Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

abigserve posted:

Do people really cart expensive poo poo around in DST's? If you've got really expensive stuff (blue loot, implants, faction mods, blueprints) surely you'd use a blockade runner or an interceptor?

The only stuff I take in my DST is ships and gas, usually <700mil total. I think once I brought back two orthrus's but that's about as expensive as it's ever gotten.

We've seen multiple 20b DSTs in the last week alone. Honestly, it's the new meta for medium (< 60k m3) hauling.

darth cookie posted:

I hauled 2.5b worth of T3 hulls and subsystems 25 jumps including Niarja in a DST. I even saw an obvious bumping Mach on the way through. :frogc00l:

Bumping machs can't really do anything against them because MJDs and because it would be impossible to get a warp-in on a bumped DST that wasn't AFK + Autopiloting. They're also hard to bump. And it's especially hard to gauge the DPS necessary due to overheating, fitting, etc.

Sitting 20 Tornados 1m km off a gate is a really dumb way of killing things that requires very little finesse, just a lot of dumb man-power and waiting. I wish there was a better way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Kiryen posted:

Just loving lol if you don't have all 4 races to V for frigate through cruiser.

loving scrub stopping at cruisers.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Sounds like someone missed out on the Battlecruisers V gravy train.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Also, holy poo poo I missed the whole "Pyfa can now import ship fits to Eve" thing. That's amazing.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Moddington posted:

Sounds like someone missed out on the Battlecruisers V gravy train.

Yes. Yes I did. :negative:

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
So the OP sold me on wasting my life all winter and I shot an email to the appropriate address requesting to be reactivated, since the Revet system doesn't work for some reason.

Any clue how long it usually takes to get a "LOL GTFO" reply back?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Rime posted:

So the OP sold me on wasting my life all winter and I shot an email to the appropriate address requesting to be reactivated, since the Revet system doesn't work for some reason.

Any clue how long it usually takes to get a "LOL GTFO" reply back?

Since it is operated by 2 guys who are asleep at this time of day, the answer is; a little while.

If you haven't heard jack in 48 hours or so, that's when you might consider following up.

lee hazlewood
Mar 8, 2007

HOME CRAP HOME
Hey I just started this game in September and joined BNI because I saw them on Reddit. Should I consider joining a goon corp instead? Is the grass greener over here? Who do I have to blow for someone to try and recruit me?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

lee hazlewood posted:

Hey I just started this game in September and joined BNI because I saw them on Reddit. Should I consider joining a goon corp instead? Is the grass greener over here? Who do I have to blow for someone to try and recruit me?

Just join karmafleet. It's like BNI but much better run.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Rhymenoserous posted:

Why would you rat in a Sin?

It's unironically good at it.

I mean, there's obviously more appropriate ships for the tasks, but I used an escalation runner a couple times who used two sins and positively raced through escalations.

Wozbo
Jul 5, 2010
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6171886#post6171886

"You CAN however do a lot of really crazy thing such as pull bombs that are midair, pull dictor bubbles or chain multiple jumps in a row using several Command Destroyers. "

6km range is pretty poo poo, but if you want to do crazy rear end bombing runs in the hundreds of people I think that's doable now.

E: It also hits drones. MJD group for pulling around sentries?

Wozbo fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Nov 17, 2015

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

ullerrm posted:

of course, i can't maintain an erection without imagining aryth with tears on his face

(new doctrine isn't until december -- i think mittens is going to announce it this week so people can start training. until then, we're still using tengus / feroxes / etc)

I just bought a bil worth of all logi types, so I'm ready. :dance:

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake

Dalael posted:

I just bought a bil worth of all logi types, so I'm ready. :dance:

I got pvp doc for all but the guardian right now, but I am now space poor. Need another iskcursion in our space.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
ISD Ezwal was / is Demichael Crimson.

This is based on a flurry of likes I got one night on eve-o. You get popup notifications at the top of the browser if you're on when someone likes one of your posts. DeMichael Crimson was chain-liking my posts and then one random like was from ISD Ezwal. I checked that post and the like was gone, so apparently it was a mistake. A multi-login thing, maybe. Even an eve-o chatterbug like me, I never got more than one Ezwal like before that.

At the time I couldn't be sure, but since then they've both been less active. Ezwal officially, and DeMichael's posts are down to a trickle. According to the character's posts on eve-o, work has kept him from posting or playing.

He was active in organizing threads on eve-o, had strong feelings against griefers, and someone that active can't not volunteer to help in an official capacity.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.
Why do we care?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Because it's loving important.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Kirs posted:

Why do we care?

ISD ezwal is a huge shitlorde and should be unpersoned is why.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Internet-detectiving your way to avenging your deleted shitposts isn't exactly what I'd call "loving important".

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Fair assumption, but inaccurate. I didn't have the issue of getting posts deleted. I tend to stick to humor everyone can enjoy. My eve-o experience is enjoyable.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Moddington posted:

Internet-detectiving your way to avenging your deleted shitposts isn't exactly what I'd call "loving important".

I don't really think anything related to eve can be called "loving important"

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Azuth0667 posted:

:words: and should be unpersoned is why.

Tell me more about ethics in gaming journalism :allears:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

mpaarating posted:

Tell me more about ethics in gaming journalism :allears:

nah that ezwal dude does suck rear end but so do lots of people

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 17, 2015

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Frozenpussy posted:

ISD Ezwal was / is Demichael Crimson.

Ezwal was terrible. May he RIP Pieces.

ullerrm posted:

Pretty much, yeah.

Except for Exhumers 5. I have a tiny bit of self respect.

No Astronautic Engineering?

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
I have an itch for a spaceship mmo. I played sto which is ok but pvp is dead and that was my favorite part.

I don't want to come back to eve. God help me there must be other options?

Please? I'm open to suggestions.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
I think of EVE as more of a community real world sim that happens to be in spaceships, over a mmo based on spaceships.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

HardKase posted:

I have an itch for a spaceship mmo. I played sto which is ok but pvp is dead and that was my favorite part.

I don't want to come back to eve. God help me there must be other options?

Please? I'm open to suggestions.

Build a model space ship and fly it around your house while making rocket and laser sounds

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Exploration rights are the same as ratting rights correct? So is my only real option for data sites to leave goon space? What about under populated alliance space?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Moochewmoo posted:

Exploration rights are the same as ratting rights correct? So is my only real option for data sites to leave goon space? What about under populated alliance space?

Yes, you can't do exploration sites in space you don't own. Follow the Ratting Rights for any region you're in.

Venal, in particular, is free for all, so consider exploring there if Deklein is picked too cleanly.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Glory of Arioch posted:

Yes, you can't do exploration sites in space you don't own. Follow the Ratting Rights for any region you're in.

Venal, in particular, is free for all, so consider exploring there if Deklein is picked too cleanly.

I'm sure no one cares, but doesn't that make it harder for the more active/populated corps?

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Moochewmoo posted:

I'm sure no one cares, but doesn't that make it harder for the more active/populated corps?

You are freely welcome to hop a wormhole to the other side of the cluster and start cherry picking from the vast solar wasteland that is the East. In fact, I suggest it! Most of the space in the region is only loosely defended and you probably won't find more than a token population.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

You are freely welcome to hop a wormhole to the other side of the cluster and start cherry picking from the vast solar wasteland that is the East. In fact, I suggest it! Most of the space in the region is only loosely defended and you probably won't find more than a token population.

I think I might work towards Gall frigs 5 and rock a black ops ship for exploration. I really enjoy chilling in mumble and moving about. Seems most people dislike exploration, which suits me fine because it's about a thousand more times interesting then ratting.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Moochewmoo posted:

I think I might work towards Gall frigs 5 and rock a black ops ship for exploration. I really enjoy chilling in mumble and moving about. Seems most people dislike exploration, which suits me fine because it's about a thousand more times interesting then ratting.

If your goal is to do data/relic sites, don't use a blackops BS. They lack the hull bonuses for hacking gibsons, and you need those to actually complete the mini-game.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Moochewmoo posted:

What does this even mean? Ratting rights are per-alliance, not per corporation.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Glory of Arioch posted:

If your goal is to do data/relic sites, don't use a blackops BS. They lack the hull bonuses for hacking gibsons, and you need those to actually complete the mini-game.

Yeah use an astero of stratios for exploration as they don't need much skill train and give bonuses

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Lazcats :gizz:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

proteuses are close enough to legions, querns wins again

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

What does this even mean? Ratting rights are per-alliance, not per corporation.

Give him a break. He means whoever had ratting rights for the region.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Glory of Arioch posted:

proteuses are close enough to legions, querns wins again

laz came on mumble and basically said legions are allowed

im sexually aroused by this doctrine tbh

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

So the reality of large scale war in EVE is still 700 tech 3's on a grid :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

crew posted:

So the reality of large scale war in EVE is still 700 tech 3's on a grid :negative:

This isn't going to change until they balance tech 3 ships.

• Locked thread