Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Animazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

No idea what this guy's deal was. I guess he didn't want us doing the event? Either way gave me a good laugh.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

xp from all 4 octovines in a single AB event, starting at 0% participation and ending with 100% for max reward

this is ~290k xp for less than 20 minutes work

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Nov 17, 2015

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

I wish.

Also learned a funny thing tonight in the final fight with Mordremoth; If sylvari characters go into that fight in a group, the non-sylvari players can attack them at the beginning of the fight. Some pubbie kicked my rear end and stomped me and it was hilarious.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Catsworth posted:

No idea what this guy's deal was. I guess he didn't want us doing the event? Either way gave me a good laugh.

don't kill the blue moas man!

Aug 24, 2011

i got ley line autism tonight and went to hit up that JP in auric basin above the RC golems

it's a really weak JP that only exists to jerk off its designer, relying overmuch on the ley line aspect and not actually being challenging or interesting at all

arus, this is the one you missed, and you didn't really miss anything, it took 3 minutes to do and most of that was chatting in guild. i'm really hoping there's more to do with this mastery that i'm missing.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Dreggon posted:

i got ley line autism tonight and went to hit up that JP in auric basin above the RC golems

it's a really weak JP that only exists to jerk off its designer, relying overmuch on the ley line aspect and not actually being challenging or interesting at all

arus, this is the one you missed, and you didn't really miss anything, it took 3 minutes to do and most of that was chatting in guild. i'm really hoping there's more to do with this mastery that i'm missing.

Ley Line makes jumping from island to island in Dragon's Stand really fun and easy. Lets you tag more events, that's right up your alley.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm mostly worried that raids will have bosses with adrenal mushrooms in them or something that 100% requires everyone to unlock them.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm mostly worried that raids will have bosses with adrenal mushrooms in them or something that 100% requires everyone to unlock them.

"The raid-specific Masteries will serve a couple of purposes, but chiefly they allow the designers to create a feeling of progression throughout the raid content. If a player who is new to raiding joins your squad, he or she will—for the most part—be able to assist entirely in the encounters. That said, there are a number of Mastery traits attached to various facets of the raid encounters. For example, if your squad is working on the last boss of a wing, and no one has a particular and clearly stated Mastery unlocked, you’re probably going to fail spectacularly"

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/designing-challenging-content/

Sorry bud

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Can't wait to grind out armour pen. mastery.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
"if your squad is working on the last boss of a wing, and no one has a particular and clearly stated Mastery unlocked."

Seems like they won't require the entire raid to have the masteries unlocked, just a few to have Dragon Tickling V unlocked so they can tickle the dragon in just the right spot to make it cough up ascended codpieces.

America Rocks
Mar 23, 2007
Can someone explain why Superior Rune of Leadership needs to cost 100 crystalline ore? That's 600 for an entire set. A legendary only requires 250 to craft.

Each full run of Dragon's Stand gives me about 5 crystalline ore. I'd have to do over 100 runs, which take more than an hour each, just for a single set of these.

And it doesn't seem that good - I just wanted to try it out on my engineer who is already full (exotic) celestial. So what, I slot runes that take 100+ hours to obtain into exotic armor? Seems like a waste, might as well save up for ascended gear- cue a hundred more hours of grinding.

Honestly don't see why any runes need to be this expensive. 10 crystalline ore each seems reasonable.

America Rocks
Mar 23, 2007
For reference, it's +celestial stats, +boon duration, and the 6-slot bonus transmutes 2 conditions into boons for 5 allies when you use an elite skill. I've heard people say that they're "best in slot for wvw", but I just wanted a rune set with +celestial that also did something neat.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
It's supposed to give you something to aspire to while you grind out DS for 150 hours. I mean, you're going to be doing that anyway, right?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

America Rocks posted:

Can someone explain why Superior Rune of Leadership needs to cost 100 crystalline ore? That's 600 for an entire set. A legendary only requires 250 to craft.

Each full run of Dragon's Stand gives me about 5 crystalline ore. I'd have to do over 100 runs, which take more than an hour each, just for a single set of these.

And it doesn't seem that good - I just wanted to try it out on my engineer who is already full (exotic) celestial. So what, I slot runes that take 100+ hours to obtain into exotic armor? Seems like a waste, might as well save up for ascended gear- cue a hundred more hours of grinding.

Honestly don't see why any runes need to be this expensive. 10 crystalline ore each seems reasonable.

I don't want to defend the 600 ore cost because it's definitely high, but 5 ore per run is really low. You might want to look up a guide on where the pods are. You owe it to yourself to get as much as possible for doing DS all the way through. I've gotten as much as 16 per run and average around 13 with just updraft and bouncy shrooms so there's definitely some glimmer of hope if you're dead set on getting it. (Don't.)

America Rocks
Mar 23, 2007
Maybe the raids will drop crystalline ore instead of a new map curr- hahaha who are we kidding I'm ready to grind for 250 spirit bomb fragments to make the goku pants.

Aug 24, 2011

hope everyone has the mist wanking mastery to clear the special raid poison

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

64-bits my rear end, anet

Dreggon posted:

gently caress :(

America Rocks
Mar 23, 2007
I do get 12-15 pods per run (depending on if a mesmer friend can port me across the leyline gliding sections), bt not every pod drops a crystalline ore. I heard that the drop rate was 30% and that feels about right. Again, no problem with any of that, but the rune cost seems counter to their normal design for rewards. Usually it is the new skins, tonics, and armor with new stat combinations that are expensive, not runes that don't create any shiny sparkles to show off.

(Side note: I think it's kind of bullshit that exotic items with the newer stat combinations mostly have to be crafted instead of dropping from mobs. Berserker exotics, the "best" gear, is still cheaper to get than stuff like nomads or minstrel or whatever, where you're just messing around to try different builds.)

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

America Rocks posted:

I do get 12-15 pods per run (depending on if a mesmer friend can port me across the leyline gliding sections), bt not every pod drops a crystalline ore. I heard that the drop rate was 30% and that feels about right. Again, no problem with any of that, but the rune cost seems counter to their normal design for rewards. Usually it is the new skins, tonics, and armor with new stat combinations that are expensive, not runes that don't create any shiny sparkles to show off.

(Side note: I think it's kind of bullshit that exotic items with the newer stat combinations mostly have to be crafted instead of dropping from mobs. Berserker exotics, the "best" gear, is still cheaper to get than stuff like nomads or minstrel or whatever, where you're just messing around to try different builds.)

There are definitely more pods than that. I'd say that there are at least 25 with an additional 2-3 in each lane before the final fight. There is also only one area that's gated by ley line gliding but it only has 0-2 pods from what I've seen. The fact that you need a mesmer leads me to believe that you're not in the right spots.

Dreggon posted:

xp from all 4 octovines in a single AB event, starting at 0% participation and ending with 100% for max reward

Wow, with that kind of mastery gain you must be a homeless drug addict by now. I'm still stuck in "jobless and alone" territory until I get some more Tyria XP.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 17, 2015

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013

ItBurns posted:

I've gotten as much as 16 per run and average around 13 with just updraft and bouncy shrooms

This is my exact experience. I usually get around 12-13 but 16-20 isn't impossible with luck.

There are basically two areas that have a lot of pods. The area with the Legendary Wyvern and then the area with the Tigers. Both areas are the areas that the Red arrows point to. For the most part you'll want to see which area the zerg goes to first after the meta event since trying to get pods in these areas by yourself sucks. Most DS's that I have done have had people say in map chat where they plan to go first.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Dreggon posted:

Won't you grey out of the events for non participation if you go and do the others?

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

They're going to need a better solution for weapon/armor enhancements real soon. The potential build variety from legendary armor kinda loses its sheen when you realize some of those builds require 100g+ in runes a piece to run legitimately.

Feels like you should unlock them permanently once using them, like glyphs were eventually changed to in WoW. Would affect the economy of course, but eh.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Amante posted:

They're going to need a better solution for weapon/armor enhancements real soon. The potential build variety from legendary armor kinda loses its sheen when you realize some of those builds require 100g+ in runes a piece to run legitimately.

Feels like you should unlock them permanently once using them, like glyphs were eventually changed to in WoW. Would affect the economy of course, but eh.

Swapping your runes for different fights is a pretty min/max sperglord thing and there should definitely be a cost to it.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CLAM DOWN posted:

Swapping your runes for different fights is a pretty min/max sperglord thing and there should definitely be a cost to it.

Yes how dare he want Scholar with berserker but Trooper with soldier and Krait or whatever the hell you use with Sinister

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sorry, I forgot, no opinions in this thread, might be construed as arguing :jerkbag:

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Legendary Runes, coming 2017.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Swapping your runes between, say, Pack and Scholar for a Zerker Power Build? That's kinda min-maxing. But there's builds using wholly different stats (going from pure Power to a pure Condition build for example) where rune set is very important, actually. Condition duration, etc.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CLAM DOWN posted:

Sorry, I forgot, no opinions in this thread, might be construed as arguing :jerkbag:

Chill, you're the one calling him a minmax sperglord for wanting rune swapping as well as stat swapping.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

^^^ maybe you should chill and stop antagonizing me for the 2nd day in a row?

Amante posted:

Swapping your runes between, say, Pack and Scholar for a Zerker Power Build? That's kinda min-maxing. But there's builds using wholly different stats (going from pure Power to a pure Condition build for example) where rune set is very important, actually. Condition duration, etc.

True. But with the likely cost associated with legendary armour, how often are you going to be switching stats that will make the runes a cost problem? I guess we won't really know until the full set is a thing. Do you think you'd switch stats often? Or every 6+ months?

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

grancheater posted:

Legendary Runes, coming 2017.
Legendary runes that switch between any available set*, after you grind a reasonable amount** to unlock them of course...

Oh god, that's eerily plausible.

*Not accounting for X amount of arbitrarily unavailable runes, like Sinister on "pick a stat" armor
**10,000 of each Magus Falls currency... per rune.

Edit:
vvv
:golfclap:

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Relax guys, I'm sure anet will release an infinite rune extractor for 2000 gems.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CLAM DOWN posted:

Try not taking everything personally, yesterday's comment wasn't even directed at you. :cripes:

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 17, 2015

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

True. But with the likely cost associated with legendary armour, how often are you going to be switching stats that will make the runes a cost problem? I guess we won't really know until the full set is a thing. Do you think you'd switch stats often? Or every 6+ months?

This may or may not be how you play, but there are plenty of players who switch between gear stats all the time for legitimate reasons - for instance, you may want to play a hammer scrapper in PvE but a burn-based condi engineer in WvW because it's fun.

People were hoping legendary armour would remove the need to lug around more than one gear set. Given that runes and sigils can make or break a build, I don't think it's that unreasonable to ask for an easier, less idiotic way to swap those out when you swap gear stats.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

Is that really the only situation you can think of where being able to freely change all the stats on your gear but not your runes would be annoying?

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

VenMalakim posted:

I don't even have any words.

Somehow, despite the disastrous concept for the character, they managed not to pick the 'ASPCA ad' Charr body type.

Also you should just keep multiple armor sets so you can transmute them differently and tell at a glance what gear you're in.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Amante posted:

CLAM DOWN posted:

Tbf I think he's agreeing with you. There's definitely a huge disconnect between power/condi stats though, especially with the introduction of Viper gear.

Is this really a new problem though? If legendary armor really does let you change stats, but isn't better than ascended, what's the point other than prestige? It's not like 6 bag slots for an extra set of armor is a big deal.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Raid patch seems to be out now.

e; 224mb

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Nov 17, 2015

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

ItBurns posted:

Is this really a new problem though? If legendary armor really does let you change stats, but isn't better than ascended, what's the point other than prestige? It's not like 6 bag slots for an extra set of armor is a big deal.
It is definitely an old problem... one that shouldn't still exist. For a game that purports to be all about on the fly build adaptations and such, it sure taxes you in a lot of ways for doing it (consumable runes, sigils, et cetera). Thankfully, I suspect they will eventually capitulate on this--as they did with making trait swapping free over time--so we can eventually look back at these dark days of runic dependency with the proper derision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Patch Notes posted:

Fixed a shameful error in the Rata Novus study guide book “The Human Gods” that stated Kormir took Dhuum’s place rather than Abaddon’s.

Praise Kormir!

Patch Notes

"Guild Fixes posted:

Players will now earn personal rewards on guild rushes as soon as they cross the finish line.
Players will now earn personal rewards on guild treks as soon as they interact with the trek icons.
Does it fix it for everyone to get credit? Who knows!

UchihaHirou fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 17, 2015

• Locked thread