Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Gigi Galli posted:

Rossi too.

*in exrtemely cool mls voice* good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Diabi must have done it at least once

I believe the closest Diaby got was rupturing one in his return match from rupturing the other, which to be fair is a huge effort. Only person I can think of who has had a catastrophic leg fail was Vince McMahon tearing both quads clean off the bone simultaneously.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
vince has a high risk high reward walking style, i respect him for his choices

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
I was going to mention McMahon lol

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Anyone interested in double leg failures can find a lot more here

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

chelsea are in 16th you oval office lmao

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

lolll

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Lol

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

hahaha

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
I am a dumb person and would like to remedy my ignorance by finding out who are some good pundits for red hot Prem analysis

I already listen to the Football Weekly podcast although I am curious what people think of Glendenning. I used to like him the most but now he feels like the obligatory comic relief. Plus he likes to get into arguments on Twitter with people with 13 followers

What about Craig Burley? From what I've seen some people think he's brutally honest, others think he's an odious troll not much better than Robbie Savage

TIA

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

drat, hashtag banterzone

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

I love it, I love it

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!

Brutal

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

loving lol.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Skip My Posts posted:

chelsea are in 16th you oval office lmao

lol

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

holy poo poo

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I wonder how many more people can quote a post.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

sassassin posted:

I wonder how many more people can quote a post.

same OP

Luke Smith
Aug 6, 2015

by Cowcaster

Worldstar

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

name post combo so brutal

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I really dislike international breaks. What is the best match this weekend?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Probably Man City-Liverpool on Saturday. Tottenham-West Ham might have been worth watching on Sunday if McCarthy hadn't maimed Payet.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Chelsea-Norwich has the highest comedy potential

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This has been a pretty good season, except Payet and half of Bournemouth going down

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Is Aguero likely to be back this weekend? I really don't like the idea of Lovren having to deal with him.

I'd also far rather Sterling was up against Clyne than Moreno.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

I want to see Skrtel absolutely murder Sterling and mysteriously not get booked for it pls

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
It wasn't that funny you sheep

Panama Red posted:

I am a dumb person and would like to remedy my ignorance by finding out who are some good pundits for red hot Prem analysis

I already listen to the Football Weekly podcast although I am curious what people think of Glendenning. I used to like him the most but now he feels like the obligatory comic relief. Plus he likes to get into arguments on Twitter with people with 13 followers

What about Craig Burley? From what I've seen some people think he's brutally honest, others think he's an odious troll not much better than Robbie Savage

TIA

Glendenning has always been comic relief. Most journos have little insight or expertise different from the average internet commenter, apart from those that travel and do research and interview people like Jonathan Wilson.

Gary Neville was far and away the best pundit though he perhaps has bought into his own hype a little. Most ex-pros are either too afraid of alienating their old mates or are just too stupid to have any observations other than "he would have wanted to do better here".

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
G Nevs and Carragher are the best by some distance, pretty much everyone else is poo poo. Lineker's alright when he's allowed to speak his mind.

Danny Murphy wins the award for worst on tv. Thick, dour twat.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Linekar seems alright on BT sport actually. Its like he's allowed to be a bit more leeway to criticise than on match of the day where he seems to have to stay neutral.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Monday Bandele posted:

Most ex-pros are either too afraid of alienating their old mates or are just too stupid to have any observations other than "he would have wanted to do better here".

Nothing worse than a see-and-say commentator. Your Shearers, your Michael Owens, they almost describe the action too well

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Panama Red posted:

If you go on r/footballhighlights they generally have Monday Night Football uploaded in such a way that you can watch the bit with Neville and Carragher and not actually watch the football which will probably be Everton playing out a 1-1 draw against someone. It's highly recommended for internet sociopaths who have lots of time on their hands and hate the Chels.

Monday Bandele posted:

Glendenning has always been comic relief. Most journos have little insight or expertise different from the average internet commenter, apart from those that travel and do research and interview people like Jonathan Wilson.

Glendenning has always been comic relief, but he's also got a great bullshit filter and hates the Chels. I haven't listened in a while, but my favourite Glendenning moment is still when he was asked if Barca's last-minute winner was unfair on Chelsea, and his answer was "I might have considered that, but I was too busy on my knees punching the air while my flatmate ran round in circles with his shirt off". That's the level of analysis I want from a football podcast, right there.

That or people just want to hear someone with an Irish accent sound like a bit of a shambles

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
In my unbiased opinion the best pundits are Jake Humphrey, Simon Thomas, the Norwich one off of football weekly, and Stephen Fry. The worst pundits are all the Liverpool ones.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Glendenning is a mopey oval office who doesn't actually watch most of the games he fields an opinion on.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Martial left the France match on crutches, that doesn't seem like a good thing

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

So it turns out the richest footballer in the world is actually Mathieu Flamini, who'd have guessed?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Revolutionary alternative to oil, never heard that one before

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Byolante posted:

Glendenning is a mopey oval office who doesn't actually watch most of the games he fields an opinion on.

like the avarage poster here imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TheBigAristotle posted:

Martial left the France match on crutches, that doesn't seem like a good thing

loving international friendlies.

E: apparently Carrick's done his ankle as well and will be out for some time, so that's United hosed then. United have won 9/10 games Carrick's started this season, and only won 2/8 where he didn't.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Nov 18, 2015

• Locked thread