Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

elite_garbage_man posted:

ps good post vas
If that was ever a valid way to make money it's not anymore. Bitcoins are incredibly stupid on their own, but you probably need one of those dedicated rigs to even feel like you're doing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Is there any way to get a corpse out of a suit of power armor or do I have to snipe the core out while the guy is alive? I ask because last night in Diamond City some douce triggerman jumped into my suit to murder me and I couldn't find a way to remove the body (my best guess was strip the armor bits off and rebuild it, possibly on a new frame?) so I just reloaded.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Death before dismount, I guess.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Casimir Radon posted:

If that was ever a valid way to make money it's not anymore. Bitcoins are incredibly stupid on their own, but you probably need one of those dedicated rigs to even feel like you're doing something.

The mining process rescales itself based on the computing power in the network, so yes it's absolutely pointless. As soon as the dedicated processing units became a thing, people mining at home became immediately obsolete.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nick Valentine is the best companion because he doesnt judge you when you loot corpses, will point out ammo caches and will hilariously try to unlock safes by stomping on them.

Curie is a CU-TIE :3: The dialog remaining the same after the change is hilarious. I also gave it her old boss Vault-tech scientist suit to wear.

Arrath posted:

Is there any way to get a corpse out of a suit of power armor or do I have to snipe the core out while the guy is alive? I ask because last night in Diamond City some douce triggerman jumped into my suit to murder me and I couldn't find a way to remove the body (my best guess was strip the armor bits off and rebuild it, possibly on a new frame?) so I just reloaded.

My main question is, why the gently caress did you take it off in wriggly field you dum-dum?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

ElMaligno posted:

My main question is, why the gently caress did you take it off in wriggly field you dum-dum?

I'd been tromping around the wasteland and came back to sell some poo poo, as well as outfit a new rifle I found. So I exited the armor to use the workbench and SUDDENLY ASSASSINS.

Not that this stops settlers from jacking my poo poo but at least they get out of the fuckin things.

I should just start 'taking the keys' and pulling out the fusion core when I disembark in questionable surroundings.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

The mining process rescales itself based on the computing power in the network, so yes it's absolutely pointless. As soon as the dedicated processing units became a thing, people mining at home became immediately obsolete.
Even way back when you were probably blowing more money in your electrical bill than you were potentially making.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
You can't get a power armor frame from a corpse, no. If you leave your power armor suit, take your core with you.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
omg Dogmeat is such a good dogge :kimchi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ6wHb3vZfc

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I popped a raider out of his raider power armor. It counts as STEALING when I go into it.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Vasudus posted:

You can't get a power armor frame from a corpse, no. If you leave your power armor suit, take your core with you.

Easy enough, thanks!

ded posted:

I popped a raider out of his raider power armor. It counts as STEALING when I go into it.

Time to swap the armor pieces to a different frame. I found armor two suits (one complete, one partial, I dunno which or if both are subject to leveled loot list rolling) out around the National Guard reciting station you visit as part of the BoS quest to find the missing recon team.

e: Oh for people wanting to really trick out their settlements toggling God Mode sets all your resources to 999 so go wild, I guess. NoClip unfortunately stops electric wires from auto-snapping to poles and machines, so there goes that easy wiring trick. :sigh:

Arrath fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 17, 2015

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Arrath posted:

Easy enough, thanks!

Time to swap the armor pieces to a different frame. I found armor two suits (one complete, one partial, I dunno which or if both are subject to leveled loot list rolling) out around the National Guard reciting station you visit as part of the BoS quest to find the missing recon team.

I am level 30 and i have found like 5 powered armor frames with different armours. 1 being the starter set, 1 on a abandoned mil convoy and the rest of mil bases. And speaking of sets I have the T-45 set, a Partial T51 set, a full T-60 set, full Raider set. So dunno where the Enclave set is gonna be, but its gonna be somewhere.

loosing your girlfriend because of fallout is a sad thing to fallout 4.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

ElMaligno posted:

I am level 30 and i have found like 5 powered armor frames with different armours. 1 being the starter set, 1 on a abandoned mil convoy and the rest of mil bases. And speaking of sets I have the T-45 set, a Partial T51 set, a full T-60 set, full Raider set. So dunno where the Enclave set is gonna be, but its gonna be somewhere.

Yeah I'm at 4 right now myself. My 2nd set was inside an armory and had 3 T-51 pieces on it, opening the armory also unleashed my first Sentry Bot. Hooooly gently caress was that a shitshow. I spent a good 5 minutes leading it in circles around a bile of conex boxes and slamming stimpacks. I finally got a good bit of damage in during a vent phase and it blows up. I go to loot it and it died in front of one of the conex's, which has an open door and sitting inside? A full suit of t51.

Good one, game.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I carry a fat man and a few mini nukes for when a rainy day needs some artificial sunlight.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I must have done something out of order, but there wasn't anything telling me to wait on it. The minuteman quest to take the castle prompted for me at level 10 or something? I hadn't even been to Diamond city yet. Holy gently caress everything was trying to eat my lunch.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

I carry a fat man and a few mini nukes for when a rainy day needs some artificial sunlight.

i wish the homing beacons did anything. captain loving zao :argh:

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

Carteret posted:

I must have done something out of order, but there wasn't anything telling me to wait on it. The minuteman quest to take the castle prompted for me at level 10 or something? I hadn't even been to Diamond city yet. Holy gently caress everything was trying to eat my lunch.

I did the same thing but at about 13-14 that queen was a mega bitch but it's doable. before the fight look around inside for a rocket launcher and a few rockets. not enough to kill her but itll do a good chunk of damage.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

elite_garbage_man posted:

I did the same thing but at about 13-14 that queen was a mega bitch but it's doable. before the fight look around inside for a rocket launcher and a few rockets. not enough to kill her but itll do a good chunk of damage.

Even with the missile launcher it's still a bitch. I reloaded almost immediately after I started engaging the queen, laid a huge minefield on top of that battlement, and did my best to dodgeball out of the way of that loving bullshit acid spit.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
spoiler - there are more of those quen mirelurk bosses throughout the world

AHAHAHAHAHA

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I am using a fully modded assault rifle right now. It's okay, but next level I get to upgrade my plasma rifle fully. I bought a legendary one with +25% ROF and +15% reload :unsmigghh:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I stick with a heavy hitting semi auto combat rifle backed up by a shotgun and Righteous Authority.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I tend to run with whatever I have a fuckload of ammo for. Right now thats a tricked out fully auto combat rifle and Righteous Authority.

I'm sitting on a dope plasma rifle but ammo is quite limited right now. I do absolutely love that I looted a dinky plasma pistol and duct taped it into a kickass monster plasma rifle, though.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I like semi auto weapons because they're more accurate with the steam controller. Plus I can conserve ammo instead of mag dumping super mutants.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I like shooting people with the old timey cannon.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Lucky, my controller shipped last week but hasn't shown up yet. I prefer spray and pray, myself. If I can make it full auto, it is. Neat 10mm pistol? Now its a future Mac-10. Oh nice laser rifle, I'll bet its even better if it can mow down a town in one trigger pull! :getin:

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I like shooting people with the old timey cannon.

Say what now

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I made a six crank laser musket sniper which works really well, I have a legendary”50% extra crit damage” max mod .50 hunting rifle I called the “gently caress you Face Fucker”, the upgrade to the normal mad mod .50 hunting rifle called “Face Fucker”.

I have twinsies .10mil pistol, one is kind of max moded silenced one called “Silent but Deadly”, the other is max moded unsilenced one called “Loud and deadly”. Then I found a legendary .10mm that had exploding bullets so “Loud and deadly” is now known as “loving loud and deadly”.

My mil housewife has quite the mouth, but at least she got that haircut and niptuck she always wanted.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Arrath posted:

Say what now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzPbHkBArXA

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

holy poo poo i need that

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Carteret posted:

The minuteman questline loving owns. You end up getting artillery you can setup at any settlement you control and can really gently caress poo poo up with it, if they don't move.

also random legendary loot can own

unlimited nuclear crap for the cost of 10mm bullets

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

I have twinsies .10mil pistol, one is kind of max moded silenced one called “Silent but Deadly”, the other is max moded unsilenced one called “Loud and deadly”. Then I found a legendary .10mm that had exploding bullets so “Loud and deadly” is now known as “loving loud and deadly”.

do you not understand the difference between caliber and mm?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

do you not understand the difference between caliber and mm?

i am a radio dude, in the coast guard and i have nothing but disdain for irl guns.

so no.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
do you understand the difference between imperial and metric units of measurement?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
how about you drop it?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:bustem:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ElMaligno posted:

i am a radio dude, in the coast guard and i have nothing but disdain for irl guns.

so no.

Caliber just means the diameter of the bullet in inches, so a .50 cal is half an inch in diameter

mm is the same, but in metric. So a 9mm projectile is just 9mm in diameter

Now you know and knowing is half the battle and makes Marines on internet forums a lil less spergy

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Pretty sure this is a slap fight between two coasties

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

Pretty sure this is a slap fight between two coasties

the gently caress you say

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING