Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ed's seen the shows on TV alright, he knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Shut up, Sonny.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Did they explain what was with the magazines?

(Dodd shoots own man to shut him up.) "poo poo."

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
That is a *lot* of magazines.

lol

e: with the kitchen sink!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Did they explain what was with the magazines?

No, but it's obvious. She's a hoarder

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

YEAH PEGGY

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Peggy!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Oh poo poo.

e- Times two.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Holy poo poo Milligan is also a fucker

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just keep holding it on him until it stops working!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I feel like I've been yelling oh poo poo at the TV every five minutes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh my god, Milligan

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

Just keep holding it on him until it stops working!

Pick up the gun he dropped and shoot him in the face!

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
I'm starting to come around on Peggy. She's an idiot, but sometimes she's not.

And holy poo poo Mike is stone cold.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
my god this is awesome

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Out of my way, tool of the State!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

There are ears everywhere. :tinfoil:

I shall defend you to your last breath...MY last breath...sorry for the obvious death penalty SNAFU.

e- "I shall return with the sledgehammer of JUSTICE!" Jesus Christ, I love the lawyer.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
what

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Poor Carl

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Everything about this episode is so tense holy poo poo

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Carl Weathers?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ohhh my god

Offerman killed it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

YOU CAN'T END IT THERE

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ed goes one way, Lou and the Sheriff go the other, and Red Man emerges from the woods.

e- For anybody watching this later, watch through the credits to the commercial for more Carl Weathers wisdom.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Nov 17, 2015

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Now that was some Saul Goodman poo poo

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I hope we see more of Nick Offerman in the Coenverse

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In a season full of best of show episodes this already apes the lot by a mile, how the gently caress are there 4 more after this.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

Carl Weathers?

Karl Weathers - two different people with different problem solving skills and only one of them lives in Minnesota.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
After this episode, it looks like the only surviving group of Gerhardt goons left are Bear's; Peggy/Dodd killed Dodd's two (but he still has Hahnzee), and Mike and the Kitchen Brother killed those at the compound. While Dodd's pretty emasculated already, I doubt he'll get any more support later on.

On the compound attack, death poll? Floyd will likely survive, and if Simone died it'll be on camera next week. Nobody kicked over Otto's chair, though.

Also did anyone spot a UFO reference this week?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
No UFO reference that I saw, I would think there's one in there somewhere though.

I think literally everyone at the compound is dead, but it's possible one or two were captured for later, maybe one or both of the eldest Gerhardts. Dodd's daughter is 100% dead though, the only question is whether we see Mike kill her onscreen or off.

Offerman was great here. Does anyone know who Carl said he stared down? It sounded like Shang Ka-shik. It struck me as Lou tapping him for the job both because he could act as the son's lawyer and because he's good at telling bullshit stories, and Carl was talking about the staredown as a way to acknowledge that Lou knows he's a bullshitter. I dunno, kind of a lot to figure out about Carl.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Peggy on beast mode.

Also, best part was Mad Dog Sonny cracking open beers during the standoff at the police station.

The coming up spoils the hell out of the farmstead aftermath.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
Oh my god how is this show this good?

It needs to be next week already.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Steely in my resolve, prepared to battle to my dying breath for the rights of free men!
Rights that were squeezed from British oppression like water from a stone!
That all men are created equal!
Free from the jackboot tyranny and gulag magic tricks of nameless faceless committees.
Out of my way, tool of the state!
For I have come to comfort and counsel my client even as you seek to imprison him!
For the law is a light on the hill calling to its breast all those in search of justice!

NowonSA posted:

Does anyone know who Carl said he stared down?

Chiang Kai Shek?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Good job probably getting your grandma killed, Simone.

Preview: Oh, she's alive.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Nov 17, 2015

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I don't know why, but Dodd being a mixture of :rolleyes: and :xd: as Bear was wailing on him was hilarious. Then of course he gets up all,"Well now I gotta whip ya!"

When the Sheriff pulled up at the end I was so sure Hanzee was gonna shoot him, I was so relieved he got out of that episode alive.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I have been fascinating over the use of Carroll's Jabberwocky and far more puzzled by its inclusion than the original work itself.

This season's got a lot of heady poo poo wedged in, and it feels more nuanced than the first season's more baroque and/or literary aspects. I'm not going to pretend to understand or even recognize them all without help, but that's why it's so fascinating.

I'm sure I could find something on it with a Google or something, but does anyone know right off what the title ("Rhinoceros") may be an allusion to? I sort of feel like it may be referring to the whole "starring down a beast" theme, but that's a total guess.

Edit: To offer up a brief analysis of my own regarding Milligan reciting Jabberwocky: It's a work that's a prime example of a nonsense poem, but its tone is foreboding and warns of violent imagery. To put it as simply as I can: I'd argue it's the character of Milligan acknowledging the mindlessness of the violence his job and this particular situation in general involves. Assuming it's something along those lines that were intended, that's what has me fixated. Mike is super aware of the situation, beyond what his character should be.

Unless you consider the possibility that he's an alien observer.

God drat it, I have actual work of my own to do and think about.

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Nov 17, 2015

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

What was Milligan quoting as they were heading out to wreck poo poo? I didn't recognize it.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

ruddiger posted:

What was Milligan quoting as they were heading out to wreck poo poo? I didn't recognize it.

See above.

e: Jabberwocky by Lewis Carroll from Through the Looking-Glass.

Unless I've made some massive mistake, which is also highly possible (if not likely).

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Nov 17, 2015

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Of course, the crazy conspiracy theorist guy is the only lawyer in town.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Nov 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

All I can think of is how we haven't even reached Sioux Falls yet.

• Locked thread