Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Even the bald boy separated by his twin read to throw down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lisa continues to be the best.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I thought Lisa was Piccolo, but she's doing the Goku full nelson there, what gives?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Yup, Hijack wins.

Thinking about it, with Forge and Hijack, Paranatural has rather moral antagonists. Except that bat spirit I guess.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Hypocrisy posted:

Except that bat spirit I guess.

He was told to stop being evil, so I think he's fine now.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hypocrisy posted:

Yup, Hijack wins.

Thinking about it, with Forge and Hijack, Paranatural has rather moral antagonists. Except that bat spirit I guess.

Don't forget the racist frog whale.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Pretty much all spirits capable of intelligent speech seem to be deeply concerned with ethics.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Somehow I think Lisa being that close to and physically touching Hijack might not be the best idea

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Normal kid did it and look what happened to him

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The possibility that Hijack will just drop Jeff and possess someone else does seem to be something nobody has considered.

Including Hijack.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Rand Brittain posted:

The possibility that Hijack will just drop Jeff and possess someone else does seem to be something nobody has considered.

Including Hijack.

Post-Credit scene material right there.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
My speculation is Hijack is going to achieve his overall goal of reaching the teacher's lounge. I think he's going to make it there pummeled in Jeff's body though.

Also, I'm going to assume Max and Johnny are going to get along quite well after this whole thing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Matlock Birthmark posted:

My speculation is Hijack is going to achieve his overall goal of reaching the teacher's lounge. I think he's going to make it there pummeled in Jeff's body though.

Also, I'm going to assume Max and Johnny are going to get along quite well after this whole thing.
Yeah, this has 'begrudging respect' written all over it.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Rand Brittain posted:

Including Hijack.

Hijack isn't possessing Jeff or anything, so it's possible that just isn't an option. Given the dog, Hijack can jump from one puppet to another but I'm guessing here that Hijack would need to expose himself or his powers (ghost strings?) when doing so and there's a bunch of spectrals around who would see.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

My speculation is Hijack is going to achieve his overall goal of reaching the teacher's lounge.
I agree with you, I think that's what's implied in this flashback: http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=315

Maybe that whole page was misdirection though idk v:v:v

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
You know, small detail I just noticed. Ollie and RJ are already moving past the other kids in panel two. And they are already rushing in (maybe to help Max) before Johnny motivates the others.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
It's not implied, but it is feasible that there's a limitation to Hijack's ability. He didn't jump into any old student, but one at a moment of extreme emotional vulnerability, and showed apparently sympathetic, albeit amplified, feelings of injustice.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

You know, small detail I just noticed. Ollie and RJ are already moving past the other kids in panel two. And they are already rushing in (maybe to help Max) before Johnny motivates the others.

The bond of friendship, once formed, is stronger than steel

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
My favorite detail on this page is the people pulling balls off of ball golem

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

And the alt-text joke about that is good too.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Cubone posted:

It's not implied, but it is feasible that there's a limitation to Hijack's ability. He didn't jump into any old student, but one at a moment of extreme emotional vulnerability, and showed apparently sympathetic, albeit amplified, feelings of injustice.

That dog must have had an awful day.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

may contain peanuts posted:

I agree with you, I think that's what's implied in this flashback: http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=315

Maybe that whole page was misdirection though idk v:v:v
I forgot how good the next page is. Zoom and Enhance with the help of MS Paint.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Hypocrisy posted:

Yes

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

There's also the detail of Hijack saying "Oh no, I didn't mean to-" really out-loudly in what I can only hear as that semi-sarcastic tone one would do in that situation.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

neogeo0823 posted:

There's also the detail of Hijack saying "Oh no, I didn't mean to-" really out-loudly in what I can only hear as that semi-sarcastic tone one would do in that situation.

Going by the art, it actually looks like he's sincerely freaking out; he wanted to hurt someone he thought deserved it, which is why he was maneuvering so that Johnny wouldn't be able to react in time when Max ducked the ball. Except then Max didn't duck the ball and got nailed right in the arms, achieving his goal of 'hurt someone', just not in the righteous manner he'd meant to. His "I have to-" before Liza Goku-Grapples him probably goes along with this; he still wants to get Johnny, even now that the odds are really stacking against him.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Hypocrisy posted:

Stomach problems are a common sign of stress in dogs

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
With the mention of Goku in this thread I will be extremely disappointed if there is no homage to the Goku holding Radditz while Piccolo blows a hole through both of them scene in the next few pages

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Isabelle goes for a special beam cannon shot, Hijack's all "did you forget that doesn't work?"

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Update!

alt: get back in there and take it like a bean

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Ettin posted:

Update!

alt: get back in there and take it like a bean

Oh no :ohdear:
Lisa got hit too.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Lisa continues to be the creepiest thing. Look at that blissful, carefree expression she has as she holds someone she has to think is possessed while they get pummeled by hitballs.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

List of spectral suspects at this point:
- Dimitri most definitely
- Lisa
- Cody?
- Mr Garcia???

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Kikas posted:

Oh no :ohdear:
Lisa got hit too.

She looks like she's leaning out into the volley. She wants to spend as little time hitballing as possible.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

In the end it's gonna turn out that everyone in the school knows about spirits but just don't care that much. Johnny just can't comprehend them.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Blackheart posted:

In the end it's gonna turn out that everyone in the school knows about spirits but just don't care that much. Johnny just can't comprehend them.

Everyone except Suzy.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That would be great. I forgot which chapter it was, but it was Max or someone else who asked Spender, what happens if everyone found out about the spirits and Spender had no answer.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
How can one comic be full of so many 'BEST' characters?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Huh, I wasn't expecting Hijack to lose control of Jeff from this.

Also, Lisa continuing to be great.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Huh, I wasn't expecting Hijack to lose control of Jeff from this.

Also, Lisa continuing to be great.

He's a good sport, he lost in Hitball, so he abandons Jeff.

Either that, or it turns out that all those veins were putting too much pressure on Jeff's body and the balls were the breaking point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pyroi posted:

Either that, or it turns out that all those veins were putting too much pressure on Jeff's body and the balls were the breaking point.

Next update is a full-page spread of Jeff exploding like a Fist of the North Star baddie