Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

mr.capps posted:

Also when are we finally going to get around on declaring war on the rest of the trad games sub forum?

Capps I declare war on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
lame

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mr.capps posted:

Also when are we finally going to get around on declaring war on the rest of the trad games sub forum?

this happened years ago, lol if you don't remember

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

Capps I declare war on you.

same

Pinterest Mom posted:

Your weather really sucks opop :mad:

what were you expecting

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
One two three four I declare a Keane war!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Captain Foo posted:

this happened years ago, lol if you don't remember

i lost my memory in the holocrin wave

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

mr.capps posted:

mafia goons what tabletop games have you been enjoying lately

Lots of Star Realms recently. Was thinking about picking up Caverna, though. Looked like a blast...

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Does anyone have a good home made egg nog recipe? I love the stuff but I'm usually too lazy to make it ahead of time. I want it NOW.

This is a thing that cannot be bought in this stupid country, though they do have a name for it, could be from Quebec though: lait de poule or something. Pretty much chicken's milk.

Watch the eggnog episode of good eats.

http://www.ulive.com/video/eggnog

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CapitalistPig posted:

Watch the eggnog episode of good eats.

http://www.ulive.com/video/eggnog

This is the right answer.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Creme de vie aka egg nog with rum is best http://www.mybigfatcubanfamily.com/crema-de-vie-cuban-egg-nog-recipe/

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

Smash Up is a lot of fun, especially if you get good at playing a ghost deck and can annoy your friends.

Dominion is probably my second favorite board game after chess, I really like it.

Another good game you might enjoy is Five Finger Fillet.

Smash Up and Dominion are both very good games.

Bear Cavalry + Pirates ftw

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
egg nog? might as well drink the blood of orphaned hens.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
what are some free good 2 player print and play games

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Smash Up and Dominion are both very good games.

Bear Cavalry + Pirates ftw

I really like Ghost + Robots.

Ghost deck annoys the poo poo out of my friends, it's great.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
my favorite card game is 1000 blank index cards

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
there's this one game called tic-tac-toe, you draw four lines into a hashtag and alternate Xs and Os, whoever first gets three in a row wins.

it's deceptively complicated, since you need to get three in a straight line, not just wherever. expert triple-T's (as we call ourselves) are even able to trick the other player into thinking they're blocking a three-in-a-row when in truth they're falling right into a trap :hehe:

I won't give it away since I like having some secrets left but let's just say I'm kind of a beast at the game.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
sorry ecco but that recommendation just makes you look like a complete idiot and not a smart funny person

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

egg nog? might as well drink the blood of orphaned hens.

I wouldn't be opposed. Got a good recipe?

All joking aside blood sausage has always been delicious. I've only enjoyed the Colombian, morcilla, and French, boudin noir, variants but I like them both with perhaps a preference to the former.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

mr.capps posted:

sorry ecco but that recommendation just makes you look like a complete idiot and not a smart funny person

I know you are but what am i

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I wouldn't be opposed. Got a good recipe?

All joking aside blood sausage has always been delicious. I've only enjoyed the Colombian, morcilla, and French, boudin noir, variants but I like them both with perhaps a preference to the former.

I am a parody of ecco! it is what your friend ecco does, yes???

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

mr.capps posted:

my favorite card game is 1000 blank index cards
1000 Blank White Cards is only really fun if everyone is playing in good faith. If you have anyone who's the type who would want to play to win, it quickly gets really dumb.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

what were you expecting

"ha ha i am moving to a rainforest"

vs

"oh it's raining again :geno:"

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
We should schedule a tabletop simulator night. Idk if many of you have that game but I'd love to play cards against humanity or uno or something with you guys. I mostly play card games in it but I'm sure there's other stuff too.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The physiotherapist took the bandage off my wrist! I still have a splint but my skin will no longer be disgusting :woop: Healing process is going well I think, I've got tons of strength back and my fingers are all moving fine. Just got to exercise my wrist back into full movement. Also, I have x-ray photos! This is my wrist, not my elbow.

In other news, I'm currently crushing on 2 people at the same time :ohdear:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Rarity posted:

Isn't crushing two people at the same hard enough even with full arm strength?

:j:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

BottleKnight posted:

We should schedule a tabletop simulator night. Idk if many of you have that game but I'd love to play cards against humanity or uno or something with you guys. I mostly play card games in it but I'm sure there's other stuff too.

We've played a whole bunch of CaH as a group before, it is fun. I know people were playing Avalon and Fiasco over skype before which I also would love to join in on but which never works out with my life schedule~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

My point being I would be down to play some tabletop stuff with you, BK, sorry if that wasn't clear in my response :v:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I like the new Movie League format so it's not just about whether you picked the giant movie or not opening weekend.

I made the mistake of not picking Jurassic World during opening weekend and it was impossible to ever come back from that.

EDIT: Based on the prices you can either pick Hunger Games on Friday or you can pick Saturday and Sunday.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I want to play in Movie League, where is that and how does it work

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

We've played a whole bunch of CaH as a group before, it is fun. I know people were playing Avalon and Fiasco over skype before which I also would love to join in on but which never works out with my life schedule~

I liked listening to the Fiasco games. Avalon is easy enough to play over skype too since there's that one website.

I have CaH but honestly hate it now and never play it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

I want to play in Movie League, where is that and how does it work

http://fantasymovieleague.com/

The season is almost over, but a new one will be starting again. People have sorta come and gone, but I hope people pick it back up again in a few weeks when the new season starts.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rarity posted:

The physiotherapist took the bandage off my wrist! I still have a splint but my skin will no longer be disgusting :woop: Healing process is going well I think, I've got tons of strength back and my fingers are all moving fine. Just got to exercise my wrist back into full movement. Also, I have x-ray photos! This is my wrist, not my elbow.

Date two people at once IMO.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

Date two people at once IMO.

I work with both of them, it would end poorly

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

date none of them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kashuno posted:

date none of them.

This is the likely outcome, yes

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
date some of them.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

take them both out for coffee simultaneously.

form a team.

destroy all comers.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rarity posted:

Only date really rational people, it's hilarious working your way through these circumstances then.

Rational people are like "BEEP boop let us suggest a threesome" trust me it'll work.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
Date 1.5 of them. Take one out to fun dates, make out with the left half of the other person's face.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Have you considered pretending to have an identical twin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elc8xiRf7yE