Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is the manual still fan-written?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Yep.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

It's like 2 popdeath per unrest patrolled instead of 10 or whatever it was that manual says. It's still a noticeable amount when you are removing 20-60 unrest a turn but if i were 10 then the whole patrol and overhunt thing would be cost prohibitive and rapidly unsustainable.

Rhavviepoodle
Oct 2, 2014

bark bark
And most of the nations who will be overhunting are nations who will have growth scales, meaning it's more or less moot?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
every nation should be overhunting and patrolling with woofs probably, except for the water nations who dont get ot do anything fun012

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Remove blood remove blood blood is stinking pick dog removed but I hate it when you plug remove blood remove blood remove blood

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Kitfox88 posted:

Remove blood remove blood blood is stinking pick dog removed but I hate it when you plug remove blood remove blood remove blood

itchy

tasty

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
It's not a crime to ask for your citizens' virgin daughters in the name of national defense.

TheresNoThyme
Nov 23, 2012
Blood gets really broken if you get to build up unharassed by any of your neighbors. Which is also true for stuff like indie priest reanimation. Or like a vanheim player who gets to pick off opponents one by one.

Just give up on smashing big armies against each other and go raid the blood players' provinces. I dunno why people always give up on that, leech is easy as heck to script around and any kind of stealth armies can make life a nightmare for most blood nations. Blood income goes down a lot when you're only hunting your forts.

Rhavviepoodle posted:

And most of the nations who will be overhunting are nations who will have growth scales, meaning it's more or less moot?

I'd say it's not moot in EA where good access to 5-6k population provinces is not always guaranteed and what you have usually dips into failure territory pretty quickly. In LA though I've never been bothered by it.

TheresNoThyme fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 16, 2015

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

I guess we'll call that one a draw?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

lmao

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Conquest of Elysium 4 is out if any of you guys are interested

http://store.steampowered.com/app/403950/

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Boing posted:

I guess we'll call that one a draw?
Losses seem manageable for Fomoria? but lol @ Sauro. Rip.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

amuayse posted:

Conquest of Elysium 4 is out if any of you guys are interested

http://store.steampowered.com/app/403950/

It includes manual.
http://store.steampowered.com/manual/403950

Which is almost the same as the CoE3 manual, except for the two new classes, a page about the planes and the combat

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Fun fact: if you sneak dudes into a fort under siege, and the sieger assaults the fort, the sneaked dudes will not join the fight.

rip

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Well no, because they're sneaking, not defending!

Makes perfect illwinter sense

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ChickenWing posted:

Fun fact: if you sneak dudes into a fort under siege, and the sieger assaults the fort, the sneaked dudes will not join the fight.

rip

Can you force them to join with a sneak + attack order?

Edit:

Or wait, this is Illwinter after all. Sneak + attack from a nearby province makes them attack the sieging force alone, don't they? :shepface:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Libluini posted:

Or wait, this is Illwinter after all. Sneak + attack from a nearby province makes them attack the sieging force alone, don't they? :shepface:

This was my assumption.

I'll test it later to be sure that I wasn't just an idiot retard

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

These are the games we play.
You can always cloud trapeze them into the fort and they will defend it

TheresNoThyme
Nov 23, 2012
Got bailed out once by assassins not joining a castle defense if they assassinate on the same turn.

Basically anything that defaults to a hide order after the action (rather than defend or patrol) won't join fights. It makes sense if you think of it that way, though ~illwinter~ there's probably some exception to that rule I haven't thought of yet

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Going to start a new EA game and I've never played blood, so I thought about diving into the deep end and playing Mictlan.

Has the advent of the mighty erfsnake changed the usual Mictlan pro-strat, or is still major F, N or W bless the way to go?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Fat Samurai posted:

Going to start a new EA game and I've never played blood, so I thought about diving into the deep end and playing Mictlan.

Has the advent of the mighty erfsnake changed the usual Mictlan pro-strat, or is still major F, N or W bless the way to go?

B bless is also popular, I am told. But yeah, Mictlan is a bless nation - you don't really need an even stronger early game at the expense of midgame. Not that earth snake is wrong, but it can't be everywhere at once, unlike walking jaguars and flying jaguars.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Mictlan also has legit excellent conventional armies which are for some reason written off by Illwinter.

I mean you get a spear, shield and sling on a completely average, ten-across-the-board unit for 9g2r. That's pretty good!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah, this is why I was asking. A Scales Mictlan could be fun to tinker with, and a snake could supplement a weaker expansion while leaving way more points free. How much of a dick can I be with B3?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Problem is, Mictlan is Blood. And the meta is Always Rush Blood. You kind of need a stronk bless to scare that off.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Fat Samurai posted:

Yeah, this is why I was asking. A Scales Mictlan could be fun to tinker with, and a snake could supplement a weaker expansion while leaving way more points free. How much of a dick can I be with B3?
What 3 scales are you ditching for a dubious B3 addition to your Ex snake? EB isn't a particularly good anti-rush path combination, and it doesn't really open up anything you can't do with a couple of turns of hunting and empowerment later on.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

jBrereton posted:

What 3 scales are you ditching for a dubious B3 addition to your Ex snake? EB isn't a particularly good anti-rush path combination, and it doesn't really open up anything you can't do with a couple of turns of hunting and empowerment later on.

Nah, I mean national B3 on mages.

I see the point of a bless being more of a meta defense rather than an expansion tool.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

With a B3 you can empower to b4 then make a blood booster to b5 and then again to b6 and then you make the blood boosters for all your friends and then drown the world in flying jaguars.

For real, EA mict has mages with crosspaths for devils, ozelotl, frost devils, crossbreeding (and twisty thorns armour), and horrors. Their summons have vampire crosspaths. Basically, think of a thing you want with blood that's not demon knights and go from there.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
SOP is pretty much to bomb enemy capitals with Rain of Toads as soon as you fight them (or before). 30 unrest and 3 misfortune per hit plus quite a lot of Disease getting thrown around. Not hard to research either, it's Blood 5.

Even if you 'only' do it with 4 mages, it's a capital probably locked down for 2 turns unless they have a lot of troops on-hand to patrol, plus probably irreversible damage to whatever StR mages are around. And you can keep doing it so long as you have slaves, and if they shield up as a response, well they can't help that province with friendly mages very easily if you attack it.

For that, you need some Priest Kings tooled up with either a Blood Thorn (need 20 slaves, B4 and Constr-6), Brazen Vessel (Only Constr-4 but 30 slaves and needs B5) or Armour of Twisting Thorns (B3N2, constr-4, requires quite a lot of Nature gems but it's easy to empower one Priest King once in Blood, have him make one, and then make Blood Thorns or more ATTs for a while).

If your intention is mainly to be a dick, Mictlan actually has pretty good access to things that poo poo up enemy provinces. You might not look like a Death nation on the face of it, but you can certainly summon a lot of Death mages through Blood, plus you have natural F magic access, plus Nature. Lot of unrest between those paths, plus Baleful Star with your Moon Priests. Quite unlikely to be able to Mind Hunt, since you don't have good Earth access to break into Crystal Coins, but them's the breaks.

You can certainly ruin someone's day if they run expensive S1 mages by landing mind-duelling Turkeys on top of them if you're game for a lol.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

They increased the cost and research requirement for toads so it's no longer a zero effort "fire 2 at every fort forever" kind of spell but yeah it's still worth loving up a cap. EA caps are very valuable and it will also disease cap mages if they don't move them out.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
A single X9 bless on any of the monsters can be pretty good for Mictlan and still leaves you with good scales. Plus you get a monster to throw at things in the early game.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

It's drat hard to beat W9 on most things. You basically double the power of your troop frontage, and you get more guys into range with the extra speed.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

wiegieman posted:

It's drat hard to beat W9 on most things. You basically double the power of your troop frontage, and you get more guys into range with the extra speed.

Fire's better on a lot of things, actually.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

fool_of_sound posted:

Fire's better on a lot of things, actually.

Why not both?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Because I haven't managed to CheatEngine my way to extra Pretender points without the game noticing.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Who all has bought Trillwinter's latest and most ambitious title CONQUEST OF ELYSIUM 4? I think we should get a multiplayer game up and going and LP it and all become legends in our own right in the Something Awful goons community.

We will have to all get together and slam out the first bunch of turns where you don't do anything. But just take screenshots and poo poo and each post our perspective like good LPs do.

I, obviously, would like to be the Senator.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Fat Samurai posted:

Because I haven't managed to CheatEngine my way to extra Pretender points without the game noticing.

You're going about it wrong. What you do is make a mod that makes questionable changes to every nation and host your own games running it. One of those changes being a pretender specific to the nation you plan to play that costs -1000 points. Then after that game update your mod to 'tweak the balance' and move on to the next game.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

That's loving genius.

Apropos of nothing, I'm hosting a new game!

^^^^^^

Turn 10: And then my civilization got killed by Deer, Destroyer of Worlds.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Fat Samurai posted:

Turn 10: And then my civilization got killed by Deer, Destroyer of Worlds.

If you died to a deer in the LP you would become immortalized irl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Decrepus posted:

Who all has bought Trillwinter's latest and most ambitious title CONQUEST OF ELYSIUM 4?
Yes, it's somewhat abysmal but very compelling.

e: also much like Dom 4 the Mictlan stand-in has criminally underrated troops which are 'worse' by being cheaper and more flexible? Come on boys.

double edit: I just started a game as the Hoburgs and by turn 2 one of the 4 AIs I was against died. :thatscoe:

jBrereton fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 17, 2015

• Locked thread