Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

T1g4h posted:

GTX 970 owner here, they're totally worth the price. I've got the 4gb EVGA 970 and it's a beast. Fallout 4 and GTA V on max settings at 1080p with no issues, that level of beast :v:
I have a 970. I barely turn my desktop on these days. I should really sell it one of these days and put in a 965 or something. Most demanding thing I do is supreme commander on dual 1920x1200s. Well, someday I'll play star citizen I guess. Are they still doing refunds on that game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

T1g4h posted:

GTX 970 owner here, they're totally worth the price. I've got the 4gb EVGA 970 and it's a beast. Fallout 4 and GTA V on max settings at 1080p with no issues, that level of beast :v:

Yeah I just built a new system w/ a 4g MSI 970 and it's the poo poo - made a huge difference in BF4 over my prior Radeon 4870 (iirc?). Real glad I didn't skimp with a 960 like I was planning; if it's a gaming - oriented upgrade that's just silly.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I fixed the garbage Sebring that needed struts, and got my $100 in actual money from offered-sex-as-payment girl. And then on the way home my 2000 civic decided that it was done running on the side of a 55mph state route. Fuel pump makes noise, so it's probably the coil/igniter/cap/rotor etc because ~Honda~
Now I'm driving my considerably jankier 99 civic that really needs ball joints and rear brakes.

Cars suck. gently caress cars.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Hypnolobster posted:

I fixed the garbage Sebring that needed struts, and got my $100 in actual money from offered-sex-as-payment girl...

...Cars suck. gently caress cars.

If you'd accepted that offer it could have been a girl instead of a car.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Locator posted:

If you'd accepted that offer it could have been a girl instead of a car.

Or more likely both.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Or on the floor.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

ExplodingSims posted:

Sup Fallout Melting buddy. I haven't quite killed my card with it yet, but can barely run it and the textures look like rear end on it.
Also tried to run GTAV on my PC. That got some interesting results. :frog:

The textures weren't loading properly for me until I did this:

quote:

Go to ENB website enbdev. com/mod_fallout4_v0282.htm Download latest ENBoost for fallout 4 Open it with rar or whatever Archive extractor program Copy ALL files from the "Patch" folder to ur Fallout 4 Game folder (where Fallout4.exe is).
Next open file "Enblocal.ini" ForceVideoMemorySize=true VideoMemorySizeMb=4096 - without any crash (i have GTX560 1Gb VRAM and AMD 8350) VideoMemorySizeMb=6000 - IF u have 8Gb RAM VideoMemorySizeMb=10000 - IF u have 16Gb RAM
Thats it. Enjoy the game. PS Textures needs to load if u come closer to them so it take on my HDD about 2-4 seconds in huge towns. FPS - 30 - 40. All credits goes to Boris Vorontsov ENB Developer

Now the world isn't made up of blurry objects!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I like my 960, but I got it for a stupid price six months ago and, as I said, I've got a microatx case and tight heat requirements, and its a budget, not gaming, build. If you're going for gaming, 970 is the bees knees

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Hypnolobster posted:

Cars suck. gently caress cars.

That's sums it up for me lately. Every car in the family (4) that I take care of needs loving work and I have a pile of parts collecting dust because I'd rather go loving fishing, but this weekend I almost wasn't able to do that because my Miata decided to have a random misfire while I'm driving it with a hosed brake booster which is not fun if you like stopping quickly.

All because the exhaust studs broke on the protege, and should not have been driving the Miata to begin with but the gently caress if that's gonna stop me from going fishing :colbert:

But yeah gently caress cars.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I just picked up a 960 for $150 vs nearly double that for a 970, the way I see it it's still an upgrade from my 5750. Plus it's that much more I'll have to spend on the rest of the rig, and be able to buy a properly buku card later on.

E: Are we still doing mashups? Because this one is my perennial favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__vv2EhpEK0

followed by this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHZN3foEeOQ

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 16, 2015

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Mothafuckas COME ON!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETfiUYij5UE

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Holy gently caress. What did you eat?

First my daughter was sick, then my son, then my turn was on the way home.. California elementary schools are a wonderful melting pot of viruses.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzmWzXLPa6I

Also Girl Talk and The Kleptones do some great mash up

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN2VKL-4Pj4

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

There's so many Thomas the Tank Engine mashups. It just works for everything!

Also Hood Internet are still some of the finest purveyors of mashup entertainment and I play this to people any time I want some confused expressions that turn into smiles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLweJruGx_w

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
https://nonplayablerecords.bandcamp.com/track/bruno-mario.

https://nonplayablerecords.bandcamp.com/track/gerudo-thong-party-track

And I know he linked it earlier but you HAVE to listen to this

https://nonplayablerecords.bandcamp.com/track/enter-seinfeld

Seriously why does this work?

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
This is my favorite one of those silly mashups https://soundcloud.com/ideaot/macklerena

pro tip: search soundcloud for the tag "soundclown" if you like this beautiful garbage

you'll find things such as the best 12 seconds i've heard https://soundcloud.com/mcmangos/lorde-royals-funny-parody

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Boss asked me to sit in on a few interviews this week. It's my first time on the company side of the table. Any tips? Will this be the first step towards button-downs, trendy eye wear and middle management?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Best part about Fallout 4 so far: Walking up to a group of surprisingly non-hostile raiders in a full suit of power armor, only for them to threaten to kill me if I didn't pay a 100 cap toll. Never change, you idiotic drugged up shitheads :allears:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

keykey posted:

First my daughter was sick, then my son, then my turn was on the way home.. California elementary schools are a wonderful melting pot of viruses.

Dude at work had a wicked cough last week, swore he wasn't sick (he has three kids in school, also California) and we forced him to go to medical...where they just gave him cough drops.

Texted me yesterday and told me he felt like he was dying, and I just woke up to go to work and now I'm feeling loving sick too.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I've been waking up for the past week to a sore throat and various levels of mucus. I like to get sick before I leave town on vacation. Fffffff

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Been coughing all night, got 30 minutes of sleep and work is calling me in to cover someone's shift. loving kill me already, should have ignored the text message and slept.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

gently caress people who come into work sick and infect everyone else.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

88h88 posted:

gently caress people who come into work sick and infect everyone else.

My manager has a sickly brood and comes in sick all the loving time. Ticks me off and I'm always telling her she should work from home instead of spreading the germs to the rest of us, but she never listens and inevitably one or more of us end up sick and missing days or working from home because of it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The Locator posted:

My manager has a sickly brood and comes in sick all the loving time. Ticks me off and I'm always telling her she should work from home instead of spreading the germs to the rest of us, but she never listens and inevitably one or more of us end up sick and missing days or working from home because of it.

Inevitably she'll be the type to talk poo poo about you being ill constantly too, too dense to realise she's the host for the vast majority of illness... You don't get bravery points by being at work with something contagious, just stay away so you can limit everyone else's exposure to your grossness.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

This is by far the best one I've found so far. I'd legit listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XeI9H2__gM

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
This weekend I replaced a wheel hub assembly on my winter car. After completing the job and throwing the axle nut back on I realized my torque wrench doesn't go high enough for the torque specs (175ft/lbs). Didn't want to bother my friend so I called a local monroe shop and asked if they could just spec it for me and I'd tip em $20 and they said sure bring it over.

I get there and wait about 20 minutes and someone finally comes outside with me. All he has is a 1/2 socket wrench and the socket. No breaker bar or leverage of any sort. He puts it on, tried lifting up can't do it. Turn it around and tried pushing down can't do it. He tried for no more than 15 seconds or so and said "This is retarded its way too tight, you're on your own" and walked inside without saying anything else and left me :confused:.

Came home, put my 1/2 inch socket on with a *gasp* pipe on the end of it for more leverage. Backed it off half a turn and then drove to my friends house where he specced it in 5 seconds.

What a muppet. I've never complained at any establishments before but right away I came home to make a complaint on their website.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Locator posted:

The real fun is dealing with this at a company that makes working from home a nightmare (if they even allow it) because they're so overly paranoid about "not getting what they're paying you for". So nobody wants to take their sick time unless they're actually deathly loving ill.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I don't have sick days at my current job. I have PTO that can be used for sick days or as vacation time. Kind of encourages me to go to work sick than to stay home.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

88h88 posted:

Inevitably she'll be the type to talk poo poo about you being ill constantly too, too dense to realise she's the host for the vast majority of illness... You don't get bravery points by being at work with something contagious, just stay away so you can limit everyone else's exposure to your grossness.

She is actually really good about people taking time off, and I already work from home two days per week so if I am feeling iffy, then working from home is fine.

I just don't like being sick, so would prefer she apply the same sort of practice to herself.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Man, I'm bad at cameras haha. I picked up a Canon T3i off of another goon 2 weeks ago for doing video stuff, and I have a X100T in the mail since they went on sale and it was bundled with a $250 shotgun mic.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Fallout chat: I'm running it on a gtx560 and it's surprisingly smooth. The only thing is I know this game is supposed to look awesome because on Piper's coat it looks wet. All of her clothes look wet. You know when in skyrim sometimes a dragon's textures don't fully load so it looks like a blobby piece of shiny poo poo that's breathing fire on you? That's what everything looks like to me. It's so ugly. I want a 970, but gently caress $300 for a graphics card is hard to justify right now. I love having Codsworth say Mister Patrick? It's just fantastic. :allears:

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I haven't driven my Volvo 242 in like 6 months, I used to turn it on every once in a while to move it, but haven't in like 2 months since we cannibalized some parts for a friend Megasquirt install.

I open the door today to find the interior covered in rat turds.

:suicide:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Rats and mice loving suck :(

I need to fix up the tractor, rustproof the Roadmaster, and maybe fix one of the MJs this weekend because I'm between a rock and a hard place with winter on the way. Really hoping the blue MJ isn't full of rat poo poo... the electrical is bad enough without their help.

kastein fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 16, 2015

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

BloodBag posted:

Fallout chat: I'm running it on a gtx560 and it's surprisingly smooth. The only thing is I know this game is supposed to look awesome because on Piper's coat it looks wet. All of her clothes look wet. You know when in skyrim sometimes a dragon's textures don't fully load so it looks like a blobby piece of shiny poo poo that's breathing fire on you? That's what everything looks like to me. It's so ugly. I want a 970, but gently caress $300 for a graphics card is hard to justify right now. I love having Codsworth say Mister Patrick? It's just fantastic. :allears:

Codsworth is the best companion. Gives no fucks, buzzsaws super mutants no problem.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Going to work wasn't too bad. Made the new trainee drive asap, missed a few points on his training that I'll go over with him tomorrow. Also found out that my boss was putting me up for a raise of an unknown amount (up to dm). So all in all, totally worth the suffering. :toot:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Hello darkness my old friend.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

mariooncrack posted:

I don't have sick days at my current job. I have PTO that can be used for sick days or as vacation time. Kind of encourages me to go to work sick than to stay home.

At a previous job I was written up for calling in sick and then and then again about 10 months later when I showed up with the flu, running a 102 degree fever and frequently vomiting.

My manager denied having written me up for being sick previously until I showed him the paperwork bearing his signature, and then claimed I didn't "understand" that I wasn't written up previously for actually being sick but for calling off on a Sunday because I was one of a handful of people working that day. He never could explain how this meant I wasn't expected to show up regardless of health issues/illness.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Nov 16, 2015

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Geirskogul posted:

Hello darkness my old friend.

What are we supposed to notice in that blurry small photo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

ADEQ emissions station, the bane of that orange Beetle's existence.

• Locked thread