Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

SisterFister posted:

How much should I pay for Psijic Ambrosia and where should I look for it?

On PC NA, Perfect Roe (the component that's hard to get) is ~12k, meaning the materials cost of Psijic Ambrosia is ~3k. You'll typically see them on guild stores with a 10% markup. I wouldn't pay more than 3.5k.

No idea what the economy's like elsewhere.

e: Also, level up provisioning so you can put three points in Connoisseur before you drink them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
In this vein, which guild vendors? Just go to the ones next to the Undaunted Enclave or something? Occasionally I find one out in the middle of nowhere with nothing but recipes or something.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
Which guild traders are "good" depends strongly on what you're looking for. If you only want to travel to one place on PC NA (and with the loading screens the way they are, I can't blame you), Reaper's March/Rawl'kha has the best traders. Wrothgar/Orsinium (apart from the hike to the northern exit) is a decent second place, followed by Deshaan/Mournhold and Stormhaven/Wayrest. Craglorn/Belkarth used to be great, but it's now a desolate wasteland.

e: Also, if you give me roe I will make ambrosia for you for free, just hit me up in guild chat.

tgidieday fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 15, 2015

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

SisterFister posted:

How much should I pay for Psijic Ambrosia and where should I look for it?

No more than 3k/p, and I don't know for PC. For PS4 EP, the Riften crafting station hut is the de facto marketplace.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Am i supposed to have a guy called "soul of dusk" with Molag Bal's VA yelling at me every so often?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Baron Porkface posted:

Am i supposed to have a guy called "soul of dusk" with Molag Bal's VA yelling at me every so often?

When you see Malcolm McDowell, seek help immediately. Do not compliment him on his long johns, do not listen to his speeches about baseball, do not help him with his rocketry project, and definitely do not eat his microwavable nachos.

e: Closest thing I can remember is from picking up an amulet in Grahtwood for the quest Phantom Guilt.

tgidieday fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Nov 15, 2015

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Where is it at? I don’t know what they have the name set as in subtitles, but my only thought is that it could be nearby Dolmens. Or that it's a bug in a region, for a few days in Orsinium everyone was hearing shouts from a quest near the starter area.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh don't mind me just Jesus-Beaming people here and trying to get a ki-OH HOLY gently caress WHAT :stare:

Well then :staredog:

:smugdog:

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Sky Shadowing posted:

Where is it at? I don’t know what they have the name set as in subtitles, but my only thought is that it could be nearby Dolmens. Or that it's a bug in a region, for a few days in Orsinium everyone was hearing shouts from a quest near the starter area.

Cyrodiil

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
You Jesus Beamed a whole keep to the point of capture?! Dang!

:v:

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

What's a good site to look up different builds? I keep finding places that want to give me huge term paper style pages on different builds, but all I want is a list form. "This many points in this, this many points in that, these abilities, these weapons, etc."

Is there any place like that?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

HAHA the load times were about completed quests all along!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah who knew. Props to Zenimax for un-loving that mess. Now they just need to un-gently caress Cyrodiil and we're in business.

E: Wrobel made a forums account. Surprised he wasn't torn apart

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 17, 2015

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Sky Shadowing posted:

Apparently it was my Shield, grievous ward.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

EP getting ganged up on by Team Green in Blackwater Blade last night.

Pushed em back after they opened the Gate of CHIM and took our poo poo back before we hit an AD zerg brick wall at BRK.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Style materials that are bound on pickup.

Yep. Solid choice...

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Inventory screen shows how different gear will affect stats now. That's a pretty cool touch.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

We pissed off Fengrush tonight!

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Has the guy who designed the subtitles for this update never seen subtitles before? They don't belong in the middle of the screen at size 90 font.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Scyantific posted:

We pissed off Fengrush tonight!

Not necessarily difficult to do, but I am sorry I missed it.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation
Why am I getting a champion point every five minutes? Did they change something to easy mode, or am I glitched somehow?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

SisterFister posted:

Why am I getting a champion point every five minutes? Did they change something to easy mode, or am I glitched somehow?

Getting your first champion point takes about one-tenth the xp it used to. The xp required increases linearly* with champion points earned, reaching its old value somewhere in the mid-400s. You can reasonably expect your first hundred champion points to take only a few minutes each, especially if you have enlightenment saved up.

* Actually to the 0.995 power, which is art school linear.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

tgidieday posted:

Getting your first champion point takes about one-tenth the xp it used to. The xp required increases linearly* with champion points earned, reaching its old value somewhere in the mid-400s. You can reasonably expect your first hundred champion points to take only a few minutes each, especially if you have enlightenment saved up.

* Actually to the 0.995 power, which is art school linear.

By used to, you mean before this most recent patch right?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

SisterFister posted:

By used to, you mean before this most recent patch right?

Yeah, before the Orsinium DLC.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
I made an effort over the last two nights to use up the hoard of food (which I will be replenishing) and make a lot of v15, v10 and v5 drinks and food for the guild bank. I also took out a lot of the duplicate recipes, but there are still a lot in there, so if you've ever wanted to learn provisioning -- its easy -- now is the time.

I also deposited a bunch of crafting materials for people, please don't be greedy -- make things, use things, make things for the guild bank. We still have a bunch of assorted crap that tends to sit in there, but its better now.

Bonapartisan fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Nov 20, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Welp, finally got banned off ESO forums.

What got me banned?

quote:

Usually people who report others for trolling without any substantial evidence beyond "I don't like what he's saying even though it's not violating TOS" would get suspended themselves, but this is Zenimax we're talking about, so they'll get off scot-free for abusing the report system

The funny thing is that this is true. People have abused the report system and have gotten away with it.

E: Apparently this is the new system that's being worked on to replace Veteran Ranks

Rich Lambert posted:

A little context here before this gets too out of hand…

We’re still working on the system – nothing is finalized. (which is why we’re not really talking much about it yet)
The intention is that once you hit 50, champion points take over. Veteran Ranks are completely removed.
When Veteran Ranks are removed, we will convert any Veteran Ranks on your highest character into CP.
To get a rough idea of balance - think of 10CP = 1 VR. (so 160 CP will roughly = VR16)

Additional Details:

We’re planning on giving 2.5 CP for every VR level you’ve earned on your highest level character. (40 for a VR16 character)
When the conversion happens, any player with CP less than their old veteran rank * 10 will instead be given enough CP such that their total is VR * 10. For example: A player is VR14 with 75 CP, they will be given 65 CP (140-75) instead of 40, so that they can still equip any gear they may have.
We will make sure the 16 attribute picks you got from VR1 to VR16 will carry over. (current plan is an achievement that goes up in 10 CP increments until 160)

Keep in mind that none of the stuff above is 100% locked in. We're still implementing the feature - things are subject to change. It's important that everyone understands they are not suddenly going to have to have 501 CP in order to equip the top level gear. We will introduce new gear, with higher CP requirements sometime in the future, but we won't be making huge jumps. (i.e. - we won't go from 160 to 400 suddenly)

Once we finalize the system and lock in more of the details, we will discuss things in more detail and answer questions.
And Wrobel posted in the Reddit AUA yesterday that the new Champion System will have gear locked behind Champion Ranks.

So basically, they're just scratching out the "Veteran" in Veteran Ranks and replacing it with "Champion."

loving lol.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 20, 2015

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
If you want to get into ESO now (on PC), it's on sale.

75% off the regular game, 66% off imperial edition.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited-imperial-edition

I have used bundlestars before. You just won't get a Steam key if you worry about things like that.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

IAmTheRad posted:

If you want to get into ESO now (on PC), it's on sale.

75% off the regular game, 66% off imperial edition.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited-imperial-edition

I have used bundlestars before. You just won't get a Steam key if you worry about things like that.

Wow, thanks for posting this. Sent it to my friend. It would be nice to have just more than my wife and myself playing.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Scyantific posted:

So basically, they're just scratching out the "Veteran" in Veteran Ranks and replacing it with "Champion."

Yes, let's rearrange the endgame deck chairs every couple months, surely that won't alienate anyone.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

tgidieday posted:

Yes, let's rearrange the endgame deck chairs every couple months, surely that won't alienate anyone.

That's what I said, and yet everyone went apeshit on me for "trolling and spreading misinformation."

Looking back I'm honestly glad I'm done with those forums. The important stuff gets ignored in favor of the 40th thread asking for an auction house.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Scyantific posted:

loving lol.

I;m behind this though. It means that for alts, level 50 is effectively level cap (because you don't really need so many skyshards after you've got to lvl50 assuming you didn't just grind your way up and not do any missions)

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

That's what I said, and yet everyone went apeshit on me for "trolling and spreading misinformation."

Looking back I'm honestly glad I'm done with those forums. The important stuff gets ignored in favor of the 40th thread asking for an auction house.

Lack of an auction house is a pretty huge flaw, though. A lot bigger problem than most of the trivial poo poo people complain about in this thread.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I don't see how a lack of an auction house is a flaw. It is one of the things that is clearly intentional. The game economy does not really have to deal with inflation, there is no rampant 3rd party industry associated with the game, etc. Those sorts dynamics are extremely difficult to manage and functionally ruin many games. It is something distinctive and intentional. It is not a result of incompetence or unintended consequences from something else.

Many of the things people comment on in this thread are related to a pattern of coping from the developer, where the coping mechanism has unintended consequences, unforeseen by the developer that effect balance, mechanics and end game for players. Add to this that (as with many developers) they are not exactly top notch with regard to any sort of organizationally integrated communication and feedback loop with their customer base.

The combination of those things can be pretty frustrating and is in a different category than something very intentionally in the game with which someone may personally disagree for some reason or other. Or so it seems to me at least.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Lack of AH is great because unlike WoW if I need a bunch of low level crafting mats and see some jackhole selling poo poo for super inflated prices, I can just shrug and go to the next vendor. It's intentional and it's great.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
My frustration with the developers is that they are clearly working with limited resources, and yet they spend them on things that have zero customer impact. Removing veteran ranks will be extremely time consuming. And what do they get for that effort? The same exact system they had before. Nobody benefits, nobody's hurt. It's just a big lateral move for no reason.

It reminds me of that 3 gig patch right around the time Update 6 dropped, where all I could tell was they added a yellow bird to the front of the enchanter in Belkarth. Every day I saw that bird, I was reminded how long it had been since Craglorn was released.

vug posted:

I;m behind this though. It means that for alts, level 50 is effectively level cap (because you don't really need so many skyshards after you've got to lvl50 assuming you didn't just grind your way up and not do any missions)

Running Cadwell's gives you 400k gold, more than a hundred champ points, as well as the skill points you need to access writs, hirelings, and collecting good mats in Wrothgar. Good luck gearing up without it.

Rough Lobster posted:

Lack of AH is great because unlike WoW if I need a bunch of low level crafting mats and see some jackhole selling poo poo for super inflated prices, I can just shrug and go to the next vendor. It's intentional and it's great.

I realize "there's mods for that (tm)" but the current system is lacking in that it needs saved searches and text filters. Which gets back to my original point. Bringing some quality-of-life stuff from the more popular mods would provide excellent return on limited developer resources, especially for console players. But instead, we just get another zero added to our veteran ranks because reasons.

tgidieday fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Nov 21, 2015

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

A search function for the guild traders is definitely a must, or at least the ability to sort alphabetically.

Sogol posted:

Many of the things people comment on in this thread are related to a pattern of coping from the developer, where the coping mechanism has unintended consequences, unforeseen by the developer that effect balance, mechanics and end game for players. Add to this that (as with many developers) they are not exactly top notch with regard to any sort of organizationally integrated communication and feedback loop with their customer base.

The combination of those things can be pretty frustrating and is in a different category than something very intentionally in the game with which someone may personally disagree for some reason or other. Or so it seems to me at least.

I'd say there's much more frivolous whining about non-issues in this thread versus valid complaints of real problems with the game. I've seen gripes about cash shop prices, complaining about farming spots getting nerfed, whining that the latest update broke their unsupported third party mods as if it was the developer's fault, and the various complaints from poopsocks about how PvE players are ruining the game. That's just from memory and jumping around to a few pages, too. I'm certainly not saying that it's bad to gripe about minor annoyances. I do it, too, on this page even, but I feel like there's people around here who have a flawed perspective on what's a legit issue and what's just regular change.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

tgidieday posted:

My frustration with the developers is that they are clearly working with limited resources, and yet they spend them on things that have zero customer impact. Removing veteran ranks will be extremely time consuming. And what do they get for that effort? The same exact system they had before. Nobody benefits, nobody's hurt. It's just a big lateral move for no reason.

Nonsense, it'd be a change for the better on the user's end in the long run. You keep earning CP past the cap, you just can't use it. Assuming you have another 100CP built up when the next DLC is dropped, you can immediately spend those points and, assuming gear will now use CP as an equipping requirement, you can use that shiny new gear right out the gate, versus the current system where you need to grind up to the new top level to use the gear.

It might not be a huge leap forward, but it's hardly a lateral movement.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
"This game has had only two content patches in two years. You know what it needs? A way to skip content."

Fortunately my uncle who works at Nintendo is ignoring you dummies and is working hard on the new Gold Coast DLC. Here's a teaser: Surf's up! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckwlr3r0290

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I'd buy that.

Adbot