Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

What's your fave Chinese takeaway dish?

Beef and Black Bean, with Satay chicken as a close second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

WarpedNaba posted:

Beef and Black Bean, with Satay chicken as a close second.

Egg foo young from Zhou's Kitchen in Northland. It's an entire takeaway container full of greasy meaty omlette and it is so loving good.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

National will be using urgency today to retroactively legalise the last 17 years of stealing from beneficiaries, and to push through having police meet deportees from Australia for fingerprinting, possible dna collection, and probation sentences.
Labour, unsurprisingly, will back the latter because despite the recent evidence they're still spineless muppets and don't want to be accused of being on the side of rapists again. :thumbsup:

What's the first bill you're referring to?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Lancelot posted:

What's the first bill you're referring to?

http://www.parliament.nz/en-nz/pb/legislation/bills/00DBHOH_BILL67709_1/social-security-commencement-of-benefits-amendment-bill
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/news/article.cfm?c_id=280&objectid=11546801

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

swampland posted:

I sorta mean that it's a stand out identity there and its much more noticable and like a thing that really distinguishes them.

Then again I am in fact currently attending the kelburn campus so...

Ah okay, yeah I get what you mean now.

Ghostlight posted:

I think swampland means the same thing, it's just that "atheist" is a general catch-all for not religious, but people like myself - and probably yourself from the sounds of it - if forced to identify as something would probably be best served by simply "secular". Most American athiests will say "oh but that's athiesm", but they're coming from a direction where being in one box or the other is something that is actively thought about because they're inside a society that still asks their presidents if they believe in God.

If forced to identify I'd probably say atheist just because I've always taken it literally and thought of it as "non-religious". But maybe I should change that since the word itself seems to have changed its meaning.
I wouldn't bring it up in casual conversation because the whole point of it is that it's not something I think about until asked.

So basically what you said, yeah.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Somfin posted:

Egg foo young from Zhou's Kitchen in Northland. It's an entire takeaway container full of greasy meaty omlette and it is so loving good.

Sounds good, buddy, but I can't stand eggs.

Best Chinese takeout's at the Chinese place in Clive, Hawkes Bay. The sauce is thick and the veges are crisp.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

WarpedNaba posted:

Sounds good, buddy, but I can't stand eggs.

Best Chinese takeout's at the Chinese place in Clive, Hawkes Bay. The sauce is thick and the veges are crisp.

go to mercury plaza
pick any of the places there
pick anything they sell

you can thank me later

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Two Finger posted:

go to mercury plaza
pick any of the places there
pick anything they sell

you can thank me later

Nah the Chinese place by the Korean sushi place in the top bit is kinda poo poo. The sushi place owns tho

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I had really loving good braised lamb noodles from Shaolin Kung Fu Noodle today. Would recommend.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

fong posted:

Nah the Chinese place by the Korean sushi place in the top bit is kinda poo poo. The sushi place owns tho

you mean the one in the corner by the door? he does a pretty good crispy skin chicken but the rest of it is pretty average i'll agree

i like the place just down the stairs, get their vietnamese red curry, or their beef noodle soup

or the one by the entrance, i think it's malay, they do a loving awesome pad thai

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Thank you.

Also I love that it says that it "corrects an error" in the 1998 amendment.

Smithersnz
May 10, 2005

We freaked out yesterday. Let's just freak in tonight
Soiled Meat

Two Finger posted:

you mean the one in the corner by the door? he does a pretty good crispy skin chicken but the rest of it is pretty average i'll agree

i like the place just down the stairs, get their vietnamese red curry, or their beef noodle soup

or the one by the entrance, i think it's malay, they do a loving awesome pad thai

The Korean by the doors on the bottom level has awesome greasy as poo poo dumplings, and the hot pot chicken isn't bad either.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
Shedding a manly tear right now, RIP Jonah

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Didn't know about his state of health, thought he had at least 5-10 years left. Bugger.

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
:(

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
Does this mean Grant Kereama can have his kidney back now?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Smithersnz posted:

The Korean by the doors on the bottom level has awesome greasy as poo poo dumplings, and the hot pot chicken isn't bad either.

As I said you can pick basically any place in there and it will be good. Reasonably priced too

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Breaking news: Man with well known long term serious health issues passes away.
Still sad even though I don't follow rugby.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I met him once and was disappointed because he's only the same height as me, but he signed a thing for me so I could give it to my folks and was real nice.

He had a Ford F-150.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
fitting that he had a car which could knock other cars over

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Bringing this thread back on topic.
Remember the time he advertised a burger for McDonald's? It was also the best burger they had on the menu. And yes it had pickles in it.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Varkk posted:

Bringing this thread back on topic.
Remember the time he advertised a burger for McDonald's? It was also the best burger they had on the menu. And yes it had pickles in it.

Um

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcPAISniFtA

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wow TV is a lot worse than I remember it being glad I haven't got one! Off to the crossfits now.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/74100409/Glucina-no-longer-boss-of-gossip-site-Scout

Scout's doing great

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
The problem with Scout's entire premise is that it assumes a base of readership that cares about New Zealand "celebrities".

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Remember a few years ago when 3 was the serious news and current affairs channel?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Exclamation Marx posted:

Remember a few years ago when 3 was the serious news and current affairs channel?

Don't worry story is taking care of that

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Exclamation Marx posted:

Two Finger posted:

Don't worry Mark Weldon is taking care of that

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

I don't know what that is.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

A human heart posted:

I don't know what that is.

Someone's pulled the story.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Lancelot posted:

The problem with Scout's entire premise is that it assumes a base of readership that cares about New Zealand "celebrities".

The problem with scout was it was run by Rachel Glucina and it turns out she's a reprehensible human being?

lol that people couldn't even stand working with her for 2 weeks before they all walked out, leaving her only with the remote workers that didn't have to share a room with her.

This was probably her dream job and it all fell apart instantly. Couldn't happen to a better person.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Ivor Biggun posted:

Someone's pulled the story.

I saw it before that happened, i mean that I have no idea what the website Scout is.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

A human heart posted:

I saw it before that happened, i mean that I have no idea what the website Scout is.

Never been on it because Glucina can gently caress off and die, but from what I can gather, it's basically supposed to be the NZ equivalent of TMZ, within the MediaWorks umbrella.

Long story short, 2 weeks after the website was launched, people started leaving because they couldn't stand to even be in the same room as Glucina, to the point where it was staffed entirely by Glucina and a bunch of freelancers that worked off-site. Glucina has now either left/forced out of her original job with Scout, and has now been downgraded to "staff member." What will happen to Scout now is anyone's guess - mine is that it will be a quiet death and no one notices or cares other than people like us who will proceed to point and laugh.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 18, 2015

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

In other news, finally decided to get fibre in the new place. Had them tell us Chorus would be in 3 times over the next month to talk about plan, sign off on plan, set up outside stuff and finally wire inside.
Today, the local Chorus guy rocks up, says "yea nah we'll do it today eh" and 1hour later they've dug a trench, cut concrete, re-concreted set up and we're off laughing.

To me this is amazing because I've heard nothing but horror stories, and our old place had fibre before we moved in so no experience to draw on.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

I'm glad Scout is dead.

What are all those Spy billboards I've seen though? Another similar thing?

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Really depends on the local contractor and if there are any issues regarding access etc.
Some places with the owners overseas can be a nightmare. It is even worse when a property has multiple owners who may be based in other countries. Common for many commercial buildings.
I think there was talk of a law change so if an owner is uncontactable after reasonable efforts the consent is assumed to be granted. Just like for other essential services.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Spiteski posted:

In other news, finally decided to get fibre in the new place. Had them tell us Chorus would be in 3 times over the next month to talk about plan, sign off on plan, set up outside stuff and finally wire inside.
Today, the local Chorus guy rocks up, says "yea nah we'll do it today eh" and 1hour later they've dug a trench, cut concrete, re-concreted set up and we're off laughing.

To me this is amazing because I've heard nothing but horror stories, and our old place had fibre before we moved in so no experience to draw on.

Ours was done pretty much the same, took a couple days between the scoping and doing it but yeah.

They did gently caress the cable laying though, it's not even tacked up under the house, it's just hanging loose under there like what the gently caress, it's not even in proper weatherproofed cable and it's just on the ground like my dude have some pride in your work

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Chorus won't allow the contractors to have pride in their work. Costs too much and takes to long. Their contract with the government simply states goals for number of connections by certain dates and nothing about quality or if poo poo breaks down later.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Ours was done pretty much the same, took a couple days between the scoping and doing it but yeah.

They did gently caress the cable laying though, it's not even tacked up under the house, it's just hanging loose under there like what the gently caress, it's not even in proper weatherproofed cable and it's just on the ground like my dude have some pride in your work

After reading that just went and had a look at mine. It's actually handing loose up to the wood arround the bottom of the house where it dives into the pipe under the ground. :v:
Looks to be a weather proof cable though, big black 1cm thick looking thing, so might just get under there with some cable ties so its up out the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The body corp won't allow fibre to be installed at my place because there aren't any companies that'll do it and guarantee against any damages to the building. Its poo poo.

• Locked thread