Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

quote:

"GeekBench is a synthetic, mobile benchmark," Moorhead tells Engadget. "The benchmark code is more like mobile application code than it is desktop code." Using GeekBench to test A9X versus Intel chips is "like comparing apples and oranges or an SUV with a sedan on the straight-away," he explains.

i think i get what he's trying to say here but.... what??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Necc0 posted:

i think i get what he's trying to say here but.... what??

its unfair to use a mobile benchmark to test a mobile platform when intel chips are clearly not suited for mobile platforms

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i have opinions

opinions about chips

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
mmmm I love chips. chips with tomato sauce and vinegar and salt mmmm. chip butty. maybe chips with curry sauce. mmm m

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Dodoman posted:

sounds legit

does the fishmech AV turn you into fishmech

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

chips are good

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

uncurable mlady posted:

does the fishmech AV turn you into fishmech

might as well roll with it while i have it, having a gimmick is kinda fun

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

that's faster tracking than any cintiq too

rip overpriced wacom shitheaps

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Pissflaps posted:

mmmm I love chips. chips with tomato sauce and vinegar and salt mmmm. chip butty. maybe chips with curry sauce. mmm m

sour cream & onion dude

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Pissflaps posted:

same

proof:

El_Elegante posted:

I like 2 eat chips

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Pissflaps posted:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

to be fair vinegar chips are pretty good

if youre drunk anyway, I havent tried them sober

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Snapchat A Titty posted:

to be fair vinegar chips are pretty good

if youre drunk anyway, I havent tried them sober

what are you waiting for

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Lays and its ilk are chips. You're talking about frys. Problem? Your pussy Fag country shoulfa built some epic bombs , planes, and warships.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Double post

Smythe fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Nov 15, 2015

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

voodoo chips tho

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

El_Elegante posted:

what are you waiting for

i only see them in irish bars around here, and im rarely sober inside an irish bar :(

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
I thought British folk called them crisps

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
 Pencil is slightly weighted so that when it rolls on a desk, it always lands with the " Pencil" part facing up

thanks timb

thimb

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
that owns

I was playing with a new macbook the other day at the store, closed the lid and was about to open it with 2 hands when an apple guy said "just use one hand", I did and magically it opened without lifting the bottom half off the desk

duder says they not only designed it that way but they have machinery that automatically tests and adjusts the hinge resistance on the assembly line to make that happen, on a per machine basis

so in conclusion apple owns

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the new macbook also brings some of the manufacturing practices pioneered in the iphone and the watch. individual components with tiny micron-scale imperfections in the cutting/molding are matched to other parts with complementary imperfections so they fit together perfectly.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

so i tried the pencil out in the store and it was nearly the same experience as the microsoft tablet pcs from 10 years ago, lag-wise. that is to say, if you write quickly to jot down notes, there is a small, but perceptible lag (its worse in 3rd party apps, but definitely there in apple's own Notes app) that is one of those things that gets distracting in that you always kinda notice it. i had high hopes that their totally different tech would allow them to eliminate any perceptible lag.. in addition, the wacom pens have the nice feature where you flip them around and the back end works like an eraser automatically. the apple pencil doesn't, even though it could-- the back end is the charging port instead. which reminds me, wacom pens don't need charging, and apple pencils can't charge while the ipad pro is plugged in to charge. so basically im disappointed in the pencil. one thing i'll say is it has great palm-rejection, but of course wacom pens don't have that issue at all

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

so i tried the pencil out in the store and it was nearly the same experience as the microsoft tablet pcs from 10 years ago, lag-wise. that is to say, if you write quickly to jot down notes, there is a small, but perceptible lag (its worse in 3rd party apps, but definitely there in apple's own Notes app) that is one of those things that gets distracting in that you always kinda notice it. i had high hopes that their totally different tech would allow them to eliminate any perceptible lag.. in addition, the wacom pens have the nice feature where you flip them around and the back end works like an eraser automatically. the apple pencil doesn't, even though it could-- the back end is the charging port instead. which reminds me, wacom pens don't need charging, and apple pencils can't charge while the ipad pro is plugged in to charge. so basically im disappointed in the pencil. one thing i'll say is it has great palm-rejection, but of course wacom pens don't have that issue at all

who paid you to come and shill this nonsense eh? did thurrot put you up to this?

TELL ME WHAT THE NUMBERS MEAN DIXIE

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

Apple Pay is expected to expand to its third market this week, launching in Canada this Tuesday, November, 17, reports iPhone in Canada. As previously announced, Apple Pay will be launching through an exclusive partnership with American Express, initially limiting the reach of Apple's payments service in the country.

"apple pay" "canada" "american express"

"american express"

"canada"

wtf are you doing apple

the video seems to show it being faster than the Surface. and i don't think the wacoms even have touch (some of the non-screen Bamboo ones have touch, though). so in comparison to the wacom, it's doing more (touch), and in comparison to the surface, it's doing it at least a little faster. so sorry but i think it's doing pretty well. i've heard from graphics artists that this is basically a god send, wacom doesn't even sell high-DPI stuff and it's all way more than $799.

also the pen can get up to 4 hours battery life from a 90 second charge or something

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

pencil, kevin. pencil. please return to the reeducation center for reprogramming

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

PleasureKevin posted:

"apple pay" "canada" "american express"

"american express"

"canada"

wtf are you doing apple

America isn't just a country

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Its extremely likely that none of our lovely money grubbing banks would agree to apples terms. so Amex is the only card issuer they could make a deal with

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
it's almost like apple spends more time, money, and effort on the packaging than all pc manufacturers spend on the product itself

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

THC posted:

Its extremely likely that none of our lovely money grubbing banks would agree to apples terms. so Amex is the only card issuer they could make a deal with

i was going to say maybe mbna canada or capital one canada but didn't they both get bought recently?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's gonna own when apple buys amex

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

triple sulk posted:

it's gonna own when apple buys amex

lol that would own

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Internaut! posted:

I was playing with a new macbook the other day at the store, closed the lid and was about to open it with 2 hands when an apple guy said "just use one hand", I did and magically it opened without lifting the bottom half off the desk

this is bullshit i want opening my laptop to be a needless mighty struggle like opening a giant clam or bear trap

gently caress you timc

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

we have Amex cards here in canada

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Skarp posted:

we have Amex cards here in canada
never leave home without it, and also another major credit card

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

if you live in a real city you will find that amex is taken pretty much everywhere

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Kenny Logins posted:

never leave home without it, and also another major credit card

Rule 36 violation if you're shopping where Amex isn't accepted.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

It’s only November, but Apple’s 2016 iPhone plans are starting to crystallize slowly but surely. According to a short message posted on the Weibo network by IHS Technology Research Director Kevin Wang, Apple is planning to release a 4-inch iPhone 6c in mid-2016.

Notably, this isn’t the first indication that Apple’s 2016 iPhone lineup may hit store shelves a little bit earlier than usual. Not too long ago, the typically reliable Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities issued a research note indicating that Apple in early 2016 is planning to launch a 4-inch iPhone model with an A9 processor. As it stands now, the only 4-inch iPhone model currently available from Apple is the iPhone 5s, a solid device to be sure, but one that’s more than two years old at this point.

countdown to the phone shrinking to the size of the watch, giving you notifications from your skateboard sized tablet

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

pls tim

pls ship the 4-inch iphone with touch ID and improved battery life

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

It’s only November, but Apple’s 2016 iPhone plans are starting to crystallize slowly but surely. According to a short message posted on the Weibo network by IHS Technology Research Director Kevin Wang, Apple is planning to release a 4-inch iPhone 6c in mid-2016.

Notably, this isn’t the first indication that Apple’s 2016 iPhone lineup may hit store shelves a little bit earlier than usual. Not too long ago, the typically reliable Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities issued a research note indicating that Apple in early 2016 is planning to launch a 4-inch iPhone model with an A9 processor. As it stands now, the only 4-inch iPhone model currently available from Apple is the iPhone 5s, a solid device to be sure, but one that’s more than two years old at this point.

countdown to the phone shrinking to the size of the watch, giving you notifications from your skateboard sized tablet

:flashfap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

THC posted:

pls tim

pls ship the 4-inch iphone with touch ID and improved battery life

do u mean apple pay cuz 5s has touchid

• Locked thread