Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Pack still gonna win a super bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

LorneReams posted:

Doesn't Belichick like to do this, like I remember he brought in some guy to drop kick a field goal or something that is strange, and then another time brought out Testaverde for like no reason other than to break some record.

That some guy was Doug Flutie yah heathen.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Goetta posted:

I think if the Bengals actually won a Super Bowl it would take maybe a decade or two for me to get seriously upset at them again.

Like I legit did not think I would see them win a title probably in my lifetime until fairly recently

You'd be surprised how quickly you get used to the taste of success and can't live without it.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Febreeze posted:

On one hand, everyone wants their team to win every year and seeing your team with high expectations flop on it's face would cause anyone to complain. Can't blame them for being unhappy about it.

On the other hand, tears are delicious, especially coming from fans of a team still likely to make the playoffs and another still with a pretty decent chance to claim another spot.

Even if the hawks make a wildcard they're pretty mediocre now and wouldn't even make it to the SB, all they'd be doing is making draft position worse and putting more wear and tear on the players, making it even harder to compete next year. I'd fire Bevell and Cable now if there's any other assistant coach that might be able to step up and try their hand at the roles, getting them some practice before the offseason.

I still love that we got the win a couple years ago, but we look primed for a serious nosedive and it'd be un-fan-ly to just watch it happen and not suggest improvements. This is a discussion board, why are we here if we're just supposed to shut up for 10 years after a win?

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Nov 17, 2015

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
On the other hand, with the amount of grief that we (both the team and us fans) have gotten from 90% of TFF this season imagine the salt if we, by some small miracle, somehow recovered and made the Super Bowl again :allears:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Goetta posted:

I think if the Bengals actually won a Super Bowl it would take maybe a decade or two for me to get seriously upset at them again.

Like I legit did not think I would see them win a title probably in my lifetime until fairly recently

You'd be surprised how quickly winning spoils you

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Febreeze posted:

I mean, I would be devastated if my team was 9-1 after next week.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/11/new_orleans_saints_fire_rob_ry.html#incart_story_package

Now official: Rob Ryan is fired.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Time for hobo Fabio drawings

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The only good Post Recent SB Recent Failure poster is Positive Kawalimus.

Everyone should strive to be the Toxxed version of him.

Look at the positives on your team and just enjoy that football is football.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This is the only completed pass for a first down Peyton threw yesterday:

:lol:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Febreeze posted:

On one hand, everyone wants their team to win every year and seeing your team with high expectations flop on it's face would cause anyone to complain. Can't blame them for being unhappy about it.

On the other hand, tears are delicious, especially coming from fans of a team still likely to make the playoffs and another still with a pretty decent chance to claim another spot.

eagles fans thought we were going to the super bowl this year. instead we are starting mark sanchez on thanksgiving. again. for the second year in a row.

but at least it's been really loving hilarious. I Love Chip Kelly And His Wild Ride.

we've gotten quite good at laughing at our terrible misfortune instead of whining. because the eagles are cursed and will never win the super bowl. it warms my black, evil santa-claus-hating heart to read the lament of all these packers fans. i hope all fans of good teams get to experience the decades of darkness the browns have lived in.

or even worse, decades of "almost good enough". like the bills in the 90s. or the eagles in the early aughts.

Febreeze posted:

as an eagles fan who started watching the team when we went to back-to-back-to-back NFCCGs and lost this is very true. i shudder to think of what sort of monstrosity i would have been had we not constantly gotten our hearts broken.

in a way, andy reid was saving me. from myself.

axeil fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 17, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

axeil posted:

eagles fans thought we were going to the super bowl this year. instead we are starting mark sanchez on thanksgiving. again. for the second year in a row.

but at least it's been really loving hilarious. I Love Chip Kelly And His Wild Ride.

You dare think that the wild ride doesn't end with Sanchez raising the Lombardi

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

This is the only completed pass for a first down Peyton threw yesterday:

:lol:
why must you keep piling on

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Metapod posted:

You dare think that the wild ride doesn't end with Sanchez raising the Lombardi

nah more like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PI55OCfFEU

edit: not a real accident in case anyone is worried

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
It's a pretty funny season considering we have a week where Peyton got benched, Rodgers lost to the Lions at home, and Big Ben comes off the bench to pass for another NFL record 7 days after having his foot folded in half in the wrong direction.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

axeil posted:

nah more like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PI55OCfFEU

edit: not a real accident in case anyone is worried

What's not shown is Mariota carefully catching the ride into his arms

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Metapod posted:

What's not shown is Mariota carefully catching the ride into his arms

so the titans win the super bowl on a game-ending sanchez int?

that would be so perfect. chip might actually kill himself as the confetti falls.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It's a pretty funny season considering we have a week where Peyton got benched, Rodgers lost to the Lions at home, and Big Ben comes off the bench to pass for another NFL record 7 days after having his foot folded in half in the wrong direction.

Don't forget Kirk Cousins getting a defensive coordinator fired

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Febreeze posted:

Also Saints firing Rob Ryan and replacing him with a man the Raiders left behind in London last year after 4 games.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Manoueverable posted:

On the other hand, with the amount of grief that we (both the team and us fans) have gotten from 90% of TFF this season imagine the salt if we, by some small miracle, somehow recovered and made the Super Bowl again :allears:

"this season". everyone stopped caring 4 weeks ago. limply beating the dregs of the NFC didn't scare anyone.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Also Saints firing Rob Ryan and replacing him with a man the Raiders left behind in London last year after 4 games.
Rob Ryan is the defensive coordinator he was referring to :ssh:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Rob Ryan is the defensive coordinator he was referring to :ssh:

It's me I'm the idiot :downs:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Febreeze posted:

:hellyeah:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

YOU LIKE THAT

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

As soon as Allen was hired in the offseason it was obvious that Ryan was going to be on a short leash and Allen was the guy lined up to replace him if they let him go midway through the season. I have no idea how he will do, but he can't really be any worse. And it's all probably getting blown up at the end of the year anyway unless they luck into a playoff spot.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Goetta posted:

Same as I felt. I'm fine with us being bad again, expected it. Get frustrated at us taking so long to cut obviously bad things out though.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Monday Night Frauds

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Peak Prime Time Bengals

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
THE

HOUSTON

TEXANS

TJ

YATES

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

That kind of loss is maddening. Sorry Bengal dudes

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Eifert Posting posted:

Dear TFF I promise when the Bengals get their ring I won't be back to bitching two years later like these shameful Hawks fans.
lol

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

1st place baby.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A Good MNF

A Just MNF

The right MNF for us all

merry xmas happy thanksgiving peace be unto all

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Xort has moved on to the NFL it seems.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Tough loss to swallow against Houston. Definitely not panicking but that was one of the worst games I've ever watched.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

List of Super Bowl caliber teams: Patriots

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the texans defense played the gently caress outta that game

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Okay last time posting it I swear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU