Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zh1
Dec 21, 2010

by Smythe
Anyone else really love Flutes of Chi? Such a happy and catchy mystical ditty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

zh1 posted:

Actually the first Ween song I worked on when I was teaching myself guitar. Real good.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I haven't been able to post this because I left it at a friend's house, but here's a picture of the Dean Ween poster they were selling at the Portland show (EDIT: there was also a red/white peppermint themed one, but I had to go with purple.):

Detail shot:

And a copy of the set list for the Seattle show (I've got a copy for the Portland show somewhere in this room and I have no idea where):

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

zh1 posted:

It's my favourite George Harrison song.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

So... from the Ween.net Facebook page:

Ween.net posted:

Big announcement coming soon?

:psyboom:

Anything less than a reunion would be a huge letdown right now.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
More unreleased material would be cool. Re-release of the Chicago DVD or some other live performance on Blu-Ray would be really nice.

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000
The rumor mill has been rampant for weeks on this. Apparently there is a single reunion gig in the works.

Not sure how to feel about it if it comes to pass. Frankly if they are both going through with it because it pays the bills, I understand. But I don't really expect a full reconciliation this decade.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I mean, people can do what they want to do in this life, but I really suspect there is no gig and it's just rumor from nowhere.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Allen Wren posted:

I mean, people can do what they want to do in this life, but I really suspect there is no gig and it's just rumor from nowhere.

Awe I was getting Ween.net confused with Ween.com. That's a bummer. I've been reluctant to buy into the recent rumors but I thought this was from an official source.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

me your dad posted:

Awe I was getting Ween.net confused with Ween.com. That's a bummer. I've been reluctant to buy into the recent rumors but I thought this was from an official source.

that legit sucks, yeah, I didn't even notice that it wasn't the official sources

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Yeah I was just about to post this...they now just posted a pic of Dean and Gene hugging. I mean I would absolutely love them to get back together properly. But I guess my main thing would be so long as they can work it so it isn't at the expense of Gener's health. If the bills need to be paid that badly that he's willing to risk going into that risky environment again it's pretty bad. Hopefully, if/when it does eventually happen they really work out a way that it'll be supportive of keeping him on track.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
The photo they posted is from 2007

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I think it's going to be the release of the Boognish Rising documentary. Ween.net posted a picture of a boognish rising up from the horizon.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
That would be great. That guy has a lot of good content however removed most of it from his facebook.

If it was a money issue why not just put out an album every few months with unreleased tracks. I'm sure they would make a ton on that.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

BANME.sh posted:

The photo they posted is from 2007

Yeah, but it's what they were implying with the photo.

I'm not getting my hopes up or anything though. There's been no other signs at all.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

It's official:

http://ween.com/index.php

quote:

Ween to reunite in Colorado
February 12th and 13th
1STBANK Center - Broomfield, CO

Four + years after their last performance, Ween will reunite in Colorado for two shows on President's Day weekend. Come celebrate with our forefathers, Gene, Dean, Claude, Dave and Glenn on February 12th and 13th at the 1STBANK Center in Broomfield, CO.

Single Day Tickets: $45 GA Floor and $38.75 GA Bowl
Two Day Passes: $85 GA Floor and $75 GA Bowl

An online ticket request period for two-day ticket passes is currently underway at Ticketstoday. The ticket request period will end Wednesday, November 18th at 3:00pm MT.

VIP and Travel packages are currently available at CID Entertainment.

Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, November 20th at 10:00am MT and may be purchased online at Altitude Tickets.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I never got to see Ween proper and just saw Deaner for the first time last month.

I'm dragging myself out to this. It's gonna happen. It must happen.

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000

HerzogZwo posted:

The rumor mill has been rampant for weeks on this. Apparently there is a single reunion gig in the works.

Not sure how to feel about it if it comes to pass. Frankly if they are both going through with it because it pays the bills, I understand. But I don't really expect a full reconciliation this decade.

Have fun at the show kids, I've seen Ween "fake it" enough times to put myself through it again. Love to be a fly on the wall for this contract negotiation...

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Well, hm. I don't think I'm going to have the cash to land tickets, especially with travel costs. I hope this means they're actually on speaking terms again and it's not just "gently caress, we could use some dollars."

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yes yes yes! Hopefully they tour and it isn't a one off. Hopefully I can get some friends to roadtrip from Wisconsin

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Allen Wren posted:

Well, hm. I don't think I'm going to have the cash to land tickets, especially with travel costs. I hope this means they're actually on speaking terms again and it's not just "gently caress, we could use some dollars."

I hear you, there's no way as a student I'm flying over from Australia :(
If I could I totally would though!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Holy gently caress yes! Ween back together, within driving distance, on my god drat 40th birthday!

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

My name is Buck, and I'm here to fuck

Allen Wren posted:

It's absolutely the latter

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Whodat Smith-Jones posted:

It's absolutely the latter

Well, then we can at least hope that they get some dollars and don't hate each other more for the experience.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I like those guys making money. Hell, I give them my money when I can.

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000
Guys, I had the weirdest loving dream! Ween got back together and Charlie Sheen had HIV.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The facebook news thingamajig trending whatever states that they're gonna be playing new stuff, soooooooooooooo.

EDIT: Misleading headlines? Full quote being "new stuff that nobody has ever heard live before."

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 17, 2015

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

caligulamprey posted:

The facebook news thingamajig trending whatever states that they're gonna be playing new stuff, soooooooooooooo.

EDIT: Misleading headlines? Full quote being "new stuff that nobody has ever heard live before."

Full band Nature Man.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Three hour performance of just "Molly."

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

caligulamprey posted:

Three hour performance of just "Molly."

That's just night one. Night two will be Mourning Glory for three hours.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

This better lead to a blu-ray. I love some blu-ray concert films.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

me your dad posted:

That's just night one. Night two will be Mourning Glory for three hours.
I want this to be real so bad.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

This will be my fifth time seeing them in CO, and they always seem to kick it up a notch there.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Aw goddammit, my friend is visiting NYC on that weekend and I promised to show her around. The things I do for people....

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Y-Hat posted:

Aw goddammit, my friend is visiting NYC on that weekend and I promised to show her around. The things I do for people....

Just take her to Colorado and put up with the constant "NYC isn't how I expected it to be" comments from her

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

thepokey posted:

Just take her to Colorado and put up with the constant "NYC isn't how I expected it to be" comments from her
She was actually open to going there when I showed her the video announcement, since she loves traveling the world and absorbing different cultures (I told her about Colorado's natural beauty as well as their weed culture). But then I'd have to pay for airfare and find a place to stay, whether it's with a friend in the area or at a hotel, and on top of all that, I don't have a credit card handy right now. So it's not happening.

I'll just take the fact that I saw Gene perform Billy Joel covers as a consolation prize in case they never reunite again (unlikely... I think Dean is particularly hard up for money because he made a GoFundMe page to get a new tour van. I guess teaching fishing on the Jersey Shore doesn't pay the bills enough). But I figured something was up when he did that performance as Gene Ween instead of Aaron Freeman.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

With the venue, does anyone know which is the better option -- floor or bowl?

Nevermind - answered my own question. Floor is more expensive so I assume it's the better option.

Entered the lottery tonight for me and a friend. I hope to secure tickets tomorrow. I'm nervous to compete with the scalpers on Friday when they go on sale.

Airfare is going to be more expensive than I thought (flying in from DC) but we'll have friends to crash with at least.

Who all is traveling far for the shows?

me your dad fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 17, 2015

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Well poo poo, just got an email that I did not get tickets in the lottery. Now the fun of trying to get tickets on Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Well your chances just improved as they added a third day!