Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Paradox should throw a Norse or Suomenusko province in Sweden to turn Scandinavia games into Burn Europe to The loving Ground Simulator. And some Romuva provinces split between the Teutonic and Livonian Orders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Funky Valentine posted:

Burn Europe to The loving Ground Simulator

It's not already? :confused:

I guess I play too much Total War because I keep making really wide empires that wind up lagging behind everyone else in every way by 1650 or so and then I have a bunch of revolts and I can't be bothered to finish them all off and :rip:

I'm never gonna be good at this game.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Did I miss it or are there no changes to the inactive/inaccessible allies in wars that force you to wait years until they white peace/your warscore is high enough without occupying them?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Tahirovic posted:

Did I miss it or are there no changes to the inactive/inaccessible allies in wars that force you to wait years until they white peace/your warscore is high enough without occupying them?

This is a lovely thing but there is a better way around it than waiting it out. Peace out with your main target as soon as you can enforce 10% warscore of demands and make them break the alliance. Don't take much/anything else and the truce will expire quickly. Then invade again and take all their poo poo.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Have you guys ever heard of taking a bunch of poo poo from both people?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

He's talking about if you can't get there to take the other guy's poo poo. Like if there's a bunch of dicks who won't give you military access to get at your target's ally in the way.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Wafflecopper posted:

This is a lovely thing but there is a better way around it than waiting it out. Peace out with your main target as soon as you can enforce 10% warscore of demands and make them break the alliance. Don't take much/anything else and the truce will expire quickly. Then invade again and take all their poo poo.

But then you are waiting for longer than the ~3-4 years left for the warscore to jump to 100%/for third parties to accept a white peace and you run the risk of the target getting new allies to replace the lost ones anyway.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
Ethiopia ironman start question, religious idea first and then exploration? Also the starting income situation is brutal without any trade, how did you handle this?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

RestRoomLiterature- posted:

Ethiopia ironman start question, religious idea first and then exploration? Also the starting income situation is brutal without any trade, how did you handle this?

Yes, yes, gold provinces to production development 10

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Gort posted:

gold provinces to production development 10

About this, the capital of the minor on your southwest border (I think Kaffa) is a gold province, take that ASAP, lower autonomy on it and deal with the rebels, and get it to production 10. Early game income problems solved.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

YF-23 posted:

But then you are waiting for longer than the ~3-4 years left for the warscore to jump to 100%/for third parties to accept a white peace and you run the risk of the target getting new allies to replace the lost ones anyway.

5 years, for the record.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Jump to 39 minutes in: http://www.twitch.tv/gamekiwi/v/25813423

What caused the game to deselect the province I was going to take in that peace deal? I did not click anything which would cause that. I've never had that happen before.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

PittTheElder posted:

5 years, for the record.

You're probably not getting 10 war score and enough lowered enthusiasm to peace out instantaneously

E: my post sounds sarcastic but it wasn't. It's possible with a big early battle against a smaller country but you're probably looking at at least two years for a war where you're worried about their allies and that does affect which approach is better.

feller fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 17, 2015

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
Don't forget to send a missionary to Semien, pay him nothing, and lower autonomy in that province. Take negative stab hit events for maximum strats.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

cool and good posted:

You're probably not getting 10 war score and enough lowered enthusiasm to peace out instantaneously

E: my post sounds sarcastic but it wasn't. It's possible with a big early battle against a smaller country but you're probably looking at at least two years for a war where you're worried about their allies and that does affect which approach is better.

I'm just saying 5 years is when ally strength stops figuring in to warscore, and you get your full score against the target even if allies are still in the war. Assuming said allies are wholly inaccessible, that's what you have to wait for.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

PittTheElder posted:

5 years, for the record.

I am assuming the enemy is already fully occupied and that relevant allies have been neutralised, because you'd need to do that anyway before the 5 year period becomes a nuisance that slows you down. Realistically that should take about 2 years for a minor state, more if it's more complicated (allies). So that would be 3 years of a phony war you'd have to wait instead of ~5.5 of a 10WS peace + 2 years to do the occupations of the minor all over again.

Maybe you can do less than one year even to occupy if it's an OPM or it's only a single fort and you don't have to worry about enemy armies, but even then the minimum truce you can get (for a white peace) is 5 years anyway, so if your problem is that there's enemy allies that are not actually participating, you are not saving yourself anything other than peacetime modifiers to stuff like WE or autonomy by doing a minor peace. And even if those are important to you, you are doing this on the hope that the war-target does not get other do-nothing allies in the truce period than the ones you annuled treaties with, so you might as well just sit on them for the remainder of the 5 year period from the start of the war.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

RestRoomLiterature- posted:

Exploration then Humanism. You should beat up Kaffa for their gold mine and just generally conquer as fast as possible to get out of your deficit. Colonization time is irreplaceable - you'll lose a lot of territory to the Europeans if you wait for your second idea group, including the most valuable provinces. Your religious situation is dangerous until you get humanism, but manageable if you mostly vassalize/vassal feed your Sunni neighbors and annex the Coptic ones. In this case, humanism is stronger than religious because your biggest existential threat as Ethiopia is rebels due to your breakneck conquest speed. Solving this issue by just raising autonomy will leave you with persistent income and manpower deficits larger than is advisable in Ethiopia's position.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ethiopia rules.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Coptic is garbage, convert to the true light of Islam.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Sorry but Coptic Jesus owns.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
Goatee Steve Buscemi, the one true messiah.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

He looks like he's in a lovely webcomic.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

TaurusTorus posted:

He looks like he's in a lovely webcomic.

:ssh: The gospels were the time-period equivalent of a lovely webcomic :ssh:

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Animé Jesus

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Dibujante posted:

:ssh: The gospels were the time-period equivalent of a lovely webcomic :ssh:

Not enough homestuck fans being fed to lions

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Can we fix Jewish to not be a Pagan religion?

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

GreyPowerVan posted:

Can we fix Jewish to not be a Pagan religion?

Make Christianity and Islam be heresies of Judaism and call it a day.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Dibujante posted:

Make Christianity and Islam be heresies of Judaism and call it a day.

I just mean it's annoying to have to go bankrupt to convert from Coptic to Jewish.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
indeed the pressing issue of our times

unrelatedly they did a dev multiplayer game again this week. There's new adviser portraits, probably for hordes.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Koramei posted:

indeed the pressing issue of our times

unrelatedly they did a dev multiplayer game again this week. There's new adviser portraits, probably for hordes.

I don't think it would be especially hard to redo a religious template, tbh. Plus it would be easy to make a few achievements for.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Looking at the files, it already isn't a pagan religion, it's in its own group. Unless they're gonna do a whole "abrahamic" super group (that would specifically be only for this one religion that exists only in a single province) I don't really see what they can change.

Can you not just convert through religious rebels anyway?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Koramei posted:

Looking at the files, it already isn't a pagan religion, it's in its own group. Unless they're gonna do a whole "abrahamic" super group (that would specifically be only for this one religion that exists only in a single province) I don't really see what they can change.

Can you not just convert through religious rebels anyway?

Last time I tried it wouldn't let me convert through religious rebels, even after accepting demands said it would change my state religion it didn't. I had to go to OPM and bankrupt myself to do it.

Maybe they fixed it at some point?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Do cavalry sprites only show up when the army is majority cav?

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

GreyPowerVan posted:

Last time I tried it wouldn't let me convert through religious rebels, even after accepting demands said it would change my state religion it didn't. I had to go to OPM and bankrupt myself to do it.

There was a bug that was causing this. It has since been fixed.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

GreyPowerVan posted:

You need to have over 50% of your land be the faith that the rebels are trying to convert you to, and to be at peace I think. You can accept the demands before 50% and it won't work. I remember having that be an issue in my Orthodox Ottoman run, because it autoenforced demands when I was at 47% Orthodox. It has to be over 50% to work. Basically, Jewish would need to become the dominant religion. You would get to that point by making the rebels rise up and then letting them siege your whole nation to force convert it, while carefully desieging the land when they leave to stop the automatic enforce demands timer from kicking in and enforcing before they reach 50%.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Dibujante posted:

There was a bug that was causing this. It has since been fixed.

Okay, I never saw it in the notes. Thank you.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

Paradox should throw a Norse or Suomenusko province in Sweden to turn Scandinavia games into Burn Europe to The loving Ground Simulator. And some Romuva provinces split between the Teutonic and Livonian Orders.

Are the Sami all Catholic? I don't know anything about Swedish history so I dunno if they should be

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Enjoy posted:

Are the Sami all Catholic? I don't know anything about Swedish history so I dunno if they should be

There's a shamanist province up there

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Funky Valentine posted:

While we're fantasizing I would like a CK2 Demon Child-style event chain where your heir believes he is the reincarnation of King Arthur/Julius Caesar, converts to Celtic/Hellenic paganism and Burns Europe To The loving Ground. Get Groogy to code the Hellenic stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

What triggers AI ottomans to get claims on Armenia? According to the wiki they get them if they're not allied to the current holder - I was allied to the ottomans but my vassal owned the provinces, did that cause the claims to get created?

• Locked thread