Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I'm 5-5, in 6th place (barely making the playoffs if they were today), so every week is a must win, and I need a WR pretty badly. Antonio Brown is out this week, and after that I have Randall Cobb...Nate Washington, Kendall Wright, and Cecil Shorts. (Be nice, I'm stacked on RB, where we only need to start one). I have Derek Carr and Jay Cutler, either of which I'd be fine running out the season with, and the team in first place has expressed interest in Carr. What would be the fairest/best trade between these teams (obviously I'm not getting his Julio)?

My team:

QB: Derek Carr, Jay Cutler
WR: Antonio Brown, Randall Cobb, Nate Washington, Kendall Wright, Cecil Shorts
RB: LeSean McCoy, Charcandrick West, Chris Ivory, DeAngelo Williams, Charles Sims

His team:
QB: Andy Dalton, Andrew Luck (hence his panic)
WR: Julio Jones, Allen Robinson, Michael Crabtree, Danny Amendola, Jermaine Kerse
RB: Latavius Murray, Chris Thompson, Isaiah Crowell

I'd love to get my hands on Robinson or Amendola, but I don't see him going for a one for one trade, right? So a two for two may be needed, and he seems week at RB, but I am awful at evaluating trades, so I need help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
FP's Week 11 WW Rankings. Cutoff is 50% ownership in Yahoo. Rankings intended for ppr.

WR
1. Danny Amendola - Edelman is gone until at least week 17, probably longer, and is safe to drop. Amendola fills the Edelman role in the offense. Had 10 catches this weekend for 80 yards. Importantly, he still appeared to be returning kicks and punts. Amendola was good for another 153 return yards Sunday. He's the clear #1 add this week (below 50% owned) in ppr, half ppr, and return yard leagues.

2. Kamar Aiken - Peppered with 14 targets this weekend. Flacco's #1 WR right now. Tends to suck against decent defenses (1/6yds/0 @ARI, 1/-1yds/0 @DEN etc), so I don't love the games against STL or SEA, but he will have some good weeks before the season is done if you need a spot start.

3. Ted Ginn Jr - Still Cam's #2 target behind Olsen. Gets to play the Saints "defense" in a few weeks, and the rest of his schedule is pretty easy too. Severe case of butterfingers has apparently been resolved into only a mediocre case of butterfingers.

4. DGB - Only has 12 catches on the season, but three of them have been in the red zone (converting two into touchdowns), as you might expect for this 6'5 monster. The rest of his targets tend to be deep - with an average target depth of 11 yards - meaning the potential for big plays is there. I'm not sure you can start him right now, but his next three games are JAX-OAK-JAX, so if he's going to break out, it's going to be now. If you like gambling on rookie upside, this is your window. I'd say upside is about level with Hurns.

5. Nate Washington - As expected, Shorts ate into his targets. And the QB situation in Houston is somehow WAY IFFIER than we could have even imagined prior to the season. But I think he's too important to the offense for him to stay uninvolved. 80% of his catches have gone for first downs (which are desparetely needed in HOU). The only WRs to sustain that kind of rate with more catches than Washington are Nuke, Evans, Alshon, and Hurns.

Others: Dwayne Harris, Randle, Crowder

RB
1. Matt Jones - Still averaging about 10 carries per game, but his snap count is WAY up and for the past few weeks, and he's been getting much more involved in the passing game, to great effect. He had 187 all-purpose yards last week (plus a touchdown). As we speculated in the WW column a few weeks ago, it looks like he may have passed up Morris coming out of the bye. Schedule is mediocre, but games against DAL and CHI look promising.

2. Charlie Sims - Another disappointing game. But after this week vs PHI, he has a bunch of juicy matchups (including the Saints). Good mix of desparation flex-ability and potential upside.

3. Theo Riddick - Startable in full ppr. Unrosterable in standard.

4. Jay Ajayi - Looks explosive. Has only had 11 touches this season after coming back from injury two weeks ago, but has turned those 11 touches into 90 yards (mostly through consistently eatin up chunks near the LoS, not one or two fluke long runs). Miller isn't going anywhere (he played 80% of snaps for both of Ajayi's games back), but Ajayi is the clear handcuff and may continue to carve out a role for himself. He looks so good, a lot of WW columns are going to have him higher just on (possible) talent. But the opportunity is still going to remain limited for the forseeable future. Chances are he's unstartable without an injury to Miller (note: feature backs like Miller have an injury rate of roughly 5% per game, so we're looking at an expected probability of about 23% that Ajayi is startable for at least 1 game before the end of the season due to an injury to Miller).

5. David Cobb - Returning from IR, a possibly good but definitely unknown quality, may be fat etc. Folks liked him prior to the season, and there's little reason to think anything different of him now (though I still have immense doubts that any TEN running back is going to be a guy I want to start).

6. Rawls - Though Lynch looked good this weekend, he's still pretty banged up, and Rawls might be a pretty damned good player. A great lotto ticket if you have your starters and want playoff upside.

7. James White - Hard to say whether his low involvement last week was role-based (as in, Bill and Brady just don't want to rely on him much) or scheme-based (as in, they found other ways to go after the Giants that they preferred). He played almost 30 snaps, though, so he saw plenty of the field. Pretty much the entirety of his value is his potential share of the Pats offense. Running backs on great offenses are gold dust, and in ppr, I like pass-catching guys.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 17, 2015

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Jay Ajayi runs like a grown rear end man. I like to collect backups like him (K Williams, D Johnson are others). These guys are going to be legit, it's just a matter of if it's this year. Then again, I beat that drum for Jeremy Hill all last year, was very right, and then very wrong, so YMMV

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
FWIW Jay Ajayi's knees are going to be destroyed sooner rather than later. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes down this year with how explosive he's been playing.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Two quick things:

1) I've posted in the Sit/Start threads about my QB issues (12 team superflex league with literally no FA starters left, currently own Kaep/Gabbert, Cassel, and Bridgewater). Which QB should I try going after this week with Cassel on his way out*?

Osweiler
Sanchez
Yates

I'm thinking priority goes in that order.

*Alternately, I can ignore trying to snag a junk QB this week and continue rolling with Bridgewater and Gabber-nick. What do you guys think?

2) Should I drop Prince Amukamara? He's really good but he's been hurt forever and I'm not sure the spot is worth it for 3-6 points/week.

edit: Just realized Amendola is available in my league but Aiken/Ginn/DGB/Nate aren't. :wtc: That's going to be a shitshow of waiver claims tonight.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

89 posted:

One dude in my league is loaded with RBs. Freeman, Gurley, Lynch, Shady, Langford. His WRs just died though. Edelman, Allen Hurns, and Jeffrey. I have Antonio Brown, Allen Robinson, LaFell, Maclin, John Brown, and Washington. Wonder if I could get a RB off him...my RBs are Gore, DeAngelo, and Blount

Hurns isn't dead...yet.

He had this abdomen issue multiple weeks this year. He's just deciding if he's going to get surgery for it now or later. Now, he's done, later, he'll still play like he does every game through injuries.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Doltos posted:

FWIW Jay Ajayi's knees are going to be destroyed sooner rather than later. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes down this year with how explosive he's been playing.

Oh please :rolleyes:. There's no reason to believe that Ajayi is going to be significantly more "injury prone" this season than any other running back. The rumors about a chronic knee condition are vastly overblown and were probably deliberate misinformation campaigns by teams hoping to get a discount.

quote:

Well leading up to the draft there were multiple reports from multiple media outlets that various reporters and media outlets had been told by "several executives" that they had either backed off of Ajayi or removed him all together from their draft boards because of how their medical staffs has evaluated the previously surgically repaired knee. There was also a report that surfaced stating that at some point down the road he would require "micro-fracture surgery". Many clubs were reported to be concerned about him holding up physically given all the carries he had in college. Then the famous report surfaced after the draft via ESPN's Adam Schefter that the knee was actually "bone on bone". This according to some of the teams doctors that had examined him prior to the draft.

It's unknown how many teams had their doctors examine him on an individual basis but many of the reports that surfaced claimed to be based on a medical recheck performed at the Indianapolis Scouting Combine. The problem with those reports is that Ajayi did not attend any medical rechecks at the combine. Ajayi's agent, Erik Burkhardt, confirmed via Twitter that he did not and was never even asked to attend the recheck. Some reports claimed that this information had been going around the NFL but what is known is that teams tend to not share medical information obtained from a player in any way even off the record. It seems unlikely that too many GM's would be out there spreading confidential medical information about a player even "off the record" but its not unlikely that some rumor spreading may have otherwise occurred during the season of "misinformation" in the NFL.

And the last three years certainly suggest that he's just fine at the moment. He didn't miss a single practice or minute of game time because of his knee after returning from the 2011 ACL tear, and he carried the heaviest workload in college football last year to 2350 scrimmage yards.

The best analysis I've seen on Ajayi suggests that there is MAYBE a possibility that over the long term, Ajayi COULD need microfracture surgery IF he does end up developing osteoarthritis as a consequence of his 2011 ACL tear (which is possible if he has cartilage damage), but historically players that returned from microfracture surgery averaged an additional 4.6 season. That's barely a concern for the 3-year dynasty time horizon most owners use, much less for the next six weeks.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Darko posted:

Hurns isn't dead...yet.

He had this abdomen issue multiple weeks this year. He's just deciding if he's going to get surgery for it now or later. Now, he's done, later, he'll still play like he does every game through injuries.

Which reminds me, is anyone trusting starting Hurns or Yeldon this week? I'm pretty worried aboout the curse of Thursday since both thos guys are playing hurt, but I don't really have the depth to not play them.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
7-2-1 and in sole possession of first place 14 team league. Do I stick with my current roster that has been winning me games or start trying to nab "playoff players"?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Vargo posted:

Which reminds me, is anyone trusting starting Hurns or Yeldon this week? I'm pretty worried aboout the curse of Thursday since both thos guys are playing hurt, but I don't really have the depth to not play them.

Not Yeldon, maybe Hurns, he's been banged up all season. Yeldon looks like a scratch.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Vargo posted:

If Hurns plays I'm definitely starting him. He has scored a touchdown in his past 7 games and he's supposedly been hurt the whole (or most) time. It's not like Bort has a whole lot of other guys to throw to. Who else would you start? If it's just waiver wire trash I'd take the chance on the whole Thursday thing.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
If you would start Hurns on Sunday, start him on Thursday.

Yeldon probably isn't going to play.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

MacheteZombie posted:

Not Yeldon, maybe Hurns, he's been banged up all season. Yeldon looks like a scratch.

My only other RB option is ALSO playing Thurday, though. (Andrews)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Vargo posted:

Yeldon is in a walking boot.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hurns is in full practice today, so yeah, I'll play he and Robinson on Thurs.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Vargo posted:

You're putting too much stock into it being a Thursday game. Guys have good thursdays.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Hazo posted:

Two quick things:

1) I've posted in the Sit/Start threads about my QB issues (12 team superflex league with literally no FA starters left, currently own Kaep/Gabbert, Cassel, and Bridgewater). Which QB should I try going after this week with Cassel on his way out*?

Osweiler
Sanchez
Yates

I'm thinking priority goes in that order.

*Alternately, I can ignore trying to snag a junk QB this week and continue rolling with Bridgewater and Gabber-nick. What do you guys think?

2) Should I drop Prince Amukamara? He's really good but he's been hurt forever and I'm not sure the spot is worth it for 3-6 points/week.

edit: Just realized Amendola is available in my league but Aiken/Ginn/DGB/Nate aren't. :wtc: That's going to be a shitshow of waiver claims tonight.

Your QBs are awful enough that you should definitely grab Osweiler and Sanchez, though priority on Osweiler like you say. Drop Amukamara for the other QB, unless it's dynasty or a very deep league, you should've dropped him awhile ago most likely.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

thrawn527 posted:

I'm 5-5, in 6th place (barely making the playoffs if they were today), so every week is a must win, and I need a WR pretty badly. Antonio Brown is out this week, and after that I have Randall Cobb...Nate Washington, Kendall Wright, and Cecil Shorts. (Be nice, I'm stacked on RB, where we only need to start one). I have Derek Carr and Jay Cutler, either of which I'd be fine running out the season with, and the team in first place has expressed interest in Carr. What would be the fairest/best trade between these teams (obviously I'm not getting his Julio)?

My team:

QB: Derek Carr, Jay Cutler
WR: Antonio Brown, Randall Cobb, Nate Washington, Kendall Wright, Cecil Shorts
RB: LeSean McCoy, Charcandrick West, Chris Ivory, DeAngelo Williams, Charles Sims

His team:
QB: Andy Dalton, Andrew Luck (hence his panic)
WR: Julio Jones, Allen Robinson, Michael Crabtree, Danny Amendola, Jermaine Kerse
RB: Latavius Murray, Chris Thompson, Isaiah Crowell

I'd love to get my hands on Robinson or Amendola, but I don't see him going for a one for one trade, right? So a two for two may be needed, and he seems week at RB, but I am awful at evaluating trades, so I need help.

Sorry, but thoughts on this? My Derek Carr or Jay Cutler for his Allen Robinson or Danny Amendola (this probably won't happen, right? Anything better?)

Reposting, because Robinson plays Thursday.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Need a trade proposal evaluated (standard no ppr)

I send: Dez Bryant, Eddie Lacy

I receive: LeSean McCoy, Stevie Johnson

My team:

QB: Dalton
RB1: Ivory
RB2: Starks
WR/RB: Murray
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Allen Robinson
TE: Gates
D/ST: Jets
K: Santos

Bench: Moncrief, Lacy, Bryant, Megatron, Watson

I don't believe Lacy is gonna come back in a meaningful way and I feel like I'm pretty stacked at WR. Thoughts?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I picked up Richard Rodgers, GB TE to fill in for Antonio Gate's bye week. I figured I'd drop him after this week, but he's had a TD both of the last two weeks and seems to be very involved in the offense, especially in the redzone.

I'll admit I haven't seen Gates play much this season; does he have a solid floor? Or would I be just as well off rolling the dice on a Rodgers->Rodgers TD each week? It's do or die time in my attempt to grab a playoff spot so I'm looking for more booms than low floors.....

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

timp posted:

I picked up Richard Rodgers, GB TE to fill in for Antonio Gate's bye week. I figured I'd drop him after this week, but he's had a TD both of the last two weeks and seems to be very involved in the offense, especially in the redzone.

I'll admit I haven't seen Gates play much this season; does he have a solid floor? Or would I be just as well off rolling the dice on a Rodgers->Rodgers TD each week? It's do or die time in my attempt to grab a playoff spot so I'm looking for more booms than low floors.....

I'd much rather play Gates.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
I'm a stubborn man:

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!

timp posted:

Rivers has all of Stevie Johnson and gates to throw to and green bay has a very anemic offense right now.

Start gates.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

This is pretty much peak Richard Rodgers. ~25 yards and a TD.

Gates has a higher floor AND a higher ceiling.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Mr. McGibblets posted:

7-2-1 and in sole possession of first place 14 team league. Do I stick with my current roster that has been winning me games or start trying to nab "playoff players"?

There must be some marginal players on your roster unless you got studs across the board in a 14 team league. Maybe cast off some bench guys for those with favorable playoff matchups?

Speaking of which, Saints have it pretty good for the playoffs. Lions, Jags and @ ATL.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Cowboys cut Christine Michael :lol:

No seriously guys that breakout is coming any day now gotta be ahead of the curve

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Benne posted:

Cowboys cut Christine Michael :lol:

No seriously guys that breakout is coming any day now gotta be ahead of the curve

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

BigFactory posted:

I'd much rather play Gates.

Piggles posted:

Rivers has all of Stevie Johnson and gates to throw to and green bay has a very anemic offense right now.

Start gates.

Gobias Ind. posted:

This is pretty much peak Richard Rodgers. ~25 yards and a TD.

Gates has a higher floor AND a higher ceiling.

You guys are right, needed a head check there. Thanks!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I only have Peterson, Ingram, and Yeldon so I'm hosed this week and it's a must win. Check out these winners I have to pick from!

Denard Robinson
Taiwan Jones
DeAnthony Thomas
Mike Tolbert
Kyle Juszczyk
David Johnson
Brandon Oliver
Buck Allen
Ahmad Bradshaw
Tre Mason
Brandon Bolden
Marcel Reece
Thomas Rawls
Chris Polk
Jonathan Grimes

:suicide:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I only have Peterson, Ingram, and Yeldon so I'm hosed this week and it's a must win. Check out these winners I have to pick from!

Denard Robinson
Taiwan Jones
DeAnthony Thomas
Mike Tolbert
Kyle Juszczyk
David Johnson
Brandon Oliver
Buck Allen
Ahmad Bradshaw
Tre Mason
Brandon Bolden
Marcel Reece
Thomas Rawls
Chris Polk
Jonathan Grimes

My dart throw for no reason whatsoever would probably be Tolbert.

Edit: full disclosure, I'm terrible at darts

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Denard Robinson
Taiwan Jones
DeAnthony Thomas
Mike Tolbert
Kyle Juszczyk
David Johnson
Brandon Oliver
Buck Allen
Ahmad Bradshaw
Tre Mason
Brandon Bolden
Marcel Reece
Thomas Rawls
Chris Polk
Jonathan Grimes

What's the league format? If you're in PPR I'd gamble on Bradshaw catching a few random dumpoffs from Old Man Hasselbeck.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

You'd be better off just gambling on Yeldon.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I went out and grabbed Robinson just because he seemed like the only one that was guaranteed any form of touches with intentions of making a decision by Thursday.

Benne posted:

What's the league format? If you're in PPR I'd gamble on Bradshaw catching a few random dumpoffs from Old Man Hasselbeck.

PPR and return yards so there's a little part of me looking at Jones and Thomas as a plug and pray

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

It now sounds like Yeldon is going to play; I'd just run with him.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Thank god, but now that Yeldon and Hurns are going to likely play, my Tennessee D/ST stream doesn't seem so hot :sweatdrop:

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
I have a dilemma - a good one though. In one of my leagues I am super stacked, but somehow Martavis Bryant is sat on waivers. Who do I drop for him, if anyone? I have:

Rivers, Carr
Peterson, Ivory, Miller, McCoy, Williams, West
Hopkins, Robinson, Evans, Diggs

I am already dropping Diggs for a TE to cover Barnidge's Bye.
Who is better ROS - Evans or Bryant?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

a shameful boehner posted:

Need a trade proposal evaluated (standard no ppr)

I send: Dez Bryant, Watson

I receive: LeSean McCoy, Stevie Johnson

He changed his mind to take Watson instead of Lacy, which would leave Gates as my TE. This is what I would have at RB/WR:

RB: Ivory, Starks, Murray, McCoy, Lacy
WR: Marshall, Robinson, Megatron, Moncrief, Johnson

Accept?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

a shameful boehner posted:

He changed his mind to take Watson instead of Lacy, which would leave Gates as my TE. This is what I would have at RB/WR:

RB: Ivory, Starks, Murray, McCoy, Lacy
WR: Marshall, Robinson, Megatron, Moncrief, Johnson

Accept?

Would he take Megatron instead? Now that Romo is back I think I'd rather have Dez ROS.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Reports are CMike just got cut by the Cowboys. :lol:

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Would he take Megatron instead? Now that Romo is back I think I'd rather have Dez ROS.

I'm so hesitant to part with Megatron, though :negative:

• Locked thread