Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Just started reading How To Be A Werewolf and I've been enjoying it so far! Girl is a werewolf living in town where she hasn't had any interactions with the supernatural, suddenly due to becoming The Main Character In A Comic is now running into that stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

erfworld's low point is that it's a dramatic narrative built on monkey cheese epic meme references and the same 'haha what if games were real and their rules were physics, wouldn't that be wacky' premise that has already been flogged to death for literally every actual game that exists, and wasn't funny the first time

It's really more like "wouldn't that be terrible?"

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Pavlov posted:

Here you can observe a properly garfated QC comic.

Notice that the absence of the joke actually increases the comedic value. This serves as evidence of a possible "antihumor" which QC is theorized to generate. You can learn more about this in my new book The Sound of One Cheek Farting.

My only objection to this is that you deleted Cityface.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
poo poo is about to get all too real in Dr. McNinja. Well, as real as things can get when you're dealing with ridiculous concepts like ghost wizards that look like party decorations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Again it's one of the tons of bizzare ridiculous things that at some point I lost ability to keep track of but...

What is with the beardo in the sunglasses and the stone spooky sheet ghost wizard?

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Just going by memory here: beardo is Doc's grandfather, who sacrificed himself to cast a spell to petrify the ghost wizard. The spell also made everyone forget Doc's name, and will break if he ever tells it to anyone.

Ghost wizard's been petrified a good two or three decades, he's gonna be hella pissed when he shows up.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

djw175 posted:

Skullkickers is a pulpy comic that follows a monster slaying duo around. On their travels, they meet an elf who wants to fulfill her destiny, a demon who wants to take over the world, and an intergalactic elder god who wants to take over all the worlds. Hijinks ensue.
Thanks for making me aware of this. Fantastic read so far.

Dogwood Fleet posted:

I can't stop gawking at Megatokyo and Fred.
Part of me still likes this series (I have my print volumes on my shelf). I just wish that Fred would update the drat thing and finish it. It's not the fact that his art hasn't improved over the decade and a half that the series has been running. It's not the fact that Rodney left and took the humor with him. It's being able to forget about that series for months at a time, and when someone brings it up going back and seeing another calendar pinup or store ad. Hell Outsider has had more consistent updates over the last three months. And Jim Francis is also working on a video game. And He's the kind of crazy perfectionist who creates 3D models of every location in his comic so things stay on model.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Pavlov posted:

Yeah those were from last thread I think.

The joke is that QC needs to die.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

SynthOrange posted:

Again it's one of the tons of bizzare ridiculous things that at some point I lost ability to keep track of but...

What is with the beardo in the sunglasses and the stone spooky sheet ghost wizard?

the last like dozen pages have been entirely about this chapter

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Moddington posted:

Ghost wizard's been petrified a good two or three decades, he's gonna be hella pissed when he shows up.

Also, he was in the middle of casting a spell that would kill McNinja by turning probability against him. (I kind of assumed the deal was the doctor would automatically die if he told anyone his name, but I guess the wizard didn't get to finish his spell. Or maybe he just suffers a ridiculous run of bad luck from now until the end of the series.)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It seems like we're in an endgame that's just gonna bring back everyone, if you haven't been following along you're pretty hosed.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Blackfish posted:

I like it a lot, there's been some great character development recently. Violet is a good character and I hope we see a lot more of her. I'm curious about what Enid is. Some commenters were saying that it is literally An Id which could be cool, or like a hybrid since it can talk.

I'm wondering what the heck Enid is as well. I mean, aside from the Barenaked Ladies reference pointed out in the comments. I see what looks like a tail behind her, but it's bulbous or something.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Pavlov posted:

Here we go, these were the first ones.

why does this dude stick his peoples in the same side of every single panel

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Brought To You By posted:

Hell Outsider has had more consistent updates over the last three months.
Wait what? *checks* Holy poo poo, it has! :aaa:

EDIT: Oh man, it's had a whole 5 pages since Feb 2013! really moving along there :haw:

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Jackard posted:

Erm, the 180-degree rule?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

And He's the kind of crazy perfectionist who creates 3D models of every location in his comic so things stay on model.

And then he uses the renders directly, instead of tracing over them, so his characters end up looking like 2D cardboard cutouts standing in a 3D scene.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

MikeJF posted:

It seems like we're in an endgame that's just gonna bring back everyone, if you haven't been following along you're pretty hosed.

Dracula needs to get off his rear end

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

qntm posted:

Erm, the 180-degree rule?
Yea but look at any of the comics posted here next to QC. He might as well be using stick figures or something

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Jackard posted:

you... do know there was originally other people there right?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

MikeJF posted:

you... do know there was originally other people there right?
I'm going out on a limb here that the missing person is just as static and boring as the remaining one

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

*crashes through cathedral rose window dramatically*

GUYS

GUYS

DID YOU KNOW THAT QUESTIONABLE CONTENT IS BORING????

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

You can't stop this train

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
Neokosmos updated.

Tab, enter, tab, enter, tab, enter...

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Yeah i'm getting pretty tired of the whole Homestuck 1page 1 panel format- I know it's a lot easier to create content at a consistent pace, but it just comes off as lazy.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Just Offscreen posted:

Yeah i'm getting pretty tired of the whole Homestuck 1page 1 panel format- I know it's a lot easier to create content at a consistent pace, but it just comes off as lazy.

Are there at least Flash animations or games that happen every now and again that help break up the pattern?

Never read Kos so honestly asking

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Alaois posted:

*crashes through cathedral rose window dramatically*

GUYS

GUYS

DID YOU KNOW THAT QUESTIONABLE CONTENT IS BORING????
[entering normally, through door] Hm. I agree.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Just Offscreen posted:

i mean, I'm not gonna read that thing cause it looks like it sucks regardless, but if you're gonna throw out hundreds of single-panel pages of five-minute art people gotta work through at least have your back and forward arrows in the same place on every page, so people can click on through without hunting for it

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 18, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Every page is an adventure!

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
There was some good material that was born out of the homestuck/forum-adventure trend, but that stuff was always the stuff that ripped off homestuck the least.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Just started reading How To Be A Werewolf and I've been enjoying it so far! Girl is a werewolf living in town where she hasn't had any interactions with the supernatural, suddenly due to becoming The Main Character In A Comic is now running into that stuff.
This is pretty cool so far, thanks

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Pavlov posted:

There was some good material that was born out of the homestuck/forum-adventure trend, but that stuff was always the stuff that ripped off homestuck the least.

I can certainly agree with that- I mean look at KSBD, and Undertale- they both sprang from that and went off and became more.

I forget, did Poppy start that way?

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND

Just Offscreen posted:

I can certainly agree with that- I mean look at KSBD, and Undertale- they both sprang from that and went off and became more.

I forget, did Poppy start that way?

No, but at one point I had plans to do one about sky privateers. Skyvateers. It was called Seven Skies and it died before it even began and became one of those things that just rattles around in my head, occasionally getting mental updates.
Poppy was born purely out of good ol' art school sleep deprivation.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

That reminds me of a dream I had once about a band of professional diamond thieves.

They called themselves The Diamondeers.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Just Offscreen posted:

That reminds me of a dream I had once about a band of professional diamond thieves.

They called themselves The Diamondeers.

So would they call what they do diamondeering?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

It's not the fact that Rodney left and took the humor with him.

It seems like this gets mentioned any time Megatokyo gets discussed, and it truly boggles me considering that Rodney left thirteen years ago.

Although that said it also boggles me that Megatokyo is still going at all.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

It seems like this gets mentioned any time Megatokyo gets discussed, and it truly boggles me considering that Rodney left thirteen years ago.

Although that said it also boggles me that Megatokyo is still going at all.

It kind of depends on what you mean by "still going". I don't think there's been an actual new comic in nearly a year.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Megatokyo sucked even before Rodney left; like a lot of mediocre long-running comic strips, it just happened to show up at the right time (specifically when early-00's otaku culture was getting huge and there weren't that many webcomics targeting that audience) and still maintains popularity due to sheer inertia.

The only thing I remember about Megatokyo is that they were really ahead of the curve when it came to having published editions in bookstores. I wonder how successful that comic would have been today if the author didn't have such a lovely work ethic.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I think that Megatokyo was the first webcomic I ever saw physical copies of in a Barnes and Noble.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

I bought the first three- and then threw them away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

i mean, I'm not gonna read that thing cause it looks like it sucks regardless, but if you're gonna throw out hundreds of single-panel pages of five-minute art people gotta work through at least have your back and forward arrows in the same place on every page, so people can click on through without hunting for it

Or support arrow key navigation. It's like two lines of JavaScript.

• Locked thread