Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Publix seem a little overpriced, but they're the only place i've found over here outside of weird speciality stores that sell yorkshire tea and i need that to retain my human form. pg tips is piss

Yeah, they overprice everything that's an "import" from certain countries. And yeah, Yorkshire tea is incredibly hard to find. No self-respecting Brit admits to drinking PG anyway. So no worries there :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Google Butt posted:

That'd be cool if they used backer money to sue derek. Heck, they could crowd fund with some cool jpgs.

What could they even possibly try to sue derek for? I'm trying to think of something but nothing comes to mind.

It would be funny tho

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, they overprice everything that's an "import" from certain countries. And yeah, Yorkshire tea is incredibly hard to find. No self-respecting Brit admits to drinking PG anyway. So no worries there :)

If you were near downtown Minneapolis, I could hook you up with fresh yorkshire style tea made here :/

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Google Butt posted:

That'd be cool if they used backer money to sue derek. Heck, they could crowd fund with some cool jpgs.

I think they might have in a roundabout way with all the "Please say it was Derek/Escapist then you can have your money back" leading questions for refunds. But then someone told them stop being retarded and Chris came down so they quietly dropped the lolsuit idea :sigh:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Roberts Space Industries Radish
Aegis Dynamics Parsnip
Origin Jumpworks Onion
Drake Interplanetary Garlic
Anvil Aerospace Turnip

Ship list.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

AP posted:

Aegis Dynamics Parsnip
Origin Jumpworks Onion
Anvil Aerospace Turnip

Ship list.

Needs more Citizen Kane Tumeric

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

AP posted:

Aegis Dynamics Parsnip
Origin Jumpworks Onion
Anvil Aerospace Turnip

Ship list.

Sounds like a good base for a soup.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
The Rabbit Knight

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Berious posted:

I'm tickled that this random thing is a delicacy abroad. Derek how do you feel about marmite and have you tried it on a grilled cheese sandwich?

Love the stuff. And yup, on toast is marvelous! Always have it on hand. Took a while to get my daughter on board; she's the only one vote most likely to listen to anything I say related to weird foods.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
OK Tea chat the best tea is Irish Barry's Tea gold blend. The Irish know their fuckn tea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N20wHvMPTGs

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

theultimo posted:

Any place in us that sells kp brown sauce?

UK condiment chat has had me aching for it

Did you misspell HP there friend?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Hopper posted:

Did you misspell HP there friend?

Yeah drat autocorrect, but I miss it

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

theultimo posted:

Yeah drat autocorrect, but I miss it

Have I got news for you:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...uce%2Caps%2C265

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Hey, congrats man. How long did it take them to get it out to you?

About two months from the time I first got a response to my ticket and now.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
Finally got my refund/account closure email. They're giving me my money back in 3 different ways: paypal, amazon, and credit card reimbursement.

Which is weird as gently caress but whatever.

The amazon credit is already applied. Waiting on the other two.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

drat insta ordered, I miss a good sauce here, most of the time its MN bland Midwest hot dish

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

xanif posted:

Finally got my refund/account closure email. They're giving me my money back in 3 different ways: paypal, amazon, and credit card reimbursement.

Which is weird as gently caress but whatever.

The amazon credit is already applied. Waiting on the other two.
Sounds like a company that really has its finances in order.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

theultimo posted:

Any place in us that sells kp brown sauce?

UK condiment chat has had me aching for it

Publix has this too if you're lucky enough to be in their area, but Amazon prime is magic for all esoteric food needs/cravings.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I remember somebody talking about this special sauce from England, not Worcestershire, but a similar bottle from a small company (somewhere north I think) in this thread a while ago. Any idea what that was? I forgot the name but wanted to note it for my next visit.

NVM: Henderson's is what I was looking for.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 17, 2015

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I'm an American but I've always liked the way British people call them "crisps". It's much better than our word ("chips").

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

i am harry posted:

Salad cream is really really good with shredded cabbage, much better than coleslaw...and even better with celeriac.

Can you do me a big favor and mail me a box containing a large jar of HP fruity sauce, a large jar of pickled onions, and as many containers of chocolate hobnobs as will fit please? Don't worry about the tea, I order PG tips in bulk from Amazon.

e: oh, also, if you like Branston Pickle, there's a sauce here called Pickapeppa that has a mango-flavored version which tastes exactly the same.

Sorry, but no. Anyone who drinks PG Tips doesn't deserve concierge service.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Hopper posted:

I remember somebody talking about this special sauce from England, not Worcestershire, but a similar bottle from a small company (somewhere north I think) in this thread a while ago. Any idea what that was? I forgot the name but wanted to note it for my next visit.

NVM: Henderson's is what I was looking for.

Sounds like a brown sauce,

Branston, HP, YR sauce are similar

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ShredsYouSay posted:

Whoever said tetley was a good tea is tripping.

Twinings earl grey is where it's at.

Derek, did you grow up in the UK? Do you ever feel nostalgic for stovies, broth, or well-fired rolls?

Yeah; so I am nostalgic about everything :) Including weirdly named pubs :)

ps: Stout. Never touched the stuff. Like never - ever - never. It's the most vile thing ever.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

theultimo posted:

Sounds like a brown sauce,

Branston, HP, YR sauce are similar

Nah, Hendersons is special apparently, see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henderson's_Relish

I will order one to my buddy's place and pick it up at his bachelor do I reckon...

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Xaerael posted:

Yes, manufactured, here, have a pic...

You should try Henderson's relish, Derek. It's the best condiment the UK has to offer.

We get that too. Lots of it. And all kinds of authentic Indian curry not found in the US :)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
summary of what happened to kimsemus and thatguy:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sarsapariller posted:

Fifty-two thousand dollars. And he's complaining about being treated like a second class citizen compared to some other backer. What the hell did the other guy spend?

That other guy said something about selling his left nutsack to a doctor in a traveling circus or something along those lines.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Berious posted:

OK Tea chat the best tea is Irish Barry's Tea gold blend. The Irish know their fuckn tea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N20wHvMPTGs

Feck off, cup!

No-one's mentioned Lapsang Souchong yet. This stuff is the best tea. It's...not subtle, and the main flavour is smoke, but loving smoked tea is amazing.

http://www.twinings.co.uk/tea/loose-black-tea/lapsang-souchong

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Romes128 posted:

Derek what's the next bit of drama we can expect?

I am working on a few things right now; all of which are 100% guaranteed to get me either sued (counter-sued if it happens after I sue) or yelled at.

And no, I can't give out hints yet. Rest assured, as always, it will appear here first :)

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

xiansi posted:

Feck off, cup!

No-one's mentioned Lapsang Souchong yet. This stuff is the best tea. It's...not subtle, and the main flavour is smoke, but loving smoked tea is amazing.

http://www.twinings.co.uk/tea/loose-black-tea/lapsang-souchong

I like to use a pinch of Lapsang Souchong tea leaves in stews to add a deep, smoky flavor. Can't stand drinking it, though.

fuzzknot fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 17, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That's Kimsemus in the wheelchair

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
As for loose tea, I recommend this really nice organic Seeyok Second Flush:

http://www.cupoftea.uk.com/darjeeling-seeyok-second-flush-organic/p1120

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

fuzzknot posted:

I like to use a pinch of Lapsang Souchong tea leaves in stews to add a deep, smoky flavor. Can't stand drinking it, though.

Hmm. Hello new idea. Thank you.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

xiansi posted:

A friend of mine is a tea person, and the first time I experienced that I was looking around to see what was on fire.

It's not the good smoke smell of a smoked bbq or a smokey scotch. It's the bad smoke smell of someone burning leaves or a stove burner being left on.

edit:

fuzzknot posted:

props for creativity but why not just get some liquid smoke at that point?

Klyith fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Nov 17, 2015

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Derek when's the next blog, also when are you going to publish the ship sale list?

Also please give a date and then be really late doing it. The idea of all those reddit idiots constantly refreshing your twitter stream and getting incredibly annoyed more than makes up for any temporary disappointment I'll have at having to wait.

I am writing a new blog for early December since I will then get to edit it depending on what actions come after after 11/30 deadline passes.

As I posted earlier (also on Twitter), we have come to the conclusion that they may be setting up my sources to get busted. I have reached out to legal to get more details about what the implications are of using sourced information about a crowd-funded project and which has nothing to do with trade secrets and such. They had told me, weeks back, that there's nothing illegal about it (hence my tweet this morning) since I am reporting on a matter that is of the public interest (to the tune of $95m) and which I have been established (since July) as a public opposition of. It's crazy, but seriously, there are laws about this poo poo. Imagine if Apple, Google or any of those companies, went after people who leaked info about projects. Though this is different.

The problem they have is that, I'm still invested in the project. As such, like all backers, I have a right to any/all information regarding this project. So I don't care wtf they're hiding because if it reaches me, I'm going to make it public. It really is that simple. I just have to act responsibly because my goal is not to get people into trouble or cause them to lose their jobs. My quest is purely about accountability. And in relation to that, there's no loving reason why they should withhold the names of ships in an upcoming sale. Not to mention the fact that they revealed one (Crucible), while withholding the names (and variations) of seven others.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I feel foolish, I only made up 5 names.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Klyith posted:

A friend of mine is a tea person, and the first time I experienced that I was looking around to see what was on fire.

It's not the good smoke smell of a smoked bbq or a smokey scotch. It's the bad smoke smell of someone burning leaves or a stove burner being left on.

edit:

props for creativity but why not just get some liquid smoke at that point?

It doesn't have quite the same flavor. Lapsang Souchong is a spicy smokiness which is especially nice in goulashes, for instance, while liquid smoke is just a smoky taste without much else.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Romes128 posted:

What could they even possibly try to sue derek for? I'm trying to think of something but nothing comes to mind.

It would be funny tho

Not a drat thing. In fact, the crazy thing is that I'm hoping they're dumb enough to do it. For any reason. Anti-SLAPP is a righteous bitch down here in Florida. And any cause of action they bring, and which gets tossed, is a win for me. I get to go write tomes about it and cause them even more PR nightmares once the media picks it up. Not only that, it also brings me one step closer to getting answers as to where all this money went and whether or not malfeasance is in play.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

I actually think this whole spy-vs-spy thing is one of the more interesting developments to come out of this whole debacle. I've spitballed up a list of ships that I'm pretty certain the sale is going to see and I'm interested to eventually see what your leaks say when you drop them. How credible do you think the idea is that they will use this as an opportunity to go mole hunting? If it were me I wouldn't even bother trying to weed out the mole, because if anybody ever caught wind that they were doing it they would lose any sort of deniability on the whole thing. But then again I've never convinced hoards of nerds to give me 95 million dollars, so what do I know?

Also, as a side note I really wasn't kidding, this thread is never more entertaining than when you are going HAM on predictions and tossing around biblical-sounding statements.

Yeah, they're on a mole hunt. I've had some discussions that all point to specifically that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Smart took the NOC list

• Locked thread