Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

deadlyrhetoric posted:

I was visited by a celebrity tonight.
I had Guybrush Threepwood once try to interdict me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

WebDog posted:

I had Guybrush Threepwood once try to interdict me.

Did he tell you that you fight like a Dairy Farmer?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

RabidWeasel posted:

The agility rating for the Viper Mk4 has me extremely concerned that it will actually suck balls though, if someone with beta access could confirm that it's good then that would be nice. And it still only has a C3 power distributor.

When I tested out the Viper mk4 it felt pretty sluggish at times.

But a post on Frontier's forums from someone who did testing said it was with in 5% of the Viper's values for agility.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Xae posted:

When I tested out the Viper mk4 it felt pretty sluggish at times.

But a post on Frontier's forums from someone who did testing said it was with in 5% of the Viper's values for agility.

The viper is kind of a dog in maneuverability considering its size.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Leaving the blue zone really neuters the MkIVs agility, but in the zone it still felt pretty good.

JagGator
Oct 31, 2012
So what's the Arexe equivalent for grinding out Empire rank? I need to get from Baron to whatever will get me into a sweet ~800t Cutter by the time beta ends.

Truckers gotta truck.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

JagGator posted:

So what's the Arexe equivalent for grinding out Empire rank? I need to get from Baron to whatever will get me into a sweet ~800t Cutter by the time beta ends.

Truckers gotta truck.

Fehu, skjghkjsdjbsomething's Resort

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=200980 posted:

Hello Commanders!
In the next beta update, we'll be making some adjustments. I'll briefly explain each one, and the reason behind it.
We are doubling the length of time a shield cell provides shield regeneration benefit. This effectively makes shield cells stronger, mitigating slightly the need for cell stacking.
We're retaining the heat penalty for cell use, but improving heat sink effectiveness. So you can still stack cells, as long as you are able to spend the heat sinks.
We're adding a small amount of damage reduction to hull reinforcement packages. These are additive and increase the effectiveness of the packages (including module protection, as the damage reduction gets applied before modules are hit).
The end result of this is to make both shield cells and hull reinforcement packages viable, but not without cost. Fundamentally, using a shield cell should fry your systems a little, but can be managed with heat sinks to avoid massive hull damage (module damage from heat, is in general. quite light, even though the feedback is a little startling).
In addition:
We've increased the amount of SYS power a collapsed shield can "suck" to reform quite a bit, especially at higher classes. The effect of this is that large shields should reform significantly quicker, around a third of the time it would take before, in the best cases.
Zorgon Peterson has offered all of its FDL customers a free upgrade kit: slight improvements pitch and roll rates, a larger power plant housing (size 6) and more efficient cooling systems.
As with always, I look forward to your feedback.
To help manage this thread, please provide a heading comprising of SHIELD CELL, HULL PACKAGE, SHIELD GENERATOR or FDL as appropriate with your response (you can talk about multiple points, just use multiple headings)

Welp, time to save up and add an FDL to my collection again.

Chrysophylax
Dec 28, 2006
._.

FDev posted:

Good poo poo

Almost exactly everything I ever wanted re: shield mechanics, goddamn FDev :eyepop:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
So having tested out the Cutter and the Corvette I'm feeling relatively confident in say that in their current state, I'm probably going to stick with my Anaconda. The awful handling of the Cutter (even with A rank thrusters which will probably cost 150M+ CR) doesn't make up for the considerable boost in hauling capacity and the poor jump range and hardpoint placement of the Corvette doesn't make up for it's improved maneuverability.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Sard posted:

We've increased the amount of SYS power a collapsed shield can "suck" to reform quite a bit, especially at higher classes. The effect of this is that large shields should reform significantly quicker, around a third of the time it would take before, in the best cases.

Omg

timn
Mar 16, 2010
I figured the cutter might be frustrating for combat with the poor maneuverability and small distributor, but why not outfit it for mining/hauling? Seems like the extra cargo space would be great to allow for more limpet controllers without cutting into overall cargo capacity. And in that configuration you could skimp on the pricier internals to keep the cost less insane.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I just can't wait to roll an SRV out of my shiny green python and then watch it go off into the sky on it's own.

Of course, this has to be timed perfectly so that it inadvertently rams Parramemetic or Kermit's ship as they come in to land.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
The question does still stand as to what happens if your ship meets an unfortunate end while it's still in your instance but you're not inside it.

And yeah, those changes that were posted look really great, I do kinda wish they would give the FDL's FSD an upgrade while they are at it, but then I feel like they could stand to just make all jump ranges higher. At least this upgrade sets a precedent for them to give other existing ships an upgrade.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

AndroidHub posted:

The question does still stand as to what happens if your ship meets an unfortunate end while it's still in your instance but you're not inside it.

CMDR AndroidHub has no usable ships left! CMDR AndroidHub blacked out!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

timn posted:

I figured the cutter might be frustrating for combat with the poor maneuverability and small distributor, but why not outfit it for mining/hauling? Seems like the extra cargo space would be great to allow for more limpet controllers without cutting into overall cargo capacity. And in that configuration you could skimp on the pricier internals to keep the cost less insane.

My two cents:
I like my Anaconda because a different playstyle is typically a high tech station away. If I'm ratting RES's and want to do a bit of mining I can just pop over to a station and outfit myself to mine. In its current incarnation, the increased carrying capacity of the Cutter doesn't outweigh its inability to perform in a combat situation if that's what I want to do. I'm not sure how to address it either since I don't think you can just up its agility without causing some balance issues. Perhaps with the inclusion of stored fighters and multicrew the Cutter will truly shine.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Bear in mind that the current worst cases take like 20+ minutes to recharge so we're still talking a long rear end time.

AndroidHub posted:

And yeah, those changes that were posted look really great, I do kinda wish they would give the FDL's FSD an upgrade while they are at it, but then I feel like they could stand to just make all jump ranges higher. At least this upgrade sets a precedent for them to give other existing ships an upgrade.

Yeah this is huge purely because it's the first time they've changed ship stats on Live since the Python nerf, and the FDL is probably going to be terrifying now but I guess that's what you get for 0 jump range. I am honestly more interested to see how effective hull tanking might be with the damage reduction.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Are collision physics between ships and SRVs confirmed or disconfirmed? How much fun I have with buggies hugely depends on if I can ride them on top of ships.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

CMDR AndroidHub has no usable ships left! CMDR AndroidHub blacked out!

:razz: nice

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to make a general announcement:

Gutamaya Supremacy, Get hosed Fed Idiots

That is a Cutter with 720 armor, 2272 shields, and a boost speed of 352. It can pop off shield banks like it doesn't care and it can drop the heat sink for 2400 shields.

The Corvette, on the other hand, is sad and weak in every way.

However, it does have 666 base armor, which owns.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Paramemetic posted:

That is a Cutter with 720 armor, 2272 shields, and a boost speed of 352. It can pop off shield banks like it doesn't care and it can drop the heat sink for 2400 shields.

Over 800M Cr :chanpop:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Paramemetic posted:

Yeah, if you fit a ship completely against it's strengths, it will be sad and weak. Now look at this.

2735 armor, 1035 shields.

Almost the same in raw HP, but it's still more maneuverable and has a bunch of utility-module to further neuter enemy ships, like the Cutter for example. With the additional damage reduction for reinforcement packages, the Corvette just dances around the Cutter, letting the imp ship look like a tool.

JagGator
Oct 31, 2012

Libluini posted:

letting the imp ship look like a tool.

Ummm, excuse me, but which one can park in the mailslot and wedge itself in there with its parking break/landing gear?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Libluini posted:

Yeah, if you fit a ship completely against it's strengths, it will be sad and weak. Now look at this.

2735 armor, 1035 shields.

Almost the same in raw HP, but it's still more maneuverable and has a bunch of utility-module to further neuter enemy ships, like the Cutter for example. With the additional damage reduction for reinforcement packages, the Corvette just dances around the Cutter, letting the imp ship look like a tool.

That is extremely dope. I had not seen the changes to Hull Reinforcement Packages from today that will make them actually useful and good.

That does even the field a bit and p much owns.

I've heard that maybe Cutter flies like a piece of poo poo also but haven't seen it for myself. I am wondering if the dudes flying it tho know how to fly imp ships (sideways and never not boosting).

The hull reinforcement upgrades and SCB nerfs have me hella excited tbqh.

Edit: the long and short of it is I am extremely stoked for this update.

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 16, 2015

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Paramemetic posted:

I assume this is primarily just so you can ram the everloving poo poo out of stuff? I agree with N4I's assessment that the Cutter looks nice but handles so poorly that it's effectively useless in combat so you're certainly not ever going to be able to turn it enough to keep any of your guns on whatever you're trying to hit, even with gimballed mounts as the Cutter turns slower than a Type-9 does :(.

I don't know if you've actually tried them on the beta yet but they've changed shield cells and with that build all of your shield cells add over 100% heat each use so a single heatsink launcher isn't really enough as you basically need a heatsink launcher per shield cell bank to be able to not fry all your systems and melt your hull if you pop them in rapid succession. They've also added a module boot up time if you've turned them off so unless you keep your shield cell banks online you won't be able to effectively extras in combat since they now have a 20 second startup time before they can be used.

That said, there are positive changes, too. They've massively buffed hull reinforcement packages to the point where you should be jamming them in any available class 5 and under internals that you have nothing in because a couple of 3D hull reinforcements usually gives more armour than military grade composite on most ships. They also added a new type of shield that has less overall capacity but recharges 50% faster which is reaaaaaally good on ships like the FDL that have enough utility mounts to stack a few boosters.

Essentially what they've done (and with those changes they announced today, holy poo poo those are great and they're actually listening) is made it so you need to sacrifice shield boosters for heat sinks if you want to use your cell banks in an effort to stop people from stacking stupid amounts of shield cell banks and whoever has the most shield cells wins. Even with heat sinks, activating a cell bank that pushes you over 100% heat has a really good chance of causing a module malfunction which is the last thing you want in combat. Overall I'm pretty happy with the direction they're going as the extra time that the cells are active and the increased effectiveness of heatsinks ought to promote more interesting gameplay.

Anyway taking all the stuff above into account, I'd probably suggest something more like the following if you were intending on PvPing with that build (which I assume you were since there's no KWS on it):
http://coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_cutter/08A8A7A7D7A7D6C1r1e1e1c1c1c1c04040404070202024p625n3cf62d2d6l24.Iw18ZZA=.IwBj4yo4CY2MIA==

Dropped it down to a size 6 and 8 cell bank combo, added more heatsinks, added an interdictor, added hull reinforcements, changed medium pulses to turrets (given their placement on the ship it should give you full coverage by 2 of the turrets regardless of where your enemy is) and changed power management so important modules (like your FSD) are online all the time in case you need to disengage from a fight and can't afford to wait for the FSD to turn on and be available. You go down to 'only' 1780 shields but you now have 1500 armour and have all of your important combat systems available at all times including both shield cell banks.

If you were planning on using it in RES, I'd recommend trying out the new shields since they recharge super fast:
http://coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_cutter/08A8A7A7D7A7D6C1r1e1e1c1c1c1c0m04040404040202B7615n3c052d2d6l24.Iw18ZZA=.IwBj4yo4CY2MIA==

Down to 1530 shields but they recharge 50% quicker than normal shields (and boosters/cells are consequently more effective on them which is great if you're not trying to survive an alpha strike). Also added KWS, upgraded size 8 cell bank to 8A, swapped heatsink for a booster. I still wouldn't recommend this because the pitch of the thing is very poor and while your turrets will help a bit you'll have a hell of a time trying to bring the large pulse/cannon to bear on targets (same issue the PvP build will have).

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 17, 2015

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Libluini posted:

I'd up the Life Support to a C or higher since with a D a lucky hit to the cockpit will mean that you'll likely suffocate to death before your ship explodes if you don't run ASAP once the shields drop.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Mercurius posted:

I assume this is primarily just so you can ram the everloving poo poo out of stuff? I agree with N4I's assessment that the Cutter looks nice but handles so poorly that it's effectively useless in combat so you're certainly not ever going to be able to turn it enough to keep any of your guns on whatever you're trying to hit, even with gimballed mounts as the Cutter turns slower than a Type-9 does :(.

+ :words:

I have not played the beta and mostly made that because I saw that it was up on Coriolis and wanted to see how high the shields could go. It wasn't really a build for anything, which is why it was set up for neither PVP nor PVE. It is looking like this update is good in so many ways that theorycrafting at this point will have to be left to people with the beta access. I don't have it so I have to rely on others. I am hugely excited to see the end of the SCB meta and hull packages becoming a real thing worth having.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Paramemetic posted:

I have not played the beta and mostly made that because I saw that it was up on Coriolis and wanted to see how high the shields could go. It wasn't really a build for anything, which is why it was set up for neither PVP nor PVE. It is looking like this update is good in so many ways that theorycrafting at this point will have to be left to people with the beta access. I don't have it so I have to rely on others. I am hugely excited to see the end of the SCB meta and hull packages becoming a real thing worth having.
Yeah, I do have beta access and was speaking from my own personal experience regarding the Cutter of it being super fast in a straight line but ughhhhh the turning circle and drift is so bad. If there's anything in particular you want me to try out, let me know.

I posted something to this effect earlier but basically I think the Cutter needs its agility upped (especially since in one of Michael Brooks' books it's described as being favoured by the Empire over the Anaconda because it's more agile which it is absolutely not right now), drift reduced and probably its shield strength and top speed reduced slightly to compensate. The hardpoint placement is decent (good coverage in a 360 sphere with medium turrets and great convergence on the large/huge) but the C7 PDS is a bit lacking. I really hope they can fix it because it looks completely awesome and I would love to fly one but, yeah, not in its current state.

In a similar vein, the Corvette needs to have a Class 7 FSD to be competitive because a 12.5LY jump range when the Cutter can do 16 and the Conda 18.5 in the same sort of kit is laughable. That said, it's actually pretty great for combat as it's fairly agile and all but one of the hardpoints is on the top or sides of the hull (although the large point is on the underside of the hull) plus the weapon convergence is absolutely awesome for fixed gun use. It's also a pretty good hull tank and there's a video of a pubbie in the beta with literally no shields and 2700 armour taking on everyone that fought him and murdering all of them. If they introduce C4 beams or pulses in Horizons it's going to be an absolute monster against anything medium and above, especially if they allow you to use the two fighters with AI controlling them.

Overall I'm really optimistic about the SCB/hull changes since it really looks like they're pushing for a single SCB (why they don't limit it to just one module is anyone's guess) and the tweaks to the FDL are going to mean it'll easily be my (and everyone else's, too, probably) favoured PvP ship. The fast recharging shields are just great for fighting NPCs along with the faster recharge on collapsed shields so everyone wins, really.

Still probably going to be using my Anaconda for a while though :sigh:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

radintorov posted:

I'd up the Life Support to a C or higher since with a D a lucky hit to the cockpit will mean that you'll likely suffocate to death before your ship explodes if you don't run ASAP once the shields drop.

In 2017, when I have the money to buy a Corvette, I will try to remember your sage advice

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Someday I will buy this Cutter and disappear into metallic rings until the end of time.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Paramemetic posted:

8A fittings all costing more per fitting than my entire outfit

This game

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Mercurius posted:

Yeah, I do have beta access and was speaking from my own personal experience regarding the Cutter of it being super fast in a straight line but ughhhhh the turning circle and drift is so bad. If there's anything in particular you want me to try out, let me know.

I posted something to this effect earlier but basically I think the Cutter needs its agility upped (especially since in one of Michael Brooks' books it's described as being favoured by the Empire over the Anaconda because it's more agile which it is absolutely not right now), drift reduced and probably its shield strength and top speed reduced slightly to compensate. The hardpoint placement is decent (good coverage in a 360 sphere with medium turrets and great convergence on the large/huge) but the C7 PDS is a bit lacking. I really hope they can fix it because it looks completely awesome and I would love to fly one but, yeah, not in its current state.

In a similar vein, the Corvette needs to have a Class 7 FSD to be competitive because a 12.5LY jump range when the Cutter can do 16 and the Conda 18.5 in the same sort of kit is laughable. That said, it's actually pretty great for combat as it's fairly agile and all but one of the hardpoints is on the top or sides of the hull (although the large point is on the underside of the hull) plus the weapon convergence is absolutely awesome for fixed gun use. It's also a pretty good hull tank and there's a video of a pubbie in the beta with literally no shields and 2700 armour taking on everyone that fought him and murdering all of them. If they introduce C4 beams or pulses in Horizons it's going to be an absolute monster against anything medium and above, especially if they allow you to use the two fighters with AI controlling them.

Overall I'm really optimistic about the SCB/hull changes since it really looks like they're pushing for a single SCB (why they don't limit it to just one module is anyone's guess) and the tweaks to the FDL are going to mean it'll easily be my (and everyone else's, too, probably) favoured PvP ship. The fast recharging shields are just great for fighting NPCs along with the faster recharge on collapsed shields so everyone wins, really.

Still probably going to be using my Anaconda for a while though :sigh:

Yeah I'm reaching the same conclusion re: C4's on the Corvette. I tried a build where I put C3's in the slot and it worked out fairly well but I feel like it neuters the ship's "gimmick".

As I think I've said before, I'm holding off on carping about the jump range until we get a better idea of how consumables will be collected and used. (That said, I wouldn't object to a small -- even a 2 or 3 LY boost -- on the Corvette's jump range).

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Shine posted:

Someday I will buy this Cutter and disappear into metallic rings until the end of time.

If, after the introduction and expansion of shipboard manufacturing, the endgame of Elite is to become a reclusive deep space hermit nomad wandering among and charting stars tens of thousands of lightyears from the nearest outpost, only rarely appearing like some ghost story at ports to register your findings and restock on cup noodles- assembling everything else you need as you go- that'd be pretty okay.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sard posted:

If, after the introduction and expansion of shipboard manufacturing, the endgame of Elite is to become a reclusive deep space hermit nomad wandering among and charting stars tens of thousands of lightyears from the nearest outpost, only rarely appearing like some ghost story at ports to register your findings and restock on cup noodles- assembling everything else you need as you go- that'd be pretty okay.

If, by then, Frontier has introduced some kind of super expensive high-end explorer I can use to explore in style, I would be OK with it, too. Otherwise I would be forced to use a Federal Corvette instead and terrorize the core regions as Dread Pirate Vanderheim.

Edit:

I would try to stalk explorers and blow them up with my two huge guns while telling them stuff like "Well, it's not my fault really. If the Anaconda weren't so ugly, I wouldn't even be here. Besides, the Anaconda can't do this." "Opens fire with two C4 plasma cannons"

Libluini fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Nov 17, 2015

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Probably worth waiting until they make it so that repair units work on canopies (which they said they want to do, but won't be in for 2.0) but after that, yeah, I'll probably be doing that too.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

As I think I've said before, I'm holding off on carping about the jump range until we get a better idea of how consumables will be collected and used. (That said, I wouldn't object to a small -- even a 2 or 3 LY boost -- on the Corvette's jump range).

I am too, but my enthusiasm for the Corvette has weakened significantly after learning that the Federation's "long range patrol" vessel has a 12ly jumprange with decent combat fittings.

EDIT: From what I can gather so far, it seems like the Anaconda is still the best all-rounder of the three big ships, in that you could easily refit an Anaconda into a hauler, fighter, or explorer without too much compromise, whereas the Corvette and the Cutter have great stats but are hobbled by a few glaring shortcomings (the Vette's awful range and hardpoints, the Cutter's awful handling and distributor).

3 fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 17, 2015

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

As long as shipboard manufacturing includes the ability to poo poo out limpets I'll be happy.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

3 posted:

I am too, but my enthusiasm for the Corvette has weakened significantly after learning that the Federation's "long range patrol" vessel has a 12ly jumprange with decent combat fittings.

EDIT: From what I can gather so far, it seems like the Anaconda is still the best all-rounder of the three big ships, in that you could easily refit an Anaconda into a hauler, fighter, or explorer without too much compromise, whereas the Corvette and the Cutter have great stats but are hobbled by a few glaring shortcomings (the Vette's awful range and hardpoints, the Cutter's awful handling and distributor).

I've given feedback to that end on the forums, we'll see if anyone listens :shrug:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I've given feedback to that end on the forums, we'll see if anyone listens :shrug:
Thanks, I got yaffled when supporting our wayward space cat so I can't post there any more. I really do think that the Corvette just needs a C7 FSD and it'll be good. It'll increase its jump distance while fully loaded to about 17LY which might be slightly too high but then, as noted, it is described as being used for 'Long Range Patrols'. It's either that or drop the base hull mass by 200t which I don't think they'll do.

e: haha oh man I just realised with a C6 powerplant you're going to be able to do this on the FdL and have enough power for it (although I can't quite squeeze it down under half the optimal mass without downgrading the C4 gun which is kind of the whole point):
http://coriolis.io/outfit/fer_de_lance/05A5A4A4A6A4A3C1r1b1b1b1b0j0204040404B25d326b25.Iw18aQ==.IwBj4zOUg===

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 17, 2015

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Arrath posted:

As long as shipboard manufacturing includes the ability to poo poo out limpets I'll be happy.

This would thrill me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Tried the Corvette. Fitted it with two huge cannons, fired at an NPC Asp and stripped its shields off in a single volley. Tried the Cutter out, fitted it for speed and hauling. It can chain boost 365 forever and haul 728 cargo. But man its a dog trying to turn it. It looks a lot better than the Clipper as well.

I don't see the issue with the Corvette having a poo poo jump range and it being listed as a long-range support vessel. Have any of you flown an FDL for any length of time? That also has a garbage jump range. The problem with the FDL and going anywhere with it isn't its jump range, it's the tiny tiny TINY fuel tank. You can make two full-range jumps and have to fill up. You spend all your time traveling fuel scooping and having jump anxiety. That's what makes the FDL a lovely traveler. The Corvette on the other hand has a nice fat fuel tank and thus doesn't have that issue. If it's meant to patrol then it's fine, you can't patrol from whichspace. :v:
That being said I am not against making its jump range better, I just want to illustrate it isn't as bad as people make out to be.

• Locked thread