Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ekusukariba posted:

I'm really hoping for an English release, was All-Star Battle successful enough for them to likely translate this?

I think with JoJo's rise in popularity enough people bought the game that an English release is pretty likely, that's honestly what I'm waiting for since it'll be a bit less than importing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's a Speedwagon trailer out in the same vein as the Jonathan one now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gVUwaqetwg

It seems like these may be daily things, so rather than me posting them every time, perhaps subscribe to this YT channel if you want to keep seeing them.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Diamond is Unbreakable in April folks! Some voice actors are different.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-11-17/jojo-bizarre-adventure-part-4-anime-main-staff-cast-april-premiere-revealed/.95484

quote:

Josuke: Yuki Ono (Wataru Hatano in ASB previously)
Koichi: Yuki Kaji (Romi Park previously)
Okiyasu: Wataru Takagi
Rohan: Takahiro Sakurai (Hiroshi Kamiya)
Jotaro: Daisuke Ono

Director: Naokatsu Tsuda
Series Director: Toshiyuki Kato
Chief Director: Yuuta Takamura
Series Composition: Yasuko Kobayashi Character Design: Terumi Nishii
Stand Design/Action Animation Director: Kenta Mimuro
Sub-Character Design: Shun'ichi Ishimoto
Prop Design: Yukitoshi Hōtani
Art Setting: Kaoru Aoki, Junko Nagasawa
Color Key: Yuko Sato
Art Director: Shunichiro Yoshihara
Director of Photography: Kazuhiro Yamada
Editing: Kiyoshi Hirose
Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
Music: Yuugo Kanno
Animation Production: David Production

[/quote]

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

quote:

Koichi: Yuki Kaji (Romi Park previously)

Oh god, thank you. Also Okuyasu still Takagi, hallelujah. Dunno how I feel about Josuke not being Hatano, but I'm sure Ono will be good.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Nov 17, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dengeki have killed that reveal page, so don't take it as 100% proof yet but it does seem likely to be true.

Apparent archive of Dengeki's page
http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/73417

Also ran the visual through waifu2x to get it a bit bigger without totally destroying it.

I'd be happy with this artstyle. Looks like it will fit the overall levity of DiU and is distinct from SDC.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Nov 17, 2015

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it'll be debuting in April? that seems so soon

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

setafd posted:

it'll be debuting in April? that seems so soon

Not soon enough

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

oh hey, i was wrong. quarter 2 instead of quarter 3. good news!

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I confess: i was really, really hoping we wouldn't wait long so I'm thrilled.

Glad they kept Oku's voice and love the image. Aahhh I love waking up to nice news.

Aurain I don't mind the video previews because I'm too drat lazy to go look it up myself but have this thread bookmarked...

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!
Whoa, an April start is fantastic news! Art style looks fine in that image, and Jotaro actually looks like he's aged a little since SDC.

Butt Ghost posted:

That new trailer makes the game look not horrible
Don't worry, it's still gonna be horrible just like ASB, and just like ASB, I'm gonna preorder it and play the hell out of it. :shepspends:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It could just be that image and the colour choices for it, but it looks to me like they've possibly decided to give Jotaro a red/cranberry like coloured jacket instead of his all white ensemble.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I'm inclined to say that the red/cranberry you're seeing is Josuke's outline and/or Jotaro's shadowed shoulder. You can kind of see Jotaro's right shoulder and it looks like a white coat to me.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yah I *think* that's just shading.

I came back to ask you what you think of josuke's voice swap, aurain

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't know the new guy, I've not seen anything he's in and finding good clips of him on YT is sort of difficult but I'm just so fond of Wataru Hatano that I'm naturally apprehensive of them changing that. He's been Josuke in all voiced appearances, so I'm wondering if he's out due to a scheduling clash they just couldn't work out?

From what I do know of Yuki Ono from finding clips to get a handle on his performances and on the face of it, it seems that he's got an impressive range of characters which doesn't help so much in placing how he's going to do Josuke/Crazy D's DORARARA. He's a fat guy in Shokugeki no Soma who seemed goofy and he was Mr.Bump in Mr.Men's dub and that was very goofy, but he was serious in some basketball show and that seemed kind of "Josuke" to me but didn't have that aloof confidence and fun that Josuke has.

That's a lot of words for what boils down to "I need to hear him in the role".
I'm not sure what to think about them not going with Kamiya for Rohan too, but I'm extremely glad they know that Wataru Takagi is the perfect Okuyasu and that must never ever be changed.

I'm hoping that the art style stays like that promo art for the show itself though because I like it a lot, it's a great way to show it's the start of a new era of JoJo.

This is the Mr.Men thing I saw. (Mr.Bump is blue)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MZM6jlnfaI

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Excellent news.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yeah I'm not at all familiar with this guy, we'll see. Somebody else I was talking to today seemed happy about the change cuz they thought Wataru Hatano sounded a little old/gruff for him which I can see, actually, but I'm so used to him...

If they'd changed up Okuyasu I'd have been very sad.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm somewhat familiar with Yuki Ono and he was pretty stellar as a loving crazy man in Yugioh 5Ds, but I've never heard him as anything that's not that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

quote:

Rohan: Takahiro Sakurai (Hiroshi Kamiya)

Boooo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

wikipedia posted:

2003 Cromartie High School Takashi Kamiyama

I'm in

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qHMLr--aABwJ:gs.dengeki.com/news/50938/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=jp

Here's the google webcache of Dengeki's article.

e: Also Takahiro Sakurai was Bruno in the VA game.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 17, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Baal posted:

Not watching the Cromartie dub

Booooo

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Koichi's VA is also Eren from Attack on Titan. Pretty fitting given the shared themes they both have (tall rear end people destroying things in their lives)

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Rohan's VA is great

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sakurai/Rohan's going to be in One Punch Man in 3 weeks (at a guess) as Zombieman, so that'll be an opportunity for a lot to get acquainted with the voice though I don't think he'll say a lot.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I'm rewatching gintama because be quiet and I realized that I'm almost up to the yuki ono episode, ha.

Episode 83?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Don't you tell me what I have and haven't watched

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Josuke Higashikata posted:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qHMLr--aABwJ:gs.dengeki.com/news/50938/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=jp

Here's the google webcache of Dengeki's article.

e: Also Takahiro Sakurai was Bruno in the VA game.

I mean I love Sugiyama, but the VA Bruno voice is the best one

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Woah, neat. Would've guessed late 2016 myself, but April's more than fine.

About when do you guys think I should have the new anime thread up by? I was thinking a week beforehand, but maybe a little more time would be best?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think it really depends on what's happening in the build up. Like, if there are a bunch of cool trailers coming out or things about it, it might be worth having it up when that's happening if it's like a month out from the time so people can discuss those.

If nothing's happening beforehand, a week would probably do.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Sakurai/Rohan's going to be in One Punch Man in 3 weeks (at a guess) as Zombieman, so that'll be an opportunity for a lot to get acquainted with the voice though I don't think he'll say a lot.

Koichi is Speed of Sound Sonic.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, I'd say make a thread if a significant PV comes around before, but a week before if not.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

A week is probably good, I agree.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Do what I did when SC was coming out and make it three weeks in advance and you were afraid someone was gonna step in on your territory

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

A week then, unless a bunch of PVs come out and start getting people excited.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Baal posted:

Do what I did when SC was coming out and make it three weeks in advance and you were afraid someone was gonna step in on your territory
For a brief period of time we had around six One-Punch Man threads active on the same day, though admittedly not for that reason.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I think when PVs start coming out (because there's no way there won't be pvs).

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
In other news, a new chapter of Vento Aureo went up yesterday, so check it out here if you're into that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Thanks for the heads up Daxing Dan.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the ANN article said they're releasing a teaser as early as December 19, though that's too early for a thread imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

you watched the dub