hang in their dorm rooms.

Jeb! is so exciting that this just seems natural.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Shageletic posted:

The only way that Republicans win is by doubling the number of Latino voters Romney got in 2012. Cruz lost the hispanic vote by a landslide to his white democractic opponent in his one Senate race. And Trump....yeah right.

The premise of Rubio's entire bid for the candidacy is that he'd pull in more Hispanic voters than any other possible GOP nominee. I don't think Cruz is even viewed as Hispanic by Hispanic voters.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

OctoberBlues posted:

Say hello to my little polling numbers...

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

I only tell you once: Don't gently caress me, Rubio. Don't you ever try to gently caress me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 22, 2016

• Locked thread