Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luke Smith
Aug 6, 2015

by Cowcaster
I got a combat rifle that does +10 plasma damage and can melt guys, it's super good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Hopefully the first DLC is a 100% replica of the Sierra Madre.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Digital_Jesus posted:

Hopefully the first DLC is a 100% replica of the Sierra Madre.
a large part of the backstory of the brotherhood in this game is that the NCR didn't kill all of the Brotherhood in the West Coast

Sherman didn't do enough

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I'd like a DLC that kind of expands on rebuilding settlements to be more like Covenant etc rather than ramshackle as gently caress. Or at least the option to. Farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt.

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

FutonForensic posted:

I keep seeing loading screen tips about the magazines that give new hairstyles and power armor paint jobs, but I haven't found any yet. Have you found one, dear reader?

Theres one in Fallon's department store that gives women the most ridiculous haircut imaginable.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

a large part of the backstory of the brotherhood in this game is that the NCR didn't kill all of the Brotherhood in the West Coast

Sherman didn't do enough

Really? I saw somewhere that the Outcasts rejoined the BoS too which is why they're much more hardline.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
That mural you see near the beginning of the game shows Americans on the Moon, so I guess they had their equivalent Apollo program. Seeing as the Fallout setting is apparently the world-of-tomorrow as envisaged by people in the 1950's, did they actually have moonbases and poo poo there by the end of the 20th century, as the optimists in our reality expected? Because that could be a cool setting for DLC. (note that I have no experience with Fallout games before NV so I don't know if this has already been done in the series)

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

Really? I saw somewhere that the Outcasts rejoined the BoS too which is why they're much more hardline.
http://fallout.gamepedia.com/Arthur_Maxson (see the terminal entries quoted at the bottom, i think you need Master to look at those)

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Sherman didn't do enough
wait what, how?
also speaking of sherman boy i hope that frontier NV mod comes out soon
then i can finally uninstall NV for good because god drat it looks ridiculously good

edit:
gently caress beaten oh well

edit 2:
in relation to the frontier: i hope they do a snowy environment DLC i fuckin' love those and i bet the visual improvements would make it look incredible

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 17, 2015

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

this loving quest chain

i can bend the rules so many times about how lore is shat on in this game. cryogenics working? conceivable MIT existing after all this time by going underground? plausible, i mean hell, even the FEV serum is believable because it technically only cures one specific strain and also the guy had been working on this specific strain of FEV for a while and also he was in the most advanced laboratory in the world, more than likely

but the cabot house quest chain is loving ridiculous.

congratulations, you are serving a bunch of immortals because their father has a spooky artifact helmet that gives him godlike telekinetic powers and also his blood can make people immortal (and is also a fantastic consumable that gives you 50 DR, 5 STR, heals all rads, and overall is pretty incredible), but the artifact helmet is never explained and the entire thing clashes completely with the feel and lore of the entire game

who in their right mind thought that fallout 4 was the place for this quest chain rather than throwing it in a corner in skyrim somewhere?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

It took going back and forth with my GF a few times over whether or not this was an obscure NV/Big MT reference or a joke about the ET game cartridges myth before we both realized he's talking about Area 51

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014

Drunk in Space posted:

That mural you see near the beginning of the game shows Americans on the moon, so I guess they had their equivalent Apollo program. Seeing as the Fallout setting is apparently the world-of-tomorrow as envisaged by people in the 1950's, did they actually have moonbases and poo poo there by the end of the 20th century, as the optimists in our reality expected? Because that could be a cool setting for DLC. (note that I have no experience with Fallout games before NV so I don't know if this has already been done in the series)

They actually almost sent people to Mars.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Is the Broadsider a heavy weapon or a rifle?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Drunk in Space posted:

That mural you see near the beginning of the game shows Americans on the Moon, so I guess they had their equivalent Apollo program. Seeing as the Fallout setting is apparently the world-of-tomorrow as envisaged by people in the 1950's, did they actually have moonbases and poo poo there by the end of the 20th century, as the optimists in our reality expected? Because that could be a cool setting for DLC. (note that I have no experience with Fallout games before NV so I don't know if this has already been done in the series)

A sort of synth/alien X-files plot DLC with Detective Valentine involving moon colonies and poo poo that existed when the bombs fell would be good and cool because it would be rad and also it would make nerds angry as all hell.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So, battle of bunker hill Am I supposed to just let all the factions fight it out without any of them being hostile to me because this feels weird. Right now I'm just standing on a car waiting for someone to die who has a key for the door.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

A sort of synth/alien X-files plot DLC with Detective Valentine involving moon colonies and poo poo that existed when the bombs fell would be good and cool because it would be rad and also it would make nerds angry as all hell.
you say that now but what you'll get is mothership zeta part 2: hallway harder
don't make a wish you'll regret

at least with operation anchorage you got some sweet snow stuff and in fo4's engine the wartime/FPS parody aspect would be a lot better represented, especially with airstrike grenades and poo poo
bring on the snowy DC wasteland- the warzone kinda atmosphere it has fits perfectly with fo4's gameplay additions and improvements alongside the quest structure
it'd be cool as heck!!

Elendil004 posted:

So, battle of bunker hill Am I supposed to just let all the factions fight it out without any of them being hostile to me because this feels weird. Right now I'm just standing on a car waiting for someone to die who has a key for the door.

yeah pretty much, that quest seems like it's bugged when you're allies with all 3 factions- it just kinda passes by and the goals makes no sense?? i dunno, it was pretty bizarre when i went through it

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Sperglord Firecock posted:

this loving quest chain

It's a Lovecraft Reference. The whole quest chain is. We are in Massachusetts, after all. :v:

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Do special stats affect your abilities directly or only indirectly through the perks they unlock?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

who in their right mind thought that fallout 4 was the place for this quest chain

This isn't the first quest in Fallout to feature supernatural psychic powers.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fereydun posted:

you say that now but what you'll get is mothership zeta part 2: hallway harder
don't make a wish you'll regret

It could kick off with you and Valentine doing some investigating of kidnappings (abductions) but yeah now I'm just setting myself up for disappointment.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

this loving quest chain

i can bend the rules so many times about how lore is shat on in this game. cryogenics working? conceivable MIT existing after all this time by going underground? plausible, i mean hell, even the FEV serum is believable because it technically only cures one specific strain and also the guy had been working on this specific strain of FEV for a while and also he was in the most advanced laboratory in the world, more than likely

Cthulu Fhtagn aside, remember, New Vegas described the Pre-war world as days away from post-scarcity with its dlc, along with having hard light holograms, corpse animating life support systems, sentient (needy) armor systems, replicators, death from above orbital laser systems, and more. Anything goes anymore techwise.

quote:

http://fallout.gamepedia.com/Arthur_Maxson (see the terminal entries quoted at the bottom, i think you need Master to look at those)

Oh neat; I didn't know in NV that they were supposed to be the very last of the Brotherhood.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Nov 17, 2015

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

This isn't the first quest in Fallout to feature supernatural psychic powers.
psykers are fuckin' cool and i won't hear otherwise
gimme psyker powers in fo4 damnit

edit:
wait mama murphy is a psyker
aw son of a bitch

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Keep an eye out for Super Mutant Chains. They're armor for Strong, which you aren't supposed to be able to equip, but you actually can. They're undergarments. Equipping them removes your current jumpsuit/BoS outfit/whatever, but you can put that back on over the chains and get thr benefit of both. It's only an added 3 DR but still.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
So the loading tips make it clear that Dogmeat not factoring for Lone Wanderer isn't operating as intended. I wonder what the chances are that it gets patched out?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
He's reeling from that one

Imapanda
Sep 12, 2008

Majoris Felidae Peditum
I accidently accepted some dipshit merc to follow me as a companion and now dogmeat is gone!

How do I get my dogmeat back and stay back? Using the command to summon dogmeat doesn't seem to work, as he just runs away. I think I tab-spammed or walked away during the part where it asked me to chose a location. :negative:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

The true Dunwich Horror.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Imapanda posted:

I accidently accepted some dipshit merc to follow me as a companion and now dogmeat is gone!

How do I get my dogmeat back and stay back? Using the command to summon dogmeat doesn't seem to work, as he just runs away. I think I tab-spammed or walked away during the part where it asked me to chose a location. :negative:

Dogmeat should have returned to wherever you sent him. If not he defaults to Red Rocket I think.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Imapanda posted:

He's probably either at Sanctuary or Red Rocket.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Do Brahmin really do anything? Do they count as food or something?

Ways back, but pretty sure you get fertilizer from them.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

okay so i got past the dumb chair poo poo and did that quest, which leads me to the next point

is this game seriously going to do the same thing with the factions where the big choice at the end is which one you side with to rule the wasteland? for real?

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Does anyone know what's up with the "Your computer is low on memory" issue? After a while of playing Windows will just kill the game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Ways back, but pretty sure you get fertilizer from them.

I guess that's why I have 30 of it for some reason then!

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
I stuck Valentine in some Power Armour and every time I ask him to hack a terminal he gets out of it. WTF

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

I stuck Valentine in some Power Armour and every time I ask him to hack a terminal he gets out of it. WTF

You can't expect him to type with those massive hands.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

how a synth gonna use a keyboard with mega-sized fingers

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

icantfindaname posted:

okay so i got past the dumb chair poo poo and did that quest, which leads me to the next point

is this game seriously going to do the same thing with the factions where the big choice at the end is which one you side with to rule the wasteland? for real?

yes this is a bethesda game glad you noticed

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
the parallax issue when shooting in third person is kind of lame. sneak up on a raider and put the dot on his head at point blank and miss :sigh:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How do I get Fallout 4 to stop making new save files at random I'm running out of cloud space on Steam.

quote:

yes this is a bethesda game glad you noticed

He's very dedicated to keep playing a game he apparently despises so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

Now watch me whip

• Locked thread