Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Until they try it on some crazed libertarian who doesn't believe in state violence but carries around a dozen pieces of tacticlol EDC stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

This is like a fun little exercise. I like in step 5, where they just assume everyone is bloodthirsty and waiting for their chance to hulk out, instead of trying to engage with you in a dialog about why you felt the need to punch someone in the face, where you admit that you grew up in a broken home and hated by your family and just really need love and a hand up.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

9. Use your one phone call with your lawyer to try to explain why you felt a disagreement about foreign policy was worth an assault conviction.

Also for three try "because that's literally what ISIS wants because it's how they recruit people."

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say: "Punch him in the face, and then watch him get up and try to punch you, your buddies, your mother, your father, and your children in the face, just to get to you."

Because that's what they are really advocating for.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

If only there were some way to deal with violent destructive people without killing them. Ah well, summary execution for all violent crimes has worked thus far.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also how do 4 and 7 work? Punch him as hard as you can, then punch harder?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

How many organisms are living on your face that a punch would destroy?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

They do realise that making an unjustified first strike means that they're ISIS in this analogy, right?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
No Im the cool badass like Die Hard

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Julio Cruz posted:

They do realise that making an unjustified first strike means that they're ISIS in this analogy, right?

They're aware the point is to show those sissy liberals they can't not fight forever.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Pack it in everyone.

Loscar
Dec 13, 2002

Oh my god, bear is driving!
Got this beautiful and classy reply earlier...

I do plenty of research. Maybe you don't do enough, or maybe you don't know how to interpret everything you're looking at quite right- I'm not sure.

Either way, something you maybe should know is that not everything I post I 100% agree with necessarily. Sometimes it's to get people talking, or to question what we were taught; as I am also a scientist. The best learners are those who constantly question everything, and if you knew anything about me you would know I've always done this- questioned everything. So before you point the finger at me for spreading misinformation, think twice because I always have a good reason for posting things. You may not always know what my motive is, but that's really not for you to know or judge. Even if my opinions do differ from yours every once in awhile, it doesn't make mine wrong or yours right. So I really don't have much else to say right now. I'm sick, I'm having major surgery soon, and I'd really like rest and get better without you nagging me about a post that was true and has nothing to do with pharmacy in the first place.

I'm not sure what your problem with my most recent post was anyway, I just found it to be interesting (the series of events) and posted that article- as others may also find that information interesting. I'm also friends with mainly highly educated people who can make their own decisions on the validity of what I post- it wasn't made public, I share with my friends only. Additionally, you say I spread misinformation, but that did happen before the Paris attacks. It's also common knowledge (or should be) that countries typically know that an attack is coming before it happens. There is some information out there that shows France did know these attacks were coming and didn't know how to stop it, but I don't believe I posted my information on that- as it would be very controversial, no matter how true it is. In fact that was the case here before 9/11. We knew the attacks were coming and did nothing to stop it. I know that as FACT. However, I am unable to release my source(s) on that information due to how it could affect the security of our country. And most likely you can't find that information in research yet, as I believe that sort of information is sealed for 50 years. I've been very up to date with what's going on with The Islamic State and Paris, Beruit, and Baghdad and the events that occurred in Japan, etc. So I'm not sure, nor do I really care, what you find to be so wrong with the fact the Facebook took down a method of reporting people/ profiles associated with the Islamic State (or maybe you still refer to them as ISIS) right before the Paris attacks happened. I also really don't understand what that has to do with my pharmacy career in general and why that gives you any sort of right to push your opinions on me or to judge me as a future pharmacist.

I have plenty of other health care professionals (not just pharmacists, but doctors and nurses too) on here and some of them have seen some of your past posts, ex. GMOs, thought you needed to do some research, were wrong for coming at me the way you did, and that clearly you had no idea what you were talking about; yet you ARE a licensed Pharmacist. That's probably more scary. Nutrition counseling can be important if your the only health professional a patient talks to about diet and if your supporting GMO's you definitely don't have their best interest or the environments best interest at hand. Plenty of research shows that.

Now, like I said earlier I'm sick, I'm having major surgery soon, and I'd really like rest and get better or unwind be able to have my surgery and I really need to be able to have this surgery as scheduled. So if you would like to entertain conversations more once I've recovered in a few months, I'd be happy to talk with you more then, but right now I need to focus on my health and preparing for all possible outcomes from this surgery.

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

It's kind of fails in the analogy as the "liberal" in question has been sitting on top of them pummeling them and their entire extended family in some fashion since August 2nd, 1990.

The reality of discussion on retaliation is not "we hit them back" or "we stand there and take it". It's "we hit them back harder" or "we keep hitting them just as hard as we have been".

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I started mocking one fundamental misunderstanding, and found two more. It just became fractal misunderstandings after that point.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Loscar posted:

Got this beautiful and classy reply earlier...

I do plenty of research. Maybe you don't do enough, or maybe you don't know how to interpret everything you're looking at quite right- I'm not sure.

Either way, something you maybe should know is that not everything I post I 100% agree with necessarily. Sometimes it's to get people talking, or to question what we were taught; as I am also a scientist. The best learners are those who constantly question everything, and if you knew anything about me you would know I've always done this- questioned everything. So before you point the finger at me for spreading misinformation, think twice because I always have a good reason for posting things. You may not always know what my motive is, but that's really not for you to know or judge. Even if my opinions do differ from yours every once in awhile, it doesn't make mine wrong or yours right. So I really don't have much else to say right now. I'm sick, I'm having major surgery soon, and I'd really like rest and get better without you nagging me about a post that was true and has nothing to do with pharmacy in the first place.

I'm not sure what your problem with my most recent post was anyway, I just found it to be interesting (the series of events) and posted that article- as others may also find that information interesting. I'm also friends with mainly highly educated people who can make their own decisions on the validity of what I post- it wasn't made public, I share with my friends only. Additionally, you say I spread misinformation, but that did happen before the Paris attacks. It's also common knowledge (or should be) that countries typically know that an attack is coming before it happens. There is some information out there that shows France did know these attacks were coming and didn't know how to stop it, but I don't believe I posted my information on that- as it would be very controversial, no matter how true it is. In fact that was the case here before 9/11. We knew the attacks were coming and did nothing to stop it. I know that as FACT. However, I am unable to release my source(s) on that information due to how it could affect the security of our country. And most likely you can't find that information in research yet, as I believe that sort of information is sealed for 50 years. I've been very up to date with what's going on with The Islamic State and Paris, Beruit, and Baghdad and the events that occurred in Japan, etc. So I'm not sure, nor do I really care, what you find to be so wrong with the fact the Facebook took down a method of reporting people/ profiles associated with the Islamic State (or maybe you still refer to them as ISIS) right before the Paris attacks happened. I also really don't understand what that has to do with my pharmacy career in general and why that gives you any sort of right to push your opinions on me or to judge me as a future pharmacist.

I have plenty of other health care professionals (not just pharmacists, but doctors and nurses too) on here and some of them have seen some of your past posts, ex. GMOs, thought you needed to do some research, were wrong for coming at me the way you did, and that clearly you had no idea what you were talking about; yet you ARE a licensed Pharmacist. That's probably more scary. Nutrition counseling can be important if your the only health professional a patient talks to about diet and if your supporting GMO's you definitely don't have their best interest or the environments best interest at hand. Plenty of research shows that.

Now, like I said earlier I'm sick, I'm having major surgery soon, and I'd really like rest and get better or unwind be able to have my surgery and I really need to be able to have this surgery as scheduled. So if you would like to entertain conversations more once I've recovered in a few months, I'd be happy to talk with you more then, but right now I need to focus on my health and preparing for all possible outcomes from this surgery.

The gently caress is this word salad
"I am a scientist, I was taught to question everything"
"You can't question what I'm saying though because I'm right"
"I can't prove to you right now how right I am because of national security, just take my word for it"
"Clearly you need to do more research on GMOs because your clearly not informed"
"I'm going to be the belligerent but you can't talk back to me right now, I need my strength"
:what:

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 17, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Well, we'll know for sure in 50 years when the information is unsealed. :v:

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
I thought it was common knowledge that the plans for the 9/11 attacks were at least known about by some intelligence agencies. I don't want to touch on whether the reason for not acting was incompetence, inability, a lack of specifics, or a conspiracy; but have I accidently absorbed some truther garbage into my memory? Were the plans known?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I think what it was was that several agencies (NSA, CIA, FBI, etc) had different info on each perpetrator that if pieced together could of given enough indication they were planning something and it should of been looked into.

But each agency had almost no communicaton with each other so it never got looked into until it was too late.

It's a far cry from the "Well the government knew it was coming and did nothing." But then again reality is never as ridiculous as conspiracy theories say it is. Never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity etc etc..

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
There was a particularly racist post on imgur (surprise) that I decided to wade into: http://imgur.com/gallery/lksq0Sy

You can read most of the comments (they're terrible), but I decided to respond to one, and I think I broke this guys' brain:

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 17, 2015

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

The great thing about that image is that most service men who have been in actual combat are cautious to move into war. Generals tend to be reluctant on committing people to death. Its regular conservative assholes that have no problem with sending people to their death. So I'd love for that person to act all tough on a service member.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

seiferguy posted:

There was a particularly racist post on imgur (surprise) that I decided to wade into: http://imgur.com/gallery/lksq0Sy

You can read most of the comments (they're terrible), but I decided to respond to one, and I think I broke this guys' brain:

People should protest in ways that can be safely ignored, unless it affects me, in which case everyone needs to hear about it.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Heart disease is the number 1 killer of blacks. :colbert:

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Had a close friend recently dropped a Stefan Molyneux video about the Paris attacks on me. Some of the most insane racist babbling I've heard, factually wrong each step of the way in the most batshit way possible. How in the poo poo do you counter argue with such brutal insanity besides "I don't agree with the premise"?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

FaustianQ posted:

Had a close friend recently dropped a Stefan Molyneux video about the Paris attacks on me. Some of the most insane racist babbling I've heard, factually wrong each step of the way in the most batshit way possible. How in the poo poo do you counter argue with such brutal insanity besides "I don't agree with the premise"?

Brutal mockery. People who post Stefan Molyneaux videos, in my experience, are already a lost cause.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
Anyone else's feed awash in garbage word-salad pseudo-enlightenment reposts from Spirit Science and poo poo like David Wolfe?

Also concur with Stefan Molyneaux- friend posted the same video recently and I pretty much went 'NOPE' after typing the first couple sentences of a response. Not worth it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Poizen Jam posted:

Anyone else's feed awash in garbage word-salad pseudo-enlightenment reposts from Spirit Science and poo poo like David Wolfe?
Always. I've never seen any of them that were political enough to post and only a few that were coherent enough to even formulate a counterargument.

The Spirit Science guy thinks Jews come from space though :lol:

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Hulk Krogan posted:

Brutal mockery. People who post Stefan Molyneaux videos, in my experience, are already a lost cause.

It's just weird, they seemed normal and fine, it's like the Paris attack broke them or something.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I saw one guy mad that people are pointing out that being bigoted is feeding ISIS. That we should stop saying that and repeating a word we heard two days ago cause we don't know what it means. Someone else also chimed in with a "if you disagree a with us your feeding ISIS."

People really don't want to admit that bigotry is bad what the gently caress!

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

KomradeX posted:

People really don't want to admit that bigotry is bad what the gently caress!

"Bigots/racists are bad people, and I am not a bad person, therefore I cannot be a bigot/racist." - Everyone.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Comments about immigrants popped up on my feed. Apparently the choice is either to help homeless veterans OR refugees. I said that was stupid. I also apparently also called the guys girlfriend stupid for thinking that Obama could be impeached for having states take immigrants and he got really mad about it.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Doctor Butts posted:

Comments about immigrants popped up on my feed. Apparently the choice is either to help homeless veterans OR refugees. I said that was stupid. I also apparently also called the guys girlfriend stupid for thinking that Obama could be impeached for having states take immigrants and he got really mad about it.

But she is stupid.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Van Kraken posted:

Heart disease is the number 1 killer of blacks. :colbert:

Yes, but what if you replied with "men"?

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

This is dumb. Of course the liberal punches him, the rear end in a top hat, back. What you don't do is swing wildly and KO 30 babies strategically placed around him in an effort to get a shot in.

E: The keyword is innocent which Mr Hero here strategically overlooks to make his dumb meme.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Hulk Krogan posted:

"Bigots/racists are bad people, and I am not a bad person, therefore I cannot be a bigot/racist." - Everyone.

It's not even that anymore these people are proud of their bigotry. They always use the defense of everyone is racist.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Guavanaut posted:

Always. I've never seen any of them that were political enough to post and only a few that were coherent enough to even formulate a counterargument.

The Spirit Science guy thinks Jews come from space though :lol:

Hard to make a political statement when you can't even form a coherent sentence.

Interestingly enough I saw some research on this stuff at a conference last year. Those who read meaning into these non sensical word salads demonstrated a notable lack of critical thinking. Turns out all that wish washy garbage plays on the same idea as horoscopes; vague descriptions that people inject meaning into.

Had no idea the nut bar thinks Jewish people are aliens though.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
I'm going with what seems to be the assumption of the thread that Facebook posts are forwards. Either way, one of my cousins decided to post a meme this morning about ISIS. It took me a full minute to process what was so off about it.

He's identifying himself with the loving neo-Nazi.
Am I in some kind of Christian hell for vexing strangers or something? There has to be a massive number of "defiant pose" images without a giant loving swastika tattooed on the guy's chest.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I've been trolling a post on Favebook by one of Michigan Radio's (our local NPR affiliate) political commentators, Jack Lessenberry and its broughtout some mundane conservative counterpoints and one or two real whack jobs. Now I've got some old dude threatening to come beat me up IRL if I don't delete a reply I made to him. So all in all a productive day at work.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

climboutonalimb posted:

This is dumb. Of course the liberal punches him, the rear end in a top hat, back. What you don't do is swing wildly and KO 30 babies strategically placed around him in an effort to get a shot in.

E: The keyword is innocent which Mr Hero here strategically overlooks to make his dumb meme.

Look, if it's legitimate innocence the babies' bodies have ways of shutting the whole thing down.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Dylanthulhu posted:

I'm going with what seems to be the assumption of the thread that Facebook posts are forwards. Either way, one of my cousins decided to post a meme this morning about ISIS. It took me a full minute to process what was so off about it.

Am I in some kind of Christian hell for vexing strangers or something? There has to be a massive number of "defiant pose" images without a giant loving swastika tattooed on the guy's chest.

Hate to break it to you, but your cousin might be a neo-Nazi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

Dylanthulhu posted:

Maybe he just wants to identify with Edward Norton and chose a particularly unfortunate performance.